test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

To the Devs, A Fleshed out Suggestion for PVP Rewards

trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
edited January 2018 in PvP Discussion
A lot of the recent feedback from PVPers relates to addressing class and general PVP balance. This is of course a major concern but there is something else the devs could do to help PVP in the meantime that is less complex, faster acting, and also widely requested. Assuming you are still with us, I strongly suggest making a rewards pass in the next round of PVP changes. This will increase the PVP population by luring more players into doing PVP again. Even in PVP's unbalanced state, if the rewards are tempting enough and people don't feel forced into PVP, they will come.

I have written out a fleshed out plan the devs could use as a guide for improving PVP rewards. I don't expect all of this to be implemented but even just some of this would go a long way towards improving PVP. In this plan, I have put the most focus into improving rewards gained on a win since this is the simplest way to increase both competition and participation and to deter botters and moochers from setting up shop. I have also made sure to include plans for guantlgrym, siege, and PVP currency rewards that would be enough to get people to que for these two types of PVP again. Note: This plan was originally written for a different thread. I have since deleted my post from that thread and moved it here:

Siege PVP Rewards:

Update the rewards you get for winning a siege match. The updated participation weekly is a great addition to siege PVP but the reward for actually winning siege also badly needs an update. Here is my suggestion for updating the victory prize:

Make 10 to 20 conqueror's shards a guaranteed reward on a win if they weren't already. This could have a weekly cap if need be, maybe 60 a week.

Make siege grant only epic strongholds vouchers instead of blue and green vouchers when you win a siege match.

Make siege grant 3k refinement points on a win.

Dramatically reduce the cost of acquiring lionsmane PVP gear. Lionsmane gear is very outdated but people still like using it as a transmute.

Make it so there is a rare chance for an unbound class appropriate lionsmane PVP gear peice to drop when you win a siege match. This drop should be fairly rare but not super rare.

Make it so there is a rare chance for an unbound class appropriate tier 1 strongholds weapon to drop on a win. This drop should be fairly rare but not super rare.

Make it so there is a super rare chance for an unbound class appropriate tier 2 strongholds weapon to drop on a win. The droprate for this should be the same as that of a legendary ring.

Guantlgrym PVP Rewards:

Give guantlgrym a weekly participation rewards quest that is similar to the one that was just implemented for SH siege PVP.

Add a small number of conqueror's shards of power to the rewards you get for winning a guantlgrym match. I recommend making this number much less than what can be gained via siege PVP but still decent. Make it so you only gain the shards for winning a match and you can continue winning shards up to a weekly cap. For example, lets say you gain 5 shards every single time you win a guantlgrym match up to a weekly cap of 30.

Make guantlgrym grant 1.5k refinement points on a win.

Make it so there is a rare chance for a peice of class appropriate unbound outdated PVP gear to drop on a win. This should include any PVP gear set that is still available but not best in slot. This drop should be somewhat rare but not super rare.

There should be a very rare chance for an unbound peice of class appropriate best in slot PVP gear to drop on a win. This should be a rarer drop than the outdated PVP gear pieces but not legendary rare.

Make it so there is a super rare chance for a piece of an unbound previously discontinued class appropriate PVP gear set to drop on a win. This should include the old profound PVP gear set along with other missing sets. This should drop as frequently as a legendary ring would elseware. Another option would be to take the discontinued PVP sets and move them to the same PVP vendor that sells other previously discontinued PVP sets.

Give grym coins relevance again so people actually want them for something besides turning into glory and have added incentive to que for GG PVP instead of just doing domination PVP. I have written specifics on this in the section right under this one:

Grym Coins, Glory, and Seals of Triumph Rewards:

@aleblain had the brilliant idea to add grym coins to the cost requirements for buying the new strategist's PVP gear. Its too late to implement this for the strategist's PVP set but I strongly recommend implementing this idea for any future PVP sets that get released.

An idea of my own is to make it so you can purchase the Howler (rare) and Heavy Howler (epic) mounts using a combination of grym coins, glory, and seals of triumph. Its a throwback to the armored howlers you had to collect barding for in the old guantlgrym system and I'm sure PVPers would love the ability to buy mounts for PVP currency.

