test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Final Double Refinement Points Event for PC!

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
Greetings Adventurers!

Starting Thursday, September 28 and ending Monday, October 2, we will be holding the final 2x Refinement Points (2x RP) event for PC under the current Refinement system.

Will there be future refinement events under the new Refinement system introduced in Module 12b?
Yes! As mentioned previously in this forum thread, a Bonus Refinement Points event will take the place of the double refinement event. The first date of this Bonus Refinement Points event will occur November 22 to November 28 and will occur at a similar cadence as the previous RP event.

How will this Bonus Refinement Points event work?
During the Bonus Refinement Points event, players who are above level 20 and are killing creatures within 7 levels of them will receive Refinement Points, based on their level, directly granted to their character.

So what’s happening this weekend on PC?
From Sept. 28 to Oct. 2, PC will have the current 2x RP event with no changes.

What’s happening on Console?
Console players will continue to have 2x RP events until Module 12b goes live on Console. We will notify Console players when their final 2x RP event occurs.

Please let us know if you have any more questions on timing or function so we may “refine” our messaging when the new event goes live!

Comments

• someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    Yeah make artifact equipment and artifacts - "Always Double Refinement", just like artifact weapons.
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • nirafelosnirafelos Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    lowjohn said:

Hi Julia,

One question that I didn't see answered in the incredibly long feedback thread: one goal of this change is to make things feel like "double RP, all the time" to avoid needing to save items up and "balance the checkbook" over a few short days. However, right now on preview artifacts are *not* giving "double RP" values of RP when trashed.

On Live during a 2xRP period, a belt being refined into a belt or a neck into a neck would return 80% of the original RP. On preview right now turning a belt into RP returns 40% of the RP. On live artifact weapons are "always 2xRP", meaning a weapon into a weapon always gives back 80% of the RP used to level it up. On preview right now, turning a weapon into RP returns 40% of the RP used to level it up.

It looks like those factors were forgotten among all the other changes, which means there is a very strong disincentive to change artifact gear under the new system compared to the current one. Are those values going to be adjusted?

There's a similar factor in play for non-gear artifacts - with the removal of the "matching artifact type" bonus, artifacts being turned into RP on Preview return FAR less RP than artifacts being used to refine artifacts on Live. While the "feeder" effect of multiplying RP in artifacts should probably be removed, adjusting the salvage value of artifacts so that they don't lose *as much* of their value would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

I think the rationale of not doubling the Artifact Neck/Belt/Weapon return was out of the fact that it's now eligible to be used on any item, rather than "doubled, but only when used to refine a new weapon."

And I understand that rationale, but can't really get behind it.

I cannot imagine a single situation in which I'd salvage my legendary artifact weapon and use that RP to refine something other than a new, superior artifact weapon. To do so would literally render me weaponless. Same with my legendary artifact neck or belt on either of my toons that have them.

It gets a bit problematic when it comes to doubling the RP value of an epic artifact belt received from a random dungeon chest or lockbox, but those are rare enough that I'm fine with their values increasing, or else "always 80%" could be a perk unique to legendary/mythic artifacts/artifact equipment.

But all of that is probably better actually in the feedback threads.

@nitocris83 this post is the first I'm hearing about the replacement "Bonus RP" event, and that sounds like a pretty cool addition. Thanks!
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User

During the Bonus Refinement Points event, players who are above level 20 and are killing creatures within 7 levels of them will receive Refinement Points, based on their level, directly granted to their character.

So just to clarify, the RP you gain during this new event goes right into your RP currency "bank" and is therefore character bound?
    Is there any plan for a double gem event or is this the only double event replacing 2xRP?
  • lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User

So just to clarify, the RP you gain during this new event goes right into your RP currency "bank" and is therefore character bound?
    Is there any plan for a double gem event or is this the only double event replacing 2xRP?
    They've already said that 2xEnchants+Runestones will continue to be a thing, and will begin to double RP Gems as well.
  • inyawayupdeepinyawayupdeep Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 206 Arc User
    Just a wishful thought here, but how about making non class sigil / event artifacts and thier related artfact gear account bound.

The game isn't allowing us to adiqutely gear up and run more than one or two characters right now.

