test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Disappointing Rewards from the Dragonic Rage battle pass

Hi all,

With the latest stream covering the battle pass rewards in details, I thought I'd comment and start a discussion/feedback post about the rewards. Below are the rewards for the Draconic Rage Battle Pass.

To preface my criticism of this battle pass, I want to say that I understand that you cant make every reward a 10/10 and that you want to create something similar to the previous battle pass. I would argue that this is really your time to be generous with your player base and show them you care about them. The next mod isn't for 2-3 months, whilst we wait lets give players something to look forward to and to work towards.

Stage 1 (Mounts):

Whilst I think the Legendary Choice Pack is fine, doubling up for it is not. You could have given premium pass buyers a mythic mount especially considering you're giving away a mythic mount in July for just logging in. Also a rare and epic mount collar, surely you could give out a epic and legendary considering you gave ones during the Echoes of Prophecy Battle Pass? Also 25 upgrade tokens for both standard and premium, lets give the premium pass holders 75 tokens instead or something in-line with a mythic mount. Honestly this stage just feels lack lustier and like someone rushed to figure out what to give the players without being generous. This stage more than the others really needs to be changed and reworked.

Stage 2 (Enchants & Artifact):

Whilst enchanted keys are a nice rewards, it honestly feels again like someone rushed thinking about what to give players. The epic artifact choice pack really isn't anything that new players are looking for and isn't something that people want. Changing it to a larger list of artifacts or even artifact sets would make it feel more like something people would want. Instead of a second artifact pack, give them a coal mote or several GoP's. The rank 2 and 3 enchantment packs are a really good rewards, just tidying up what's around them would make this feel like a healthy amount of rewards for both new and older players.

Stage 3 (Companions):

Whilst it's good to see the return of an old companion that hasn't been seen in awhile in the Icosahedron Ioun Stone, I think we can probably do better than putting an abyssal chicken in the pack. Adding something like the augment companions people are using atm would make this pack feel a lot less vanilla. Also please change the companion equipment pack to something else, companion tokens would be way better as a standard reward then adding this pack as a reward. Possibly move the companion tokens to standard and have a nice reward for premium at the end, maybe a dragon related pack/themed item or even a nice 75 companion token pack instead of the 25. That would ensure that you really round out the battle pass with a solid reward. Again, this section is fairly good but just needs a little reworking/polish to really give players a good feeling going into Mod 23.

These are just my personal thoughts/feedback, please share your thoughts and ideas about how we can improve the battle pass experience.
Tagged:

Comments

• problem#6506 problem Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    arazith07 said:

I agree that the artifacts could at least have a larger selection and it would have been nice to have more theming with the mounts and companions, players are getting well more than 2500 ZEN worth of items with the premium track rewards. We are getting something like $60 worth of items for free (and effort), and another $200 worth for the price of $25+effort (or $50 for no effort). Asking for triple the amount of some stuff or asking for items that are another $10 worth is crossing into being too choosy imo.

Sure, players are getting a lot but when comparing it to the EoP battle pass this really is very lacking in any form of theme or unique rewards. I'd argue you got far more value from the EoP battle pass. The difference between an extra $10 worth in items will sway a lot of people into buying it and continuing to play. Considering this is the content we have until new mod, I'd air on giving the players too much vs too little. Maybe I am just being picky/choosy but this battle pass really lacks the wow factor that the EoP did. It is worth the $25, sure for newer players but I can't imagine to many mid/high-end players buying into this. Especially considering you can get the Icosahedron Ioun Stone from the free rewards section and a lot of the rewards dont impact them significantly enough to make purchasing worthwhile. Maybe if they're wanting the account-wide stuff but its not like they cant buy the majority of it with AD (considering the backlog of Zen makes Zen far more valuable then AD atm).
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    Account wide Artifact is interesting except it is in Epic and I already stock up a bunch of them (not account wide).
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • mintmarkmintmark Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 403 Arc User

Also please change the companion equipment pack to something else,

That's funny, because for me that's the best thing in here because it allows me to tick off another collection box 🙂

• gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited April 2022
    I very recently came back only to find out that some items and upgrades (artifacts, pages, blessing upgrades etc) that I really need for BiS comes from events that I cant longer do. And my first battle pass has these mediocre items. I was expecting something really good. I honestly don't think any of these items are "premium". I would call them "Dusty old items".

Because of the zen backlog, I'm holding on to my zen for better and more important things.

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

• problem#6506 problem Member Posts: 3 Arc User

Not a single new item in there. it's all recycled old content. They could at least add some fashion sets to make it more worthwhile for long time players.

This 100%, nothing unique and really lacking in any theme regarding "Draconic Rage". I thought the EoP fashion was really nice and was a cool reward.

For me as an endgame player, the battlepass rewards are pointless and overpriced.

I will only go into detail about the battlepass rewards

Stage 1: Epic Collar: Completely useless. The collars are cheap now and with the previous battlepass there was a legendary collar. Why not now?
    Legendary mount pack: Old mounts that are not very strong. Only if you need the bolster.

