What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Official M16: General Feedback

Comments

• Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    asterdahl said:

Tried out FBI just to see how things compared, there was a wall of snow after the first set of mobs which was impossible to get past.

That wall of snow has always been there and is linked to the first pull. (There are numerous snow drifts in the first leg to prevent extra-large pulls.) Is it possible an enemy was missed? Either way, we'll definitely be looking into this.
    Sometimes enemies fall down onto a ledge. They aren't affected by the auto kill down there but players are, making it difficult or impossible to clear them.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    Bug

When playing the intro story if you have a potion from the chest the golden sparkles lead you back to the spawn point for the start once you have picked up the arrows.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • Options
    codetellercodeteller Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    thanks for vanity pet inventory

my adorned mimic doesn't appear to be working. click on it (a few different ways) and it does not appear

why the nerf to the Queue AD?
  • Options
    I see this is number of places, so I'm putting here in general, but I'm using paladin as an example
    you removed heroism and made it a level 80 ability.
    this sort of thing is just...frustrating.
    we had the heroism power now. on live.
    but now, it goes away and we can't get it back until 80.
    with rating and such, you nerf us now, so we can "grow". fine. I get it.
    but an actual concrete power that we can no longer use and we have to level up to get it back...annoyance and frustration.

also, you have removed a number of secondary abilities of a number of powers and now powers just seem boring and blend in with each other and seem to have little difference from each other.
    which one does more damage, which does more damage with a feat? there's little else reason to pick a power aside from damage (dps-wise), because there are fewer options to consider.
  • Options
    kpdaughtry13#0946 kpdaughtry13 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    When levelling up the character screen symbol in the navigation bar is always highlighted as well as the powers tab flashing telling me that I have power points to spend. Since power points are not being used this message should go away.

Also some explanation or description of the new stat boosts for the equipment would be helpful.
  • Options
    asterdahlasterdahl Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,258 Cryptic Developer
    kassabre said:

"Invert Camera X" and "Invert Camera Y" settings are missing under Gameplay\General Menu. This is making my mouse move in the opposite direction from what I'm used to. Was this an oversight or is this now by design? I would really like to have this option back.

This is a bug, and it will be back in the near future/before launch.
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    During character advancement the 2nd encounter power unlocks at level 5, but you get the power at level 6, and the third one opens at 6 but isn't available until 7.
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
  • Options

I see this is number of places, so I'm putting here in general, but I'm using paladin as an example
    you removed heroism and made it a level 80 ability.
    this sort of thing is just...frustrating.
    we had the heroism power now. on live.
    but now, it goes away and we can't get it back until 80.
    with rating and such, you nerf us now, so we can "grow". fine. I get it.
    but an actual concrete power that we can no longer use and we have to level up to get it back...annoyance and frustration.

also, you have removed a number of secondary abilities of a number of powers and now powers just seem boring and blend in with each other and seem to have little difference from each other.
    which one does more damage, which does more damage with a feat? there's little else reason to pick a power aside from damage (dps-wise), because there are fewer options to consider.

The reality of separating the paragon paths made some changes like Heroism being boosted to level 80 inevitable, and I'd like to apologize personally for this change. In the case of Paladin specifically, since their kit desperately needed an AoE damaging daily, and that felt like something that both the healer and tank should have access to, their new daily is now a low level power. As a result, we needed to move some existing dailies up in the tree. We know this doesn't feel great.

In most cases, we've tried to ensure that these powers feel new and different, but in some cases, the original design worked and was largely unchanged, but that was really the only place in the tree that the power made sense. We simply didn't have time to build 2 new dailies for every class, with how heavily we were also reworking some of the core powers.

In regards to powers "blend into one another," please give specific feedback on the class threads. We'd love to make adjustments if there are any problems. Generally speaking, every power used to be a Swiss army knife that did 5-10 different things, and we've been working to make sure each power plays a more focused and discrete role. So I'm surprised to hear that powers feel more alike, and look forward to hearing your specific feedback.
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    There seems to be a bit of a deception here.

Fewer feats, but more powerful and build defining. But almost all are so unfathomably underwhelming to the point that it barely matters what you take.
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    Removing power from all of our Loyal Avenger gear was not nice. Frankly, it feels like a screw job. Now I have to refine empowered runestones to the n'th degree to make up for it.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    The campfire just outside Karzov's lair doesn't seem to work as a respawn point, making it pointless. (Seriously there are problems with OP when you can die fighting him.)

