Install Arc
Options

OFFICIAL FEEDBACK THREAD: Professions Overhaul

Comments

• Options
    free2payfree2pay Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    razlat13 said:

free2pay said:

Btw what is going to happen to event related professions like Summer Provisioning? Any change to the reward from Level 10 quest "A True Professional", what is the reward? Any impact to lockbox? Any changes to titles?

I can't complete this quest because the NPC, M'tari Prin'tal, is not there. The quest needs to be updated to the new NPC or she needs to be added back.

I'm not sure what level the new crafting quest is at, so I'm having to grind on my new character to test out the progress from level 1.

Same, created a fresh character on Preview and level it to level 10. Still see the quest that introduce Profession at level 10 being "A True Professional" rather than "A Workshop Opportunity"? At what character level is "A Workshop Opportunity" available to player?
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    With this profession overhaul, can we have the ability to dismantle old gears to learn them as transmute recipe? It would be nice to craft old gears as transmutes. I'm particularly interested in turning Morlanth's Shroud and Black Ice Boots to transmute recipes.
    Post edited by free2pay on
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Are dyes craftable? Many recipes from weapon and artificing are bind on pickup rather than unbound.
  • Options
    pitmonster#5684 pitmonster Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    OK devs, if you insist on making us "hire" our professions, let us take out an ad with the town crier and get the professional applicants we actually want! If all I want are weapons smiths, why should any other applicant apply?

I HATE random HAMSTER! How in the world did you think this is fun and not simply frustrating?
    Post edited by pitmonster#5684 on
  • Options
    zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User
    free2pay said:

razlat13 said:

free2pay said:

Btw what is going to happen to event related professions like Summer Provisioning? Any change to the reward from Level 10 quest "A True Professional", what is the reward? Any impact to lockbox? Any changes to titles?

I can't complete this quest because the NPC, M'tari Prin'tal, is not there. The quest needs to be updated to the new NPC or she needs to be added back.

I'm not sure what level the new crafting quest is at, so I'm having to grind on my new character to test out the progress from level 1.

Same, created a fresh character on Preview and level it to level 10. Still see the quest that introduce Profession at level 10 being "A True Professional" rather than "A Workshop Opportunity"? At what character level is "A Workshop Opportunity" available to player?
    Level 20
  • Options
    cthoncthon Member Posts: 85 Arc User

OK devs, if you insist on making us "hire" our professions, let us take out an add with the town crier and get the professional applicants we actually want! If all I want are weapons smiths, why should any other applicant apply?

I HATE random HAMSTER! How in the world did you think this is fun and not simply frustrating?

I like that idea. Make it one of the gathering tasks. The higher your workshop rank, the higher a "chance" you get the target worker type - rank 1@ 25%, rank 2 @ 50%, rank 3 @ 75%, rank 4 is 100%. Give it an extended duration - say 12-24 hours. Higher quality tools give higher chance of "higher ranked" worker with the existing workshop level chance. Slap a high commission on it - recruiters don't work for free, you know.

The question becomes - what tool? Nets? Crossbow???!!?
  • Options
    edited September 2018

The new recipe "Bronze Leg Guards" under Armor creates a Rare (blue) level 10 boots which is only Item Level 33.

The quest "Sewer Crawl" rewards a Uncommon (green) level 8 boots which is Item Level 39.

The Item Level of crafted gears are too low to be worthwhile.
    Post edited by free2pay on
  • Options
    wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    i am with Corellon, i am on same path, what i see cost about 600k ADs from AH just to make bind on pick up, and really concern about failing and spend another 600k ADs for "lost materials".

it not just worth the risk if that ever get completed and get taken away on Mod 15, it would be known as "Mod 6 Part 2" if that get ugly again.

no one likes to relearn whole thing again after playing same game for years and then boom, gone and completely different ballgame.
    i mentioned my old topic about failing master craft, it really need redo and it is too expensive.
  • Options
    nacsa76nacsa76 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    cthon said:

@asterdahl
    BUG: I have copied characters over with NO professions tasks active, and NO professions quests (such as MW, etc). I am able to progress to taking the items from the box, can remove the items, but the quest does not progress and stays at "Take items from box" stage. I have followed and clicked all green boxes, etc.

To expand on the above... I have:
    Cancelled or collected any professions tasks
    Removed/cancelled any professions related quests
    Collected all overflow rewards prior to copy
    Logged out
    Gotten coffee
    Copied character
    Followed quest instructions to the letter (clicking in green boxes, etc)
    Have tried both doubleclicking and using the Collect All button to remove resources
    Received the resources
    Quest does not progress

I have tried this on multiple copies of the same toon, and on different toons.

