test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Comments

• tgwolftgwolf Member Posts: 501 Arc User
    romromero said:

Can we please get a summary of the changes to the companion system for mod 16. I saw the thread on enchantments and it mentions something about bonding runestones being able to work with augment companions. what other changes are there?

While there are a lot, specifically to this one in particular, yes Bondings will now work on Augments and are now the only Runestones you can place in those slots while all other Runestones are now exclusively for Companion equipment in the same way Enchantments used to be.

But more importantly, Bondings will now work like Eldritch runestones currently do, instead of adding a certain % when your companion attacks, it will simply grant a constant % of the companion's stats.

• hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    You removed Defense from Loyal Defender??? WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU??? Why the hell would we use them if not for DEFENSE???

Okay. Now I'm officially infuriated. This change was UNCALLED-FOR.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • sgrantdevsgrantdev Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 81 Cryptic Developer

Is the bolstered stat only for the companion you have equipped or do we need 25 legendary companions?
    Also, does that mean that companion stats no longer increase with rarity? Or does that mean we need to rank up even more companions?

Total bolster bonus comes from the 5 highest quality companions of that type. Companions stats increase with rarity and level like normal, bolster enhances that.
  • sgrantdevsgrantdev Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 81 Cryptic Developer
    For those of you who have crashed when equipping an item. We have found the problem and will get it out hopefully with the next update. For now avoid equipping stuff with armor kits on it. If you do want to use somethign with an armor kit pleas emake sur eyou ahve already filled all of the slots with runestones
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,489 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    When I moved over from Live, only 1 of my 3 R14 bondings were visible and slotted. I transferred two bondings from another char copy, and when I collected those from the mail they disappeared too. It seemed they were in a 'hidden' spot in the inventory, I could not see them nor could I equip them to the pet from the bonding slot menu. I removed the one the one r14 bonding I had from the pet, it popped into a visible inventory slot and then suddenly all 5 bondings were there.

For pets in your companion inventory, there needs to be a way to see what player bonuses and pet enhancements each contribute. You need to find these so you can upgrade the right pet to upgrade the bonus.

The split into defense/offense/utility is inconsistent, with some defense bonuses providing offensive stats, and in particular utility bonuses providing a lot of not-utility stats. You should do a quality pass on this.
  • wisper2048wisper2048 Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    Equipment slots are now universal meaning any piece of gear can go into any slot
    I cannot equip the loyal avenger icon to the top equipment slot. I can equip it to middle and low slot.
  • gildriadorgildriador Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    sgrantdev said:

For those of you who have crashed when equipping an item. We have found the problem and will get it out hopefully with the next update. For now avoid equipping stuff with armor kits on it. If you do want to use somethign with an armor kit pleas emake sur eyou ahve already filled all of the slots with runestones

Thank you, I will copy an other version of my character without companion gear equipped until it be fixed.
    “He raised his staff. There was a roll of thunder. The sunlight was blotted out from the eastern windows; the whole hall became suddenly dark as night. The fire faded to sullen embers. Only Gandalf could be seen, standing white and tall before the blackened hearth.”
    ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Two Towers
  • baeyornbaeyorn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    First,

Compliments on the the companion rework, to make it so any companion or augment can be viable. Also providing a place for rune stones other than bonding to finally have a use.

Now,

The complaint/wailing about legendary companions is real. I saved up lotsa companion tokens and burned through 4 or 5 million AD to get the companions I wanted to legendary. It looks like doing so was for naught, unless...

Unless the bolstered mechanic takes into account that I've got 2 archons, groot from Ravenloft, chultan tiger, and siege master at legendary.

Please advise further on how the bolster mechanic works? -- a bit confuzilled and adrift on that aspect --

B)
  • wisper2048wisper2048 Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    Considering that a lot companion equipment is invalidated because crafted or generic gear was used perviosly, please provide an easy way to acquire basic companion gear with two slots from some shop in PE. It could have slightly lesser stats than +4 or adorable gear, but it should still able to slot two runestones to replace gear that have become useless for companions.

Many people that log on the day 1 will see their companions naked, particularly con artists. And some pieces slotted to them were quite expensive.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    sgrantdev said:

For those of you who have crashed when equipping an item. We have found the problem and will get it out hopefully with the next update. For now avoid equipping stuff with armor kits on it. If you do want to use somethign with an armor kit please make sure you ahve already filled all of the slots with runestones

Ah...so that's it. I had reported this before as affecting only Loyal gear, but of course that's because my Loyal gear is what I was using and it had Regen kits on it. So...yes...ignore my earlier bug report - good this one got tracked down.

Hoping for improvements...
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    Defiant and Obedient gear gives identical bonuses. This looks like an error - one of them really should give something different.

And yes, the "Changes if equipped" is totally wacky.

On a related note, Heroic gear and Fierce gear used to give Power, but it has been replaced with Combat Advantage in both cases. How about replacing it with Accuracy for one of them? There is a shortage of Companion gear that gives Accuracy.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    there is plenty of time to grind out mpf for gear before launch on all platforms.
  • lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User
    sgrantdev said:

Is the bolstered stat only for the companion you have equipped or do we need 25 legendary companions?
    Also, does that mean that companion stats no longer increase with rarity? Or does that mean we need to rank up even more companions?