The level advancement notifications are awarding power points, in big chunks, even though you are not getting powers.
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
  • Options
    Some of the quest dialogue (the barkeep and the revenant) are very hard to hear. They really need more volume. I have the settings maxed and some words are impossible to make out.
  • Options
    Quest: Fragments of Fortune

The text should read, "pore over the missives".
  • Options
    At level 11 you are instructed to go to a campfire and press P to swap powers, you don't get your 4th encounter power until level 14 now.
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
  • Options
    empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    The vistani artifact weapons are lower IL than they are on LIVE...they are near the same stats and IL as primal ones in seal vender on live...primal ones on preview got buffed up to 600+ IL and stats as well.

Was the vistani weapons nerfs intended?? The vistani armor I would have thought would have been nerfed as well.

ex. vistani epic on live 485 IL on preview 431 IL
    primal epic on live 485 IL on preview 679 IL

• Options
    tgwolftgwolf Member Posts: 501 Arc User

Ability Scores affect different stats than they previously did, and are no longer different per class.

On top of that, a given class has a set layout of initial ability score distribution, however they can still customize the point spends while leveling and through different ability score boosts through gear.

Will Race Reroll tokens be able to reset and customize a class's starting attributes? Or will starting attributes be baked in for each class without customization.
    Along that token, will Races still be able to customize their attributes?
    Classes have a preset distribution of ability score points at character creation. Race ability score choices still exist.
    Yup.

Makes Dragonborn just fine in my book and the more realistic Ability Scores soothe part of the D&D nerd in me.

No goddarn thing as a perfect Class Score spread, as a DM I refuse to allow that bull.
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Please disable the auto start on the new campaign quest or allow us to drop it. I have a lot of characters, most of whom I have no intention of running the quest. It is extremely annoying to have quests in my journal that cant't be dropped and it is pointless to run everyone.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    scntyboy#8080 scntyboy Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    Question. What about sets? Orcus, valindra, etc. Are they being updated to level 80? Or is going to be like mod 6? Where the greater versions were introduced. Do the weapons and other gear we have now become obsolute or updated? Are there new masterworks levels or updated versions?
  • Options
    thanks for your response
    asterdahl said:

In regards to powers "blend into one another," please give specific feedback on the class threads. We'd love to make adjustments if there are any problems. Generally speaking, every power used to be a Swiss army knife that did 5-10 different things, and we've been working to make sure each power plays a more focused and discrete role. So I'm surprised to hear that powers feel more alike, and look forward to hearing your specific feedback.

Looking further, I can see there are differences in the powers, but none of them jump out at me. I had builds and a feel for them on live, and I cannot replicate that play style, the powers I had really don't do the same thing anymore.
    I will post more specifically in class feedbacks as appropriate

• Options

thanks for your response

asterdahl said:

Looking further, I can see there are differences in the powers, but none of them jump out at me. I had builds and a feel for them on live, and I cannot replicate that play style, the powers I had really don't do the same thing anymore.
    I will post more specifically in class feedbacks as appropriate

Thanks for being more specific, I look forward to hearing your feedback in the class threads. In some cases, it may be true that your play style doesn't exist anymore, especially if your play style was built around stacking a ton of buffs, debuffs, or power sharing.

However, there are also new play styles available, and some old play styles may be available but not immediately apparent. As you get a chance to experiment more, please let us know if there's a particular play style you miss and why. We are still absolutely making changes, so who knows, we may make changes that support the style you miss. At the very least, you should be able to get an explanation as to why it was removed.
  • Options
    empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    asterdahl said:

The reality of separating the paragon paths made some changes like Heroism being boosted to level 80 inevitable, and I'd like to apologize personally for this change. In the case of Paladin specifically, since their kit desperately needed an AoE damaging daily, and that felt like something that both the healer and tank should have access to, their new daily is now a low level power. As a result, we needed to move some existing dailies up in the tree. We know this doesn't feel great.

In most cases, we've tried to ensure that these powers feel new and different, but in some cases, the original design worked and was largely unchanged, but that was really the only place in the tree that the power made sense. We simply didn't have time to build 2 new dailies for every class, with how heavily we were also reworking some of the core powers.

Its just not cool that on all the classes I've looked at I see nothing new post 70 just things you are getting back that we have now. There may be a lot of reasons to get to lvl 80...just powers, feats, boons isn't going to be one of them for me.