Several people also suggested allowing you to buy ultimate/superior marks of potency/enchanting stones for glory but I think this idea would work better if done for grym coins. Glory could be used to purchase lower ranks of enchanting stones/marks of potency and grym coins could be used to purchase higher ranks of enchanting stones/marks of potency.

Other desirable rewards being made purchasable for grym coins and/or glory would also be welcomed, ideally things that are worth buying more than once and keep people comming back for more. Coal wards, pres wards, rank 8 enchantments, campiagn currency, ect would all be worth considering.

Domination PVP Rewards:

Make domination grant 750 refinement points on a win.

Make it so there is a rare chance for a peice of class appropriate unbound outdated PVP gear to drop on a win. This should include any PVP gear set that is still available but not best in slot. This drop should be somewhat rare but not super rare.

There should be a very rare chance for an unbound peice of class appropriate best in slot PVP gear to drop on a win. This should be a rarer drop than the outdated PVP gear pieces but not legendary rare.

Make it so there is a super rare chance for a piece of an unbound previously discontinued class appropriate PVP gear set to drop on a win. This should include the old profound PVP gear set along with other missing sets. This should drop as frequently as a legendary ring would elseware. Another option would be to take the discontinued PVP sets and move them to the same PVP vendor that sells other previously discontinued PVP sets.

The Neverwinter Combat League:

This event was well received by the PVP community but for some reason, it got discontinued. A ton of PVP players have been asking for this event to be brought back. I think this event should be turned into a year round event. Every 3 or 6 months, the rewards should be changed and the leaderboard should get refreshed. Here is my breakdown of what rewards this event should have:

There should be a seasonal unbound epic or legendary mount you can win by being among the top scoring PVPers of that season. This should always be a new never before seen mount.

There should be a less fancy looking seasonal epic mount that you can buy from the NCL store. Unlike the top prize mount, this store bought mount can be a mount that already exists in the game.

There should be a seasonal brand new set of PVP transmutes (gear and weapon) that you can buy in the NCL store or obtain as a rare drop when doing PVP matches. Pieces you buy from the NCL store should be bound to character. Pieces that drop in PVP matches should be unbound.

There should be some smaller rewards you can get from the NCL store as well but these could be made permanantly avalable to save effort.

A quick note on the veteran PVP campaign:

Many players have requested Cryptic to update the old PVP campaign with better rewards. The boons are horribly outdated and the rewards are too lackluster to motivate anyone to chase after them. I won't go into detail on this but I also support this idea.

On AD Rewards in PVP:

AD is currently granted as a participation reward for both winning and losing PVP matches. This is extremely problematic because it is the AD that attracts botters and moochers. Despite the fact that farming PVP manually for AD is very inefficient compared to doing PVE for AD, this hasn't stopped many moochers from doing it anyway. Moochers are commonly encountered in domination and are a nuisance to real PVPers. To fix this, I highly recommend implementing one of the 2 following options:

#1) Remove AD from all PVP loot tables.

#2) Make it so you can only get PVP AD from winning matches and raise the amount of AD granted per win.
--
PVP Rogue,
--[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
----------------------------------------------------------------
Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
Platform: PC
Post edited by trgluestickz on

Comments

• stollebub#3205 stollebub Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    really good ideas, that would be awesome :) Since I enjoy pvp very much, I hope that devs will think about it.
  • aixis2000aixis2000 Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    ...if u put AD/good rewards only on the winning side u have to make sure only solo que with no way to exploit is possible....or it would only benefit a small amount of player and all pvp is dead in no time
  • stollebub#3205 stollebub Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    aixis2000 said:

...if u put AD/good rewards only on the winning side u have to make sure only solo que with no way to exploit is possible....or it would only benefit a small amount of player and all pvp is dead in no time

then give the loosing team a small amount of rewards, shouldnt be a problem. But the basic idea is what matters
    edited January 2018
    @stollebub...the basic idea should be having a healthy pvp with a growing pool of new players and yes also get some rewards for ur time but not being farmed the whole day by a few unbeatable teams...doin maybe 20 matches in a row with the only result is a "e" ... how long u think ppl sacrifice themselves to the benefit of a few player? And btw we had this all in the past ...premades rofl stomping pugs to farm rewards all day...Siege/GG/Dom...rinse and repeat.

