test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Comments

• sundancewanderingwolfsundancewanderingwolf Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    psiskull said:

Companion rarely follows me after combat.

I've been having the same issue, companions much too slow. Normally they just summon beside you if you get out of range of their movement... now they just.... just.... where is it?... come on tiger... almost there, ok now we can fight (slow to rejoin you).
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User

psiskull said:

Companion rarely follows me after combat.

I've been having the same issue, companions much too slow. Normally they just summon beside you if you get out of range of their movement... now they just.... just.... where is it?... come on tiger... almost there, ok now we can fight (slow to rejoin you).
    yeah the tiger is the worst. I summoned some other pets and they varied. the dread warrior was responsive. I tried the repentant cultist too. he was better but in between the tiger and the DW for actually getting to you and in the fight. the tiger is so slow and reluctant to fight that it almost seems useless.
  • mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 693 Arc User

BAD BUG!!!!! Please fix this before Mod 16 goes live or everyone will rage at this one!
    I have a toon that stores companions, all unbound, some duplicates, some she already has... the ENTIRE bag now in test server ALL companions bound to character! BAD! Again please fix this! These companions should not be bound all of a sudden when they were bind on equip not pick up!
    If this was mentioned previously I apologize for the repeat but this find did not make me happy...

This is a known bug. It's been mentioned before in this thread and addressed by @sgrantdev on this very page.
  • drakkon5drakkon5 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 43 Arc User

https://imgur.com/40ttT9l

^Bolster 20%, so now what? i have to pick a companion from the Mystical "Team" or what? i don't get this Bolster thing at all -_-
  • adders79#8251 adders79 Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    You need to put in companion description what type of bonus they offer: offence, defence or utility. At the moment I have no idea how to tell which companions do what. This is a massive problem for people buying pets as they may waste money on a pet they cannot use
  • cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    There are a number of companions that aren't fitting the general stat pattern of 1500/3000/4500/6000 stat points - the Quasit and Man-at-Arms come to mind. It'd be nice if things could be fully standardized, so it doesn't lead to a certain companions being BiS simply because their stats are higher than others.
  • midental#5256 midental Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    It is no possible to have like mount system? Summoned companion only estetic? And inside we can put on it all powers and bonus? It is impossible?
  • krzyzokkrzyzok Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5 Arc User

If I repeated after someone, forgive me, but if I trade some bondings which are the same rank and can be stacked, all they go to first free slot in companion, and after logoff but it does not confirm.

• mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    cdnbison said:

There are a number of companions that aren't fitting the general stat pattern of 1500/3000/4500/6000 stat points - the Quasit and Man-at-Arms come to mind. It'd be nice if things could be fully standardized, so it doesn't lead to a certain companions being BiS simply because their stats are higher than others.

we had before bis companions and useless companions why not now?

• sanpedrocactussanpedrocactus Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    Scanned this section, but not sure if this has been addressed yet:

1) My pets can no longer be upgraded. Is this a preview issue and something that will be fixed for live or is this how its going to be?

2) I understand both reg and augment pets will use bondings from now on, but will they use the same % or will augments be slightly less since its a constant? (could u please elaborate on this a little?)

Thx.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited March 2019

It says 2000, but actually heals for 133 for 15 ticks....so shouldn't the text be "over 15 seconds" ?

And yes, 15 seconds is really too long/slow for this to be worth using..
    Hoping for improvements...
  • nisckisnisckis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 655 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    tousseau said:

Perhaps, I'm blind... But is there a benefit to using an Augment?

Augment is supposed to give an extra 100% companion stats but it's bugged right now and you only get stats from bondings.

OK, I do correct my statement, augment only give you 100% of their base stats, they do not transfer any stat from equipment and runestones.

I do have no idea if this is intended or a bug, but if augments (their augment skill) do not transfer equipment and runestone stats they will be a quite poor option to be a summoned companion, because they will give you neither protection tanking mobs, nor support, nor damage.

OK, I do need some sleep, augments are working as expected and passing 100% full equipped stats + bondings.
    Post edited by nisckis on
  • ragnarz2ragnarz2 Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    nisckis said:

tousseau said:

Augment is supposed to give an extra 100% companion stats but it's bugged right now and you only get stats from bondings.

OK, I do correct my statement, augment only give you 100% of their base stats, they do not transfer any stat from equipment and runestones.

I do have no idea if this is intended or a bug, but if augments (their augment skill) do not transfer equipment and runestone stats they will be a quite poor option to be a summoned companion, because they will give you neither protection tanking mobs, nor support, nor damage.