I have the same problem.
    If there was 9 active task in live, I can't even access the box.
    If there was 1 active task in live, I can access the box, can remove the gathering resources, but quest does not progress.
    If there was 0 active task in live, I can access the box, can remove the gathering resources, but quest does not progress.

When there was 0 task, the tutorial boxes were there, but no quest progress.

I have multiple MW quests active in live. I don't know how it effects the Preview Shard.

• Options
    zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    While it appears that every character wearable item crafted in Armorsmithing, Leatherworking and tailoring are created Bound when equipped (Character), those same types of items when crafted in Artificing, Jewelrycrafting and Blacksmithing are created Bound when picked-up (Character). It appears to apply to all items within those crafts, but I did change to only spot checking after awhile.
  • Options
    bronto111bronto111 Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    wlinaz said:

bronto111 said:

THIS does not seem to be a bug from having proffesion tasks uncollected before copying over to preview (like most have assumed) it seems to be a preview bug that is NOT registering that the delivery box has been emptied.

This is still a bug, if you come in with uncollected tasks, you cannot start a gathering task to complete the quest to unlock access to the box.
    Its is not a bug as i made sure i had NO uncollected tasks AND plenty of bag space BEFORE i copied toon over to preview,the bug is with the delivery box ...as i can collect results from the delivery box BUT IT DOES NOT REGISTER that i have collected the results.
  • Options
    bronto111bronto111 Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    Anouther thing to point out is that currently on preview the Artisans are bound to the WORKSHOP and not the charactor and not account ...that means if you buy packs to get better artisans you CANT mail them or trade them to your alts ,Each character on an account has ITS OWN WORKSHOP,and therefore has to have its own artisans.
    Which really sux since you DO NOT get to trade in epic grand masters for artisan packs.
    Epic grand masters become currency that you use to buy ASSETS such as pick axe etc (like the current assets such as crucible etc) as well as the current assets you have to also trade for currency to buy more assets.
    Assets CAN be traded and sold etc as far as i could see on preview ...but that may also change.
    Seems to me the whole workshop setup is better suited as an ACCOUNT feature rather than a single charactor feature.So that once you start a workshop on one charactor,and you then later start anouther charactor you can use youre new charactor to pop into your workshop to collect results start new tasks level proffesions more etc.(edited)
    In that way the proffesions would be an account activity ( rather like a family business) where it doesnt matter which toon youre on at any time you simply pop in to youre workshop and carry on .

still stuck at tutorial stage to collect results from delivery box : i made sure zero tasks in progress on live,plenty of empty bag space in proffesions bag (17 empty slots in fact).Zero uncollected tasks on live.
    Then and only then did i copy toon over to preview and still gets stuck after collecting the results from delivery box it still says collect results from delivery box.....its bugged and NOT registering when it has been emptied.
    Tried the exact same thing with 3 toons and all result in stuck at the delivery box during tutorial.
  • Options
    arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    BUG: whe you speak with the retainer to choose a profession to start with, and you say done and dont pick one, so you can do that task later, the screen locks you on cinematic frame
  • Options
    rainer#8575 rainer Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    Alrighty, compared the old MW recipes with the new ones.. These are the changes that I found:

*** Skipping all the obsolete recipes that use removed resources - these will still be changed I guess ***

* Names of tasks are now always the name of the product (OK!)
    * Also fixed for the leather/dinohide errors in leatherworking MW5 (OK!)

* Jewelcrafting: "Simple Stone Fireplace" recipe is not present on preview
    * Leatherworking: "Umbral Executioner Longcoat" recipe, last 2 resources have been swapped for some reason (still same resources used, but this is an odd one)
    * Tailoring: "Vermilion Fringed Runner" recipe is now MW2 instead of MW3 (not 100% sure)
    * Tailoring: "Vermilion Fringed Runner" recipe now uses 8 Cashmere instead of 8 Manticore Felt (this was probably an error on live, since the T2 also gave Cashmere before)
    * Armorsmithing: now has 2 Legendary items in MW1 to craft. One to be removed? Or they each unlock other recipes?
    * Armorsmithing: "Adamant Raid Scalemail" recipe has the resources rivets/scales swapped - same resources used though

