August Extended Maintenance
ALL PLATFORMS - August 9, 5am-12pm PT [COMPLETED]
Xbox One - August 14, 5am-1pm PT [COMPLETED]
PS4 - August 16, 5am-1pm PT
Ideas for CW Rework/Balance
A few suggestions and ideas if the devs decide to ever rework/balance CW. Basic
- Increase all damage of powers by ~35%.
- Remove the if it Crits on the first hit, it will always crit from all powers. Let each hit determine whether its going to crit or not. Its really annoying when you have 97% Crit chance and Cast a non Critting Icy Terrain.
- Arcane Stacks: Increase the damage per stack from 3% to 4%.
- Chilling Cloud: Widen the 3rd Cast AOE to 10' and increase its target cap which is currently at 3 or something to 5.
- Storm Pillar: Make this an Encounter like At Will. So its an almost instant Cast Fully Charged Pillar with a small Cooldown of like 3 Seconds. As it is at the moment, its very clunky and situational. Also let the Arcs Crit and widen the Arc AOE to 12' up from 8'.
- Magic Missiles: Let the 3/4/5 hits count as individual hits. At the moment they count as 1 hit when it comes to procing powers.
- Projectile Type Powers: Maybe bring back the ability to move while casting them.
- Entangling Force: Let this be a DoT that works similarly to Conduit of Ice where it can proc things more than once. This will make it more competitive with CoI.
- Arcane Singularity: Reverse the Target Cap nerf introduced a lots mods ago, put it back up to 15. It is currently at 8.
- Ice Storm: Increase its target cap of 5 to 10.
- Chilling Presence: Decrease the damage per Stack from 2% to 1%. Makes this Feature less mandatory for damage
- Arcane Presence: Increase the amount it allows you to benefit from Arcane Mastery to +50% per Rank
- Arcane Powerfield: Lower its tick rate to once every 0.6 seconds and let it last 6 seconds.
- Storm Fury: Always activates when you are struck.
- Frost Wave: Should be totally reworked. Possibly make it so it increases stats. ie Max HP +3% per rank, deflect chance +2% per rank and life steal chance +2% per rank.
- Shatter Strike: Its a good power than needs a bit of a buff to get it similar to other classes Capstones.
- Suggestion: Increase its 'Shatter Strike' component to deal 65% Weapon Damage and remove the 'control' part of the tooltip. Let the 'Shatter' Component Scale properly like other powers. Also let this ability to be triggered again without having to remove Chill and having to Freeze the targets again.
- Controlled Momentum: Change the buff to 3/6/9/12/15%.
- Alacrity: Up its Chance to happen. It seems kinda low when I tried it.
- Cold Infusion: Up its debuff to 2/4/8/10%.
- Chilling Control: Really bad when you have Icy Veins. Suggestion: Using Sudden Storm grants you 2/4/6/8/10% of your max AP.
- Assailant: The problem with this power is that it doesn't crit and doesn't scale with CA and its not great in AOE situations. Given that the current most current Capstone or near Capstone feats contribute to around 25% of your overall damage, this needs a bit of a rework. Suggestion: To bring back a bit of consistency with CW Powers, it would be nice if this power had a 100% chance to proc against all targets on every hit and tick of powers. Its damage should be reduced to around ~120% Weapon damage and should be able to Crit and work with CA. It should also be ~70% less effective when used with AOE Powers.
- Elemental Empowerment: The Creeping Frost element is fine how it is, but the Warped Magics part seems a bit broken, it doesn't scale in the same way Creeping Frost does. Suggestion: Warped Magics should ignore half of the targets resistance and not ignore half of the debuffs on the target, just like the tooltip says. In addition to that, maybe both Creeping Frost and Warped Magics should grant a 1/2/3/4/5% damage buff on target that lasts for the duration of the power. As both CP and WM cannot stack, this wont either.
- Transcendent Master: Kinda useless since Shard and IR have been made unused. Suggestion Increases your Maximum Arcane Stacks by 1/2/3/4/5.
- Far Spell: There is no use for increasing the Range of Powers. Suggestion: Increase the Radius of AOE Powers by 2/4/6/8/10ft.
- Snap Freeze: Really bad. Suggestion: Flip it so its 2/4/6/8/10% more damage vs targets afflicted with chill.
- Abyss of Chaos: Should be allowed to Critically Strike and Scale with all buffs just like any other power.
- Unrestrained Chaos: Additionally hitting a target with MoC grants allies 2/4/6/8/10% of their max hp as a shield
- Energy Recovery: 25% chance on 3rd Cast of Chilling Cloud to give 3 nearby allies 5/10/15/20/25% of their HP as Temp HP.
Please keep this discussion about CW!