test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Old Timer's Guild

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 5,050,278 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2011
    Sounds like a fun assortment of folk, may look you up when the game comes out.
    edited November 2011
    Interesting group... I certainly qualify for the name. ;)

More later, will watch this space.

Swifty
    edited January 2012
    Hi, I used to group with you guys on Ghallanda in DDO a good bit. I am definitely gonna be playing this upon release and was glad to see friendly faces here already. :D Oh and your guild registration on your website doesn't seem to like me. Keeps telling me I am a spammer...
    edited January 2012
    I'm a long time PnP D&D player (as in that little bunch of paper figures I punched out from I think it was stored a red box, welll the classes were elf and dwarf and fighter :) ...) over thirty three years give or take. I played SWG (and like to pretend I didn't,) and played DDO for years over on Thelanis and Sarlona before other guild drama made me decide to leave since it just became no fun (oh yeah and also no druids after years and a power creeep with ridiculous crafting overhead to timesink.) I am also a former Evercrack survivor and will deny I cried what I couldn't recover my corpse and quit cold turkey :p. Right now I happened to read about your guild, and am curious about the "PnP" Virtual Table you're talking about (went over to the guild site and registered, but didn't see any links for that specificly to apply.) Obviously due to the changes in Neverwinter, guild recruitment here is moot for a while (and I also read the intraguild process so it's moot until I'm a member of the guild anyway,) and I may be involved in another guild for NW, but I'll keep my options open, and if allowed, have no problem with more than one guild.

Gamewise I'm a big fan of roleplaying and character development, but the MMORPG games setup has made me a bit of a hybrid roleplayer-powergamer by necessity sometimes. We'll see what eventually is done for this Neverwinter game, since it's not Bioware and not a PW run by player servers, but I have high hopes as Turbine at least showed DDO as a (sort of) MMORPG can be done.

Now stop gawking and get back to work yer dang punks!

(I'm a new oldie, how was that? More crotch in my crotchedy :p)
    edited January 2012
    Sounds kinda what I'd like to join. Its fun and all to play with families and their kids, but sometimes I just want to play with some oldschool players who have been around the block a few hundred times like myself.

When NWOnline gets launched I'd be interested in joining.
    edited January 2012
    If you guys would like to join I would suggest heading over to the website and posting as a visitor in the recruitment forums under general. One of the officers will replay and give you all the info you need to get hooked up. We aren't taking applications for NWO because it isn't in beta yet, but we allow joins for other games and general interest.

Thanks for your replies and interest! Hope to see you guys in the guild :)
    edited April 2012
    Just wanted to pop in and say hi to you guys. I was one of the original founding members of your guild. Good luck to you and hope you guys have a great time here.
    edited April 2012
    I played with OTG a long time ago. Was even an officer in Vanguard years back. I'll probably give you folks a buzz when this finally opens. :)
  • thatyoungminionthatyoungminion Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Can't wate to play
  • aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,369 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    A great guild, I hope to see you guys active around Neverwinter!

Frobozz, Aandre, & Mississippee checking in with my alma mater ;)

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • thunderspankerthunderspanker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 713 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2012
    Hello old timers!!! As an aged gamer that knew dungeons and dragons when you had to invent your own world, and the dice were second only to the dungeon master's discretion, it is great to see such a presence in Neverwinter. Our guilds shall raise drinks together at the tavern!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Himmelville - Are you easily frightened?
    Click Here

On one side of the mountain, there were bones...
  • volrath1986volrath1986 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 50
    edited October 2012
    Hey OTG... Shackles here and ready to rumble. Just waiting for my invite and can't wait
    edited October 2012
    So who's the guild leader going to be in OTG Neverwinter?

Would love to get all the juicy details for the OTG listed in the Directory of the Founders Guilds of Neverwinter!