@trgluestickz ..Im not against ur suggestions but I think we need a better formula than the winner takes it all...
    Post edited by aixis2000 on
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    These are really good ideas, I'm pretty much in pvp constantly atm. which makes me poor. Agree however about the rolfstomp premade teams, but a good randomizer queue system should make up for a lot of it.

Basically a pve player has the means to generate x amount of ad per day, there should be some means for pvp players to do the same.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    aixis2000 said:

I don't think solo que exploitation would become numerous enough to completely kill PVP. While there are small sections of the PVP community that do sync solo que, it is still widely frowned upon. You do however raise a good point about the solo que, leaving it in an exploitable state would still be a big problem that should be addressed alongside a PVP rewards pass. The devs should add a randomizer into the ques that rearranges the teams after everyone has accepted the que. Doing this would ensure that solo que would be no longer be able to be exploited by premades and thus players who don't want to encounter a premade won't have to worry about that anymore.

As for the mixed PVP que, premades obliterating weaker teams will continue to be a thing. This would be the case whether there are good rewards or not. I do think a rewards pass where most rewards are gated behind winning would mean there would be an uptick of troll comps and premades in the mixed que thanks to a population rise. However, when compared to the benifits of gating most rewards behind winning, this con is pretty small. The alternative to gating most things behind winning is gating a few more good rewards behind losing but I think this would end up worse than gating most rewards behind a win. Keep in mind that more participation rewards also won't get rid of the premades, if there is an option to win and get rewards and an option to lose and get rewards, premades will still premade since winning feels good.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    @trgluestickz ..I agree with u in all....what I mean is only the worst case scenario: u put something really valuable as reward and for the win only ...worse: also with a small chance to get ...say like in tong the UEM´s....ppl will make sure they win every time + they wanna use their time as effective as possible to counter the small chance of getting the reward...that type of farming I mean...
    edited January 2018
    aixis2000 said:

@trgluestickz ..I agree with u in all....what I mean is only the worst case scenario: u put something really valuable as reward and for the win only ...worse: also with a small chance to get ...say like in tong the UEM´s....ppl will make sure they win every time + they wanna use their time as effective as possible to counter the small chance of getting the reward...that type of farming I mean...

Yes, this more aggressive pug farming would probably come back, you need a balance pass in order to come close to fixing that outcome for the mixed que. What I am trying to get at is that if you improve PVP rewards significantly, regardless of whether or not they are participation or win only rewards, it will increase pug farming in the mixed que. There is simply no way around this con so I'm voting for mostly win only rewards since its the best option. If neither option reduces this con significantly or comes without this con, then we should go with whichever option has the best pros.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
  • theguiidotheguiido Member Posts: 467 Arc User
    These changes are awesome!

I would also like to see ways for Support spec'd players to have a different ways to earn the boons, because like you said, it's outdated and many people are missing huge amounts of stats in PvP.
    Proteus
    Guardian Fighter
    TLO
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1221446/the-future-of-the-gf/p1 Existing Problems Still In The Guardian Fighter

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/comment/12984912m
    Feat Changes I'd like to see in The Guardian Fighter
    edited January 2018

aixis2000 said:

then give the loosing team a small amount of rewards, shouldnt be a problem. But the basic idea is what matters
    Just to clarify, I did make a few of the items on that list participation rewards, I don't want losing players to get nothing but I do think the reward for winning a match should far exceed what you get for losing a match so there is more incentive to make an effort to win. With the exception of the AD reward, everything else currently awarded on a lose should be kept. This means you will still receive a little bit of glory on a lose, which a losing player can save up to buy items from the updated PVP stores with. I also sugested giving guantlgrym its own participation quest similar to the one for siege.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
  • kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    we need to talk about rewards as well as the penalties to discourage bad pvp behaviour

Need to be able to kick in pvp but limited per day or you get one for free kick vote every X matches say 10 for example so it is not abused ..or no kicking at all..

