test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official M16: Difficulty Issues and Unexpected Deaths

12346»

Comments

• rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    edited April 2019

Ras Nsi fight seems to be using the Mod 15 and prior base damage values...

Edit: Seems to be using Mod 15 values on everything but HP. Before my team got rekt by the damage, I managed to hit a Soul and had 33% effectiveness... with 62k ArmorPen and no Deflect proc.

Post edited by rjc9000 on

• ramesh84ramesh84 Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    rjc9000 said:

Ras Nsi fight seems to be using the Mod 15 and prior base damage values...

Edit: Seems to be using Mod 15 values on everything but HP. Before my team got rekt by the damage, I managed to hit a Soul and had 33% effectiveness... with 62k ArmorPen and no Deflect proc.

Experienced same issue: boss hits for 500k+ with AoE and 1mil+ with single shots and souls looks invincible: had no combatlog on, but tried a daily vs it and health bar barely moved lol.
    Withers hits hard too.
  • ramesh84ramesh84 Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    CN during the sphere phase before second boss:
    [Combat (Self)] Rotting Undead Adventurer deals 182250 Necrotic Damage to you with Necrotic Claw.
    WAI?
  • obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    Castle Ravenloft, first undead mob:

[Combat (Self)] Archer deals 5139 (15139) Physical Damage to you with Quick Shot.
    [Combat (Self)] Soldier deals 68938 (117018) Physical Damage to you with Melee.
    [Combat (Self)] Soldier deals 76379 (114802) Physical Damage to you with Melee.

The Archer looks right, the Soldiers seem to still be playing Mod15...
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    @dread4moor I know it's a bit late for feedback and whatnot, considering the mod launches tomorrow, but Withers is winnable, if very very difficult.

I tried with a Manguard/Boat/Wizard/Assassin Rogue/Cleric Healer team and we cleared Withers after 3 tries. Average team ilvl was 20k and with the lowest being my 19k Boat spec Fighter (my build uses much of the classic hunt gear/classic items).

I was able to survive the hand smash with my mere 44k Defense and 150k HP (provided no revive sickness). However, the moment the team got hit by gas+fire stage hazard (which inflicts a debuff that increases the damage you take), you pretty much lose if you make a mistake. I recall 1 hand smash would one hit me behind full shield and no revive sickness.

To a lesser degree, the Lightning+water hazard is super annoying due to placing PP on everyone (but is workable if you move the red lightning AoE circles on the stairs and have healer babysit the person hit by lightning)

The key is to shut off all the stage hazards as soon as possible, going in a pair/being on voice comms if you don't want to get handed while shutting down the hazards. Considering how fast the hazards spawn, I pretty much had 0 time to hit the boss due to constant running.

• cherryman1cherryman1 Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    Has anyone looked at the dungeons in random intermediate and random advanced are just over the top hard. In terms of what I have tried the following dungeons aren't possible to be finished or are like running kteam challenge dungeons with minimum item level. Randoms I found to be hard but complete-able.

Dungeons/skirmishes/trials that need some looking at again ASAP:
    • Normal Demogorgon - Mobs swarm the start and tanks die fast even with healers. Everyone is 2-3 shot in the game while each portal has 3 mobs which means that unless the tank takes the first hit while blocking the first person there instantly dies. If everyone wipes the mobs huddle at the start and one shot players as they enter.
    • Castle Never - Haven't tested this personally but from talking with some 18k mod 15 tanks they were dying fast to the mobs.
    • Many Coin Bank Heist - can complete, but to do so will require scrolls/health stone use and 20+ deaths per player to get bronze with a team of 18k to 20k level 70/71 players with no tank/healer.
    • Temple of Tiamat - The mobs wipe the party at the healers as you can't kill fast enough to not have the waves stack up. They just knock the healers divinity to 0 then from their until the event ends.
    • Malabogs Castle - Getting 2-3 shot in here and the two attempts to do it the tank was 1 shot when they walked up and the party wiped shortly afterwards.
    I am sure there are more but this was what I found last night.
    Guild Leader: Under the Influence
    Yule (Barb): 72k : Siren (TR): 78k : Torun (DC): 73k : Siren OP (OP): 76k : Siren SW (SW): 78k : Modern (F): 80k : Cherry1 (CW) : 68k Siren HR (HR): 78k
  • obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    I’ve had people tell me you cannot tank KR, but have done it twice now.