• Options
    nazzradan#1157 nazzradan Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Hi, I've been testing the Arbiter paragon and it is just a mess, the feats make you use certain encounters to the point where you cant do damage, they are basically useless and heavy sun which would be the stronger feat is not working, instead of giving the feat dedicated to a single encounter make it to all encounters or dont make the feat like that at all, have to use a At-will so I can have a 10% chance to get 100% crit chance on my next searing light is a bad idea, the worst part is that they dont have any synergy since bolth the at-will and the encounter are benefited by radiant power so you just keep stacking burning power. The kit has great potential but it is just non-sense atm, lacks synergy
  • Options

Hi, I've been testing the Arbiter paragon and it is just a mess, the feats make you use certain encounters to the point where you cant do damage, they are basically useless and heavy sun which would be the stronger feat is not working, instead of giving the feat dedicated to a single encounter make it to all encounters or dont make the feat like that at all, have to use a At-will so I can have a 10% chance to get 100% crit chance on my next searing light is a bad idea, the worst part is that they dont have any synergy since bolth the at-will and the encounter are benefited by radiant power so you just keep stacking burning power. The kit has great potential but it is just non-sense atm, lacks synergy

Thanks for the feedback! I'm having a difficult time understanding your comment: "the feats make you use certain encounters to the point where you can't do damage." You don't have to set the encounters associated with the feats you choose, but if you are referring to the first feat choice which pairs an at-will with an encounter proc—you go on to talk specifically about the feat piercing light, and you mention that there is "no synergy" between the two. Keep in mind that the proc lasts multiple seconds, after the proc you have time to dump your burning stacks into a fire spell, generate full radiant stacks and then use your proc to do a boosted piercing light.

Arbiter is a less straightforward DPS than some of the others. This is intentional, so please try experimenting with some different rotations and continue to send your feedback.
  • Options
    shiani1 said:

The spider quest (one of the first two) where you have to get those little vials is maddening. People are waiting around for just 3 groups of spiders to spawn and then taking the vials, which don't even drop consistently. Something needs to be done to make that one not so crazy. It took me over an hour to complete it because there were multiple people grabbing for the vials when they dropped...then waiting again for spawn and rinse and repeat. It was a discouraging start.

Also, I'm wondering if there is a plan to put the percentages back into the stat list. I was told there is now a 50% cap on crit, but I have no idea what percent I have since it is not longer a part of that list. Same with armor pen, etc.

And the character sheet keeps lighting up like I have something unfinished, but I have looked repeatedly and can't find anything I didn't already choose.

It's interesting trying to adjust the new stats around to try to get a feel for them. I'm not even sure how each of them works. All of my numbers look higher than they presently are on the live server, but I'm having to use a lot of heals now. Maybe that's because of the absence of life steal.

So far it looks interesting and I'm waiting for people who know more than I do to start recommending builds, etc. because I'm pretty clueless at this point :)

Thanks for pointing out the issue with the spider quest. I'll pass this feedback along to the content team.

In regards to displaying percentages, we currently have no plans to display percentages. I know that's jarring but let me explain why that is: all ratings like critical strike now have counter ratings, like critical resistance. Not only do players have these ratings, but enemies do as well.

The stronger the enemy, the higher their ratings. Let's say you have 20,000 critical strike rating. Against a hypothetical level 0 enemy that gives you a 45% chance to grit, very close to the cap. However, against a level 65 enemy, lets say they have 10,000 critical resistance. Your chance to crit against that enemy is only 25%. Then against a level 70 enemy, lets say they have 20,000 critical resistance, your chance to criticize is only 5%. (Please note these are hypothetical numbers, I don't have the charts in front of me at the moment, and did not create them myself.)

Now, you could imagine how your character sheet might display the correct results at least based on monster level, however, monsters also continue to get stronger at endgame. An enemy in a future campaign zone, or in a dungeon or trial will have more critical resistance based on the entry requirements of the dungeon. If we were to display a percentage in the character sheet, it would be wrong 99% of the time. There are certainly arguments to be made in favor of displaying a percentage, but we ultimately believe that it would lead to more confusion than not showing the percentage, because players would look at the number and expect to consistently achieve that percentage of effectiveness, but that is not the case.

So while you've heard that critical strike "caps at 50%" bear in mind that when you are doing any sort of challenging content, the cap is not something you are going to hit unless you focus every single gem, companion power, insignia, and piece of equipment you own on that single stat and that stat alone. The counter ratings will bring your percentage down below the cap. And when you are scaled down into a lower level dungeon, your stats will remain largely relative to one another. So your chances should remain fairly similar against the enemies you have been scaled to fight.
  • Options
    fielran#2467 fielran Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    On my Rank 19 Chultan Tiger, the third equipment slot gave me a message saying it was locked when I tried to click and drag equipment to the slot, but allowed equipment from the associated drop down menu. Pretty sure only one of those should be true.

Enchantments on companion gear should be automatically removed along with the gear and/or should be free to remove. We shouldn't have to pay to remove enchantments from gear that has been rendered useless, and it's a pain to move things one by one from the overflow bag to leave room for the enchantments, remove the enchantments, then convert or sell the items. The common advice for TRs was to improve active companion enchantments first, before those on the player's gear, so I do need those back...