test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official M16: Warlock

1141516171820»

Comments

• finalfantasyac7finalfantasyac7 Member Posts: 582 Arc User
    The amount of dps i do at item level 22K feels like the same amount of dps i did before mod 16 which was mod 5 or 6 at level 30. The new neverwinter game is slow, boring and Pay 2 Win. See the 20.000 zen pack in zen market which contains the artifact weapon set you can get from the hardest level80 dungeon that not everyone can do / beat.
    Who in the right mind would pay 200 euros or dollars for a virtual item ? What a joke !!
    Warlock- Lv80. || Rogue - Lv80. || Wizard - Lv80. || Paladin - Lv80. || Cleric - Lv80. || Ranger - Lv70. || Barbarian - Lv70. || Fighter - Lv70.

¨˜ˆ”°¹~•-.„¸ρℓαуιиg иєνєяωιитєя ѕιи¢є 2015¸„.-•~¹°”ˆ˜¨

• angrycat#6319 angrycat Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    Healock was funny to play when he could heal through dealing damage, now with that stupid boring mechanic he can't do neither heal teammates as a cleric do, nor deal decent damage. I think the class needs rework, especially the healer path.
    Post edited by angrycat#6319 on
  • mongol69mongol69 Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    I take it from severe lack of any feedback or actual acknowledging warlock issues from devs since original preview shard for mod 16. They won't be fixing any of the fundamental core issues with mechanics, magnitudes, casttime, shadowslip, broken and counterproductive feats, laughable hots, dots, outright lack of burst dmg, etc.

The only real fix to be addressed since live has been addressing wb full suicide mode and self cleansing. But let's be honest cleanse itself isn't working properly for any healing classes anyways. Well it removes debuff icon while many beduffs still active. So, at least the icon is off the buff bar when were getting mediocre heals and excessive damage.
    edited July 2019
    Hello darkness my old friend...
  • dawndilion#7316 dawndilion Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    I mean, same <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> different mod. At this point, it's pretty much written in stone that glaring issues will be ignored and then they'll throw us a bone maybe for a mod or two.

I just can't fathom why, especially in light of recent mod disasters, they continue to rely on players to test things for free then continue to blatantly ignore those same players who have valid concerns. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.
    I have a 22K item level warlock and noticed some classes like wizard, hunter and rogue perform better in dungeons.
    Most of them had lower item level such as 19K or lower and did the same amount of dps as my warlock.

Yesterday after reaching level80 on my wizard i did a dungeon. We were scaled to item level 14K and at the end my 16K item level wizard with only 6 boons unlocked, purlple gears, purple artifacts, blue ioun stone with 3 rank 15 bondings and few other green companions, no insignias did more dps than a 21K warlock who had most of his stuff legendary and mythic and had 30K more power than my warlock

Warlock- Lv80. || Rogue - Lv80. || Wizard - Lv80. || Paladin - Lv80. || Cleric - Lv80. || Ranger - Lv70. || Barbarian - Lv70. || Fighter - Lv70.

edited August 2019
    Well, so now we do self inflicted damage to gain sparks. But if you die you still loose all sparks still unlike Paladin and clerics retaining divinty...if so, not much of an improvement tbh. In a pinch where everyone's dying at boreworm you might heal a bit more before expediting your own death. A fighting chance is better than none I guess, nice bandaid attempt.

An undocumented attempt at improving...something at least.
  • polaris1986polaris1986 Member Posts: 320 Arc User
    mongol69 said:

Hello darkness my old friend...

I've come to talk with you again
    "sometimes the world doesn't need another hero, sometimes what it needs is a monster"

• xzotix#6679 xzotix Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    I've given up maining my SW anymore. Near impossible to get into endgame groups.
    Changing to my Wizard until SW is "Fixed" one way or the other.
    Mechanics is not the issue, it's a deeper rooted problem with SW.
    Not DPS, not heal, what are we? GONE!!!!
    *Many groups looking for dps and heals for Lomm*
    Warlock: "Vhdps here, inv"
    Others: "Ehh no thank u, dps spot is filled"
    Warlock: "Np, soulweaver/healer here, inv pls"
    Others: "Sorry, we are looking for a real healer aka cleric"

*Many groups looking for dps and heals for Tomm*
    Warlock: "99999999K item level pure dps here"
    Others: "No warlocks, please change to wizard if you have one."
    Warlock: "No wizard sorry but i can switch to soulweaver/healer hehe~ inv pls"
    Others: "Sorry, umm.. its full now.. i think"

edited August 2019
    Though devs say asap to get class issues resolved, the reality is it took 2-3 mods in the past to implement any substantial warlock class fixes while players found crutches arounds like obc.

Mod 15 was the best state of warlocks in all prior mods for balance and performance for new and veteran players. However mod 16, not even close, playing as endgame vs other endgame dps and healers the class is back in the same performance state after obc nerf if not worse considering soulweaver issues. In mod 16 I maxed my warlock and regret it, began building my wizard tword endgame again almost immediately.

They have stated they were gathering data in mod 16 release and implemented more data hooks, again..Still? To gather more data after launch of mod 17 to verify the "percieved" damge issue of warlocks performance to other dps classes?

The reality is they most likely won't have any viable fix for warlock class on console in just a few weeks to get endgame warlocks tomm ready, let alone a few mods.

The only solution is strip your warlock and scramble to make a another class endgame if you want to run tomm, if you can afford it as it is now.

Possibly soulweaver may get a spot as tank healbot holding trigger if that's your thing.

Just look at friends list, guilds and alliance and you see a trend of very few warlocks online at any time, let alone endgame.

The class is pretty much dead untill a fix comes along. Soulweaver has had the only real attention from devs to fix mechanic flaws that make it effectively unusable. \o/. Even new player warlocks are abandoning the class early on.

I'm greatful devs finally acknowledge these issues that been known for month during and after preview. But it may be case of too little too late.
    Post edited by mongol69 on
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    The setup might be as you say Oathkeeper to do the mainwork and shield party. At endgear the barriereffect will still be a 100%+ temp HP, and the Soulweaver will constantly keybind the tank with his Soul Reconstruction.
    But the ammount of player willing to build into Soulweaver and spend millions of AD only to be a healbot for the tank will be pretty small I guess.

/bind t "+Hardtargetlock $$ target "target's name" $$ +PowerTrayExec 1"
    Pressing T will now heal the ("target's name") if you slottet Soul Reconstruction on the right mouse button - have fun :)