rewards that are attainable and Unique to 5v5 or solo Q Gg etc . and some that you must have qed for solo and or a mix of events (random pvp Q with auto roll filling and item level matching ).....this will stop the stompers on xbox ps4 pc that think they are good cause they never have lost a match yet are not brave enough to solo Q for risk of getting trolled/ killed in a match cause they want to be an immortal troll or dont want discover they are not as good as they thought they were ..

bonuses for a winning teams with no disconnects or player replacements ..
    bonuses for taking the Q on the first pop (bravery )
    penalties to rewards for constantly declining the Q (cowardice) or disable declining all together
    rewards for playing non flavor of the month classes :D
    better rewards for longer matches (in minutes ) less rewards for shorter blowout matches

rewards for having at least 1 kill or 1 death per match and 3 caps ..should help people try way more ...and stop that campers from trying to preserve dying and sabotage their team cause if they dont give it thier all and risk dying once then why should they get good rewards either for their bad selfish playing style behaviours ...this should also help the stigma of people not wanting to target people from their own alliance or guild

if you dont satisfy at least 2 or 3 of the criteria and show poor sportsmanship then no rewards at all for you plain and simple as that

players staying at the campfire for more then 40 seconds get randomly ejected or pushed out

add pvp potions and usable potions to the reward drops tables
    create unique amour kits for pvp only that are craft able or drop as rewards ... the better more unique ones being rarer
    power points as rewards ...
    coins as rewards
    bonus glory lumps as rewards
    a clicky item that randomly select and uses a random class daily ... you never know ... :D
    cursed items that are actually worth using with drawbacks ....
    rewards token of kicking lol :D
    insignia or mount bonuses/ mounts that are unique to pvp
    rewards that speed up the building of special pvp structures to help pve guilds catch up that complain about pvp structures unfairly adding to item level lol and that they will never need them ...
    new pvp rings with a set bonus or revamp the old pvp rings with set bonuses
    handicaped mode where all your stats are halved yet rewards are doubled : D
    rewards for Q as 5 different classes
    (this should also be a solution to pve and temple of the nine if a team of 5 different classes q the rewards loot in the chest should be greater )

penalty for have 2 of the same classes

a reward that lets you slot in a power to a mount regardless if you have legendary or not
    very unbalanced people that have mounts with powers and people that dont

custom overloads that are pvp only as rewards / purchasable with reward currency
    or rewards that let you unlock the powers on your offhand and main hand without the gamble RNG bs

temp weapon and armour enchants that are rank 12 13 14 with very limited special duration / conditions
    I can think of more ......editing for later

pvp weapons should not be as rare as a + 5 ring drop cause you need 2 to make a set ... also if they drop are they specific to your class or can you trade them in ..or get screwed with stuff you cant use which would be a mistake
    are they bound to character account to on pickup and sellable / tradeable

maybe it should be a token so you can get what you want eventually and / or save up for it worst case
    Post edited by kalina311 on
    edited January 2018
    here is what will happen with no kick and good rewards

a couple people will dual box accounts and then sit and do nothing in the match sabotaging the match
    and since you cant kick them ...well you get the message someone will be stacking the deck in their favor for rewards
    by deploying dud alts to sabotage matches (or play the match they have the best chance it and do nothing in the othe r one )if get in on the opposing side and if that alt character appear on their side on thier own team oh well ... hopefully rewards for the next match ....this will also create a toxic environment

players that do nothing in camp for multiple matches in a row and dont comedown should be blocked from Qing all together./.