If we aren't having to work as hard on alts, focusing on our mains will be much easier. Changing artifact sets might be a bit less painful.
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    blajev said:

Every time you hear look coin on ground first look back before try to pick it up :P. All RP will give you ''2x'' but all you have till now will give you /10 ;), bet we will see new and new weapon set and artis every month.

Same with R14 hey we will make enchants up to r14 and we will nerf biggest stat bringer with 50% on end guess after you spent zillion AD/Zen you will have same stats pre buff(nerf) what the point in this ?

I don't particular care for the "nerf an item only to offer it back to you" system, but honestly, bonding runestones were out of line. Since I think they have reached the limit of how difficult they can make content without making a repeat of Mod6, they only have a couple options - raise the level cap again, or bring some items down in power to make room for better ones. I don't think they have the resources or the content for a level cap increase, so here we are. The fact that they bundled the nerf with additional levels is suspect....probably would have gone a different route there personally to avoid looking like a flat out money grab.

Artifacts not multiplying: Honestly, I think the current system of using feeders should have gone away long ago. its obviously not what was really intended, and makes refining artifacts to Mythic a joke. I'm fine with them not getting the multiple X5 multipliers and it simplify's upgrading.

Refinement points being BtC: I hate this. Make the pool account wide and be done with it. Absolutely NO reason to do this, especially when you are specifically working to make the Alt life better in campaigns. having them go straight to inventory seems like a bad idea, but since its bound, whatever.

• onodrainonodrain Member Posts: 334 Arc User

Yeah make artifact equipment and artifacts - "Always Double Refinement", just like artifact weapons.

What they said was...they decreased the cost to upgrade all artifacts, artifact gear and artifact weapons by half. So they did exactly as you say. In the new system, it is like x2 RP all the time for these items.
  • frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    edited September 2017
    onodrain said:

What they said was...they decreased the cost to upgrade all artifacts, artifact gear and artifact weapons by half. So they did exactly as you say. In the new system, it is like x2 RP all the time for these items.
    No... You don't understand... A mythic artifact gives 150k RP on preview IIRC. The same artifact gives ~16mil RP on live with a matching bonus and 2x RP active. So, 1.5 mil on preview (converted x10) vs 16 mil on live.
    FrozenFire
  • lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User
    onodrain said:

It's like 2xRP all the time for adding RP to those items.

However, it is NOT like 2xRP all the time for turning those items back into RP.

The "always double refinement" flag on weapons means that when you use a weapon to refine another weapon, you get double-refinement numbers out of it (80% of original weapon's RP added to new weapon) instead of single-refinement numbers (40% of original weapon's RP added to new weapon). Under the new system, when you convert a weapon to RP because you want to trade up to a new artifact weapon, your old weapon gives you 40% of its RP back: single-refinement numbers, not double.

Similarly, feeding a belt into a belt during 2xRP currently gives 80% of RP back. In the new system, turning a belt into RP in order to feed a new belt gives 40% of RP back - single-refinement numbers, not double.

So the "effectively double RP, all the time" goal is NOT being met when you are using an artifact or a piece of artifact gear as a source of RP.
  • nightstalkornightstalkor Member Posts: 154 Arc User

Greetings Adventurers!

Will there be future refinement events under the new Refinement system introduced in Module 12b?
    Yes! As mentioned previously in this forum thread, a Bonus Refinement Points event will take the place of the double refinement event. The first date of this Bonus Refinement Points event will occur November 22 to November 28 and will occur at a similar cadence as the previous RP event.

Please let us know if you have any more questions on timing or function so we may “refine” our messaging when the new event goes live!

