What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tales of Old: The Dread Vault - Extension and upcoming changes

Comments

• Options
    jobu808jobu808 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    I see the event has been pushed back on both consoles which is a good thing. Obviously this event is not working properly on PC. The part I don't understand is the tales of old events prior to mod 16 were pretty good. Were they easy? Maybe for some but reality is that not all groups could finish all 5 rounds. Of course end game groups could without much struggle but isn't that why they are end game?

With the changes that came in mod 16 and now 17 for PC, I don't understand the need to have this event IL scale players. The event itself scales in difficulty as groups chose to continue to further rounds/runs. Without IL scaling not every group will beat all 5 rounds. They didn't in mod 15 and with the changes post mod 15 they still won't. Right now, no one can.

Is the point of the event to be endgame? I would think it is for most to try and enjoy an old dungeon, not just end game players. Right now with IL scaling, it;s not for anyone to enjoy. Think about the IL scaling part of your equation. These old dungeons are cool. They were fun back in the day .They weren't super easy but they were beatable. No one is going to want to put the time into this event knowing they won't make it past the 4th round. Then have to run this long HAMSTER dungeon a million times to get the cookie at the end of the event.
  • Options
    ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    b3llist0r said:

I understand that there are issues but please-please-please ... there is a preview server, there are players willing to test! You could use it. It would have shown: The event is broken. Even (real) endgame groups can barely finish stage 3 and stage 4 is impossible. So most players gain 3 coins in an 1h run. That makes players frustrated and angry. They played event pt.1 and pt.2, collected the stuff... are looking forward to the final set and then they fail. Everybody fails, some people with no life start grinding even with 1 or 3 coins per run. Our guild is full of raging players. I told them: Dont worry party people! They will fix it and extend the event again. ... ... ...

?

It was on preview. There was a thread. No one used it. Can't blame them for not putting this one on preview when it was up there.

Don't get me wrong, it's still unacceptable to release content this buggy. But it was there to be tested if people wanted to.
    jobu808 said:

I don't understand the need to have this event IL scale players. The event itself scales in difficulty as groups chose to continue to further rounds/runs. Without IL scaling not every group will beat all 5 rounds. They didn't in mod 15 and with the changes post mod 15 they still won't. Right now, no one can.

Total agreement with this. No reason for TOO to be scaled ever. The difficulty is supposed increase through the use of the "debuffs" on each consecutive run. This event takes enough time without artificial difficulty being added to delay further. No one wants to spend hours trying to run this.
  • Options
    kord#1713 kord Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    As before, there are no corrections, compensations and comments from the developers - will they be?
  • Options
    c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    Hello,

We really need updates on this as time is running out in approx 8h, and many people were running this tirelessly without possibility to even see or beat x4 or x5 run at all due to how difficult it was. Even tanks with 800k HP were dying out in teams, not to mention lag spikes.

Tracker gave x2 coins, but inventory gave x1 coins, locking the amount of coins per day to 22 instead of intended 45. Many couldn't finish runs because it takes a lot of time and grind even by regular standards to what we've been used to in MMO grind.

Many people adjusted their runs to x2 meaning that you get only 3 coins. For many people this means 6 hours of daily grind to only get HALF as much coins than intended by original tracker.

@terramak @nitocris83

Please tell us some good news on this...

Thank you.
    True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language
  • Options
    tassedethe13tassedethe13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    Seems like that the last word of this thread is "Working As Intended"
  • Options
    devilxjkdevilxjk Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    I think we should appreciate more the fun that the "cryptic" offers us with these always new and fresh "bugs" XD
  • Options
    reeper#9973 reeper Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    When I make the choice to leave the game, I won't come back. Stuff like this makes it an easy choice. I'm sure there are more people who thinks the same.
  • Options
    devilxjk said:

I think we should appreciate more the fun that the "cryptic" offers us with these always new and fresh "bugs" XD