Consistent but strange: Resource "Wootz Steel Ignots" is very likely a typo :-)
  • Options
    flippy#8481 flippy Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    + commission -> costs more to produce

- speed -> takes more time

what is wrong with this picture
  • Options
    seveninchbladeseveninchblade Member Posts: 75 Arc User

Absolutely nothing?
    Charisma was my dump stat.
  • Options
    avalonsuncleavalonsuncle Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    asterdahl,
    Earlier, you said:
    “Changes that make professions seem "more tedious" to those who engage solely for profit was not at all the goal of the new system, but an unavoidable byproduct. A professions system which promotes trading and primarily generates wealth for those engaged by sales to other players is healthier for the economy and creates more enjoyable gameplay for those who want to craft for the fun of it. (It also creates opportunities for others to profit by selling things to crafters that they need.) A system where an upfront investment results in an infinite stream of revenue that requires no continued input from the economy encourages everyone to engage for fear of losing out.”
    There are a few points here I’d like to address:
    • “Changes that make professions […] more tedious [are] an unavoidable byproduct.”
    As the end users of this system, our perception is our reality, and if the process “seems” tedious, than to us it is, in fact, tedious—no “seems” about it.
    Crafting your words to minimize the inconvenience of the dissenting groups is, at best disingenuous. Admit that while you hope we’ll all enjoy it better than the old, the truth is that some players won’t be having much fun with the new system, but that doesn’t automatically mark them as bad people who have somehow spoiled things for the rest of us.
    • You characterize folks who find fault with the new system as “those who engage solely for profit,” as opposed to “those who want to craft for the fun of it.”
    I like to craft for the fun of it. I set my craftsmen to certain tasks when I happen to log in, and through intermittent solo play have seen a number of my professions (Leadership included) rise to 25—solely because of the small pleasure I take from having a skill at its maximum. I enjoy being able to set them to tasks and receive some gold for it—imagining that they made ordinary stuff, sold it to ordinary folk, and brought me the meager proceeds. If I worry that the new system might not be as fun, am I supposed to be lumped in with the billionaire AD farmers and Chinese bots?
    • You say that the new system “promotes trading and primarily generates wealth for those engaged by sales to other players.”
    I question how the trading will translate to wealth. It now will cost me money to begin a task. When that task is completed, I will be left with an item that is only worth what some other player is willing to pay for it—a player who, likely, will be able to make the same item more cheaply for themselves. Can I sell it to the gnome from Aurora’s Catalog? Will he pay me more than the original production cost, or will I be left with a dingus that takes up space in my inventory and a hole in my wallet? Even if some other player buys my gear, where did their money come from?
    Any money spent to buy this gear, at some point in the flow of barter, inevitably will come solely from adventuring. Are the cash rewards or drop rates on coins going to change? I currently pick up every penny I see and earn about 25,000 AD a week running missions, yet am still relatively cash poor.
    • You say that this system “generates wealth,” will be “healthier for the economy,” and “creates more enjoyable gameplay for those who want to craft for the fun of it.”
    I readily believe the former: I think this will definitely generate wealth and be far healthier for Perfect World’s economy. Having an uncontrolled font of in-game currency was like an unguarded buffet waiting to be exploited. The old system cost a minimum of in-game currency to begin and generated plenty of in-game currency—gold and AD. Many players farmed this to egregious levels and never had to spend a dime of real-world money to become in-game millionaires. This game may be free-to-play, but it is not a charity, and the old crafting system clearly had to go.
    The new system actually consumes the very resources the old system used to generate, creating a financial out-flow where once was income. Players attempting to craft at their old levels could quickly find themselves broke. One solution would be to get used to the new system and the glacial path of crafting for the perennially cash-poor; the faster alternative is to spend real money on the game to acquire the in-game resources you need to continue crafting at your old pace. Monetizing the crafting system is a very smart business move, and I commend Neverwinter for it. Hopefully seizing control of the monetary sources in the game will create a more level playing field for all, though I expect it will only serve to deepen the “free-to-play, pay-to-win” class divide.
    As for the latter assertion, “creating more enjoyable gameplay for those who want to craft for the fun of it,” I have my doubts, but I’ll wait and see what the new system brings.
  • Options

Absolutely nothing?

