Options

Is it time to nerf FBI yet?

Comments

• Options
    talon1970talon1970 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 152 Arc User
    agilesto said:

agilesto said:

chemjeff said:

Why should this portion of the dungeon be this difficult, at this point in the evolution of the game, when the dungeon does not even drop endgame gear and is not necessary for character progression at all?

Because it's the first step into T3 dungeons. FBI is hardly a T2.5 now with all the powercreep, but the first to introduce T3 mechanics and difficulty (read as you need to think about your moves).

If you nerf FBI because it's too hard for you, then you'll want to nerf MSP, that's even harder with more complex mechanics. Then you'll want to nerf TONG, because you can't pass the dps-check Orcus and Ras Nsi souls. Then you'll want to nerf CODG because you don't master the move of the pull/push (outside of the claw bug). Etc.

CN is a joke now that Orcus' punchs do nothing and with all the powercreep, so the first resistance a random group encounter in dungeons is FBI.

My question is more: why should a group that doesn't know how to run this dungeon, or simply isn't ready for it (gear-wise) should complete it? I myself really have hard time with Stradh on CR, and didn't run it a lot. Do I call for nerf, because I can't beat it with a random queue? Hell no, because if the team isn't ready to beat it, then it shouldn't.

You're asking for even more facility, in a now semi-old dungeon that's already crippled by powercreep. As I said, FBI is the first step into the endgame, not because of its difficulty anymore, but by the introduction of mechanics that you don't find in T2.

Leave it as it is, and be careful what you wish for, especially in nerfs.
    To the OP, I'm still waiting for a response to my contribution to the topic.

The only thing I see on this thread from you is a call for a nerf (I thought call for nerfs were not allowed, maybe it's only for classes). And, reading all your arguments here, why do you want to nerf FBI? Because you can't finish it, in RAQ.
    => So what? You're not the only player here, and lots of people do manage to complete this dungeon in RAQ, talking about non-premade. As a matter of fact, when I queue for a RAQ, I hope to get FBI, because it's the only content that offers a bit of challenge and that I can carry even as a DPS. (I can't carry MSP because of the mechanics).

Now you're talking a lot about effort/rewards. You do know that FBI offers orange rings that are still completely viable, even if outdated? You also know that FBI loot is mostly unbound, contrary to edemo/CN.

FBI is the first T3 (T2.5 now), it is a necessary step for every character to go through and understand how to play the class and as a team. Everyone and their mother can complete a CN with a lower-end build and being selfish, but you can't do that on FBI. Why is that a bad thing? Why would you nerf a dungeon encouraging teamplay and class-knowledge, just because you can't succeed to complete it?

And as I wrote previously, if you go on this way, this thread is only the first of a long serie: Say you manage to get FBI nerfed (hope not), you'll want to nerf MSP. Why don't you talk about MSP? MSP is way harder than FBI, mechanics are way more complex, and loot is the same, except for the Key of Stars (which droprate doesn't make a real difference in loot table).
    Then you'll open another thread because you can't succeed in TONG, let's say you can't pass the dps-check. Next will be for Cradle, and CR, and so on.

Let's be clear: You can't complete it with a team that's not ready for it, so you call for nerfs. The problem is that people are not willing to learn. They could try, and try again, dying in order to understand how it works, how should their rotations and placements be, how to prioritize the bears, etc. But no, people prefer leave, ragequit, sit on campfire or calling for nerfs. That's why this thread is only the first, because people do not WANT to learn.

As micky said, take the same team you were in, with random people, that maybe don't know the dungeon. YOU know the dungeon, so guide them, carry them. Talk, explain, try, retry and you'll pass.

A team that's not ready for it shouldn't complete it, like it's possible for T2 now with all the powercreep. You know the teamplay that players ask for in dungeons? You have it, and hill in FBI is the first concrete example of it.