So here's my problem w/ this BS idea. Refinement points are going to be granted to the character playing. So to me, this means any and all such points will be BtC. Said points NEED to be BtA, at the least. I'm not going to vent about other BtC items and my issues w/ those, but IF we're going to institute a system whereupon we grant RP's THRU GAMEPLAY, then those RP's MUST BE AVAILABLE TO ALL CHARACTERS ON THAT ACCOUNT. Just like AD's.
    Otherwise, it's just another slap in the face to guys like me who have 5 to 10 toons, some of which we play daily, some of which we play weekly, and some of which are only played during certain events because those toons are not built up enough, or maybe said toon is primarily a mule, or maybe you just don't really like that class all that much. If I'm going to earn RP's, I NEED to be able to use them where I WANT TO, NOT have them tied to a particular character.
    This is especially important given the dev blog post regarding the new campaign progress mechanic. That post implies that NW is now trying to be MORE multitoon friendly, NOT LESS.
    Nuff said.
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    Errr, pass enchantments around all you toons to refine? Not very convenient, but you can work around the BtC RP that way.
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    The price of feeder artifacts in the AH already more than doubled. Last chance to sell them for a good price.
  • someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    onodrain said:

Cost to refine artifacts in 12b is astronomical. Weapons still have the tag "always double refinement".
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,174 Arc User
    edited September 2017

Greetings Adventurers!

So here's my problem w/ this idea. Refinement points are going to be granted to the character playing. So to me, this means any and all such points will be BtC. Said points NEED to be BtA, at the least. I'm not going to vent about other BtC items and my issues w/ those, but IF we're going to institute a system whereupon we grant RP's THRU GAMEPLAY, then those RP's MUST BE AVAILABLE TO ALL CHARACTERS ON THAT ACCOUNT. Just like AD's.
    Otherwise, it's just another slap in the face to guys like me who have 5 to 10 toons, some of which we play daily, some of which we play weekly, and some of which are only played during certain events because those toons are not built up enough, or maybe said toon is primarily a mule, or maybe you just don't really like that class all that much. If I'm going to earn RP's, I NEED to be able to use them where I WANT TO, NOT have them tied to a particular character.
    This is especially important given the dev blog post regarding the new campaign progress mechanic. That post implies that NW is now trying to be MORE multitoon friendly, NOT LESS.
    Nuff said.
    The current system: you keep unbound, account bound, character bound RP items in your inventory.

Future system: you CAN keep unbound, account bound, character bound RP items in your inventory. You have the option to convert inventory item to RP pool. It is up to YOU to decide which character those RP should go.

The character bound RP item should be converted to character RP pool to save inventory space.
    You can decide what to do with the unbound and account bound RP items.

If you are talking about this particular new event only, it will be only a few days. The amount of RP you can gain will not be huge.

Even so, say, you have 5 toons you don't care and accumulated RP. How do you use those RP? Simple, move an enchantment, runestone (or anything that is not character bound) to that toon and use it. i.e. you don't need to move RP to "where". You move "where" to the RP.

I have 19 toons. I am waiting for the new system to spend their current character bound (artifact, artifact weapon) RP item for my main characters. These character bound items are occupying about 20 inventory slots for each of my mule characters.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • jrdiiorio#8134 jrdiiorio Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    > @nitocris83 said
    > What’s happening on Console?
    > Console players will continue to have 2x RP events until Module 12b goes live on Console. We will notify Console players when their final 2x RP event occurs.
    >
    PS4 last double rp was at least 6 weeks ago and currently has nothing on the calendar last time I checked.
  • athena#9205 athena Member Posts: 575 Arc User
    How about a means of converting RP points to an item thats BtA? That way you can share your rp points with your other toons, when your main is maxed out. I'm pretty sure many players play their best toon, one that is maxed out on RP gear (mythic and legend) and don't need any more BtC rp items. Those would just get wasted. So if you can provide a means of converting BtC items to a BtA item that will solve many current complaints..... or just make all RP items BtA or bankable rp.

How about a means of converting RP points to an item thats BtA? That way you can share your rp points with your other toons, when your main is maxed out. I'm pretty sure many players play their best toon, one that is maxed out on RP gear (mythic and legend) and don't need any more BtC rp items. Those would just get wasted. So if you can provide a means of converting BtC items to a BtA item that will solve many current complaints..... or just make all RP items BtA or bankable rp.

As I said above, you can move your unbound/account bound item to the RP source and use it. e.g. enchantments and runestone. Until all your toons' enchantment, runestone are max'ed out, you can spend those RP. Nothing is wasted. Even if your enchantment and runestone are max'ed out everywhere, you can upgrade some enchantment using those RP and sell it to AH.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    @nightstalkor

We've used the system on preview. You still get RP stones. As long as they aren't BtC, you can move them around before crunching them into RP currency, at which point the RP will be available to the character that crunched the stones. And stones you pick up while adventuring will still dominantly be either unbound or BtA.