OK, I do need some sleep, augments are working as expected and passing 100% full equipped stats + bondings.
    They dont seem to be passing any HP.
  • durugudesudurugudesu Member Posts: 555 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    SLYBLADE KOBOLD murdering everything in sight.

@noworries#8859

https://imgur.com/udwlv4u
  • theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    ragnarz2 said:

nisckis said:

tousseau said:

Have augments EVER passed HP? I feel like they explicitly never had.
  • vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User

ragnarz2 said:

nisckis said:

tousseau said:

Augments used to share their HP through their inherent mechanic, while standard summon companions did not share HP through Bondings.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• nisckisnisckis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 655 Arc User
    ragnarz2 said:

nisckis said:

[...]

Ooops, I forgot testing HP, my bad :s
  • ragnarz2ragnarz2 Member Posts: 208 Arc User

ragnarz2 said:

nisckis said:

tousseau said:

My reason to use an augment : HP on an OP Prot. In live, that is power share. In MOD16 I have no idea what the optimal comp enchants might be but I have a bunch of rank 14 empowered's that do nothing right now.
  • leftbearleftbear Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    Feedback: I don't own many different defensive companion pieces to see what choices are available but the ones I do have don't seem quite right. Obedient belt of the companion +4 is +1704 crit resist and Defiant sword knot +4 is the same stat, im guessing they should have 2 stats and not the same ones?
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    leftbear said:

Feedback: I don't own many different defensive companion pieces to see what choices are available but the ones I do have don't seem quite right. Obedient belt of the companion +4 is +1704 crit resist and Defiant sword knot +4 is the same stat, im guessing they should have 2 stats and not the same ones?

Obedient and Defiant gear gives the same bonuses.... this has been pointed out before (page 2), and also back in the Alpha playtest, so they are aware of the issue, but it is not game-breaking, so I guess it is just a low-priority thing that will get fixed eventually.

Hoping for improvements...
  • ron#1747 ron Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    I'm a healer paladin, and, still, I have 3 defensive slots! Im not a tanker at all. Those no uses doesn't really help my character. So I think you should make the slots depend on a character's paragon path, not a character's class, especially now, while most classes have different roles depending on the path, so no one will have slots that doesn't really help the character a lot
  • geno82geno82 Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    > @ron#1747 said:
    > Feedback:
    > I'm a healer paladin, and, still, I have 3 defensive slots! Im not a tanker at all. Those no uses doesn't really help my character. So I think you should make the slots depend on a character's paragon path, not a character's class, especially now, while most classes have different roles depending on the path, so no one will have slots that doesn't really help the character a lot

I think every class have the same slots

2 offensive

2 defense

And one utility

But I have comps for def slot with off stats or def and off stats
  • kingkevin#3240 kingkevin Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    > @geno82 said:
    > > @ron#1747 said:
    > > Feedback:
    > > I'm a healer paladin, and, still, I have 3 defensive slots! Im not a tanker at all. Those no uses doesn't really help my character. So I think you should make the slots depend on a character's paragon path, not a character's class, especially now, while most classes have different roles depending on the path, so no one will have slots that doesn't really help the character a lot
    >
    > I think every class have the same slots
    >
    > 2 offensive
    >
    > 2 defense
    >
    > And one utility
    >
    > But I have comps for def slot with off stats or def and off stats

They have three categories:dps,tank,healer
    Dps have 3 off 1def 1utility
    Tank have 1off 3 def 1utility
    Healer have I forgot but 2utility
  • mikocolon#1925 mikocolon Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    > @thefiresidecat said:
    > > @adinosii said:
    >
    > > I have one character, which holds spare copies of comanions for me - unbound ones, possibly for resale, but also for using on characters I might be creating in the future.
    >
    > >
    >
    > > Now every single one of those companions gets character bound to the character holding them. I am assuming this is a bug....this makes no sense otherwise
    >
    >
    >
    > ---------------------------------------------------
    >
    >
    >
    > I do the same, as adinosii! I hoard items for personal use, for when I add new characters or change playstyle, which I like to do a lot. Could someone shed some light on the bound state of companions that prior to mod 16 were unbound and in storage? Is it a bug or is it as intended in mod 16?
    >
    >
    >
    > Another suggestion i like and was mentioned by someone else already, to make companions account bound. I second that request as well.
    >
    >
    >
    > For my last suggestion, I like the way the new system is. One thing you could improve further is to allow us to pick any companion skin we want to play with, just like mounts currently are, which allow us to display a mount skin separate from what the powers/stat we actually need and choose. It will bring individuality to the game, so everyone is not using the same pet.
    >
    > actually, I could be wrong but my understanding is this is how it is right now. you can use any skin. and choose the six bonus's from any comp in inventory. you do probably want to have your summoned pet at leg though for stats.

