test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official M16: Warlock

Comments

• nisckisnisckis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 655 Arc User
    As I don't know if this is a SW problem with the changes pushed this week I'll post this here too.

-------

I do have no idea what has changed inside the level 70 dungeons or with the SW but with this new patch I do have many more stats because companion stats have been corrected, but instead of cleaning dungeons more easily I almost do no damage.

Before this week patch I could do Shores of Tuern with the level 80 Soulweaver SW , now I do almost no damage and I could not even reach the boss.

Stats inside the dungeon.

Weapon inside the dungeon

Output damage

Stats outside the dungeon

Weapon outside the dungeon

the SW weapon nerf inside the dungeon is absolutely extreme.
    Only the weapon damage is a factor of 2,57.
  • arod7932arod7932 Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    Please, just take Killing Flames, remove its increased damage on lower hp mechanic, bump its magnitude up to 700, and revert Fiery Bolt.

Also, there needs to be more ways to summon a Soul Puppet to maintain 5 stacks of Soul Investiture.
    This is the damage inside Lair of the Mad Mage, first pool of two giants, with a Soulweaver.

Previously I could kill them, now it's almost impossible.

Anyway for some reason now neither damage now Hallowstorm seem to heal at all, not sure if due to the heavy damage decrease of because healing has been heavily toned down.
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited March 2019

Dear @schietindebux : I tried the augment only shortly because i was missing a companion for tanking (HB build). My impression was that my personal damage was noticeable bigger than with non-augment. Did not do much testing on this but it felt as if the bondings were on all the time plus that one selectable companion effect where it says "you gain blahblah when your companion is near you". Just wanted to point on this, maybe one or another likes to give it a try.

A thing i like to ask about soulscorch: Is my impression correct that this one shines more as an aoe than a single target up to the last patch? Seemed to me that the DOT from it was applied to near mobs the same way as to the main target.

And can someone confirm that tryrannical curse does not work as intended? Not sure about it because usually the cast on any target just killed it at once or made so much damage that it died short after. Anyway it felt to me that the damage bonding did not work.

And btw i did not use Curse Bite usually. I personally like the movement advantage from Shadow Walk and the defense and crit buff feels nice to me too. NPNM for nearly constant combat advantage for me, the puppet and my companion(?). And for rotation: Killing Flames (LC on target), Fiery Bolt (full damage AoE) and when mobs arrive Hellfire Ring giving all that nice LC again. No curse consum for me and i need no ACC.

I just recognized that Augments and companions also are active 24/7 actually and spend a permabuff , not sure what kind of buff that is.
    Defenese, as an example get´s buffed for about 11k up to 24k in my case from a legend companion at 3k defense with 3xr14, not a 195% but a >300% buff, augments put a HP buff on top.
    Post edited by schietindebux on
    edited March 2019
    Almost forgot, Hallowstorm does NOT crit, which I do suppose is a bug to be fixed.

Lesser curse does NOT crit either.
    Post edited by nisckis on
  • obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    @nisckis you are doing less damage on the heal spec because you lost Dust to Dust and the damage was likely tweaked.

As to Killing Flames vs Fiery Bolt, stop thinking in terms of how the class was, that’s irrelevant. That said, KF should probably be 500-1000 given it’s variable nature.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
    edited March 2019
    @obsidiancran3 yes, we lost Dust to Dust as Soulweaver, but that's not the problem, the problem is that this week, with all the changes summed up, I have been unable to solo Shores of Tuern, which I could solo without dying up to the boss door in preview with previous week patch.

Same way, last week I could go and reach first boss from Lair of the Mad Mage. This week I could not even pass the third pool of enemies.

Anyway, I do have hopes in next week patch because I hope it a dungeon problem/bug.

PS: tomorrow I'll try do to some more testing outside dungeons in the level 80 zone.

PPS: I do hope they solve the runic event bug soon, being downscale to level 73 against enemies of level 79 is an awful nightmare. This bug makes I can't finish the campaign :(
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    I read about dungeons being not correctly adjusted.
    Bugs needed fixes at first on warlock side.
    Anyway switching Fiery Bolt into a 700mag encounter with 8.4 CD looks like a band aid solution to close a gap vs other striker classes.
    Why having a single target encounter with 250-500 with higher CD, dealing half the damage ? But I take what I get.
    Maybe just push our daily on the same level as others, so I can deal >30% of all damage with a daily on a boss...
    Classes balanced and ready to start into mod 16 :)
    About dailies, did anyone also recognize that dailies have an obviuosly pretty high impact on the damageoutput (single) of classes in general (warlock excludet) ?
    I just saw a barbie soloing Shores of Tuern without enchants, boons, companions nor damaging artifacts... Going to bed to cry a river :o
  • hawkeyelhawkeyel Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    @noworries#8859 Topic "Pillar of Power" would it be possible to make this a universal power so that both the Hellbringer and Soulweaver can use it? I like the change you did for Mod. 16 for this encounter to be used for Soulweaver. But very much miss the way it worked in Mod.15 for Hellbringer. So if you could make it possible to allow the Hellbringer to have the Mod.15 Pillar of Power as it was and keep it the way it is for Mod 16 for the Soulweaver, that would be a great improvement from my point of view. Thank you.
    > @nisckis said:
    > I just saw a barbie soloing Shores of Tuern without enchants, boons, companions nor damaging artifacts... Going to bed to cry a river :o