“Cannot be tanked” is usually the same as “the tank neglected their defence for scaled content”.

That said N-Demo mobs are hitting for 500k, so they are bugged and reports from Tia match this.

You also cannot aggro Demo.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • mythdemeanourmythdemeanour Member Posts: 87 Arc User

They still need to tone Karzov way down. Still getting killed by him with 1 hit. New players will not be getting by him in mod 16.

Yep. I just got into the game with mod 16 as a new wizard. Up to this point I never died and used maybe one heal potion. I tried this fight many times now, used all my 15 or so healing potions, and still can't do it. I have no other characters to give me a leg up with equipment so I am going in with just my starter stuff at level 9. If he didn't summon adds or if he was a bit less tanky I would be fine, but even though I have gotten close (1/4 health) I still eat dirt. If there were a few other quests that I could do instead of being forced to do this one I would be fine and not mind. It is common practice in most other MMOS to do a few other quests until stronger, but alas this game is EXTREMELY linear so I will wait till a fix or just play something else.
  • kors#9447 kors Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    Tomb of Nine Gods: HP buff against Orcus doesn't work.
    Castle Never: Undeads before the MindFlayer boss shot with one hit all players, also the tank.
    Castle Never: Undeads in the portals during Orcus have too many HPs.
    Castle Never: Poison Balls have too high damage.
    Castle Ravenloft: HP of enemies too high, decrease it (to kill one sister 1 hour. Shotted by phylactery).

In general: The scaling is not working well. I have capped DPS statistics at level 80 but, when scaled, they don't have the level 70 cap. This happens in the majority of the dungeons.

These are my stats:

@asterdahl

I am a Rogue. My game is in italian, so, I'll explain what stats mean:
    Potere = Power,
    Colpo Critico = Crit,
    Penetrazione Armatura = Armor Penetration,
    Precisione = Accuracy,
    Vantaggio in combattimento = Combat Advantage
    Post edited by kors#9447 on
    Tiamat: I played it yesterday, after new patch. The issue with Devils and Erynes' damage is still present. They can one-shot the players, indeed most of us left the queue.
    Lostmauth: The last boss, Lostmauth, need a significantly reduction of its damage, as for the AoE there.
    Kessel: Same here. All the dungeon is quite good with scaling, exception for the boss and its purple balls that one-shot also the tank.

These are the dungeons I saw. I'll keep you updated.

@asterdahl
    Castle Ravenloft: During the fight against Strahd all the players have Cryptic error few times, it makes uncompletable the dungeon.
    Tomb of Nine Gods: As you know, souls need a huge HP decrease. A little HP (health points) decrease is needed also by the second boss in the Tower.
    Lair of Mad Mage: I don't know if it is a desired mechanic, but during the fight against Arctruria the cocoon shot the player affected without any possibility to stay alive in some way.
    Lair of Mad Mage: Again, during the fight against Arctruria, when the fight start, there is a bug that don't allows to the players to get the stats from pets (augment and/or bonding runestones).

@asterdahl
    Castle Ravenloft: AoE during Strahd fight need a huge decreasing in damage.
    Castle Ravenloft: The Arcolith need to be fixed, it doesn't do any action against players.

Scroll of mass life: The use of the scroll doesn't reset the number of resurrection. I think it's not a wanted think that need to be fixed.

General: Tank aggro mechanic need an improvement of efficiency. It happens really often that DPSs have the aggro instead of the tank. This makes DPSs (and Healers as well) easily prey (of the death) expecially during boss fights.

@asterdahl thank you in advance!