What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Module 12 Stat Drops

Comments

• Options
    dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    jonkoca said:

I'm amazed more people aren't going crazy about this. Guess we're too busy driving the dinosaurs extinct again.

Yeah. It's also possible people didn't notice because of the legendary changes and needing to re-balance ArPen. I know I did that first thing, before running any content, so I probably wouldn't have noticed it as much if I wasn't looking for it specifically...
  • Options
    andre#8369 andre Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    > @lalpagueur#3942 said:
    > let's hope they will fix this today. The loss is pretty significant, months and months of grinding for stats progress, cut down in one update lol. Some friends lost like 10k power and 10% crit.

Sounds like pvp suggestions
  • Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    I'd at least like to have a dev comment on whether this is WAI or they are working on it. I'd like to know what really happened to my missing power/crit/arpen as well.

I had expected a stat bump, since I had acquired numerous legendary pets over time. From my perspective, I must have lost even more stats than it seems at first glance.
  • Options
    rlee1979rlee1979 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    Yeah looking at my main (HR) and my alt (GF), there are some strange things that happen when standing still and no one else around. I am looking at approximately 89.3% RI on my HR before Mod 12 but now looking at 79.3% or so after Mod 12. So there is something that is strange as my companion influence was only like 300 or something like that. Not really a lot. I have since changed some stats around and gotten back up to the 80ish% that I was at...maybe like 86% with pots or something. So for the most part, things seem fine now. But would like to know what has been done to create such a change.

The stranger part of all this is that my alt is a (GF) that has 85.9% from straight Dark rank 12s. As I was running Chult yesterday and today, over time....my RI slowly drops with no one around e.g. after finishing running for an hour or so, my RI goes from 85.9% to 84.9% and then I saw it as low as 83 to 82% with no one around and be just being idle. After logging out yesterday and today, it will reset it back to my normal 85.9%. I tested it with my HR as well and found that the HR has the same similar problem.

So I'm not sure what's happened with the companion and changes on the back end but would hopefully like a possible explanation on it instead of having to spend AD to try and correct the situation till it gets looked at or fixed as throwing money (virtual or otherwise) isn't the way to fix the situation at all.

Thank you for you time,
    Tacet
  • Options
    arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    adinosii said:

I tried doing the math, but the numbers don't come out quite right for me. I have pretty high CHA on some of my loadouts and three legendary companions, but the drop I am seeing is a bit bigger than it should be according to my calculations.

I really wonder if there is some additional factor I am not taking into consideration.

i have 15% companion stat bonus written on my cw CHA ability stat, but "companion influence" stats became 0 from previous 500val , while on my dc its not same char had 14%,

my pet proc bonding before mod 12 gave me 96% critchance, now its at 80% something broke my crit chance
  • Options
    muckingfuppetmuckingfuppet Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    the stat fluctuating bug was in mod 11.5 and it looks like mod 12 has made it ever worse, it's a massive kick in the face as stats are what makes our character and some of us have spent a lot of real life money to get the stats we have
  • Options
    evaliraevalira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 245 Arc User
    It's definitely something to do with companion influence, at least the percentage coming from charisma.

I respecced and made note of my stats, then increased my ability scores - charisma and intelligence, and made note of my stats again - there was no increase in my stats. I had 8% companion influence bonus from charisma and 0 companion influence from other sources. My legendary companion was summoned.

This was on preview in dread ring. No one else around. I did not attack to proc bondings at first, but then removed bondings to see if my companion had to attack to activate companion influence and still no stat increase.

I added a second legendary companion and got the 8% bonus from the companion but still no companion influence stat increase.

I have no ideas why people's stats are fluctuating, perhaps something (combat advantage?) activates companion influence, but for me companion influence bonus is not working at all.
  • Options
    jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    HRs with aspect of the pack have combat advantage all the time, I still have major losses, so it's not that either.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • Options
    my stats fluctuate between receiving the legendary bonus and not i know this because when I un summon my main companion my stats drop to the exact same as the lower fluctuating stat when my companion is summoned, if that makes sense
  • Options
    niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    @nitocris83

Could you please break out those horns of yours and check into this?