Hmm I can still get to the boss pretty reliably, but the dungeon is harder than it was last week. (I’ll try clearing the boss later.)

It’s worth noting that they are working on increasing the difficulty of the dungeon and so we should see that become harder regardless of the changes to other classes.

Keep in mind that last week we were easily outperforming Barbies and they had their stats bumped to improve their performance, so if they are now too strong expect them to be wound back again.
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    Morning, let see what the day bring to us.

• ramesh84ramesh84 Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    I am surely missing something on the big picture, but just checking skills magnitude makes me feel warlock everything but overpowered in the current state:
    Encounters
    Cleric: FF 800+200x burning stack (divinity based)
    Paladin: smite 1600 (AoE, divinity based)
    Guardian: anvil 1600 (CD is comparable to KF's one)
    Warlock: FB 700
    Barbarian: Frenzy 1300 - Axestorm 1000 - IBS 700 Pun. Charge 700
    Dailies
    Paladin: DJ 3000
    Fighter: Mow Down 3000
    Warlock: Brood 2200
    Barbarian: Crescendo 2500
    I don't have the competencies needed to talk about rogue/hunter/wizard, I know they were hitting pretty strong before patch, but any further info added would be help.
    I am aware too that things will dramatically change week by week and any dev has free method choice if starting low to buff later or visa-versa; but we are talking about 1:2+ differencies on some cases and I strongly believe that giving closer values with each patch could help us giving a better feed-back about overall balancing.

About sparkweaver: I don't know if is part of the plan, but I believe that each of "versatile" classes should have a primary spec, based on its own main role in D&D.
    That said, I am fine warlock providing less heals overall than cleric when both plays on heal spec: that's actually making sparkweaver more interesting to people like me that likes challenges, surely more than (no-skill-needed) temptlock is in mod15, but the 1:2,5 ratio showed on prev pic is surely too much challenging! Fixing no-crit HS could help but not enough to make the gap reasonable. On the other side, primary support one (guardian/cleric) should perform slightly worser on dps spec, as they still have heals/shield.

About Fiery bolt I can confirm what i stated on my previous post: it is a lose-lose change as we have 1 less AoE pick and 1 less single target encounter, as KF is getting useless.
    @espasbadfist the most Soul Investiture I have got is 3, with quite some luck with Killing Flames in the correct moment and using the Daily that spawns a puppet. Hadar's grasp is still not invoking any puppet :(
    edited March 2019
    OK, today I have changed the way I'm testing, instead of testing SW inside a dungeon (which we should not have been doing, because dungeons were not supposed to be solo because the level down scaling, but we were doing :lol: )

This is the first test, Soulweaver SW level 80 doing all Acquisitions Incorporated missions, which took an unknown amount of time because the timer went wonka.

- No damage artifact was used because they do too much damage.
    - Augment companion was used because normal ones do too much damage.
    Note: I don't know if they are officially WAI or bugged so I'll suppose they are bugged.
    - I didn't use too many dailies except for "bosses" and some enemies that didn't want to die.

Whole character run statistics.

Whole outgoing damage statistics.

Whole incoming healing statistics.

Personal feeling about the run, it took quite some more time that currently in live, which was logical as Soulweaver is a Healer path, mostly because:
    - There are a few enemies (not bosses) that don't want to die, maybe just because they have "too much" HP. It was easier to kill both bosses from "rescue the nobleman" that some of the soldiers.

- Harrowstorm does not crit at all.
    - Harrowstorm only applies curses on first tick so curses are not reapplied with every tick. I would expect curses to be reapplied with every tick.
    - Not really sure if something was changed but now it seems like Hallowstorm don't stack so casting many of them over the same enemies feels like they do nothing.
    - Pillar of power doesn't apply curses. I would expect it to apply curses with every tick.

So in conclusion, Soulweaver was fine for doing Acquisitions Incorporated missions, I'll do more testing with other campaigns too.
    edited March 2019
    I have finished doing SW Hellbringer Acquisitions Incorporated missions.

With Hellbringer it took 47 minutes to complete, way way longer than live server and sadly longer that Soulweaver.

