test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Swords of Chult (M12b) Launch Week Bug Reports

Comments

• Options
    rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    Is the sort all bags feature working yet? I tried to do it on all my characters yesterday and it kept giving me the "unknown command /bagsort" error.
  • Options
    newnickunregisterednewnickunregistered Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    It seems that the new half-mod brought back the old problem with pirate patrols - some of the mobs which fall out from the boat never reset, even if the toon running the patrol dies and respawns, making it impossible to complete those quests.
  • Options
    kgauger409kgauger409 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    While at the test dummies in my stronghold I noticed that slotting the passive Aura of Protection for my Oathbound Paladin was not changing her damage resistance percentage. The tooltip at rank 4 says that it should be giving myself and allies 12.5% additional damage resistance. I tried in combat and out of combat and both times the passive ability has not changed my damage resistance percentage.
  • Options
    nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    Here's what I have so far:

-AH "unable to post your items for sale" message: We believe this is due to the high volume of action the AH was seeing yesterday and will continue to monitor reports.

-ID scrolls working inconsistently - We are looking into this.

-Lvl 70 blue items cannot be converted into RP: This is by design and most blue items can be salvaged. We are aware of blue items that can neither be converted or salvaged and are reviewing future plans.

-Heart of the Blue dragon is broken - we are looking into it.

_Refining enchantment shards quest is broken - We are looking into this.

-Calendar dates offset by two days of the week - Fix is in testing, will be out in a week or two if testing is successful.

-Rank 7, 8, 13, and 14 gems cannot be donated to guild coffers - we are looking into it.

-Various crashes with Device Removed error on load screen - we are looking into these and may reach out to individual players reporting this for additional information.

-Sort All Bags crashing maps - We disabled the sort all bags command to address this issue and will be working again with the next server restart.

Will continue chasing more issues!
  • Options
    pillowpillowcasepillowpillowcase Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Would like to confirm earlier reports of identification scrolls not identifying objects. I'm running Tower District/Neverdeath currently on a level 26 character, and I've picked up a lot of level 12-31 items, none of which are identifiable either by bound Lesser Scrolls of Identification, unbound Lesser Scrolls of Identification, or unbound Scrolls of Identification. That is, this was the case until just a couple minutes ago, when one of my normal Scrolls of Identification managed to identify a level 17 ring, but the Lessers still don't seem to work. I'll check a bit later to see if a Scroll of Identification will be able to identify a level ~30 item, but this issue is making it quite hard to level properly due to the reliance on only white gear with the exact right stats dropping. Hope you can find a solution quickly!

EDIT: Normal Scrolls of Identification are unable to identify anything that is 26 and up, possibly lower (I have no items between level 17 and 26 in my pack right now).
  • Options
    vaness12378vaness12378 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Hi, did 2 times msva and no one died, was trying to get the achievement of "Master of Svardborg", but didn't got it and completed the requisites, usually u earn the banner but also didn't got that, and was quite like meh.

But i think is a bug cuz some friends did it days ago (before the update) and was working, thx.
    Post edited by vaness12378 on
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,224 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    kikiseale said:

The green blue and epic artifacts no longer have any appropriate value as rp refiners. before this system, one arti fed to the same kind or same category gave a high return value up to level 59, now a found piece of gear has more intrinsic value than an epic artifact from a zen box, this has devalued the 100s of artis we have stockpiled

You cannot use Artifact as feeder to upgrade Artifact in mod 12b. They have been devalued since this was announced a month ago. Same for Artifact gear and Artifact weapon.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User

kikiseale said:

The green blue and epic artifacts no longer have any appropriate value as rp refiners. before this system, one arti fed to the same kind or same category gave a high return value up to level 59, now a found piece of gear has more intrinsic value than an epic artifact from a zen box, this has devalued the 100s of artis we have stockpiled

You cannot use Artifact as feeder to upgrade Artifact in mod 12b. They have been devalued since this was announced a month ago. Same for Artifact gear and Artifact weapon.
    Still, the fact that a rare lockbox reward salvages for the same as a random drop from a minion *and* can't be used in any other way is a little disappointing, even if it's not a "bug".
  • Options
    agilestoagilesto Member Posts: 516 Arc User
    When salvaging a non-restored piece of relic equipement, you have the window "convert for 1 RP" (1 RP really...). When you click on convert, nothing happens. Nothing at all, the item is still in your inventory
  • Options
    dionchidionchi Member Posts: 919 Arc User
    edited October 2017

Here's what I have so far:

-AH "unable to post your items for sale" message: We believe this is due to the high volume of action the AH was seeing yesterday and will continue to monitor reports.