And before you tell me that I don't see the problem from the other point of view, trust me I do. I spent lots of time going through the dungeon with people explaining me the mechanics, not only FBI but MSP, TONG, etc to CR. Now it's my turn to help people, and I do every time I can, even in RAQ. But when the team just can't pass it, because they don't get how it works, well it shouldn't complete it.

The fact is, FBI offers a bit of challenge, and you want to remove it. There is no real argument in favor of that:
    - The loot? The loot is fine for the dungeon, unbound stuff, rubies for T3, orange rings... Loot is correct.
    - The fact that it's old? The powercreep already makes the dungeon way easier than it was, it's enough.
    - The difficulty? It's a gap, a step into endgame. It's a way to learn to play better, not only your class but in synergy with others.
    please read carefully what he has posted today, espaicelly the part with:

And before you tell me that I don't see the problem from the other point of view, trust me I do. I spent lots of time going through the dungeon with people explaining me the mechanics, not only FBI but MSP, TONG, etc to CR. Now it's my turn to help people, and I do every time I can, even in RAQ. But when the team just can't pass it, because they don't get how it works, well it shouldn't complete it.
  • Options
    micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    Ok, so I've queued immediately when the bet was a go, waited longer for the queue to pop, than to actually do the dungeon. WEll actually 15 minutes until got in, i've accepted every-time it poped, dungeon took about half hour. We wiped at drufi at 0.53% health, due to me typing in guild chat saying Hi, and caught in ice.. (actually I think I was the most pleb there ,and got caught in every possible ice, sorry) but someone used a scroll (thank you stranger).

So what more you want? Want me to solo the hill climb? Get that snail moving, I'm waiting.
  • Options
    chemjeffchemjeff Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    I'm sorry, but I cannot understand the defense of a dungeon that is intentionally far harder than, say, CN, but with rewards that are on par, or even sometimes worse, than CN. It was defensible when it was the endgame dungeon, because that was where the endgame loot was. FBI is no longer an endgame dungeon.

There is still a significant amount of condescension aimed at those "lowbie players" who evidently don't deserve to finish a dungeon that offers nothing that they couldn't get from CN anyway. Think of what will happen if dungeons like FBI aren't modified. Why would any rational newer player think about tackling such a difficult dungeon when they can get three times the amount of rewards for doing any of the lower dungeons multiple times in the same amount of time? They won't learn the lesson that you think they ought to learn, because they will rationally avoid FBI entirely.
  • Options
    micky1p00 said:

Ok, so I've queued immediately when the bet was a go, waited longer for the queue to pop, than to actually do the dungeon. WEll actually 15 minutes until got in, i've accepted every-time it poped, dungeon took about half hour. We wiped at drufi at 0.53% health, due to me typing in guild chat saying Hi, and caught in ice.. (actually I think I was the most pleb there ,and got caught in every possible ice, sorry) but someone used a scroll (thank you stranger).

So what more you want? Want me to solo the hill climb? Get that snail moving, I'm waiting.

Where's your video?
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    chemjeff said:

Everything I have seen from you, demonstrates that you hold solo queuers in contempt, that they shouldn't even bother playing an MMO if they won't form premades. But hey, prove me wrong. Post your video solo queueing for FBI. Even if it's on your main and not your alt. Go ahead and let's see how it goes. I'm willing to bet that if you finish at all, it takes around 1 hour, even if you go on your main. Because I have solo queued for FBI many times, on my 17k DC and 16k GWF as well, and the ones that were successful, they have all taken about an hour to do. But hey, YOU are so experienced I am sure you can school us all about how we are all doing it wrong. And then get back to us about which dungeon has the best AD/time ratio.

chemjeff said:

micky1p00 said:

Where's your video?
    You bet me that I will complete it, and even if I do it will take at least an hour, or I rage quit.
    Get the snail ready, you get the video, it's 7.2gb, it's a week upload and I wont upload unless you get the snail ready.