- No damage artifact was used because they do too much damage.
    - Augment companion was used because normal ones do too much damage.
    - With Hellbringer I have had to use many more dailies that with Soulweaver because many times Arms of Hadar simply fails to hit any enemies in front of you.

Whole character run statistics.

Whole outgoing damage statistics.

Whole incoming healing statistics, just for completeness as this is a DPS path, not a Healer one.

Personal feeling about the run, it took much more time that currently in live, and even more time that playing Soulweaver, mostly because:
    - There are a few enemies (not bosses) that don't want to die, maybe just because they have "too much" HP. It was easier to kill both bosses from "rescue the nobleman" that some of the soldiers.

- Arms of Hadar fails to hit even enemies that are in front of you, so you have to reposition, wait 2 seconds and then use it again so it hits the enemies and it applies the curses.
    - Arms of Hadar has a cumulative cooldown of 2.1 seconds, so its cooldown goes 2.1, 4.2, 6.3 and so on
    - Hellfire Ring only applies curses on first tick so curses are not reapplied with every tick. I would expect curses to be reapplied with every tick.
    - Hellfire Ring has a massive cooldown of 21.2 seconds
    - Creeping Death does a negligible amount of damage and as it is spread across 5 seconds it is even more negligible. Its damage should be raised and made it instantaneous instead of spread over 5 seconds.
    - Hellish Rebuke does very low damage even with No Pity No Mercy active, and Hellish Rebuke +12% damage active in the weapon.
    - Soul Scorch does very low damage, because this currently its only purpose is using Soul Spark Recovery feat so our cooldowns are lowered with each use of Soul Scorch.

So in conclusion, Hellbringer is not recommended for doing Acquisitions Incorporated missions, I'll do more testing with other campaigns too, although it's not looking any good for daily and campaign missions.
    edited March 2019
    About Prince of Hell, maybe something like "all your damaging powers apply lesser curse" or something like "all enemies within 25 feet are automatically cursed because your hellish presence". Probably this would mean that we would need something else for the current one that makes at-will to apply curses.
    Doing something like this would also mean that it should be in both paths, Hellbringer and Soulweaver.

As for SW shift, I would change it on par with other classes shift so SW vanishes into another plain "dodging" the damage, and changed so you don't need to move for it to work.

• skshadskshad Member Posts: 8 Arc User

I’ve been playing as a SW for more than 4 years on the RU-server and I’m really terrified of what I’ve seen on preview.

Ok, feedback.

I believe it is necessary to alter tab completely. Here are several reasons.

Firstly: Adding the 4th additional "almost" encounter skill will never replace +20% of damage from the removed Warlock’s Curse. While taking the 80th lvl on preview, I didn’t use tab at all. There is no need for it anymore. One can just use basic encounter skills (without any pets and artifacts) and take 80 lvl easily.

Secondly: Adding Soul Scorch into tab will cause a great amount of problems. For example, optimizing and balancing its damage, as well as adding special feats, will be needed. But what for? For Hellbringer to become a full-fledged DD? I don't think so.

Thirdly: Illogical integration. Soul Scorch has always been a part of the Soulbinder’s mechanics. The Soulbinder is a healer, the Hellbringer is a DD. There aren’t any reasons for adding useless and impractical mechanics to the Hellbringer paragon.
    Speaking objectively, Soul Scorch is useless and impractical either in pve or in pvp content at this point.

Warlock’s Curse in tab is one of the most important and essential parts of warlock’s mechanics, that we’ve had for all these years. Ok, I do understand that it is necessary to alter many things in warlock, but the replacement of a Curse in tab is an extremely bad idea.

Several strikes with Soul Scorch will never replace the direct buff to damage from a Curse. Cursing the target was cool, it was dynamic. On the other hand, what we have now isn’t interesting or practical.

Other moments may give concern, still we can understand, accept and survive them, but removing Warlock’s Curse from tab is too much.

If you want to retain Soul Scorch in tab, let players have options. For example - if I take one feat, Warlock’s Curse is added into tab. And if I take another feat, Soul Scorch is added into tab. This can solve many problems and there will be less displeased players who are annoyed with such serious changes.

Ash +23k SW / ru Drider server
    @nisckis you sure the 70 levels are not scaled as well?

All content is scaled now, its arguably one of the main problems with Mod16, even doing the Basement in AI gets you scaled down to match the content.
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
  • samfandango#1314 samfandango Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    Taking time out from trying the leveling process on the Warlock for this week. Reached level 44, can't beat the last boss in Pirate's Skyhold for love nor money.

I have to agree with the other folks in this thread. Fiery Bolt is the power that Killing Flames really should be. Please leave FB as an AoE and remove the curse synergy so that it spreads Lesser Curse. As for KF, I'd settle for 500 - 750 magnitude at the moment. Although having looked at some other class encounters, more doesn't seem too unreasonable.