players with too many declines within a certain period should also being shown the same lack of curtasy and be blocked

a players that fails to cap a node even once in the match = 0 rewards

PLAYERS USING DOUBLE DAILIES/ CANCeLING IN PVP SHOULD HAVE IT APPEAR I OVER THIER HEAD THAT THEY USED 2 DAILES AND get negative rewards /rewards deducted for exploiting .. or the devs can fix the double dailies animation canceling for pvp and pve
    \
    player jumping / exploiting into enemy spawn camp rewards are set to 0 and banned from Qing for a week etc
    they used to get a ban for doing this by the way folks also in GG YES PLAYERS USED TO GET BANNED FOR GOING INTO THE SPAWN CAMPS IN GG PVP TILL THEY FIXED THE MAP .
    certain "elite players" on xbox and ps4 do it all the time and rune it/ make it toxic for other and are proud

there has to be very very serious penalties for people trying to rune it for others
    edited January 2018
    kalina311 said:

add pvp potions and usable potions to the reward drops tables
    create unique amour kits for pvp only that are craft able or drop as rewards ... the better more unique ones being rarer
    power points as rewards ...
    coins as rewards
    bonus glory lumps as rewards
    a clicky item that randomly select and uses a random class daily ... you never know ... :D
    cursed items that are actually worth using with drawbacks ....
    rewards token of kicking lol :D
    insignia or mount bonuses/ mounts that are unique to pvp
    rewards that speed up the building of special pvp structures to help pve guilds catch up that complain about pvp structures unfairly adding to item level lol and that they will never need them ...

a reward that lets you slot in a power to a mount regardless if you have legendary or not
    very unbalanced people that have mounts with powers and people that dont

custom overloads that are pvp only as rewards / purchasable with reward currency
    or rewards that let you unlock the powers on your offhand and main hand without the gamble RNG bs

temp weapon and armour enchants that are rank 12 13 14 with very limited special duration / conditions
    I can think of more ......editing for later

pvp weapons should not be as rare as a + 5 ring drop cause you need 2 to make a set ... also if they drop are they specific to your class or can you trade them in ..or get screwed with stuff you cant use which would be a mistake

maybe it should be a token so you can get what you want eventually and / or save up for it worst case

Most of these look good but there are a few items on this list that we need to be careful with:

If by "coins", you mean gold that absolutely must be a win only prize if it became a prize at all, otherwise bot city.

"a clicky item that randomly select and uses a random class daily." This could be good or bad if this became a reward. It depends partly on how often it can be used, it should have a very long cooldown to ensure no abuse or issues with powercreep. It also would need to be tested thoroughly before release, I get a feeling an item like this would be a prime candidate for introducing the next god awful exploitable PVP bug.

"a reward that lets you slot in a power to a mount regardless if you have legendary or not" I don't think this would help the little guy as much as you think, a prize that good would likely be very difficult to obtain and would disproportionately end up in the hands of already powerful players. If it was easier to obtain, it would lead to legendary mounts losing a lot of their value and Cryptic is unlikely to agree to it for monetary reasons.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

... when you win a siege match.

... on a win.

Dramatically reduce the cost of acquiring lionsmane PVP gear. Lionsmane gear is very outdated but people still like using it as a transmute.

.... drop when you win a siege match.

... drop on a win.

... to drop on a win.

... on a win.

... drop on a win.

... drop on a win.

...drop on a win.

... on a win.

... drop on a win. .

.. drop on a win.

... drop on a win.

... you can win by being among the top scoring PVPers of that season.

AD is currently granted as a participation reward for both winning and losing PVP matches. This is extremely problematic because it is the AD that attracts botters and moochers. Despite the fact that farming PVP manually for AD is very inefficient compared to doing PVE for AD, this hasn't stopped many moochers from doing it anyway. Moochers are commonly encountered in domination and are a nuisance to real PVPers. To fix this, I highly recommend implementing one of the 2 following options:

#2) Make it so you can only get PVP AD from winning matches and raise the amount of AD granted per win.

By only providing rewards "on a win", you will not increase the population of PvP.

edited January 2018

... when you win a siege match.

... on a win.

.... drop when you win a siege match.

... drop on a win.

... to drop on a win.

... on a win.

... drop on a win.

... drop on a win.

...drop on a win.

... on a win.

... drop on a win. .

.. drop on a win.

... drop on a win.

... you can win by being among the top scoring PVPers of that season.

By only providing rewards "on a win", you will not increase the population of PvP.

I did not "only" provide rewards on a win, I already explained this in one of my other posts in this thread. The only nerf I made to current loser rewards was the AD prize. You still get glory and with my sugested glory store rework, players who lose a lot of matches will still be able to save up glory to buy some of the updated rewards. I also sugested giving guantlgrym a participation quest similar to the one for siege.