• Options
    dupeks said:

chemjeff said:

I'm sorry, but I cannot understand the defense of a dungeon that is intentionally far harder than, say, CN, but with rewards that are on par, or even sometimes worse, than CN. It was defensible when it was the endgame dungeon, because that was where the endgame loot was. FBI is no longer an endgame dungeon.

FBI rewards are dramatically better than CN, as was pointed out before (more salvage and chance at unbound companion / mount / ward drops). Stop spreading misinformation please :)
    ALL dungeons have a chance to drop unbound rewards. And the extra salvage from one run doesn't make up for it if I can do 4 ETOS runs in the same amount of time.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    dupeks said:

chemjeff said:

FBI rewards are dramatically better than CN, as was pointed out before (more salvage and chance at unbound companion / mount / ward drops). Stop spreading misinformation please :)
    And the most important thing there is that the key is free, you get about 2k Ice per run which is the key cost, this is the main reason I've ran it almost daily before tomb. For CN keys you need to do ndemo or those nasty HEs or soemthing.
  • Options
    micky1p00 said:

chemjeff said:

Everything I have seen from you, demonstrates that you hold solo queuers in contempt, that they shouldn't even bother playing an MMO if they won't form premades. But hey, prove me wrong. Post your video solo queueing for FBI. Even if it's on your main and not your alt. Go ahead and let's see how it goes. I'm willing to bet that if you finish at all, it takes around 1 hour, even if you go on your main. Because I have solo queued for FBI many times, on my 17k DC and 16k GWF as well, and the ones that were successful, they have all taken about an hour to do. But hey, YOU are so experienced I am sure you can school us all about how we are all doing it wrong. And then get back to us about which dungeon has the best AD/time ratio.

chemjeff said:

micky1p00 said:

Where's your video?
    You bet me that I will complete it, and even if I do it will take at least an hour, or I rage quit.
    Get the snail ready, you get the video, it's 7.2gb, it's a week upload and I wont upload unless you get the snail ready.

I said "I'm willing to bet", I never agreed to precise terms for any bet. I certainly never agreed to a snail. And even with my "willing to bet", it was only in the amount of time that you would finish, not that you would attempt it at all. So, no. But, please, while we're waiting for your video to upload, tell us all how your solo queue experience for FBI went.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    chemjeff said:

micky1p00 said:

chemjeff said:

chemjeff said:

micky1p00 said:

Where's your video?

I said "I'm willing to bet", I never agreed to precise terms for any bet. I certainly never agreed to a snail. And even with my "willing to bet", it was only in the amount of time that you would finish, not that you would attempt it at all. So, no. But, please, while we're waiting for your video to upload, tell us all how your solo queue experience for FBI went.
    Do you have reading problems?

1. Yes, you said you are willing to bet, that it will take at least an hour, then I've asked:
    micky1p00 said:

chemjeff said:

Let's see your video.

chemjeff said:

But hey, prove me wrong. Post your video solo queueing for FBI. Even if it's on your main and not your alt.
    Go ahead and let's see how it goes. I'm willing to bet that if you finish at all, it takes around 1 hour, even if you go on your main. Because I have solo queued for FBI many times, on my 17k DC and 16k GWF as well, and the ones that were successful, they have all taken about an hour to do.

We are children on a dare... but sure...
    Because no matter how it goes, you will find an issue with it, I'll finish it fast, them I'm disconnected elitist, I'll finish it slow, I've failed, or something, lets indeed make it worthwhile, lets bet, if I do video and post, you send me a Legendary or Legacy Snail, goes?
    Or how about I solo the hill climb?

2. Your response was:
    chemjeff said:

Still waiting for your video.

Hence you agree to the terms.

3. Scroll up, I've described exactly how it went.
  • Options
    Well this wouldn't be the first time you misrepresented a conversation. Because I very clearly wrote:

Of course no bet. Post your video.

