test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Comments

• jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    For CA then you want a companion which teleports behind the enemy like a shadow demon perhaps.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • eregerogeregerog Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 47 Arc User
    My companion pulls enemies when he tries to catch up with me: When I mount an run past (not aggroing) enemies and then wait some distance away, my companion will often run through the enemies and pull them. This never happened to me on live and is annoying.
  • blanndeblannde Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    My question is why change something that worked, and I think worked quite well... none of the changes are what I would call improvements - except perhaps the one set of gear for all but I personally preferred being able to customise all of mine. Not to mention like many others spent a small fortune on each of mine upgrading them etc. And as I run almost 30 characters (and each have their own personlised groups of companions)and I also have a store of un-allocated companions, the binding to character automatically with the new mod, is as someone else put it A BIG ISSUE. As already mentioned the gear and rune stones etc being dumped in the inventory is also going to be a huge problem.
    Possible solution give a area to store companion gear etc like for the keys and it needs to be big enough to take all of the un-allocated gear. Personally don't mind it being locked into the account but definitely not to the character. Last comment, why make so many big changes in the one mod? Sure fire way for things to start going south. Like any project, the more complicated it is, the more goes wrong. Can we get our lot of zen refunded? :)
  • theothergaliusz#7671 theothergaliusz Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    Item level on companion power which is upgraded together with companion stay at 100 Item level when companion power is upgraded.
    I have upgraded green blind dog to legendary. The companion power have two stats Deflect and Critic resist
    • Green 1000 and 500
    • Blue 2000 and 1000
    • Epic 3000 and 1500
    • Legendary 4000 and 2000
    Enchantment power does not change which is normal i think.
    Note: legendary mount give less stats than companion, but is more rare and more expensive.
  • vendoodvendood Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    I'm not on Preview currently, may have to delete a couple other games to free up space so undecided yet.

Currently my Active companion gear gives me around 1,800 IL. Nothing fancy, just a couple seal rings, some rank 8 enchants, some 9 bondings. My 5 companion slots give me 325 IL, so just over 2,000 total IL from my companions. No legendaries or anything, so I would consider this to be around where a moderately active, hit-level-70 a couple months ago type player would be.

This extra companion IL is what allows me to run RIQ for some daily AD. I'd like to ask how the current Companion system compares to the Mod 16 one for IL levels, given the substantial changes in gearing, enchants and slots for adding up IL points, particularly for people in this not-much-past-70 range who aren't bursting with IL.
  • brewaldbrewald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 212 Arc User

Item level on companion power which is upgraded together with companion stay at 100 Item level when companion power is upgraded.
    I have upgraded green blind dog to legendary. The companion power have two stats Deflect and Critic resist

• Green 1000 and 500
    • Blue 2000 and 1000
    • Epic 3000 and 1500
    • Legendary 4000 and 2000
    Enchantment power does not change which is normal i think.
    Note: legendary mount give less stats than companion, but is more rare and more expensive.
    You can add:
    • White 400 and 200
    Brewald - GWF 18.3k
    Eleonore - CW Mof Renegade 17.5k
    Harlgard le Vieux - OP Prot 18.3k
    Valrik - DC AC 18.2k
    Furiela - SW Temp 18.1k
  • c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    tousseau said:

Perhaps, I'm blind... But is there a benefit to using an Augment?

Augmented pets shouldn't die, which is a major benefit whenever you transport from instance to instance and figure out midfight that your comp is missing. Happened to me a lot of times.

So, augment pets are not marked as targets by any enemy, which means that all powers are constantly applied to you at all times.
    True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language
  • theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User

tousseau said:

Perhaps, I'm blind... But is there a benefit to using an Augment?

Augmented pets shouldn't die, which is a major benefit whenever you transport from instance to instance and figure out midfight that your comp is missing. Happened to me a lot of times.

So, augment pets are not marked as targets by any enemy, which means that all powers are constantly applied to you at all times.
    I'm not sure my augment pet is working is all. I unsummon it and my stats aren't that much lower, making me suspect that augments don't do much of anything. Maybe a couple hundred points of stats at most? Probably a bug.
  • artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User

I'm not sure my augment pet is working is all. I unsummon it and my stats aren't that much lower, making me suspect that augments don't do much of anything. Maybe a couple hundred points of stats at most? Probably a bug.

They give you 100% of their base stats (the stats they have without any equipment) on top of the stats coming from bonding runestones.

That's a rather small amount but what matters is that they can't die and become unsummoned which is awesome.

Debuff companions can give you and your team 10% more damage but I'm not sure it's worth the risk of losing your bonding buff in the middle of a fight.

IMO that's one of the coolest change in mod 16, along with auto-upgrade.
  • fuzzmeisterjfuzzmeisterj Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    The companion changes will hurt the most. I usually run with the Harper Bard (no telling if he will be worthwhile yet) but with the new groups, that's the only one I've got to legendary for the bolster bonus. That change is what makes this feel like a money grab more than other changes. I've got 4 companions legendary under magical, but none that I think I would use normally unless augments become useful.

having bolster by companion type sucks
    I have 5 legendary companions on live but only 2 are from the same type, so that hurts
    why not just have the bolster be your 5 best quality companions?
    (other than for the money grab of course)

I get that established players are hurt by this particular change, but the new model makes more sense; it makes collecting companions a goal onto itself, whereas before it's "well here are my five and that's all she wrote."
  • kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    Siegemaster companion has no defined damage value in his active bonus in the tooltip. It just says %, with no number.
    artifleur said:

They give you 100% of their base stats (the stats they have without any equipment) on top of the stats coming from bonding runestones.