Total bolster bonus comes from the 5 highest quality companions of that type. Companions stats increase with rarity and level like normal, bolster enhances that.
    But that's not how it works. Right now, it comes from the 5 *FIRST* companions of that type in the list, which is the 5 *LOWEST* quality companions of that type because the list is always sorted by quality, ascending.
  • ladyaradia#2029 ladyaradia Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    The problem I am seeing is that there is no way - before purchasing a companion - to determine whether it is going to give a "defensive power," "utility power," or "offensive power."
  • picar66picar66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 118 Arc User
    my char has a few companions now, but cause of the new class system (offense,defense and utility) i can not set active all i want.

so some of my companions are no further needed (beside bolstering).
    Why do you not make all companions account bound, so that we can switch companion to another char and using there an expensive but now unusable companion.

the mod is missing to give some credits for playing before.
  • mat44444mat44444 Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    Hi all

It seems to me things have been worded very carefully to avoid highlighting that if I understand these changes correctly the five legendary companions I have currently now upon my characters all become useless next mod because they are not grouped in the same category. So I am now expected to spend another 4 million AD plus per character to get back to where I am now. Suggestion; have a companion trade in, so people can at least get their hard earned legendary companions in the right category for decent stats.

Am I correct?

Have fun all
  • zacoria1405zacoria1405 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    Most end game players have 6 rank 14 enchantments on the lower half of their comps, are we now expected to get rid of these when the market is flooded with them and therefore cheap and go through the process of leveling up 6 runestones to replace them on every character? Will there be a facility to trade in enchantments for runestones like for like or are we expected to start from scratch with the runestones again? I'm a leader of an established guildhall 20 and all the members I have spoken to have basically said that this is a major deal breaker and many of them are seriously considering completely quitting the game now. We have all worked hard to get these enchants to 14 and it is not our fault that Cryptic have completely changed what is required to kit out a companion. Will there be a facility to change these enchants for the newly required runestones or have we all been wasting our time for the last year grinding?
  • mushellkamushellka Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 357 Arc User
    Bug:
    Honeybadger's instincts reduces damage taken 0%.

Companion, who was a striker before, now went to a defensive group, which I think is a mistake.
    Better to feed the troll than listen to the idiot .
  • kythelion#3210 kythelion Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    I am finding the new bolstering or whatever to be hamstering confusing. We now have to acquire multiple of the same companions to increase bonuses? And how do I know what bonuses a companion gives before equipping? I can't find this anywhere. My guess is that you're trying to force us to open up the monopoly certain companions had before, but requiring higher quantities of companions is ludicrous. It's going to be the same problem, only certain bonuses are worth using, but now instead of needing to get one companion for that bonus, we have to get a bunch of them? Thats WAY worse than just dropping a mil on an archon. I liked the initial layout of the screen by the way before I started trying to delve into what those slots actually we're. The drop-down menu to select the bonuses is way better than equipping companions to active slots.
  • brewaldbrewald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 212 Arc User
    Currently we are not able to remowe companion from the Companion Roster. It's a problem if you have few copies of the same one
    Brewald - GWF 18.3k
    Eleonore - CW Mof Renegade 17.5k
    Harlgard le Vieux - OP Prot 18.3k
    Valrik - DC AC 18.2k
    Furiela - SW Temp 18.1k
  • polaris1986polaris1986 Member Posts: 320 Arc User

Tomb spider have a chance to DoT with 0% of weapon damage

All my pets in inventary are bounded

"sometimes the world doesn't need another hero, sometimes what it needs is a monster"

• krevgkrevg Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    Since there are radical changes to what gear a companion can use, and some of us bought or crafted very expensive MW rings or other gear for our companions, I would like to suggest with this mod, that all gear that could be used on a companion previously change status from Bound to Character to at least Bound to Account. Returning these items to their unbound stats would be the most fair, but since they have been used, I don't realistically expect that will happen. This way the rings and necklaces could at least be repurposed onto another character. Or as another option, offer a trade in for companion gear with the same or lower IL equivalence. Otherwise, this companion change really penalizes those that spent a lot of resources to outfit their companions.

Thank You
  • kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    adinosii said:

I have one character, which holds spare copies of comanions for me - unbound ones, possibly for resale, but also for using on characters I might be creating in the future.

Now every single one of those companions gets character bound to the character holding them. I am assuming this is a bug....this makes no sense otherwise

Please give an answer to this issue. Is it a bug or an intended feature of M16?
  • minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    you are going to cause a massive and needless panic on implementation day if you implement the companion changes like this. "Where have my bondings gone?" All the runestones are removed from all companions and can't be found in the companions tab. Best, if they're in the summoned companion leave them there, or if you are going to unslot them, make them visible to the companion screen when they're in the overflow bag

The same for unslotted equipment