-ID scrolls working inconsistently - We are looking into this.

-Lvl 70 blue items cannot be converted into RP: This is by design and most blue items can be salvaged. We are aware of blue items that can neither be converted or salvaged and are reviewing future plans.

-Heart of the Blue dragon is broken - we are looking into it.

-Calendar dates offset by two days of the week - Fix is in testing, will be out in a week or two if testing is successful.

-Rank 7, 8, 13, and 14 gems cannot be donated to guild coffers - we are looking into it.

-Various crashes with Device Removed error on load screen - we are looking into these and may reach out to individual players reporting this for additional information.

-Sort All Bags crashing maps - We disabled the sort all bags command to address this issue and will be working again with the next server restart.

Will continue chasing more issues!

Although the issues that effect a person will seem important to them, I think the issue of ID scrolls not working properly should be the most immediate issue to be addressed because it directly effects every new player, who for the most part cannot progress to their next map level because their current weapons and armor will often be insufficient for that progression.

From my observations the Lesser and Scroll of Identification consistantly do not work to identify low level items and the only scrolls that work consistantly are the Greater Scrolls of identification.

If someone has a Greater Scroll in their inventory, it will be consumed even if the player is trying to identify a low level item.
    DD~
  • Options
    demenoss#9306 demenoss Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited October 2017

Every time I try to load a character, the game starts to load the area then freezes for a few seconds followed by a game crash. An error popup reads:
    Fatal Error: Direct3D returned error code (DXGI_ERROR_ DEVICE_REMOVED) while presenting. Reason: 0x887a0006 (DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG)

I have checked my driver and it is up-to-date. The only change that has occurred in the past several days was today's update to the game.

Please help with this.

I posted something similar as well and included how I fixed it...
    Guild: Noble Misfits
    Silky Pan'teeze: Drow Wizard --- Madres de Nasae: Half-elf Rouge
    Kepler: Human Paladin --- Demenoss: Dragonborn Barbarian
    Divine Pan'teeze: Drow Cleric --- Nikki Sharparrow: Human Ranger
  • Options
    prairierose1985prairierose1985 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    The game crashed on me (device removed) during my fight with clawgraze. I earned that lure and lost it when the game crashed. I would like to have a replacement for it sent to me.
  • Options
    lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User
    agilesto said:

When salvaging a non-restored piece of relic equipement, you have the window "convert for 1 RP" (1 RP really...). When you click on convert, nothing happens. Nothing at all, the item is still in your inventory

Which item for which class did you have this problem on? I salvaged a set of unrestored DC chest armor (don't remember which variant) last night and got 1000AD, as expected.

• Options
    earlgreybeardearlgreybeard Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    I have been getting a lot of on screen artifacts since the last patch, like something isn't releasing textures? from memory.. it's like burned in effect you could get on the old crt monitors

nvidia^

Guild Leader Den of the Misfits
  • Options
    enyo1989enyo1989 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    1.Minor mark of potency (grey) from thaumaturgic bags (Leadership) cannot be convertet to RP

2. 3 player dungeon "Spellplaque Caverns" Endboss is bugged. The boss doesn´t spawn properly after one of the platform pieces vanished.
    Post edited by enyo1989 on
  • Options
    obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    New skirmish: Voice loop. I constantly heard a voice telling people to go outside the gate to continue the fight. I think maybe it was the SW's shadow who didn't come thru the gate with him. Quite annoying as it sounded like a skipping record.
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • Options
    reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Maybe a bug but Fey Blessing enchants still drop R5s(on the floor :( ) although bound to acct.
  • Options
    hypnoticbeasthypnoticbeast Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    I just found a major bug in MSP. The Epic Dungeon Chest just has a close option. The other one works fine but the Daily one shows you the items but you cant get them out. You can close and reopen them over and over but you can take any items. I must have dumped 15 Keys checking it.
  • Options
    rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User

H

Also broken is the "Refining Enchantments" Level 15 quest.

