test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tales of Old: The Dread Vault - Extension and upcoming changes

Comments

• reeper#9973 reeper Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    Previous TOO events took me 1 hour to get the artifact on a character. This one took me all of 2 weeks to get it on 1 character. Nice job !
  • tassedethe13tassedethe13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User

Previous TOO events took me 1 hour to get the artifact on a character. This one took me all of 2 weeks to get it on 1 character. Nice job !

And a looooooooooooooooooooooooot of fun
  • hrakhhrakh Member Posts: 152 Arc User
    Even though the persistent silence can be considered an answer in itself, it is still not an acceptable answer. And this is not yet going away...
  • dspeic43#8473 dspeic43 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    I really do hope they do address the event and correct the issues. Its coming to console soon and I know a bunch of people are looking to running it including myself. I have 3 toons to run through and get everything on.
    I sincerely hope the experience on console will be better, like I hope they will yet respond to this ongoing issue

yes, I am THAT naive :)
  • drdark21#0636 drdark21 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    its insane there is no update hahaha, If i grinded 135 coins and didnt get a chapter and nothing was done oh man you have no idea lol - i truly feel for you PC players, this is a travesty, yet the community manager has 5+ other posts about patch updates etc and she's been tagged in this thread at least 5+ times so quit acting like you dont know and give these people an answer already. This is unbelievably bad
  • ccs2009#5244 ccs2009 Member Posts: 30 Arc User

the devs have been quiet towards EVERYTHING for the last couple weeks and there are a lot of outstanding issues. hopefully that means they have their noses to the grind stone. it would still be nice if the community manager would interface with us on what is going on behind the scenes. (on this and all the other things)

Together with the fact their Exceutive Director quit/got fired last month one has to wonder just who is running the asylum now. Jared Sears is now listed as Lead Designer instead of Foss who seems to have been given a new title. Guess I take their silence a bit more as a bad sign.
    With being a business come certain realities, so I understand a lack of transparency and not volunteering any accountability. The utter lack of communication however, cannot gain any forbearance from me. Its not as if I am owed anything in the way of communication, but even some sort of carefully worded, responsibility denying minor acknowledgement mired in vagueries (i.e. a marketing statement) would be better than this deafening silence and ostrich behavior..
  • lordtweety#3604 lordtweety Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    @hrakh I have to agree with naive comment. I spent weeks testing the warlock for myself, saw others feedback similar to my own experience with it, people made comments, gave feedback, communication...more comments, more feedback, suggestions, I saw some really good ones too. yet at the end of it all, no communication back from devs, not even an acknowledgement to show that they even gave a fk about any of the feedback in the warlock thread.

I don't expect anything from them on this subject either.

Kudos to you for still trying.

My time in game has dropped back to invoking, do a little crafting... or not. Maybe run a dungeon or randoms one day on the weekend.

Again, kudos for trying to get communication on the subject.
    Main: Angels Scar
    Guild: Ruathym Corsairs
    @lordtweety#3604 What can I say Angels.. just not ready to let this one go.... Sure, the SW stuff smarts, but for me this particular case just lowers the bar on professionalism to an unacceptable sub-gutter level.
  • agilestoagilesto Member Posts: 516 Arc User
    Hello? Dev team? Communication team? Management team? Anyone?

This event was a disaster in every point, the community is very angry about this, yet we have ZERO ANSWER, like not even an acknowledgement of the situation. The communication on this issue is close to nothing but the void.

If ever you think you can let time erase this gigantic fail this won't happen. For the good reason that in the next Tales of Old we normally would have been able to buy the second piece of the artifact set. And for the immense majority of us, we won't thanks to the catastrophic handling of the Dread Vault event.

Absolutely no communication about this is is not only depressing but also insulting, especially when we see other problems/bugs being escalated, yet not a word on this one. And this was not only a bug but a colossal design failure where the entiere community (except few ultra-dedicated ones that were able to run DV 24/7) wasn't able to get the top reward out of it, known as the Fabled Chapter.

We. expect. answers. and. acts.
    Usually when people defy our expectations its a good thing.. not so much in this case
    agilesto said:

Hello? Dev team? Communication team? Management team? Anyone?

This event was a disaster in every point, the community is very angry about this, yet we have ZERO ANSWER, like not even an acknowledgement of the situation. The communication on this issue is close to nothing but the void.

If ever you think you can let time erase this gigantic fail this won't happen. For the good reason that in the next Tales of Old we normally would have been able to buy the second piece of the artifact set. And for the immense majority of us, we won't thanks to the catastrophic handling of the Dread Vault event.

Absolutely no communication about this is is not only depressing but also insulting, especially when we see other problems/bugs being escalated, yet not a word on this one. And this was not only a bug but a colossal design failure where the entiere community (except few ultra-dedicated ones that were able to run DV 24/7) wasn't able to get the top reward out of it, known as the Fabled Chapter.