Thanks.
  • Options
    edited July 2017

I had expected a stat bump, since I had acquired numerous legendary pets over time. From my perspective, I must have lost even more stats than it seems at first glance.

Yeah I was looking forward to a boost as well, especially as I'd spent 2 million getting 2 extra pets to Orange.And I had all my gear arranged so I'd hit 16k as soon as mod 12 dropped.

Not to be unfortunately, with the swapping about I'm back down to 15.6k again. Boohoo. My 2 new legendaries seem sometimes to not even contribute to my gearscore. Go figure.
  • Options
    baronstragenbaronstragen Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    I've done some extensive testing. With 1 legendary companion equipped, my stats stay rock solid. With 2 they fluctuate between +8 and -8% and with 3 +12 and -12. I've taken all my toons back to one legendary until it is fixed. Try it for yourself and see if you suffer the same problem I do.
    Varric the Cursed Dwarven cursed to be Tiefling CW
    Original Serenity Mostly Retired DC
    Tokarek Bearded Dwarven OP Tankadin
    JuiceHead Goofy Human GWF
    Member of H3llzWarriors and Limitless.
  • Options
    frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    @nitocris83... Turning a blind eye only aggravates the issue. At the very least, give us a clue it's been noted down.

Sucks that the participation with community is going back to the old days.
    FrozenFire
  • Options
    I guess (drawing on my amazingly pathetic knowledge of coding), on the plus side, something that makes this much of a difference - thousands and thousands of stats difference, when buffed, can't be too hard to find.

Someone left their scissors in the patient when they sewed them up,
  • Options
    eoleeeolee Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    I've done testing aswell. With one legendary companion my stats dont stay solid. Power, crit, arpen fluctuate in a window wide of 16-17%, going from 88 to 104% crit chance for example without any reason while hitting dummies.

My HR has 0 comp influence and 12 char which is 2% worth of comp stats so i dont see a reason to "sigh" at this kind of post and explaining to us that comp influence got modified since we were aware of that.
    My CW has around same fluctuation aswell.

It seems that the 16% from the first leg companion are MIA? Idk but something is definitely weird.
    I agree that devs should let us know asap if its working as they intend it to, or if its a bug definitely so that we can rework our stats (again).

Thanks.

• Options
    arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    just to add control bonus from ability score stat is not given says 14% and control stat is zero, guess the challenge for mod 12 was to remove stats from player to make mod 12 harder
  • Options
    nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    Hi everyone. The first few days after a module launch, my main focus is going to be on the bugs thread for the specific launch since we want to make sure the code specific to the module release didn't do anything weird. So I wasn't ignoring other threads, just putting them on hold temporarily.

As for stats changes, I'll ask for any details or clarifications.
  • Options
    dairyzeusdairyzeus Member Posts: 304 Arc User
    Here's hoping this gets fixed before mod 12 hits consoles. I can't imagine the pain you guys are going through.

I think 30% of my in game time is spent stat balancing.
  • Options

Hi everyone. The first few days after a module launch, my main focus is going to be on the bugs thread for the specific launch since we want to make sure the code specific to the module release didn't do anything weird. So I wasn't ignoring other threads, just putting them on hold temporarily.

Would it be helpful if folks got in the habit of including links / messages to these types of posts in the feedback threads as well?

Because to clarify, this is a pretty big bug and it is definitely specific to the mod12 launch (and in all likelihood related to some of the reworks that were mentioned for companions and their active bonuses).

I think folks have a tendency to create dedicated threads for very significant bugs, so it's easier to track discussion and collect evidence related to that specific topic. But if that means that some of these get considered lower priority because they are not emphasized in the official feedback threads, the community needs to know to change our behavior and link to individual bug posts in the main threads too.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    dupeks said:

Would it be helpful if folks got in the habit of including links / messages to these types of posts in the feedback threads as well?