Can' wait for mod 18 !
  • Options
    lardesonlardeson Member Posts: 374 Arc User
    Working As Intended
    Lardeson CW not Mage. Where's my fireball and my thunderbolt?
  • Options
    groo111groo111 Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    This is one of the most loathsome grind to do all these t1 t2 t3runs but I finished it and got artie . With no Flipping possibility to get chapters now. When I farmed on multi toons. So no sash no chapters and alotta angst. Good event yall. Top notch. Plz fix this
  • Options
    rudygandalf#8774 rudygandalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 6 Arc User
    Hi, I have over 140 coins and I did't get chapter, I have been doing this every day before and after work hitting limit everyday. Same as last events. I feel like I have wasted my time, right? Guess all players like me will get this for free now because it's ridiculus. Especially since it was bugged at the start! Thank you and i'm waitng for an answer from Cryptic.
  • Options
    jessieflorajessieflora Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 21 Arc User
    I also did not receive a Fabled Chapter. I turned in quests to Nipsy twice after having fulfilled the requirement of 135 coins earned but she did not give me a Fabled Chapter. I was trying for a third time but maintenance got me.

To be clear with 136 coins already earned, I turned in and received one coin but no Fabled Chapter; and with 137 coins already earned, I turned in and received 3 coins but no Fabled Chapter.

I already have the neck and wanted the waist so that was 140 coins and week of solid grind for sweet f.a.

But ... at least I won’t need to run the next Tales Season Event.

• Options
    dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    skatedw said:

Hi, I have over 140 coins and I did't get chapter, I have been doing this every day before and after work hitting limit everyday. Same as last events. I feel like I have wasted my time, right? Guess all players like me will get this for free now because it's ridiculus. Especially since it was bugged at the start! Thank you and i'm waitng for an answer from Cryptic.

This event smelled rotten from the start. Posted tactful feedback like a good sheep, but after that first failed patch...
    Glad I gave up on it early and didn't waste any (more) of my life on this.

JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
  • Options
    So this is how it ends? working as intended ?
  • Options
    autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,136 Arc User
    You guys just admitted that...

"EDIT 2019-09-05: We're still hard at work adjusting and testing the balance changes. Our current target is for an internal team to be able to complete Difficulty x3 with a reasonable amount of coordination, and make decent progress through Difficulty x4."

So basically, you released something that you know no one (including your own internal team) couldn't complete? Really? Really?

And you expected what? People to react how?

You set us all up to fail on purpose? *SMH*

Wow, thank you for admitting you are purposely wasting our time and effort. I'll keep that in mind.
    Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts
  • Options
    c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    :RANT ON:

This was not working as intended. Nobody can persuade me and say that this was some intended way. If THAT mess was intended, then thank you for ruining something I've been looking up to finish for a long time. However, I really do not want to believe that.

I do not mind an extensive grind, as I've done just that for many hours. But I did not get everything because resetting the event took away what I've been gathering up to that moment. You took away my already obtained coins and I do not know why was that necessary or needed.

Although I didn't manage to get 140 coins, because the CAP WAS 22 COINS PER DAY AND RESETTING THE EVENT TOOK AWAY MY COINS, I know people who were religiously grinding this since day 1 after the reset nobody even knew happened. We don't even have the tracker for how many coins we've already obtained, which is fabulous!

Again, I CAN'T commit myself to run 7 days for 6 hours a day!

Yes, I know people who did complete getting over 140 Coins and did not get a fabled chapter! This is not a small issue, the event was a total and utter disaster if we look objectively.
    The only way to fix this right now is to give people who spend a lot of time in the event a piece of a fabled chapter at the "Claims agent".
    OR to make it so that 4th event will allow a purchase of the 2nd piece with 1 fabled chapter instead.
    Big disappointment for this because you actually HURT people who were collecting gear/stuff for more than SIX MONTHS!
    This event shouldn't be something you overlook like that, it should be a commitment if you are going to make it last for an entire year. And the items it offers should be vastly superior or at least equally good to any other gear that drops throughout the year in top tier runs.
    Right now Orcus set is still BiS and there is little to no incentive to change that set for a bunch of people.
    We do not run this to get the items, we run this to show we like the game and D&D.
    I will await round four of this event now and I hope it won't be such a mess. If you think I'm angry, yes I am. But not nearly enough as others I've met.