No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • kharzaotgkharzaotg Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I'm one of OTG's newest Vanguard members, and I've been watching NWO for a little over a year, or so, now. I may stick with this name, or switch to one of my older names when the game comes out. I'm definitely looking forward to this game.
  • otgkharzaotgkharza Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    kharzaotg wrote: »
    I'm one of OTG's newest Vanguard members, and I've been watching NWO for a little over a year, or so, now. I may stick with this name, or switch to one of my older names when the game comes out. I'm definitely looking forward to this game.

Apparently the forum doesn't like me. Made another new account and have the site set to remember the information...Hopefully this works...
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited October 2012
    otgkharza wrote: »
    Apparently the forum doesn't like me. Made another new account and have the site set to remember the information...Hopefully this works...

What seemed to be the issue? Feel free to contact me by PM. There's no reason you shouldn't be able to log into your original account and if there is, it can be resolved through Support. If this is in regard to a 504 Gateway Error seen early yesterday morning, that was a server issue and should now be resolved. If you cannot remember your password, you can do a password reset through the "Forgot your User ID or Password" link below the login fields.

There is an issue that keeps people from staying logged into the forums between sessions, so please do keep your password safe. No one should ever ask you for your password, not even PWE Employees.
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    zebular wrote: »
    What seemed to be the issue? Feel free to contact me by PM. There's no reason you shouldn't be able to log into your original account and if there is, it can be resolved through Support. If this is in regard to a 504 Gateway Error seen early yesterday morning, that was a server issue and should now be resolved. If you cannot remember your password, you can do a password reset through the "Forgot your User ID or Password" link below the login fields.

There is an issue that keeps people from staying logged into the forums between sessions, so please do keep your password safe. No one should ever ask you for your password, not even PWE Employees.

However, if you have the redirect error, it's POSSIBLE a new account may work as per the link but no guarantees.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mezrael13mezrael13 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    OTG is a mature guild open to folks 25 and up, we support a number of MMOs from WoW to Darkfall, and EVE to World of Tanks. We also have an active Fantasy Grounds 2 Virtual Tabletop chapter that is looking to get involved with Neverwinter... Come check us out!

Are you the same Old timers guild from DDO?
  • otgkharzaotgkharza Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    zebular wrote: »

However, if you have the redirect error, it's POSSIBLE a new account may work as per the link but no guarantees.

This has happened with each account I have set up. I'll reset my password and the forum doesn't like my password/captcha combo. No matter what I do, I haven't found a way to fix it. If it is possible to simply merge my accounts, that would be fine. Though I seem to have 4. :D
  • adaram648adaram648 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 366 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2012
    Hello from a fellow (albeit inactive at the moment) OTGer! I'll have to pop back on the forums again now that I know we'll be hanging in Neverwinter!

I also had all sorts of issues with my account/password reset, etc. but they seem to have finally worked out!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    otgkharza wrote: »
    This has happened with each account I have set up. I'll reset my password and the forum doesn't like my password/captcha combo. No matter what I do, I haven't found a way to fix it. If it is possible to simply merge my accounts, that would be fine. Though I seem to have 4. :D
    I'm getting a "Redirect Error" or the page won't display when I attempt to Contact PWE Support or Create a Ticket. HELP!!! What Can I Do!?

This is a known issue that PWE is aware of. At the time of this response, I also am affected by the redirect loop. Below is the issue from PWE directly and PWE Support site Mod Darth Panda's solutions on how Support can be contacted when this happens, (or alternately contacting Support should your redirect issue be ongoing.)
    This webpage has a redirect loop
    The webpage at http://www.perfectworld.com/login/?src=rn&returnTo=0&error=7&lang=en has resulted in too many redirects. Clearing your cookies for this site or allowing third-party cookies may fix the problem. If not, it is possibly a server configuration issue and not a problem with your computer.
    Here are some suggestions:
    Reload this webpage later.
    Learn more about this problem.
    Error 310 (net::ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS): There were too many redirects.
    Hi Everyone,
    If you wind up getting a redirect loop when trying to use our support website and need to contact us, there are a few current work arounds for this known issue:
    1) Create a new PWE account and use that to submit and update your tickets.
    2) Send us an email to customerservice at perfectworld dotcom.
    It has something to possibly do with a database issue with the Rightnow system and ours. Hopefully it gets fixed soon!