Better stat should be displayed in Green whereas worst stat should be in Red.
    Hence +comm% should be in Red, -comm% should be in Green;
    +speed% should be in Green, -speed% should be in Red.
    That will make it easier to dismiss Artisan who has both stats in Red.
  • Options
    corellon359corellon359 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    wylonus said:

i am with Corellon, i am on same path, what i see cost about 600k ADs from AH just to make bind on pick up, and really concern about failing and spend another 600k ADs for "lost materials".

it not just worth the risk if that ever get completed and get taken away on Mod 15, it would be known as "Mod 6 Part 2" if that get ugly again.

no one likes to relearn whole thing again after playing same game for years and then boom, gone and completely different ballgame.
    i mentioned my old topic about failing master craft, it really need redo and it is too expensive.

Got a help ticket asking just those questions. Coming up on 3 days now with no answer.....

Wish they would just tell us already. would love to know whether to hold the mats or sell them while I can. Some of those mats are 100K plus AD, which I could sorely use.
  • Options
    krailovkrailov Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    bronto111 said:

so i jumped on live and made sure my toon has NO proffesion tasks in progress and collected all results from finished tasks.
    copied toon over to preview ..... ALSO i made sure i had empty slots in proffesion bag (17 empty slots) so collecting from delivery box did NOT go into overflow bag.

I confirm I did exactly that too, had 2 toons that had no professions running at all (all 9 tasks empty) prior to porting them to test. Cannot proceed in the tutorial quest line as the first gathering task returned Copper Ore +1 (on both characters - very high odds?) Taken out of Delivery Box, and have crafted other items since, but Tutorial does not acknowledge this:
    [10/1 11:42] [Quest Notify] "Consult Your Retainer" complete!
    [10/1 11:42] [NPC] Maelys: Now we need only wait for our adventurer to return with the goods. Generally, you'll collect the results of your adventurer's gathering tasks the next day or after a long adventuring session of your own. If you're keen on waiting here, you can continue having your artisans craft items by using the worktable in the meantime.
    [10/1 11:47] [System Notify] [ItemAssignmentFeedback] Completed assignment "Copper Ore."
    [10/1 11:47] [Quest Notify] "Wait for the Gathering Task to Complete" complete!
    [10/1 11:47] [Inventory Notify] You received 12 Copper Ore +1.
    [10/1 11:47] [System Notify] [ItemAssignmentFeedback] Collected rewards for assignment "Copper Ore."
    [10/1 11:48] [NPC] Maelys: Now we need only wait for our adventurer to return with the goods. Generally, you'll collect the results of your adventurer's gathering tasks the next day or after a long adventuring session of your own. If you're keen on waiting here, you can continue having your artisans craft items by using the worktable in the meantime.
    :(

Looking at Artisan on drinking table - if I look at their 'feet', I see computer name (C90082 M15_Professions_Work...), I tilt view up, I see their name (Jala Astraad)

Might is not always right - the powerful sometimes forget that.

The Small Band
  • Options
    mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User
    Another "Console player asking what might be obvious to PC players..."

With this new system, does a new route to Mastercrafting exist?
    Or is it still, a case of "Complete the quest Join Guild Thats Done the Hard Work for You".
    I ask as a GH8 Guild Leader, and also on behalf of people who dont even want to join a guild.

And if the answer is, "You could always join a high level guild, get the quests then leave." my reply would be...

"Then what's the HAMSTERING point of locking it behind a Guild wall in the first place?"
  • Options
    tanais58cranetanais58crane Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    I've to say that I look forward to these changes, I took a look in preview, and it almost made me sad that I've everything ranked up to Masterworks III-V and won't get to level up anything in the new system.

It really takes a clearly dated and tedious system and brings it to life in an engaging way that, so far, looks really worth exploring.

So kudos on your hard work, I look forward to fully (Excluding levelling it up, which I won't be able to) exploring the new professions system when it arrives on live.

Or is it still, a case of "Complete the quest Join Guild Thats Done the Hard Work for You".
    I ask as a GH8 Guild Leader, and also on behalf of people who dont even want to join a guild.

And if the answer is, "You could always join a high level guild, get the quests then leave." my reply would be...

"Then what's the HAMSTERING point of locking it behind a Guild wall in the first place?"

Perhaps it is meant to encourage and reward those that have put the effort into levelling their Guild.

Do mind, I think the quests should be available to alliance members as well, as I know full well how difficult it can be for small to medium sized guilds to grow by themselves.

However, Masterworks is practically the only guild-related content with any bearing in the current state of the game outside of Boons.