Your concern would only be valid if RP somehow automatically accrued as currency while you were adventuring. It does not.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • sorinvallsorinvall Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    Have the devs considered adding refinement points to the pvp rewards? My general concern is that it will still be very difficult to get enough to level gear. The AD cap i have always felt punished the people who are willing to work for the AD by limiting their amount to refine. Please fix the pvp its been terribly unbalanced and the lack of people to pvp has been killing us pvp guys. I think a very serious look needs to be taken with handicaps for overly powered toons vs new guys or get a better matchmaking system but honestly that was done terribly before and im not sure how it can be changed. I think maybe having certain goals where the ai pairs up the most theoretically balanced team and then examines the newbs and measures their competitiveness and gives buffs according to those in need to remain fairly competitive with those with better gear only having very slight advantages vs lower levels but a more moderate effect vs equal leveled toons. The cc changes sound terrible the CW will get wrecked by the gwfs and gfs even harder. Instead i would say maybe adjust the cc to be stronger on weaker targets maybe? Idk but the cw has terrible livability as it is and our cc at least keeps us competitive. Typically though thru DND lore CWs are supposed to be massive control artists or huge damage output it really bums me as an old and potential returning player to see CC changes being taken from my main i loved so much. Please devs im trying so hard here to beg you guys to get this right while being civil. I really love the core of this game and if you folks can straighten it out it will make me so happy and id recruit my old buddies back again! Otherwise the rp changes sound good from what ive read. My dragons hoard rng was terrible before will they be valid now? Also please make leveling fun again this game broke my heart id love to see it fixed..
  • sorinvallsorinvall Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    After examining the rp thing i honestly think rp should be on all gear since everything you get you work for in this game why not make all armors blues greens and purples refineable.
    edited September 2017

Where exactly is the post outlining this RP transferal? The admin post that begins this thread MAKES NO MENTION of any such system. Further, that post seems to make it CLEAR that any RP's earned during play will be BtC, NOT BtA. Could you please provide a link to address these concerns?

They did not mention such system because such system already exists right now.

The RP item you get right now (say) a r5 enchantment.
    The RP item you will get (say) a peridot.

Both of them can be unbound/account bound/character bound. The keyword I said in my post is "item".
    Yes, the RP you earned during play will be BtC. The RP item you earned during play is not.
    The RP you choose to break down from RP items will be BtC.
    The RP you get from Bonus RP event will be BtC (because there is no RP item involves).

In addition, I was not even talking about moving RP item in my post you quoted.

I was talking about moving the item needs to be refined to the RP source.

e.g. your GWF has a vorpal enchantment and you want to upgrade it. Your mule DC has RP in his RP pool.
    I was saying move the vorpal from GWF to DC. Use all DC's RP to fill it up. Upgrade it. Move it back to GWF.
    Again, this method is also not new. You can do it now.

That is why in another post I said:

you don't need to move RP to "where". You move "where" to the RP.

• onodrainonodrain Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    I understand the ins and outs of the new system. I have read through the threads ad nauseum. You guys quoting me are misquoting. I answered a specific question and was 100% correct. I did not address the rest, because you are correct, there is is less RP in those situations. I am very specific in my answers. Please read my comments carefully.
  • eldeskaleldeskal Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 214 Arc User
    The king is dead; long live the king
  • minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    So why is there another 2xRP in the calendar for Nov 22 ?
  • athena#9205 athena Member Posts: 575 Arc User
    its a 2xRP for the new system. You will get double refinement points when picked up not when put into artifacts, according to the posts on it. So it will be like double enchantments sort of, you get two refinement stones instead of one.
  • danpio1217#3410 danpio1217 Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    Does anyone know if there is a daily cooldown/max rewards you can recieve from this new double RP event?
  • minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User

its a 2xRP for the new system. You will get double refinement points when picked up not when put into artifacts, according to the posts on it. So it will be like double enchantments sort of, you get two refinement stones instead of one.

In that case they need to change the tooltip/info in the calendar which refers to the old style "all items used in refinement give double the points" or similar