Stage 2: With VIP so few keys are worth little, here I would rather have a fixed reward than a gamble.
    Artefacts pack: Old artefacts, except for the charm (debuff) also very weak. Why not a bigger selection?
    Enchantment pack: Useless if you already have higher value enchantments.

Stage 3: Keys again? Why no special rewards?
    Bag: Only for one of the toons
    Companion Pack: Nice that an old companion comes back, but why not mythic?

Summary: Only useful for midgame players and even they can buy a lot of things cheaply from the AH. I find it very disappointing that there are no special premium rewards.

Yea looking at what I've written yesterday, I do now think that the keys are not really worth all that much. Sure the Zen store prices them at a high value but it reality I dont think they're anywhere close to the value (especially with the backlog of Zen atm).

Honestly I think the mount packs are the most disappointing part for me. It really shows that this was slapped together and that they weren't willing to take a risk on this Battle pass.

I very recently came back only to find out that some items and upgrades (artifacts, pages, blessing upgrades etc) that I really need for BiS comes from events that I cant longer do. And my first battle pass has these mediocre items. I was expecting something really good. I honestly don't think any of these items are "premium". I would call them "Dusty old items".

Because of the zen backlog, I'm holding on to my zen for better and more important things.

Yea you've definitely missed the better Battle pass imo. Agreed, they are dusty old items and dont have anything to do with the theme of "Draconic Rage". I dont think this battle pass will sell all that well compared to EoP, though I really have no numbers to back that claim up.

Coal motes should have been in there - something EVERYONE needs. It so expensive to upgrade things - that's a no brainer reward. 2 enchanted keys - just basic HAMSTER given the RNG involved. A coupon for 1 month VIP free would be attractive.

Yea exactly, coal motes are without a doubt fundamental to character progression and it's really a no brainer that this battle pass should have included at least 1 to help all players make progression on their account. I'd take all wards any day over all of these rewards, maybe even the Ioun stone.

As someone with 100% mount and companion bolster there isn't a lot of interesting stuff in the battle pass.

The most interesting thing for me is the icosahedron ioun stone, because it was unavailable for so long. I also wish there were at least more options in the choice packs.

But the worst thing for me is that there isn't anything new at all in the battle pass rewards. In the EOP Pas we had new fashion, companions, artifact sets, the hawk and mounts.

I'm probably not getting the premium rewards. It's just not enough unique stuff for someone who plays one character most of the time.

Talking to guildies, this is what people are saying to a tee. Nothing in the pack really makes it seem unique or worth spending $25 on. Yea we were really spoilt when it came to EoP and this just feels like it was decided the day before it was announced. The Ioun stone will probably be the only reason to buy this as an end game player, and even then its hard to say that it's worth $25.
  • thany#4351 thany Member Posts: 267 Arc User
    Premium rewards should be standard... No point to pay for premium rewards this time.
  • muschellka#7783 muschellka Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    They shot themselves in the knee. I don't have any single reason to spend my money on such worthless "premium" rewards. Congratulations Cryptic.
    You've always had an economist who has no clue about reality, but now he completely lost mind.
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    To be fair the free Enchanted Keys is at least an interesting idea but .... you get more for less with one months VIP dont you?

So yeah wow, whoever worked these rewards out is out of touch with the game I suspect.
    edited May 2022
    I have just found out you have to do RQ to do this campaign. Since I protest against RQ, this campaign is not for me. So, I am not disappointed by the reward as much as its method to earn it. Basically, there is no new content to play with, not even a little twist of old content. People just keep doing what they are doing daily.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • silente07#2597 silente07 Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    If they it’s not going to be at least comparable to the last battlepass, and in no way relates to ANY theme other than we found these in the garage just sitting around, there is no point.

There is no bang for the buck AND after all the fiascos and nerfing and combat changes, this shows how you feel about your player base. Which is not very highly.

For something to be this lackluster, I can only guess you are killing the game on purpose.
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User

I have just found out you have to do RQ to do this campaign. Since I protest against RQ, this campaign is not for me. So, I am not disappointed by the reward as much as its method to earn it. Basically, there is no new content to play with, not even a little twist of old content. People just keep doing what they are doing daily.

Yeah its kind of unbelievable laziness.
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited May 2022

I'm not really following closely on all this stuff, but from what I understood the battlepass is not related to the campaign.
    There will be a mod with its quests and stuff, and as an attempt to increase engagement, especially with the queues, bring back some players, and push forward to starting players into more "veteran" area there will be the battle pass.

Meaning it's more or less how they did the catch up packs at Barovia and Undermountain, to push newer players forward so they can do end-game faster. Just with a premium aspect. But it doesn't replace the campaign.
    edited May 2022
    micky1p00 said:

I'm not really following closely on all this stuff, but from what I understood the battlepass is not related to the campaign.
    There will be a mod with its quests and stuff, and as an attempt to increase engagement, especially with the queues, bring back some players, and push forward to starting players into more "veteran" area there will be the battle pass.