Once again, I will say that Dust to Dust on Hellbringer paragon is good. Thank you for that. It just makes sense that a damage boost would appear on the damage paragon

Not exactly sure what else I can comment on for this weeks patch as no information was given in terms of what else was changed/fixed.

I can quite happily live without Pillar of Power on HB paragon. I like the added manoeuvrability, rather than just sitting in my green puddle soaking up hits. Although I don't like spending most of my combat time prancing about doing the cooldown dance. Seems it's gone from one extreme to the other.
  • isaacorion#1994 isaacorion Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    ramesh84 said:

Encounters
    Cleric: FF 800+200x burning stack (divinity based)
    Paladin: smite 1600 (AoE, divinity based)
    Guardian: anvil 1600 (CD is comparable to KF's one)
    Warlock: FB 700
    Barbarian: Frenzy 1300 - Axestorm 1000 - IBS 700 Pun. Charge 700
    Dailies
    Paladin: DJ 3000
    Fighter: Mow Down 3000
    Warlock: Brood 2200
    Barbarian: Crescendo 2500

Only note I'd add to this is Brood's initial hit is the 2200, but then we have the broodlings with 200 Magnitude after the initial strike. (though I would definitely not be against increasing Brood or the other dailies' Magnitudes. Right now none of the other dailies seem to hold a candle to Brood)
    The Encounter lineup really begs the question of what in the nine hells did warlocks do to get shafted with a 250-500 max strength Killing Flames as our highest Magnitude Encounter on Preview launch (Hellfire Ring might have had more all combined, I forgot)
    nisckis said:

About Prince of Hell, maybe something like "all your damaging powers apply lesser curse" or something like "all enemies within 25 feet are automatically cursed because your hellish presence". (…)

As bamf as it sounds to walk into a group and my mere presence curses the lot of them, please no. Not with Lesser Curse applying a DoT. It would mean that just riding around areas with this Power slotted you will get put in-combat every time you ride just a bit to close to the mobs. Including lower level areas where you (used to at least) could ride through and the enemies ignore you since you were 30-someodd levels higher than them.
    Warlock: Don't want to let you down but I am hell bound. - Imagine Dragons
    Cleric: You can be an angel of mercy or give in to hate. - Shinedown
    Wizard: The more the dark consumes me, I pretend I'm burning bright. - Shinedown
    Barbarian: Am I beautiful... as I tear you to pieces? - In This Moment
  • samfandango#1314 samfandango Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    > As bamf as it sounds to walk into a group and my mere presence curses the lot of them, please no. Not with Lesser Curse applying a DoT. It would mean that just riding around areas with this Power slotted you will get put in-combat every time you ride just a bit to close to the mobs. Including lower level areas where you (used to at least) could ride through and the enemies ignore you since you were 30-someodd levels higher than them.

Agreed. LC being dropped on all in range could be chaos.

Plus, now that Prince of Hell is on Soulweaver, wouldn't a power boost to nearby allies be better? Or something that improves allies survivability?
  • espasbadfistespasbadfist Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 39 Arc User
    Has anyone already thought about the fact that the class features and i think some mount insignia bonuses will have diminishing impact on a build because they increase ratings by number and not by percent? With the better gear all these will have less and less influence on the absolute outcome. Probably it is a great thing if you level up and you get say 2500 ArPen double it up from 2500 to 5000, but if you have already say 26000 those additional 2500 will play nearly no role anymore. Am i right on this or am i missing some basic understanding of the new mechanics?
  • frogwalloper#6494 frogwalloper Member Posts: 821 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    - crossing all my fingers and toes that fiery bolt doesn't become killing flames 1b.

I have to say, for a console player reading this thread it's a bit like watching that old British show Beat the Crusher: the one where people had to watch their cars head for total destruction in a car crusher - that feeling of total helplessness as you watch something terrible happening that you can't do anything about.

Got my hands over my eyes at this point and peeking through the fingers.
    edited March 2019

@nisckis you sure the 70 levels are not scaled as well?

All content is scaled now, its arguably one of the main problems with Mod16, even doing the Basement in AI gets you scaled down to match the content.

@obsidiancran3 if you mean in the campaign missions I start from the assumption that enemies are of their level an players are the ones up/downscaled to match their level. For example, Basement Investigation enemies (the hourly mission) are level 20 so I assume that they are pure level 20 and we are downscaled to level 20.

The funny thing about the downscaling is the fact the weapon damage is scaled to absolute value so it doesn't matter how amazing is your weapon, all of them will have the same downscaled damage.

Very old level 70 weapon in green quality

Even older level 60 weapon in green quality

Yes, they all have the same damage ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ironically dragon bone and mulhorand are not prepared for level 80, so they can't be used to fully level a character from zero to hero.