If your character has not done this quest, you are flat out restricted from refining things on your character.

If you've overleveled but have not beat the quest, you are unable to get the Ring of Warding needed to upgrade things to finish the quest.

• Options
    kgauger409kgauger409 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I just had my game client crash to desktop during hero's accord for tomb of the nine gods. We were just about to finish killing the first boss and when I was finally able to get back in the game I was slapped with a 30 minute leaver penalty and now cannot do anything.
    Not only was my time wasted, but so was the entire party's. And we need to do Tomb for the ultimate marks/refinement for the hero's accord.
    If you are going to make it to where you have to random queue publicly, then the leaver penalty needs to get fixed for those that crash and not abandon instance.
  • Options
    meiramimeirami Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 423 Arc User
    I can second what @hypnoticbeast reported, but it didn't seem to consume any keys. Basically, the daily key chest bugs out and never gives any rewards, no matter what reward item (e.g. a pair of bracers) you choose. You can look inside and see it rolling a new reward each time, but you don't even get seals.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    I have heard that in addition to unrestored relic gear being unsalvagable (some people are *buying* them for salvage instead of rings? whyyyy?), the Company SH gear now salvages for 110AD (was 1500?). This is not confirmed by me.

Adamantine Gauntlet (and presumably other Dread Ring gauntlets) does not have an updated tooltip to reflect new enchant-free reward table. Loot appears to be fine though.

-------------------------------------

[snip screenshots showing account unlocks]
    Rly now?

Your alt probably doesn't have the everfrost resist doohickey if you never actually started SKT with them.
    reg1981 said:

Maybe a bug but Fey Blessing enchants still drop R5s(on the floor :( ) although bound to acct.

They're meant to drop enchants. Throwing them on the ground instead of your bag is an as-yet-unaddressed QoL issue (in most people's opinion).
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    Changes to notes on friends in the social dialog aren't saved.

Two scrolls of mass live failed to resurrect anyone at the 2nd boss in TONG today.
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • Options
    agilestoagilesto Member Posts: 516 Arc User
    lowjohn said:

agilesto said:

Which item for which class did you have this problem on? I salvaged a set of unrestored DC chest armor (don't remember which variant) last night and got 1000AD, as expected.

It was, (and still is as I can't convert it) a GWF chest piece I got from FBI.
  • Options
    earlgreybeardearlgreybeard Member Posts: 407 Arc User

Changes to notes on friends in the social dialog aren't saved.

Two scrolls of mass live failed to resurrect anyone at the 2nd boss in TONG today.

some very excessive damage immobilizes and stuns happening with that boss compared to how it was before this patch from all accounts.

could a team of devs or beta testers please play this boss and confirm it is wai?
    Guild Leader Den of the Misfits
  • Options
    lizabetinhalizabetinha Member Posts: 2 Arc User

Every time I try to load a character, the game starts to load the area then freezes for a few seconds followed by a game crash. An error popup reads:
    Fatal Error: Direct3D returned error code (DXGI_ERROR_ DEVICE_REMOVED) while presenting. Reason: 0x887a0006 (DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG)

I have checked my driver and it is up-to-date. The only change that has occurred in the past several days was today's update to the game.

Please help with this.

I posted something similar as well and included how I fixed it...
  • Options
    bertrandxbertrandx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Lv70 blue (rare) items can not be converted into RP nor salvaged. EDIT- I have seen it has already been mentioned by nitocris.
    Post edited by bertrandx on
    Bert - Lv70 pathfinder trapper. How's sunny california?
  • Options
    checkmatein3checkmatein3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 525 Arc User
    The Mementos from the Masquerade Event do not have an option to be converted into Refine Points. You can only discard them.

If you try to refine through the Illusionist's Artifact, the Mementos do not show up in any list to refine.

I am guessing that EVENT specific RP are not included in the new system (for example the same thing might happen during the winter event).
    LEVIATHAN--19.3k Metallic Dragonborn Guardian Fighter Swordmaster Loadouts

Guild--And the Imaginary Friends

• Options
    checkmatein3checkmatein3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 525 Arc User
    Ignore my post. Not a bug
    LEVIATHAN--19.3k Metallic Dragonborn Guardian Fighter Swordmaster Loadouts

Guild--And the Imaginary Friends

This discussion has been closed.