Also even if all rewards were granted only on a win, the population would still go up. I don't recommend taking it to that extreame since you don't really need to though. The only people you would lose are the sort who AFK for quick cash. Some of the veteran community would return and more newcommers would start doing PVP. Few if any players who are actively playing PVP are going to lose every single match they do so they will still get to reap the win rewards some of the time.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    edited January 2018
    @trgluestickz
    maybe free unbind enchantment tokens (instead of costing gold ) would also be good cause gold drains really fast when you are swapping enchantments on equipment for pvp and pve also a flaw in the system ..ya i know there is not much to spend gold on in the game but for someone new to pvp or pve they get trapped into being unable to swap enchants cause of the cost or forced to destroy lower ones that they could other wise refine for rps

I had to give a new returning pvp player 100 gold just to get started
    alsolike i said in a few thread possible default loadouts tabs for people new to pvp or are pve speced ..that have no clue how to build for it an what powers gear to use etc .and want to try it out again and not screw thier team

nah i meant more Gg coins as rewards
    nah I just meant for the devs to design some new clickys on the tool bar for pvp only ..was just giving some random example
    as far as the mount power bonues go it would have be mid range like blue quality not to upset other dual use pvp or pve mounts or devalue them .... or usable in pvp specific only like the new pvp armor bonuses they introduced level 510 pvp equipment but it is only that level with power active in pvp not to devalue the grind that people had to go for for level 500 items (hundreds of tong runs ) .. which is the theme here not devaluing stuff in pve and not making pvp unfairly grinded wasting other pve peoples efforts

active mount power bonuses / powers would be non tradeable and bound to character and usable only in pvp and or half as effective in pve and could be some of the rewards to save up for ..in the pvp glory shop
    edited January 2018
    @kalina311

A lot of your que rework/reward this/penalize that ideas would be impractically complicated to implement, unneeded, or harmful.
    I have however gone through your post and picked out the better ones. Some of these are good ideas on paper but could be better accomplished a different way. Here is my take on these ideas:

Removing the cooldown for vote kicking players in PVP.
    I agree that the cooldown for kicking a player in PVP should be removed.

A ban system for spawn camp jumpers.
    Instead of creating a ban system for those who jump into the enemy spawn camp, Cryptic should just fix the glitch that allows you to do that in the first place. An auto ban system would likely take up more resources than just fixing the glitch would and might malfunction. A vetted ban system would be at best flawed and at worst, would lead to either no action being taken against the exploiter or it would lead to people attempting to frame people they dislike.

A reward bonus for taking the que on the first pop.
    This is a good idea on paper, I hope there is a way to get it to work. It would speed up PVP match making some and would be a good thing to implement in PVE too. There is one major flaw with this idea though. It would probably be easy to get around by simply unqueing right after each decline and then requeing so the bonus resets.

Players who decline the que pop too many times within X time frame are banned from queing for Y amount of time.
    This would make it harder for premades to que into the solo que. It would also make it harder for premades in the mixed que to deliberately avoid other premades. This idea is a decent preventive measure to consider but it wouldn't be bulletproof and I'm not sure if its worth the trouble. If this was done at all, it would be best to implement this idea alongside a randomizer that reshuffles the teams after everyone has accepted the que.

As for encouraging more teamwork and less self-serving behavior in PVP, here are some ideas that would likely work better for this purpose:

#1) Make it so there is a reward bonus if most of the kills you made in a match were made while standing on a node. Also, add a title you can win by getting the majority of your kills on node for X number of matches. So support classes can get in on the action as well, there should be another reward bonus and a title for doing the majority of your healing, buffing, and damage taking while on node.

#2) someone suggested elsewhere that there should be a basic PVP tutorial available. This tutorial should include important basics on how to best help your team. (going to 2 at the begining of a match, the basics of how to rotate, fighting on node when possible, ect.)