:RANT OFF:
    True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language
  • Options
    This has been unacceptable from the start. What is being done about it? I expect "flowers and chocolates" to as part of your apology... But now it looks like you are making us forget about it. One sided relationship here... @nitocris83 @terramak
  • Options
    NW devs: If we ignore them, they will eventually get over it, cause no one's getting any flowers and chocolates till san valentin
  • Options
    gonzakotwigonzakotwi Member Posts: 267 Arc User
    Event not fixed, no more words from the devs, no interest in re-doing the event or any kind of compensation for not getting an ítem we will have to wait 1 year to get again… great job guys keep up the good work
  • Options
    creeperlp681creeperlp681 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    Its bad that the event is now over and also that some players did not got their chapter. well... in thats the first time that I say or ask me: It should be better that an Event get under tests to find issues before release that in the game. Many people like me dont run these kind of events when its broken or impossible to complete. i did the last 2 other tales well but now in M17 with scaling and "reduced" Stats its a difficult way to do it. I wish, you rework the Time-System from 5min to 10min per extra timer and give us more extra lifes in there. maybe reducing the health on enemies can help as well. anyway hope we hear something from the devs/Mods here and not to the next tales...

Best regards
    creeper
  • Options
    mutantgunmutantgun Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    Time for my daily post:
    jobu808 said:

I see the event has been pushed back on both consoles...

Does this mean that you are actively looking into the issue still and planning on fixing it, so when the event is released on XBox and PS4 it will be "fixed" or more do-able in comparison to the PC version? If so well done, but can we then get a redo of the new "fixed" event on PC? Or at least get some compensation for it?

I understand that the work is getting difficult, having to push out new content, make changes to old content, fix the code base, attend to all the bug reports and Q&A, but can we perhaps get some indication as to a plan for this issue. Even if it's just a "No, we won't be doing anymore work to this event".
  • Options
    ccs2009#5244 ccs2009 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    mutantgun said:

Time for my daily post:

jobu808 said:

I see the event has been pushed back on both consoles...

Does this mean that you are actively looking into the issue still and planning on fixing it, so when the event is released on XBox and PS4 it will be "fixed" or more do-able in comparison to the PC version? If so well done, but can we then get a redo of the new "fixed" event on PC? Or at least get some compensation for it?

I understand that the work is getting difficult, having to push out new content, make changes to old content, fix the code base, attend to all the bug reports and Q&A, but can we perhaps get some indication as to a plan for this issue. Even if it's just a "No, we won't be doing anymore work to this event".
    Basically, same as above....

Can we get areply about this event please @nitocris83 @asterdahl @mimicking#6533

• Options
    @nitocris83 Nope, we aint letting it die just that easily, we'll keep commenting till we get a response and if you decide to close the thread, we'll open a new one. Just so you know that ignoring us wont solve anything but increase the flame
  • Options
    ccs2009#5244 ccs2009 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    lardeson said:

@nitocris83 Nope, we aint letting it die just that easily, we'll keep commenting till we get a response and if you decide to close the thread, we'll open a new one. Just so you know that ignoring us wont solve anything but increase the flame

Sadly, this seems to be what they are trying to do...to just ignore the issue and hope the players will let it rest. How many times do we need to keep asking for some type of reply about the issue? The excuse that they are too busy, sorry that's not gonna fly....it takes all of 5 min to ask the developers what is going on and even less time to post a reply about it to the players.
  • Options
    darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    Calm down guys they are preparing the gifts for players, just wait.
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • Options
    The wife never settles for anything less than flowers and chocolates, we shouldn't either...
This discussion has been closed.