That's a rather small amount but what matters is that they can't die and become unsummoned which is awesome.

Debuff companions can give you and your team 10% more damage but I'm not sure it's worth the risk of losing your bonding buff in the middle of a fight.

Hmm. That's a good point-before, bondings were just flat-out better because even if your companion died, the buff lasted long enough for them to recover. If the bonding stones deactivate when your companion dies, that does shift things back in favor of augments.

I have 5 legendary companions on live but only 2 are from the same type, so that hurts

I get that established players are hurt by this particular change, but the new model makes more sense; it makes collecting companions a goal onto itself, whereas before it's "well here are my five and that's all she wrote."
    I'd be down with that reason if it wasn't so much to get a companion to legendary. I have more than 5 now, but they are all spread out pretty thin.

I'd be down with that reason if it wasn't so much to get a companion to legendary. I have more than 5 now, but they are all spread out pretty thin.
    To be frank, the marginal gain in having a legendary for your 2nd active companion was already super low, so I'm not sure why you bothered.
  • vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    edited March 2019

artifleur said:

Hmm. That's a good point-before, bondings were just flat-out better because even if your companion died, the buff lasted long enough for them to recover. If the bonding stones deactivate when your companion dies, that does shift things back in favor of augments.
    I can't seem to properly test this on Preview because A) my summoned non-augment companion is scaling incorrectly and has ridiculous HP, B ) said companion takes forever to engage a target, and C) companion one-shots things when it does attack due to aforementioned wonky scaling.

If anyone manages to kill their companion so that we can see if bondings persist through death, would be great to confirm.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

To be frank, the marginal gain in having a legendary for your 2nd active companion was already super low, so I'm not sure why you bothered.
    Can you say the same about the new bolstered mechanic?
  • lordseth1985lordseth1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 319 Arc User
    lowjohn said:

sgrantdev said:

Is the bolstered stat only for the companion you have equipped or do we need 25 legendary companions?
    Also, does that mean that companion stats no longer increase with rarity? Or does that mean we need to rank up even more companions?

Total bolster bonus comes from the 5 highest quality companions of that type. Companions stats increase with rarity and level like normal, bolster enhances that.
    But that's not how it works. Right now, it comes from the 5 *FIRST* companions of that type in the list, which is the 5 *LOWEST* quality companions of that type because the list is always sorted by quality, ascending.
    It would be nice if we could "equip" companios just like we "equip" mounts. if we had the option to choose the companions, just like we have with mounts...
    Avestruz.Q.T.Seduz - Rogue, natural born assassin.

Can you say the same about the new bolstered mechanic?
    I'm basically saying that the return is low in both systems.
  • sormovichsormovich Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    I had an epic Laughing skull, but I was able to bind another one of uncommon quality:

Sorry for my English.
  • theothergaliusz#7671 theothergaliusz Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    Huntin drake's presence - upgrade from blue to legendary does not increase any stats. it alwayes 10% damage base on range.
  • divectoredivectore Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    Don't know if this has been posted already, but liliend companion is multiprocing if your daily is persistent, heres a video i took https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lIoRv84NHY
  • artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited March 2019

Siegemaster companion has no defined damage value in his active bonus in the tooltip. It just says %, with no number.

It's easy enough to test. It's 3% for purple quality.
  • krzyzokkrzyzok Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5 Arc User

An interesting option would be to add a collection of items for a companion. It can be useful for players who are starting to play with their companion's clothes.

• checkmatein3checkmatein3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 525 Arc User
    Here are a list of some of the companion's equip tooltip that are messed up:
    Portal Hound's Presence...equip +.
    Greenscale Hunter's Discipline...10% chance to restore % of max stamina
    Cold Iron Warrior's Discipline...+% damage to Fey Creatures
    Fire Eye's Intuition...+% dmg to Kabal's Minions
    Vicious Direwolf's Presence... weapon damage of % added
    Black Ice Stone Insight... -11ItemBattery_Decay_Rate
    War Boar's Insight... cause % physical DOT
    Twighblight's Insight... +3.1 Null
    Tomb Spider's Insight... poison causing 0% weapon DOT
    Xuna's Wisdom...poison for 0% weapon dmg
    Seige Master's Discipline...Increase power (???) of At will by %
    Death Slaad Poisonous Intent... 0% poison damage
    Wererat Discipline... + 0% weapon DOT

Also, it could be possible that the Slyblade Kobold's 100% dmg bonus infact reduces dmg by 100%.
    LEVIATHAN--19.3k Metallic Dragonborn Guardian Fighter Swordmaster Loadouts

Guild--And the Imaginary Friends

• xxmantaraxxxxmantaraxx Member Posts: 362 Arc User

Absolutely! I havent spent alot of time and money to hand pick and bolster my favorite companions and get all of them to top rank just to end up with not one bolstered companion. It means a huge amount of investment to get near where I am now. Should be top 5 companions.

Ara Atheanes GWF
    Traxus Atheanes GF
    Bastiel Atheanes DC
    Ellara Atheanes CW
    Keira Atheanes TR
    Sarasin Atheanes SW
    Jerkface McGee HR
    -MANTARA- OP

Absolutely! I havent spent alot of time and money to hand pick and bolster my favorite companions and get all of them to top rank just to end up with not one bolstered companion. It means a huge amount of investment to get near where I am now. Should be top 5 companions.
    People need to start assuming that with every 5-10 mods, 100% of their investment goes away.

Investing in an MMO isn't a permanent benefit, it's a limited time return. Once people accept that, other game changes become easier to accept.