We really need a few updates to Guild content, and a rework to Marauders, by the seven hells, the vouchers are virtually completely worthless which makes doing more than five waves pointless, it is only good to gather 600 weekly influence.
    The stars are falling, and the old gods silent as death, with the blood sworn to rip you down from the night sky, what cost will pose too high?
  • Options
    mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User

I've to say that I look forward to these changes, I took a look in preview, and it almost made me sad that I've everything ranked up to Masterworks III-V and won't get to level up anything in the new system.

It really takes a clearly dated and tedious system and brings it to life in an engaging way that, so far, looks really worth exploring.

So kudos on your hard work, I look forward to fully (Excluding levelling it up, which I won't be able to) exploring the new professions system when it arrives on live.

Perhaps it is meant to encourage and reward those that have put the effort into levelling their Guild.

Do mind, I think the quests should be available to alliance members as well, as I know full well how difficult it can be for small to medium sized guilds to grow by themselves.

However, Masterworks is practically the only guild-related content with any bearing in the current state of the game outside of Boons.

We really need a few updates to Guild content, and a rework to Marauders, by the seven hells, the vouchers are virtually completely worthless which makes doing more than five waves pointless, it is only good to gather 600 weekly influence.
    There are a hundred and one things that could be done to improve Guilds, and speaking as someone who has a rank 4 stable further rewards "outside of Boons" is quite laughable.

But I get that those who did put in the hard graft to get to GH 20 earned their rewards
    Its just one more reason for new players to see no benefit from joining a smaller guild thereby really depriving those newer guilds of the most desperate resource out there when it comes to playing catch up, namely Players.

I'd really hoped that a Professions overhaul was going to recognise the difficulty smaller, newer guilds have in reaching the dizzy height of double figures, with lots of sexy new ways to forage, hunt, or craft guild resources beyond the Leadership crates and equipment boxes previously available.

Looks more and more like the majority of the design brief was, "Make Gold a viable third currency".
  • Options
    nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User
    bronto111 said:

still stuck at tutorial stage to collect results from delivery box : i made sure zero tasks in progress on live,plenty of empty bag space in proffesions bag (17 empty slots in fact).Zero uncollected tasks on live.
    Then and only then did i copy toon over to preview and still gets stuck after collecting the results from delivery box it still says collect results from delivery box.....its bugged and NOT registering when it has been emptied.
    Tried the exact same thing with 3 toons and all result in stuck at the delivery box during tutorial.

Just quoting this to add that I have experienced this same bug. Very disappointing to want to try the professions updates for the week and not be able to progress through the tutorial.
  • Options
    monkeeyman1monkeeyman1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 46 Arc User
    Just tried out the update from last week to professions, and can't move forward past the first step as it says i need to empty out my box so you can do the gathering task, but I haven't progressed far enough in the tutorial to actually access the delivery box, so just stuck (I believe many others are having this issue as well).

Anyway, I just copied over my current toon to preview to do some testing, and think I will have an issue when all this goes live, if things stay the same (well, I'm sure I'll have many issues, but this one that may not be prevalent for others):

- Currently, on my main toon, both of the crafting bags are completely full, so no room for additional assets or materials
    - So, we start the new system, and the old assets haven't been converted yet, and the old materials are still there, waiting to be "sold" or converted
    - The initial task to pick your first profession starts, and you are given a pack with a bunch of new assets/tools that go into your inventory, but in my case they just go into my overflow, since I have no room in any of my bags.
    - So, to move forward with the tutorial, I have to delete assets and materials to get the stuff out of the overflow.
    - It is too early in the tutorial and I don't appear to have access yet to do actual conversion of the old stuff into "stuff." so only way to proceed is to just throw stuff away.

That doesn't seem right or a good plan. Sort of similar to the problem that others are having where the system says you need to empty your delivery box before proceeding but you can't because you aren't far enough along in the tutorial to access it - the structure of the tutorial is such that it locks you out of stuff it doesn't want you to access yet, even though for some of us, that puts us in a bad position.

If this makes no sense or is unclear, let me know and I can attempt to be more clear (but make no promises of actually succeeding).
  • Options
    edited October 2018

There are a hundred and one things that could be done to improve Guilds, and speaking as someone who has a rank 4 stable further rewards "outside of Boons" is quite laughable.

But I get that those who did put in the hard graft to get to GH 20 earned their rewards
    Its just one more reason for new players to see no benefit from joining a smaller guild thereby really depriving those newer guilds of the most desperate resource out there when it comes to playing catch up, namely Players.

