test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Disappointing Rewards from the Dragonic Rage battle pass

2»

Comments

• regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,041 Arc User
    edited May 2022
    Well, neither the rewards nor the way to unlock them is something easy to do for new players... i mean, did they even have a look at the random dungeon/skirmish queue list and considered for a moment that some of those dungeons/skirmishes shouldn't even be in there?

A new or returning players isn't going to spend half an hour on a really frustrating random dungeon/skirmish run every single day for nearly two weeks to unlock some junk he can get from other events or just buy from the AH... those players might try it once or twice, and then move on to playing something fun.

They have lost a good portion of their players to other games recently, that's pretty clear when you play the game for a while every day, and HAMSTER like this isn't going to bring them back or motivate new players to even give the game a try...
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    regenerde said:

Well, neither the rewards nor the way to unlock them is something easy to do for new players... i mean, did they even have a look at the random dungeon/skirmish queue list and considered for a moment that some of those dungeons/skirmishes shouldn't even be in there?

A new or returning players isn't going to spend half an hour on a really frustrating random dungeon/skirmish run every single day for nearly two weeks to unlock some junk he can get from other events or just buy from the AH... those players might try it once or twice, and then move on to playing something fun.

They have lost a good portion of their players to other games recently, that's pretty clear when you play the game for a while every day, and HAMSTER like this isn't going to bring them back or motivate new players to even give the game a try...

Instead of being vague and gesturing wildly at these dungeons and skirmishes that are soooo difficult for new players, could you please name them? To me, these are all cakewalks or require just a little bit of communication (like break ice), even all of RTQ is a cakewalk for newer players imo.
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    arazith07 said:

regenerde said:

Instead of being vague and gesturing wildly at these dungeons and skirmishes that are soooo difficult for new players, could you please name them? To me, these are all cakewalks or require just a little bit of communication (like break ice), even all of RTQ is a cakewalk for newer players imo.
    Yeah RTQ is relatively easy/successful to PUG these days unless you get a troll in CoDG...

Skirmish is relatively easy unless you get Illusion Gambit with the fire floor.

RADQ? Not sure as I refuse to run long boring content when actually the final boss fight is all that matters, my guess is pugging that is quite hard?

RDQ... I made a thread about this. Pugged Epic LOL and one toon was 20k and a higher level toon was new to the dungeon. Anyhow, the twin scorpions fight took maybe 5 minutes? And the final boss dragon fight was EPIC fun myself [tank] and one DPS had to fight like crazy to finish the Dragon off on our own as the other 3 went down.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    Are the rewards actually disappointing, or is player-base jaded and just wanting more?
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • silente07#2597 silente07 Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    The PAID rewards are disappointing. Compared to the previous battlepass it’s a joke. Free stuff is free stuff, who doesn’t like that.
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,041 Arc User
    arazith07 said:

regenerde said:

Well, how about you list the dungeons that were added to this queue not that too long ago, and then tell us why they were added in here instead? And while you're at it, go ahead and explain why scaling has made those random dungeon/skirmish runs harder for many players, but the rewards remain more or less the same.

Or why the hell do Reroll Tokens not change the rewards from chests sometimes?

Last but not least, 3 months of ViP cost nearly the same as the "premium" rewards row for this Battle Pass, and that's 90 lockbox keys plus some very nice perks for those 3 months... or just compare the Battle Pass rewards with the ones you can get from Day of the Dungeon Master.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    Keys rely on the sucky RNG.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    regenerde said:

arazith07 said:

regenerde said:

Well, how about you list the dungeons that were added to this queue not that too long ago, and then tell us why they were added in here instead? And while you're at it, go ahead and explain why scaling has made those random dungeon/skirmish runs harder for many players, but the rewards remain more or less the same.

Or why the hell do Reroll Tokens not change the rewards from chests sometimes?

Last but not least, 3 months of ViP cost nearly the same as the "premium" rewards row for this Battle Pass, and that's 90 lockbox keys plus some very nice perks for those 3 months... or just compare the Battle Pass rewards with the ones you can get from Day of the Dungeon Master.
    1. Misdirection isn't answering the question. I have no idea which dungeons are skirmishes you are referring to, let's stick on topic.
    2. You can run a dungeon twice and get the same rewards, so it makes sense that rerolls will sometimes bring up the same rewards, especially when there is only a limited pool of rewards and you fail the premium rewards check.
    3. If you actually look at the individual rewards, there are things that are worth well above the cost of the pack as a whole. If you don't need those rewards though...no one is forcing you to buy it, just like no one forces you to buy a mount or companion from the zen store.
  • aurumreclusa#1147 aurumreclusa Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    I have to agree that this was a poorly thought out rewards for all of it the free and the premium stuff, and what was needed was a New companion in both rewards areas of at least legendary account wide status Like say a Mythic Hunting Drake, and a New Dragonborn Bard comp of Legendary account wide status would have fit in with the theme, collars were as noted not worth having, I think they are bound so I would not upgrade them, some tokens you can get the equivalent of from a end chest with a little luck is not something I would pay for either. All and all I would rather buy Mc Donald's I have to reheat than this battlepass.
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    IMO rewards are fine.

Free rewards are better than other battle passes so no complain

Paid rewards are worse, yes if you are an end game player. If you dont have 100% bolster in companions and mounts, is a good deal. Not everything is for all the players. And most of end-game players dont spend money, they just use the zen they got with ZAX so marketing-wise, I think the target is OK.

And please dont compare anything with VIP, ofcourse VIP is the first thing you will get from Zen market.
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • mignon#7663 mignon Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    @nitocris83 This battlepass is not worth it for me as a mid range player. Giving a rare quality collar... really? I would also rather spend 2500 ZEN on something else than this Battle Pass. Reaching 50% mount bolster is really easy and cheap. Once you reach that, what use are those legendary mounts? Clearly someone who normally works on transmutes and fashion was given the job of coming up with these rewards.
  • tyrlaan#5615 tyrlaan Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited May 2022

The PAID rewards are disappointing. Compared to the previous battlepass it’s a joke. Free stuff is free stuff, who doesn’t like that.

Yeah to me the free rewards are just that... a bonus to running random skirmishes for the Dungeoneer shards. I´m quite sure I´ll do 27 random skirmishes within 4 months. Just have to spread them out a little more due to the 3 max at once instead of doing a couple on alts during 2x shards events. That´s a free mount, companion, artifact and a couple keys/tokens.

But I probably won´t spend 2500 zen (even with discount) for the premium pass. The difference is mostly in account-claimable stuff and there´s no lack thereof (usually in Mythic quality) regarding mounts and companions (to help with some bolster so that alts can run stuff) and I usually don´t want a specific artifact (from a very limited choice) on all of my alts.
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,489 Arc User
    Since my characters are fairly developed I accept this event is not particularly aimed at me but at those with less developed characters. That is fine.

I run RTQ and RADQ daily anyways for my AD farming, so the event is just some free bonus stuff. Maybe something I can use on my 5th or 6th alt.