You didn't actually go, did you?
  • Options
    chemjeff said:

Well this wouldn't be the first time you misrepresented a conversation. Because I very clearly wrote:

That you wrote when I've already posted that I'm in, you can't retract after the fact, too late buddy, get the snail going.
    And go look at portabelo event time in game, and read my post again.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    chemjeff said:

Or better yet, on what you want to bet?

(This doesn't cancel claims for previous bets, only to add the bet that I did actually go, when stated, and as stated by me in earlier posts)
  • Options
    Whatever. You aren't serious. As before you just wanted to be deliberately argumentative with me. If you did go at all, hope you enjoyed your 10k in salvage and your unbound green companion worth 3k. Oh and of course your flawless sapphire.
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    Who cares what you get so long as you have fun playing the game and running the dungeon?
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    chemjeff said:

Whatever. You aren't serious. As before you just wanted to be deliberately argumentative with me. If you did go at all, hope you enjoyed your 10k in salvage and your unbound green companion worth 3k. Oh and of course your flawless sapphire.

It is you that dragged the conversation about my video and not about anything, specifically insulting and diverting from any suggestions or arguments about the topic that doesn't support you. So blinded by your petty hate. So I have a video, so now you back-paddle, what is that you want?
    You do not read anything that disagrees with you, you only insult, and keep going, go back and actually read. Maybe you understand that people suggest how to make the expiriance better, and faster.

People disagree with you, so they must be evil elitist in their how you called it, club something, I'm still waiting to hear about that, I at least have to know the requirements to get there..

On another note, you say I'm laying and didn't go, then lets bet..

Btw here you confirm that you did agree to the bet:
    chemjeff said:

micky1p00 said:

chemjeff said:

Then no video. Snail, you get video. Stand up for your word, you asked to bet.
    My bet was about how long it would take, not whether you would even attempt it at all. Not the first time you've misrepresented a conversation.

"My bet was about how long it would take"

Yes, and it took less than an hour, re-encoding to lower quality right now.
  • Options
    helric9helric9 Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    IS IT TIME TO CLOSE THIS THREAD YET?

• Options
    edited September 2018
    chemjeff said:

Well congratulations @micky1p00 for successfully derailing and smashing this discussion into the ground. Can't have heretics like me expressing forbidden opinions. We must have the non-elitist gatekeepers of Approved Neverwinter Thought(tm) ever vigilant to stamp out such remarks.

No no, don't drop it on me, I've responded to the topic, responding to questions and concerns, it is on you when each response of yours was "Where is the video". So you get the topic on the video, congratulations.
    You have no one to blame but yourself.
  • Options
    mushellkamushellka Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 357 Arc User
    Before they close the thread, I will gladly watch your video, micky1p00.
    Maybe I will also learn something.
    And no, I do not bet about anything. It's childish.
    Many people read this thread.
    In my opinion, you will lose credibility if you dont share the vid.
    Better to feed the troll than listen to the idiot .
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    micky1p00 said:

chemjeff said:

Well congratulations @micky1p00 for successfully derailing and smashing this discussion into the ground. Can't have heretics like me expressing forbidden opinions. We must have the non-elitist gatekeepers of Approved Neverwinter Thought(tm) ever vigilant to stamp out such remarks.

No no, don't drop it on me, I've responded to the topic, responding to questions and concerns, it is on you when each response of yours was "Where is the video". So you get the topic on the video, congratulations.
    Oh the rest of us were having a reasonably polite conversation when you decided to insert yourself into the conversation, and use nominal discussions of the topic as a vehicle to just argumentatively disagree with me. You brought up irrelevant drama from our previous conversations, you insulted me, you demanded an absurd bribe for an ordinary request, you constantly misrepresented and mischaracterized my conversation and my argument, and then you have the gall to blame ME for why this conversation descended into acrimony. Look, we all get it at this point. You hate me, you cannot stand me, you are going to find whatever reason you can to disagree with me at every chance you get, all the while passively-aggressively just pretending that "oh I'm just engaging in dialogue". Well congratulations. You got what you really wanted. You ended the conversation by blowing the whole thing up.
  • Options
    wilbur626 said:

Cant wait to see this vid

There is no video.
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    Why should there be a video when you say there was no bet in the first place?
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    chemjeff said:

wilbur626 said:

There is no video.
    You are so sure, then lets bet..
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    wilbur626 said:

mushellka said:

Before they close the thread, I will gladly watch your video, micky1p00.
    Maybe I will also learn something.
    And no, I do not bet about anything. It's childish.
    Many people read this thread.
    In my opinion, you will lose credibility if you dont share the vid.