The way I am seeing it in preview is that the summoned companion still has stats attached to it, so it's not just a skin like the mounts are. Can a dev please shed light into this please? Thank you!!!
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User

> @thefiresidecat said:

> > @adinosii said:

>

> > I have one character, which holds spare copies of comanions for me - unbound ones, possibly for resale, but also for using on characters I might be creating in the future.

>

> >

>

> > Now every single one of those companions gets character bound to the character holding them. I am assuming this is a bug....this makes no sense otherwise

>

>

>

> ---------------------------------------------------

>

>

>

> I do the same, as adinosii! I hoard items for personal use, for when I add new characters or change playstyle, which I like to do a lot. Could someone shed some light on the bound state of companions that prior to mod 16 were unbound and in storage? Is it a bug or is it as intended in mod 16?

>

>

>

> Another suggestion i like and was mentioned by someone else already, to make companions account bound. I second that request as well.

>

>

>

> For my last suggestion, I like the way the new system is. One thing you could improve further is to allow us to pick any companion skin we want to play with, just like mounts currently are, which allow us to display a mount skin separate from what the powers/stat we actually need and choose. It will bring individuality to the game, so everyone is not using the same pet.

>

> actually, I could be wrong but my understanding is this is how it is right now. you can use any skin. and choose the six bonus's from any comp in inventory. you do probably want to have your summoned pet at leg though for stats.

The way I am seeing it in preview is that the summoned companion still has stats attached to it, so it's not just a skin like the mounts are. Can a dev please shed light into this please? Thank you!!!

no that's true. they still have stats and they have whatever attack moves they do. as a general rule though it's the active bonus that used to make a pet most important to have summoned. now that's not so much. in that sense it is like the mount. there are more to companions than mounts so it's not apples to apples other than in a general sense which is all I meant. now it's looking like some comps cause more mayhem than others so we might end up with new metrics as to what needs to be summoned.

really all I've ever wanted was an excuse to bring my young yeti along with me. it will be especially wrong wiht my yeti mount carrying me and leaving the baby yeti to run along behind. lol
  • sgrantdevsgrantdev Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 81 Cryptic Developer
    eregerog said:

My companion pulls enemies when he tries to catch up with me: When I mount an run past (not aggroing) enemies and then wait some distance away, my companion will often run through the enemies and pull them. This never happened to me on live and is annoying.

I will have to look into this and see what may have changed.

As soon as you come to Mod 16, you'll find all your companions items (30) in your chars inventory. Please put them in mail and send them to us, dont pollute our inventory. And as you effectively steal us 24 item slots, please give each char 30 items more mailspace.

I 'woke' up with a full inventory and 18 Items in overflow bag. As you cant even refine/sell from overflow, this yielded a complete tetris-session.

1 mail per companion, much better!

I can bring up this feedback and see if there is a way we could massage this process.

Think we got this but narrowing it down
    BUG:
    "TOP" Companion equipment slot is not universal/functioning (allows nothing I have at least.. which isn't much).
    Other two accepted and had choice of equipment

Should be fixed in the next update.

• mushellkamushellka Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 357 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    Since my post has been ignored, allow me to re-query. The answer is important because I do not know if this behavior is intentional by devs or a traditional bug.
    (auto-quote is the highest form quote : D )

mushellka said:

"The specified effect can activate on power use as long as your companion is in range"

I noticed that companions behave like a stupid dogs on a walk. They run randomly around, do not choose a simple path, they stop, look around, sometimes get lost on the way before they join the player. It is frustrating, because most of my fights I am WITHOUT my companion.
    I watched the companions of other players and behaved the same.
    In this way, we are deprived of the companion bonus for most of the time.

Is this behavior intentional and correct? My pet often stops at a distance of 123 '(whatever) from me ... Eg on the other side of the rock.

@sgrantdev

Better to feed the troll than listen to the idiot .
  • geno82geno82 Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    > @kingkevin#3240 said:
    > > @geno82 said:
    > > > @ron#1747 said:
    > > > Feedback:
    > > > I'm a healer paladin, and, still, I have 3 defensive slots! Im not a tanker at all. Those no uses doesn't really help my character. So I think you should make the slots depend on a character's paragon path, not a character's class, especially now, while most classes have different roles depending on the path, so no one will have slots that doesn't really help the character a lot
    > >
    > > I think every class have the same slots
    > >
    > > 2 offensive
    > >
    > > 2 defense
    > >
    > > And one utility
    > >
    > > But I have comps for def slot with off stats or def and off stats
    >
    > They have three categories:dps,tank,healer