#3) Add more categories to the leaderboard scores. Here are a few good options for new categories:
    -- Kills on node and kills off node should be made into separate scores.
    -- All scores should be grouped by the location they were made in. As an example, if you got 50 kills/102 deaths in the private que, 800 kills/4 deaths in the solo que, and 36 kills/20 deaths in guantlgrym, the leaderboard would list them all separately.
    -- Add more support class friendly categories.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    I just realized I forgot to summon the devs to this thread, I addressed this thread to the devs specifically but I dunno how often they visit the PVP forums. Here are the dev handles, many of these are random since we don't know who is working on what:

--
    PVP Rogue,
    edited January 2018
    oh ya a lot of my ideas are simply to encourage a reaction and to tempt player discussion
    or to propose a ridiculous idea to deliberately highlight when something should have been fixed since mod 1 (players getting into spawn for example ..
    at least some of them were funny for the readers : D or the devs..

perhaps there should be no ability to decline the q pop at all how is that for simple to implement : P
    edited January 2018
    kalina311 said:

oh ya a lot of my ideas are simply to encourage a reaction and to tempt player discussion
    or to propose a ridiculous idea to deliberately highlight when something should have been fixed since mod 1 (players getting into spawn for example ..
    at least some of them were funny for the readers : D or the devs..

perhaps there should be no ability to decline the q pop at all how is that for simple to implement : P

Making it so you can't decline a popped que is also a good option to consider. I'm not sure which of your 2 que decline ideas would be easier to implement though. This idea does have a flaw in that que group leaders could que you for stuff without your permission. This means if your que leader ques you for something and the que pops before you react, you would be forced to either do the run, hope they kick you, or take a leaver penalty. This would mean Cryptic might need to invest some resources into creating a safeguard. For example, they could make it so a window pops up when the que leader trys to que you for something that asks for the whole que group's permission first.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    edited January 2018
    or instead or generically saying waiting in Queue...waiting for map . ...it actually says which Q / Qs lol waiting In PVP Q appears on the screen Qol suggestion ..or that you cannot dual Q for pve and pvp stuff at the same time

or a player checks off a box cannot be sabotage Qed for pvp under his preference auto teaming settings/ oe Q page / etc and will say a player does not meet the requirements..when leader tries to Q

or actually the reverse a new player that does nothing already has that toggled on
    and pvp player in the know would toggle it off in order to Q in accept with no decline mode ..or would have team members instruct him where to toggle it

or leader has initiated undeclinable pvp Q accept / decline

ya player goes afk after a dungeon run and the next thing he knows he is in a pvp match lol
  • exgardianexgardian Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    Why not adding some old items (unbound of course) that no drop anymore (Infernal set, Dragon Cult weapons, Black Ice Weapons, etc) to be used as transmute (with a very rare drop rate), like Mantol Derith shop ?
    2fv72Fw.png
    update / add new artifacts from the trade of blade vendor
    edited January 2018
    exgardian said:

Why not adding some old items (unbound of course) that no drop anymore (Infernal set, Dragon Cult weapons, Black Ice Weapons, etc) to be used as transmute (with a very rare drop rate), like Mantol Derith shop ?

I did make that pitch in my first post, albeit only for PVP gear:

Guantlgrym PVP Rewards:

Domination PVP Rewards:

For missing PVE transmutes, those should be brought back too but it doesn't make much sense for them to be PVP drops. Instead, those old PVE items should be obtainable through PVE.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    edited January 2018
    transmutes are probably at the very very bottom of anyone list of meaningful useful or valuable or tradeable pvp rewards

sorry to say ...i dont understand how players get so excited for cosmetic rewards ...anyone suggesting that simply does not get it in my opinion .. i mean you wrote paragrapohs and paragraphs and pour your heart out and someone is happy and satisfied with a 1k ad transmute as a rewards ...yup someone is setting their sites and expectations really high there

you want authentic unique pvp transmute reward make it so that you whole character or mount etc can glow custom rare colors etc
    or that you can actually remove the annoying armor enchant ones or turn them off not that that would be a rewards more of
    QOL suggestion
    kalina311 said:

or instead or generically saying waiting in Queue...waiting for map . ...it actually says which Q / Qs lol waiting In PVP Q appears on the screen Qol suggestion ..or that you cannot dual Q for pve and pvp stuff at the same time

or a player checks off a box cannot be sabotage Qed for pvp under his preference auto teaming settings/ oe Q page / etc and will say a player does not meet the requirements..when leader tries to Q

or actually the reverse a new player that does nothing already has that toggled on
    and pvp player in the know would toggle it off in order to Q in accept with no decline mode ..or would have team members instruct him where to toggle it

or leader has initiated undeclinable pvp Q accept / decline

ya player goes afk after a dungeon run and the next thing he knows he is in a pvp match lol

