test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official M16: General Feedback

Comments

• theraxin#5169 theraxin Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    My short question after getting into preview: Can we get way more in-game explanation for this mod? Lik, why my base crit chance is not seen? What that's 6 icon suddenly on my comp? I quess I can go to forum/reddit for everything or read tons of walls of text, but this should be way easier.
  • katillord3katillord3 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    if you stack 3x gladiator's guile.you can fly.literally:)
  • kythelion#3210 kythelion Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    Question. I saw that CC clearing/immunity was removed from AA and stuff. Was it put back into anywhere or are we just fubared since enemies still have cc to hit us with? I mean one AoE stun can wipe a whole group if we don't have cc mitigation options.
  • kythelion#3210 kythelion Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    Also, definitely on the train of needing there to be a section in the character sheet somewhere we can see percentages calculated for effectiness of stats. Especially since you've said you're purposely making it so that we can't have effective percentages spread across all the necessary stats. It will be even more important to see what our stats ARE giving so we can decide how to allocate. The way I'm leaning right now is "HAMSTER stats since I know you won't let me reach decent effectiveness anyway." By not being able to see anything it's just making those thoughts worse. WTF good does having x amount of crit or awareness or whatever do? Not everyone's a mathematician.
  • wizardlvl80#5963 wizardlvl80 Member Posts: 519 Arc User
    Why some artifacts are 150 IL and some 300?

I noticed some new ones being 300 IL, but also new ones with 150 IL. Are you making every old artifact obsolete for 80 lvl players or is it a bug?

Also, why there is no gear to buy for tradebars? I know there are weapons but why no amor?
  • ordinaryplayer#2642 ordinaryplayer Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    Notes on short testing (2 characters, no extreeme cash shop, no power items, not much tuning at all)

=== The Good: ===

- the game felt very "accessible" on a non-tuned character, i'm glad the huge spikes were gone.
    - Dailies I tried felt very ULTIMATE! Need to test an single target on something strong

-"Idle companion" stats selection - much nicer than rotating companions, just not intuitive. (What is this, why are some blue, brown and yellow? Oh i can change these? -read tiny mouseover- Oooooh)

=== The Boring/Other notes ===

- Stats are just numbers. Skimming through the feedback look like this is being looked at. But yup its the "is 1500 bajiion crit good or bad number" problem.

- The downside of the more accessible (no spike/no healing game), is a bit of a lack of excitement/action. At the end of the battle I looked down at the HP bar and it was "I guess I won, there's x% of the bar left, this is good?". There was little eb/flow action getting, but very close to DPS OUT > DPS IN = win.

- Above Need to test more though, things were more exciting when I grabbed a larger mob. Plus I think a round of testing needs to pass before I we say "this is too easy/this is too hard"

===The Bad===

- Lack of choice / meh choices
    --- short list of powers or 'aww power X is in the other tree' effect was a let down
    --- short list of often meh feat choices: Always was disappointing when good looking full trees were full of feets boosting powers you never use/hated. Now there's no escape, there needs to be some "excitement" here (3rd choice?)
    --- I guess predefined stats now? Again choice

^---> sure this help balance, but cryptic games are known for their customization .. not their balance

===The Ugly===

- Compaion Gear
    --- As a more casual solo player my companions are now NAKED. I might have randomly played the right queue once or twice to outfit one character
    ^--- I know why you are doing that (3x seal rings balance), but need to make you aware of the other side of the coin.

- Companion Runestone slots Now "Bonding Runestones" Only - Some of us poor people use the old runestones here (see the forgotten). Again, Naked companions

=== The Forgotten (?) ===

- Companion gear mods/rune stones: I'm not sure when was the last time I found one in game was. If we need them for companion gear .. don't forget they don't exist ? There's also little option to go grab some comapion gear.

- Companion Runestone: I hope the mouse over is right and these drop in game now, If not circle back to "the ugly".

Re the forgotten: No the Astral diamond exchange is NOT an acceptable substitute or fix proper development and access to items/gear.
    Post edited by ordinaryplayer#2642 on
  • theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User

Aaaaannnnd sooo…. the Masterwork weapons and artifact gear are obsolete now. Again. Not to mention the rings/neck/waist pieces that can no longer be put on companions. Just like all the pessimists predicted with the Mod 15 professions overhaul. Why did you bother?

The CTA weapons are even more obsolete, and if I have my IL reckoning right, so are the Tales of Old artifact sets.

I was really hoping you wouldn’t do that. The IL boost to the MW weapons seemed to leave enough room to “fill in” spaces between them and primals, as the CTA weapons seemed to be doing. But no. The Undermountain weapons are not only stronger than MW III weapons, but *much* stronger (~30% at green).

You could have added a Mythic level to weapons and artifact gear, that could only be unlocked once your character was level 80.

Or just kept the level cap at 70, since Item Level long ago effectively replaced character level, and raising the cap doesn’t change that.

I'm assuming that mod 17'll probably introduce a new tier of masterwork stuff, but it'd still be nice if there was some profession content (at least shirt/pants!) to do in the interim. Maybe new crafted level 80 rings, or crafted companion gear.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited March 2019

I'm assuming that mod 17'll probably introduce a new tier of masterwork stuff, but it'd still be nice if there was some profession content (at least shirt/pants!) to do in the interim. Maybe new crafted level 80 rings, or crafted companion gear.

I also expect to see new masterwork in Mod 17, hopefully together with a fix to the hugely annoying bug where +1 items are not accepted in the MW quests. Until then MW is pretty much dead - there are no armors/weapons worth making for lvl 80 characters.