I wouldn't have asked for you to bet, ofc, he is the one offered.

PMed, I'll wait for the bet of "there is no actual video"..
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    chemjeff said:

micky1p00 said:

chemjeff said:

Oh the rest of us were having a reasonably polite conversation when you decided to insert yourself into the conversation, and use nominal discussions of the topic as a vehicle to just argumentatively disagree with me. You brought up irrelevant drama from our previous conversations, you insulted me, you demanded an absurd bribe for an ordinary request, you constantly misrepresented and mischaracterized my conversation and my argument, and then you have the gall to blame ME for why this conversation descended into acrimony. Look, we all get it at this point. You hate me, you cannot stand me, you are going to find whatever reason you can to disagree with me at every chance you get, all the while passively-aggressively just pretending that "oh I'm just engaging in dialogue". Well congratulations. You got what you really wanted. You ended the conversation by blowing the whole thing up.
    1. If you didn't get it up to this point, I actually disagree with the notion of nerfing the climb on FBI, as I've wrote in detail multiple times, it will create worse experience to players, going forwards, the entire difficulty curve should be adjusted, and not by making everything easy, but to make it linear, so there are no gaps large enough for people to want to cut their wrists and quit. Creating a gap between FBI and Tomb doesn't help anyone.

2. You, from the start dismissed any argument or suggestion, mine and others. How anyone should interpret this polite reply:
    chemjeff said:

micky1p00 said:

And considering the reason for the nerf was crying and whining, I'm now providing an established working reason of crying and whining to buff it.

So why not buff EToS/EGWD/ECC too? Let's make those much harder, you know, to "toughen up" those solo queue players. Why not?
    Was it a real questions? Or just a dismissive post... No need to answer that..
    I'll admit that your dismissive posts are more subtle than my blunt ways, but insulting and derailing nonetheless.

3. Gall to blame you? Who is the one that responded to actual on-topic posts with "where is the video" like it has any relevance?
    You derailed the thread, I even waited and didn't respond to that video nonsense, and tried to return to topic, but you insisted, and replied again and again with the video, so video it is. You got the topic you have asked for. Do not blame me for your requests.

4. I'm still waiting for the explanation about my exclusive club, grubby hands, and riff raff.

5. You asked an absurd request, that I will video, and upload, and for what? It has no relevance to any point Iv'e made, I've said that people will be more prepared to FBI if CN had old orcus -> more prepeared = faster and easier run, so what the point asking me to run it? As I've wrote, so you can find some excuse to dismiss my point without anything actually relevant to it.
    And you were willing to bet, so bet you got, it was your request, not mine.

6. I do not hate you, this is your problem, where you attribute to me things you know nothing about, refuse to listen to anything, and just frothing blind with hate. I mostly pity I think, that people can be so single mindlessly, can't find the proper word, envy/hateful or whatever you have for everyone who is more geared (btw you are more geared than me) and ever showed understanding of some aspect of the game (god forbid someone tried to explain someone something).

7. I don't passively aggressively engage in dialog, I'm aggressively engaging in an argument, and if you warn't been dismissive and addressed points, I would have done the same. Arguments are not a bad thing, they are the fastest way to learn something, if people actually try to address points and provide arguments. You tried the passive-aggressive-dismissive, and then when it didn't work, derailed it into non-relevant video, like it change anything.

8. case in point, you are still at it:
    chemjeff said:

wilbur626 said:

There is no video.