I'd really hoped that a Professions overhaul was going to recognise the difficulty smaller, newer guilds have in reaching the dizzy height of double figures, with lots of sexy new ways to forage, hunt, or craft guild resources beyond the Leadership crates and equipment boxes previously available.

Looks more and more like the majority of the design brief was, "Make Gold a viable third currency".
    Damn you and your hamster, you just gave me quite the terrific idea that Cryptic would never implement.

With the increased importance of artisans in the new system, and the ability to actually see them as more than 2D icons hidden away in a tab of a pouch, they have the opportunity of making an aspect of professions actually story driven.

For example, imagine community-sponsored artisans, extremely rare artisans with particular quirks, as written by members of the community, with small story-lines that progress as you level them up.

Proper characterization of the artisans beyond "Sit here, work on that", has the possibility of through small, simple adjustments, along with well chosen quests and cleverly picked quirks, make the players end emotionally invested in their artisans, something which would had been unimaginable in the current system.

"What is it, faceless, nameless Grandmaster Alchemist Nº23? You don't feel like crafting unified elements this week? Well, isn't that a pity. - Assigns. - "

But alas, I highly doubt such degree of story-driven gameplay could interest Cryptic.

It is not like this is a session of Dungeons & Dragons.

Oh, wait. Almost forgot about your hamster.

You are correct, new players have few incentives to join recently created guilds.

And while to a certain degree this can't be avoided while at the same time giving people incentives to actually advance their guilds, it has to be balanced carefully, as otherwise you entrench old, upgraded guilds in a position of power that newer ones will have very little chance of working with.

(For example: If everyone wants a guild rank X+ for Masterworks, what chance have those under X of getting enough players to get there, if the guilds that are already there get all the new recruits.)

And while your perspective is rather partial, (A very, very small part of the community has to actually worry about a guild's curve of advancement. ) I've to somewhat agree.

It would had been nice to see some new, a bit more impactful ways to donate to Strongholds through professions with this rework than "Make boxes, fill boxes, dump boxes. Rinse and repeat.".

Also also, hold your hamsters.

I didn't say rewards.
    Crane said:

I said content, you misunderstood me on a very, very important note.

What can you do in a Stronghold that isn't related to Masterworks?

Heroics, Dragonflights, Marauders.

Dragonflights are outdated, the dragons are as challenging for the average player as those in the levelling areas now.

Marauders are nothing but an unimpressive five waves of unchallenging, uninteresting opponents that spawn out of thin air and separate you from 600 weekly influence.

Heroic Encounters, I don't think that even fresh seventies would be eager to use any of the long, long outdated gear they've a low chance of dropping.

I wasn't just talking about the rewards you get when you reach certain milestones with your guild hall rank, but something that ought to affect big and small, upgraded and unupgraded guilds to a similar degree.

____

Took me a few tries to get the colours just right. I don't envy the moderator that can see the history of edits in this post.

[ Redacted. ]
    Post edited by tanais58crane on
    The stars are falling, and the old gods silent as death, with the blood sworn to rip you down from the night sky, what cost will pose too high?
  • Options
    nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User

It would had been nice to see some new, a bit more impactful ways to donate to Strongholds through professions with this rework than "Make boxes, fill boxes, dump boxes. Rinse and repeat.".

Are these recipes up on preview now? I could not find them when I looked over the weekend. Of course, I could not progress past the tutorial, either, since it would not register that I had collected the results of gathering tasks from my delivery box.
  • Options
    edited October 2018

Are these recipes up on preview now? I could not find them when I looked over the weekend. Of course, I could not progress past the tutorial, either, since it would not register that I had collected the results of gathering tasks from my delivery box.
    I can check if you like, but last time I saw we could not see past rank.. thirty five, was it?
  • Options
    hannibalsmith#0854 hannibalsmith Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    @nunya I didn't see Stronghold contributions after the recent patch. Did a general search for "crate" and scanned each profession (mine are 70, some up to MW3) but didn't see anything specific to Guilds. So I assume they are not included yet.

What I DO NOT want to hear is "Well, you can contribute crafted gear as Surplus Equipment". The Guild Mark payback won't be worth the gold spent. Better to contribute the gold directly.

Still, Guilds need more than just gold to advance. On Live we can craft Labor, Gems, Gold, Equipment and Astral Diamond crates for free. I do hope they will still be there and won't cost more than a few copper when the update hits Live. Or, better yet, when the artisan finds out it's for your guild, forego the commission :)