However, some crafting is still (barely) worthwhile. Specifically:
    • Healing potions. With LifeSteal gone and healing potion drop rate not being raised, there should be an increased demand for crafted potions.
    • Armor kits. People will be getting new lvl 80 armor pieces and they will want to add +1 armor kits to those items.
    Post edited by adinosii on
    Hoping for improvements...
  • neidanman#1423 neidanman Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    Will there be a legendary mount exchange like for enchants?... With such big changes to stats, and people making their biggest investments in these mounts to get certain stats/powers that might no longer be good for them, it would seem very unfair for there not to be.
    Insignia "..of Leeching" look siomewhat...useless at the moment.

We need to know what stats they will give (or even if the plan is to allow us to exchange them for some other insignia,

• hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    You can exchange them in PE.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • nooneatzanooneatza Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    For the first time in a long time neverwinter will feel like a real mmo, tanks have to tank, healers have to heal and dd's will have to let the tank go first and do his thing and no longer be able to just "hURr dUrR mE GWF mE ruN ahEaD aNd kiLl evERytHIng".

Good little step towards making this game into something that's not a joke.
  • noworries#8859 noworries Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 651 Cryptic Developer
    adinosii said:

Insignia "..of Leeching" look siomewhat...useless at the moment.

We need to know what stats they will give (or even if the plan is to allow us to exchange them for some other insignia,

That image has text that tells you to go exchange it for another insignia. There is also information on this here:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1246308/official-m16-refinement
  • noworries#8859 noworries Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 651 Cryptic Developer

NOT ONE DAMN NEW ABILITY!!!!!. We are all gaining 10 new levels and instead of fixing said issues and gaining new spells/abilities all that is happening is the spreading out of current abilities. I mean I am so livid about this, its not even funny. I am not even going to touch on the almost cookie cutter builds this mod is now going to make almost everyone, especially the wizards. So here is my question....

WHY NO NEW ABILITIES, SPELLS ore FEATS for the additional 10 levels?!

Every single class has new abilities
  • dariandelforddariandelford Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited March 2019

NOT ONE DAMN NEW ABILITY!!!!!. We are all gaining 10 new levels and instead of fixing said issues and gaining new spells/abilities all that is happening is the spreading out of current abilities. I mean I am so livid about this, its not even funny. I am not even going to touch on the almost cookie cutter builds this mod is now going to make almost everyone, especially the wizards. So here is my question....

No we have the same abilities that have been changed and moved around.... nothing that I would call new. Which you would expect when a level cap increases happens. At least not that I have seen in the Control Wizards. Everything has just been removed and only a few things kept and moved around or renamed.
    Darian Del'Ford
    AKA Taco Brotherhood of Pathfinders
    Old Neverwinter Nights AOL Launched it all!

No we have the same abilities that have been changed and moved around.... nothing that I would call new. Which you would expect when a level cap increases happens. At least not that I have seen in the Control Wizards. Everything has just been removed and only a few things kept and moved around or renamed.
    Each class got a minimum of 1 new at-will 1 new encounter and 1 new daily power, some got more.

On top of that some classes got entirely new feats as well.

That image has text that tells you to go exchange it for another insignia. There is also information on this here:

Oops...stupid me. Thanks.

• redmoonkarinredmoonkarin Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    so Can I exchange dark ench rank 14 for any runestone like power or arcane or it has to be power to power ?
  • dariandelforddariandelford Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited March 2019

Each class got a minimum of 1 new at-will 1 new encounter and 1 new daily power, some got more.

Talk about underwhelming. Ya'll took the ability for us to cater to what we want, and are forcing us all into cookie cutter builds. Literally the only difference for the most part will be gear. Which again is going to drive the casual's and the try hards even further apart.

I get that you all are trying to atone for the multiple past balance failures, I mean hell the CW has been damn near useless for almost 7+ mods now. But my own intelligence does not even factor into damage calculations? Its stupid stuff like this that makes perfect sense. (Seriously hoping that is a UI Bug)
    Darian Del'Ford
    AKA Taco Brotherhood of Pathfinders
    Old Neverwinter Nights AOL Launched it all!
  • checkmatein3checkmatein3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 525 Arc User
    Why is there no opportunity to exchange 3 statted enchants in PE? You have 1- and 2-stat enchants, but not 3-statted for other 3-statted?
    LEVIATHAN--19.3k Metallic Dragonborn Guardian Fighter Swordmaster Loadouts

Guild--And the Imaginary Friends

• hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User

For SWs that is provably false. All of the at-wills I have now are ones I have on live.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User

Talk about underwhelming. Ya'll took the ability for us to cater to what we want, and are forcing us all into cookie cutter builds. Literally the only difference for the most part will be gear. Which again is going to drive the casual's and the try hards even further apart.

I get that you all are trying to atone for the multiple past balance failures, I mean hell the CW has been damn near useless for almost 7+ mods now. But my own intelligence does not even factor into damage calculations? Its stupid stuff like this that makes perfect sense. (Seriously hoping that is a UI Bug)
    Before, there was a lot of false choices. No one went build X because build X was always inferior. Reducing the number of choices, but making those choices more meaningful is the way to have meaningful game balance.

Now, whether the implementation that they're going with *accomplishes* that is another question entirely. But less feats isn't a bad idea on its own.
  • quickfoot#7851 quickfoot Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    I know this can't be changed now, it's just too late, but for the sake of increased customization and diversity, I suggest removing paragons all together (4th edition concept) and allow players to pick powers and feats from both paragons as they level up, limited by the same number of powers and feats they would have as things are now once they get to level 80. As for the different roles, allow those to be chosen at a certain level like Arcane Traditions are for Wizards and Primal Paths are for Barbarians in 5th edition rules. After selecting a tradition or path, that opens up the role specific powers and feats to choose in certain slots on level up. I thought about this when I realized I can't use Steal Time on my Wizard's aoe Thaumaturge build simply because of the limitations imposed by the current design.