Neither of these options would work sadly.

For one thing, queing someone against their will is a problem even when you aren't going from PVE to PVP content or vice versa.
    -- Dungeons vary in length, some players only want to spend their time doing a specific dungeon repeatedly (because they are grinding for something), and many players have dungeons they personally aviod out of dislike.
    -- Different PVP types also vary in length. You could also end up involuntarily qued for another PVP match when you wanted to be done for the day.

I like the auto teaming idea but it is also too flawed to work. If this no-decline method is to be effective at keeping players, premades included, from deliberately avoiding harder fights in the mixed que, you need the no-decline measure to apply to everyone. If a premade leader could remove the anti decline measure or if each player can opt out of it, its pointless.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    edited January 2018
    One of my posts was posted twice. This was the second copy of it so it has been deleted.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    edited January 2018
    I never said i wanted the leader to be able to by pass the pvp Q options auto appcept options ... only that a player can toggle/ chose if they can/ cannot be
    Qed for a no auto decline pvp mode without their consent and if so the leader/group would get a message that a players does not meet the requirements aka ...they toggled that they dont want to go in without advisement
    edited January 2018
    kalina311 said:

transmutes are probably at the very very bottom of anyone list of meaningful useful or valuable or tradeable pvp rewards

sorry to say ...i dont understand how players get so excited for cosmetic rewards ...anyone suggesting that simply does not get it in my opinion .. i mean you wrote paragrapohs and paragraphs and pour your heart out and someone is happy and satisfied with a 1k ad transmute as a rewards ...yup someone is setting their sites and expectations really high there

you want authentic unique pvp transmute reward make it so that you whole character or mount etc can glow custom rare colors etc
    or that you can actually remove the annoying armor enchant ones or turn them off not that that would be a rewards more of
    QOL suggestion

While you might not personally find transmutes/cosmetics valuable, they actually are very high up on a ton of player's bucket lists. Cosmetic items/transmutes are among the most commonly requested items when any rewards improvement is discussed. Because of this, transmutes/cosmetic items should be included in a PVP rewards pass since there are a lot of people that actually do want those items.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    edited January 2018
    kalina311 said:

I never said i wanted the leader to be able to by pass the pvp Q options auto appcept options ... only that a player can toggle/ chose if they can/ cannot be
    Qed for a no auto decline pvp mode without their consent and if so the leader/group would get a message that a players does not meet the requirements aka ...they toggled that they dont want to go in without advisement

Oh. That makes a little bit more sense.

Though it would be very confusing if it simply said "player X doesn't meet the requirements". A que team that repeatedly tries to que only to get "player X doesn't meet the requirements would then probably spend time trying to diagnose the reason why that player doesn't meet the requirements. Thankfully this could be fixed by updating the message to say something else.

While the message bit could be fixed, there is something else that is similar to your idea that would work better. If you tack something similar to your suggestion onto mine, it should work well. My idea was whenever a que group leader tries to que for something, a window would pop up asking for the entire que group's permission first. If the vote passes unanimously, your group will be qued and will automatically enter the match/dungeon once there is a pop. If something like your idea is added on top of this, this would mean that when the que group is asked for permission and you have toggled the new personal setting on, your vote is automatically set to yes and the only people that need to vote are the ones with this feature toggled off. For example, lets say you had a group of 10 people queing for demogorgon and 6 of them have set their permission to que vote to automatically count as a yes. The que leader would try to que, the permission to que window would pop up, and only the 4 remaining people would have to vote yes or no.
    --
    PVP Rogue,