test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Final Double Refinement Points Event for PC!

2»

Comments

• Options
    athena#9205 athena Member Posts: 575 Arc User
    I think it will when the 12b comes out. I don't know for sure though.
  • Options
    mysteriasdrassamysteriasdrassa Member Posts: 299 Arc User
    Can anybody point me to the original development post on this.. I seem to have missed it... been away for awhile and just coming back
  • Options
    rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    The new 2xrp is just a new way to call a 2x Enchant's event...
    or a poor version of that...
  • Options
    epwnah#2639 epwnah Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    So with the new refining system, for weapon/armor enchantments will it still require another enchantment of the same level to increase the level (ie 2 r7's -> R8) or will it just cost the refining points? I would imagine that it is not going to change because that would reduce the amount of COALs require by a large amount.
  • Options
    jrdiiorio#8134 jrdiiorio Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    > @epwnah#2639 said:
    > So with the new refining system, for weapon/armor enchantments will it still require another enchantment of the same level to increase the level (ie 2 r7's -> R8) or will it just cost the refining points? I would imagine that it is not going to change because that would reduce the amount of COALs require by a large amount.

The double enchantments to upgrade is gone in the update. Marks needed to upgrade have changed as well.
  • Options
    athena#9205 athena Member Posts: 575 Arc User
    Correct, you will NOT need a second Dark 7 to upgrade your dark 7 to dark 8. And any refinement capable stone can be used to refine artifact gear weapons and artifacts through the RP system. So, for example, you have some union stones. You convert those to RP currency and use that to refine your weapons (which union stones cannot do right now).
  • Options
    Let me be more specific. I was just wanting to know if it requires a second Greater Vorpal Enchantment to make a Perfect Vorpal.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,284 Arc User
    edited October 2017

Let me be more specific. I was just wanting to know if it requires a second Greater Vorpal Enchantment to make a Perfect Vorpal.

in mod 12b, you don't need 2nd enhancement to upgrade anything. So, you don't need second Greater Vorpal Enchantment to make a Perfect Vorpal in mod 12b.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    Wow so Weapon Enchantments, atleast the lower level ones will be much easier to upgrade.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,284 Arc User

So with the new refining system, for weapon/armor enchantments will it still require another enchantment of the same level to increase the level (ie 2 r7's -> R8) or will it just cost the refining points? I would imagine that it is not going to change because that would reduce the amount of COALs require by a large amount.

For the first question, you got the answer already.
    The cost of the RP should be similar but as you were told, the mark will not be the same.

In addition, the cost of upgrading enchantment/runestone is not the same as upgrading weapon/armor enchantment.

Upgrading weapon/armor enchantment from R10 to R11 to R12 will be more expensive than now.
    Hence, if you have weapon/armor enchantment which is R10 or R11, you should upgrade that before mod 12b.
    Anything else should be done after.
    In your case, you have a R9 Vorpal. You should wait.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    oldschooldndplyroldschooldndplyr Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    is the 40K RP cap for level 70 characters for the whole event? or per day of the event? or some other timeframe?
  • Options
    vjarlvjarl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 93 Arc User
    The announcement says Thurs. the 22nd, however Thursday is the 23rd. The in-game calendar says Wednesday the 22nd. I assume that is will start on Thursday the 23rd after maintenance. Correct?
  • Options
    minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User

is the 40K RP cap for level 70 characters for the whole event? or per day of the event? or some other timeframe?

Is it a cap of "earned during the event" or is this "if you have 40K stored you don't earn more", I have more than that stored on many characters.

• Options
    earlgreybeardearlgreybeard Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    vjarl said:

The announcement says Thurs. the 22nd, however Thursday is the 23rd. The in-game calendar says Wednesday the 22nd. I assume that is will start on Thursday the 23rd after maintenance. Correct?

I saw them talking about that in discord.. the maintenance will be happening on the Wednesday
    Thursday is a holiday in the US ;)

I expect there will be an official post clarifying all that at some stage.

Guild Leader Den of the Misfits
  • Options
    mysteriasdrassamysteriasdrassa Member Posts: 299 Arc User
    This post has nothing to do with the upcoming event with the new refining points... it is about the previous final event of the old refining system.... perhaps this thread should be closed and pertinent posts moved to another thread
  • Options
    bozzomalditobozzomaldito Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 17 Arc User
    They should adopt as soon as possible the double rp system for as main hand and off-hand like it before.
    I've been giving a convert to my off-hand and then the main-hand and the off-hand gave me only 45k of refinement and in main-hand did not appear the option to do the same. The two are already in the orange and one day they will be obsolete
  • Options
    faredawg1faredawg1 Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    The new RP Event is a joke, offensive almost considering how important the event used to be. The extra RP didn't add up to 10% of the RP I gained from my normal playing activity.

I suggest future RP Events triple the extra RP ( 30%), Guarentee Critical Conversions and slightly increase Refinment odds, say 1-5% during the Event.
  • Options
    hammbo1969hammbo1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 165 Arc User
    For me, gathering RP isn't the main roadblock. It's the Ultimate Enchanting Stones. I don't have tons of money, and have already opened a large number of the latest enchantment bags from lockboxes and haven't seen one. Also, the rng for pres wards seems to me at least to have been altered slightly downwards.

Anyway, in no rush to upgrade, as next expansion should make it easier/cheaper to upgrade to R13/14.
  • Options
    obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    I have a problem with the picture they always use during 2x Professions.
    You don't get 2x Black Ice. So, maybe a different picture would be good.
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?