Meaning it's more or less how they did the catch up packs at Barovia and Undermountain, to push newer players forward so they can do end-game faster. Just with a premium aspect. But it doesn't replace the campaign.
    Fair enough but the word "Campaign" is used such as "Draconic Rage Campaign Group", "View Campaign", "Draconic Rage Battle Pass Campaign", etc. It may not be a "traditional" campaign that gives boon point, quests, etc but "campaign" is what Cryptic advertises.
    This doesn't look as a event to me... To us, who're playing rqes on a daily base,well, we will get extra rewards. This should be permanent but with less points per rq. I don't need anything from both path (standard and premium) tho...
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User

micky1p00 said:

Fair enough but the word "Campaign" is used such as "Draconic Rage Campaign Group", "View Campaign", "Draconic Rage Battle Pass Campaign", etc. It may not be a "traditional" campaign that gives boon point, quests, etc but "campaign" is what Cryptic advertises.
    EoP and Redeemed Citadel didn't give boon points either. It's found in the campaign window, and is a campaign in the sense that it is a long term event (3 months). EoP is actually the odd one out that has story components.
  • inugurlinugurl Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    Does anyone know if completing legacy quests will contribute to the battle pass currency?
    inugurl said:

Does anyone know if completing legacy quests will contribute to the battle pass currency?

It shouldn't. This event is all about rq-es (random queues).
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Someone tested and they don't give anything. However they still have the icon for Battlepass quest in your journal.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited May 2022
    Well, it's not just that those "rewards" are so underwhelming for many players, but it's also how much effort you have to put in to get them unlocked - random dungeon/skirmish runs are pure pain to get through with this damn scaling...

Illusionist Gambit last night with my 66k IL Fighter (Tank), and most of the time i was running around picking up my team mates that died instantly to some flickering ground AoE, then actually fighting any enemies.
    Cavern of Karrundax before that, and some random enemy groups were hitting harder then the actual bosses of that dungeon, adding insult to injury was that rerolling rewards wasn't working properly either, it looked like tokens were taken but the rewards stayed the same?!

In short, just another rushed and bugged up event, one that we're expected to spend money on none the less...
    :|
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • admiralwarlord#3792 admiralwarlord Member Posts: 611 Arc User
    According to my calculations, you only need to do RTQ\RADQ every day for 15 days. As I usually just get to do these randoms and RC, these rewards will be pretty ok for me.

I think this event was designed more to keep players active until Jubilee and the summer event (any rework in sight?).

Another point I like to remind everyone, when there was boolster rework of companions and mounts before I came live the numbers would be for 25 mythical mounts and 25 mythical companions to be able to have the maximum boolster, which did not happen thanks to the numerous requests here on the forum, but as when you see the game, you only have to expand by ae, so it's always good to have saved mount tokens and companions that so many deny.
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User

If the object is to help new and middle so gamers, give them stuff they actually need.
    Motes and Glyphs.

The overly cumbersome enchant system is prohibitively expensive for new players and mid level.
    Grinding for them is absurd and the drop rate is poor.

And an Abysmal Chicken? You nerfed it back to KFC, seriously.

I would say that mounts and companions are a bit more important than enchants are. According to Cryptic, most players don't have a full legendary stable.
  • admiralwarlord#3792 admiralwarlord Member Posts: 611 Arc User
    arazith07 said:

If the object is to help new and middle so gamers, give them stuff they actually need.
    Motes and Glyphs.

The overly cumbersome enchant system is prohibitively expensive for new players and mid level.
    Grinding for them is absurd and the drop rate is poor.

And an Abysmal Chicken? You nerfed it back to KFC, seriously.

I would say that mounts and companions are a bit more important than enchants are. According to Cryptic, most players don't have a full legendary stable.
    If that's true, it's scary.

A legendary mount in the last days of the lockbox is worth a maximum of 500k AD (5 days refining RAD). And I would even argue that maybe this data includes the secondary characters, but lockbox mounts are bound account.

Although scary, it's something that doesn't surprise me that much, just click on some characters in PE to see players using random equipment in which they swim match what their role needs, which demonstrates a profound lack of basic knowledge. The funny thing is that you can't even charge these players for not being efficient in their functions, otherwise you'll be considered toxic.
  • lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    Rewards have been terrible for years. Anything that takes effort has been off the table for a long time.
  • sethton#6807 sethton Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    I tend to agree with most people here that the "rewards" for this event are lack luster at best. With as many mounts as there are in the game the choice packs should have much more to choose from. The premium pass "rewards" are the same. If you want people to spend money it needs to be worth it. it needs to be something we want and is hard to get. The artifact pack is ... well just sad. Which ever employee came up with the list of 3 artifacts should be fired. This has got to be as bad as cryptics customer support. The person who came up with the account artifact, give them a pat on the back. If it happens to be the same one who said only 3 still fire them. I have to tell myself this was in the planning before gearbox took over and hope that there are more competent people working for gearbox that know a little bit more about taking care of players.

This event is totally aimed at new players in the hopes they will spend money and stay with the game. It is not for old players. As something cryptic has always done, they want new players with new money, they have never and will never care about players who have been playing for years. To many times they advertise one reward then give something different, Remove content from the game that is still wanted and needed, Show off items on the loading screen (the sword the dragonkind is holding) that you can no longer make in the game, and the last thing on their mind is to keep players happy, coming back, and spending money.