We. expect. answers. and. acts.

Usually when people defy our expectations it's a good thing.. not so much in this case
    The #1 reality of life is that excrement happens. The #1 reality of programming is that bugs happen. I accept those truths.

Attempts to hide from those realities in silence and/or attempting to ignore the issue as opposed to taking responsibility.. a lot harder to accept.

So, you messed up. Big deal. Definitely not the first time and it will almost certainly not be the last either. Address it.
  • dspeic43#8473 dspeic43 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    May we please get some feedback on this subject. Counting down the days to release here on console and growing more anxious. Really hoping the developers release some kind of statement/patch soon regarding this.
  • mutantgunmutantgun Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    I don't see the Console release notes looking any different than that of the PC one... I really hope it does and that it's fixed by then, but I don't see it happening...
    Just wait for Tales of Bug going live on console.

2 cases:
    - They actually patched it so it works properly => They consider PC players as clown
    - It's same thing than on PC => They consider PC AND console players as clown

So it's a loose-loose situation lol

Just wait for Tales of Bug going live on console.

2 cases:
    - They actually patched it so it works properly => They consider PC players as clown
    - It's same thing than on PC => They consider PC AND console players as clown

So it's a loose-loose situation lol

I honestly do not mind being "clowned" in this case. I hope the console players get a fixed and in all ways enjoyable experience.

One of the main reasons I am holding out (very very naive) hope for a response is the fact that I was actually looking forward to having just such an experience. I remembered the dread vault fondly and was looking forward to going back.
    I got some of that, but the experience was partially ruined, for me and seemingly the majority of the player community, by the bugs and problems.

I just want that acknowledged and some accountability.

• abwabwabaabwabwaba Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    If this "quality communication" keeps continuing I honestly hope in mod 18 they will at Cryptic all sing "Hello darkness my old friend" cuz no players stay here. If I would receive a questionnaire (survey) from Cryptic, how much satisfied I am with things nowadays.. u can be damn sure I wouldnt suggest this game for any of my friends, nor my enemies LOL. For a while now Q&A = trash! And its over the top that u spit in the face of your customers with that level of ignorance and silence!
    Hide The Pain Harold!
  • lordtweety#3604 lordtweety Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    I just discovered that ToO actually stands for Tales of the Ostrich. So it was in fact a truly successful release.
    Main: Angels Scar
    Guild: Ruathym Corsairs
  • stark760stark760 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 654 Arc User
    So around 47 weeks until fix? Oh, maybe it'll be earlier than this year, so 39-40 weeks?
  • lardesonlardeson Member Posts: 374 Arc User
    @nitocris83 can you explain why you guys are deleting comments that having nothing related to flaming, insults nor trolling? like how does 'never forget' oppose ur policy?
    Lardeson CW not Mage. Where's my fireball and my thunderbolt?
  • gonzakotwigonzakotwi Member Posts: 267 Arc User
    Thank you for deleting my comments, that means you at least read them. Would be nice to leave an answer top since your intent to fix the event was useless and we have to wait a full year to get that book again. If you show me you devs did a succesful 5x run i would be kind of convinced it was my fault, but im 110% sure you didnt test this a bit, then you threw it on live and expected us to grind a bugged torture to get that artifact
  • reeper#9973 reeper Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    Not answering is angering us, expect some flaming !
    edited September 2019
    So they are faking not reading it, but still deleting comments ?

Nice ! We went from full ostrich to ninja ostrich

Post edited by tassedethe13 on
    Let us not forget that the devs, community management and forum moderation are all different groups of people.

Just because we are still awaiting acknowledgement from either the devs or community management regarding this issue, and are pretty frustrated with the continuing insult to our collective intelligence that the lasting silence represents, does not mean the moderators are not still bound to follow the rules set for them.. They at least are doing their job...

Now if only those whose job description includes communicating with the community could take their responsibility
  • stark760stark760 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 654 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    hrakh said:

Let us not forget that the devs, community management and forum moderation are all different groups of people.

Just because we are still awaiting acknowledgement from either the devs or community management regarding this issue, and are pretty frustrated with the continuing insult to our collective intelligence that the lasting silence represents, does not mean the moderators are not still bound to follow the rules set for them.. They at least are doing their job...

Now if only those whose job description includes communicating with the community could take their responsibility

I would think the devs know by now that this tales of old was a failure, unless the moderators fail to tell them of anything going on or any problems. No response for a month...
  • mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    It's gonna be fuuuuun when this comes to consoles, I really hope it's not is still broken by then, but I've learnt to keep my expectations low in this game...
This discussion has been closed.