Unfortunately, if clearing your cache and cookies and reloading the page do not help, making a new account and/or emailing them (with your registered PWE email) at customerservice@perfectworld.com directly are the only known workarounds available at this time.

Then as per the link and my FAQ's answer list, if clearing cache and cookies doesn't help, a direct email way is the only way to contact support.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mysturumysturu Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Hello guys, have checked out ur forums and read coc ect.. id love 2 join u guys..sounds my kinda place..ive always said its about the journey and not the destination, currently playing PWI, and waiting for Neverwinter eagerly, as i feel my time in PWI is at an end. many of the veteran players have moved on i need to do same, unfortunately atm i dont play any of the other games u have listed so will just have 2 wait for launch of game, or beta invite.

Peace
  • kryciuskrycius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 88
    edited November 2012
    I went to your web page, and looked over your COC and everything and you look like a great guild especially being 41 myself and an avid gamer. Currently I am playing GW2, MWO beta, and Hawken beta, I have played all the NWN games and most MMO's there are. I'm a lifetime subscriber to LOTRO but havnt logged in lately. I am an avid "ROLL PLAYER" and care nothing for power gaming and get annoyed with games that cater to DPS builds. I just want to relax and enjoy playing with a group of guys doing the same thing. As I am about to retire after 25 yrs of service in the Army I am also looking to get involved in a good old PNP game if possible, even if its via the internet. In your guild recruitment I didnt see any threads on your NWO recruiting but will continue to watch for it. If you can give me a link or something like a heads up please do!

Looking forward to seeing you all in NeverWinter.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2012
    Almost the same CV as Krycius, with the same opinion as him about gaming, so I would be interested in this guild as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • byphbyph Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Hi all,

I'm just a rank-and-file OTGer, but I can try to answer some questions.

First, there's no OTG chapter yet for NWO, probably because there's no release date. OTG chapters typically form about 30 days prior to release. In the meantime, you can apply to join under General Membership Recruiting here. Be sure to read to sticky there.

For now, NWO discussion has its own folder under New Game Development here. It's also where you should expect announcements about NWO chapter formation, how to join the chapter, etc. once that happens. Note that recent guild policy has been to not allow new recruits for a period of about 30 days prior to and after release. So, IMHO your best bet is to join now, establish yourself as a general member and then you'll be good-to-go for joining the chapter when it forms.

Krycius, there's a PNP section (Virtual Table Tops) here you might want to check out as well.

Anyway, hope this helps, and hope to see you online.
  • matin001matin001 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I'm still keeping an eye open on this game.

aka Matin
  • cybertroll62cybertroll62 Member Posts: 30
    edited January 2013
    ROFLMAO Old Timers Guild Age 25 and Up...

Almost spit my dentures out with that one!

Do the terms "Blackmoor", "Greyhawk", "Chain Mail" , "First Fantasy Campaign", "Arduin Grimoire", "Welcome to Skull Tower" and "The Runes of Doom" mean anything to the players in this guild? (I personally have all but FFC in my collection, that one stolen decades ago.)

Since I am twice the Minimum age, and counting, can I get two votes in such a guild?
  • mcvaemcvae Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I like that fact u r looking for mature players. = less drama. there is an old timer guild on ddo, and lotro as well. any connection?
    edited January 2013
    One in the same. One of the great no drama guilds in MMOland. Had many great days in this guild before venturing out to form my own guild.

• mankind10mankind10 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    hey guys! i am looking for a group of mature players to enjoy Neverwinter with and thinking about applying to your guild. i played tabletop d&d since D&DA, played alot on NWN and played wow til few years back. I am 30 and looking forward to create both a tank and a healer. My roleplay is somewhat a bit broken as english isnt my first language but i like to pitch in anytime i can, i am team player and will have lots of time to invest in this game, got my beta key and i cant wait to play!!!! let me know how or what to do if your interested in me joinin your ranks. thanks