Because to clarify, this is a pretty big bug and it is definitely specific to the mod12 launch (and in all likelihood related to some of the reworks that were mentioned for companions and their active bonuses).

I think folks have a tendency to create dedicated threads for very significant bugs, so it's easier to track discussion and collect evidence related to that specific topic. But if that means that some of these get considered lower priority because they are not emphasized in the official feedback threads, the community needs to know to change our behavior and link to individual bug posts in the main threads too.

Further, when the moderators merge diverse threads into a primary bug thread, Vanilla sorts every post into chronological order, and information that was previously threaded becomes jumbled.

It's fine when there aren't many replies or if the replies are just a bunch of "me too" type stuff, but if further diagnosis or workarounds have started to be posted, the loss of context is decidedly unhelpful.

So, I'll echo, is cross-linking (without requesting a merge) helpful?
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    what primarily needs "clarification" (or, better yet, "fixing") are the fluctuations people are now seeing, and many report they get worse if you have 3 or more legendary companions. That's just not normal or expected.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    Good to know this has at least popped up on the radar, thanx for acknowlaging us.
  • Options
    jaime4312#3760 jaime4312 Member Posts: 844 Arc User
    Up to 10% + crit loss?? holy molly that's horrible :o

@nitocris83 if that issue can get addressed before mod 12 hits consoles I'm pretty sure we all would appreciate it very much!
  • Options
    tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator

So, I'll echo, is cross-linking (without requesting a merge) helpful?

We'll discuss in the community team if we can strike a better balance between keeping thematically related issues together (launch-day bugs) and not losing the context of the individual discussions (bugs with significant non-me-too discussion).

Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    Some of us wouldnt notice our power change up or down unless we could 1 shot trex....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    > @dupeks said:
    > Hi everyone. The first few days after a module launch, my main focus is going to be on the bugs thread for the specific launch since we want to make sure the code specific to the module release didn't do anything weird. So I wasn't ignoring other threads, just putting them on hold temporarily.
    >
    > As for stats changes, I'll ask for any details or clarifications.
    >
    > Would it be helpful if folks got in the habit of including links / messages to these types of posts in the feedback threads as well?
    >
    > Because to clarify, this is a pretty big bug and it is definitely specific to the mod12 launch (and in all likelihood related to some of the reworks that were mentioned for companions and their active bonuses).
    >
    > I think folks have a tendency to create dedicated threads for very significant bugs, so it's easier to track discussion and collect evidence related to that specific topic. But if that means that some of these get considered lower priority because they are not emphasized in the official feedback threads, the community needs to know to change our behavior and link to individual bug posts in the main threads too.

it's in mod 11.5 as well it's just not as bad
  • Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User

This has been in the bugs thread as well.
  • Options

> @dupeks said:

> Hi everyone. The first few days after a module launch, my main focus is going to be on the bugs thread for the specific launch since we want to make sure the code specific to the module release didn't do anything weird. So I wasn't ignoring other threads, just putting them on hold temporarily.

>

> As for stats changes, I'll ask for any details or clarifications.

>

> Would it be helpful if folks got in the habit of including links / messages to these types of posts in the feedback threads as well?

>

> Because to clarify, this is a pretty big bug and it is definitely specific to the mod12 launch (and in all likelihood related to some of the reworks that were mentioned for companions and their active bonuses).

>

> I think folks have a tendency to create dedicated threads for very significant bugs, so it's easier to track discussion and collect evidence related to that specific topic. But if that means that some of these get considered lower priority because they are not emphasized in the official feedback threads, the community needs to know to change our behavior and link to individual bug posts in the main threads too.

it's in mod 11.5 as well it's just not as bad

I'm not certain. I kind of think that the Mod 11.5 stuff was different, and in "fixing" it they screwed up some other stuff.

That's my best understanding of what's going on at least with the "companion influence" stuff. Either that or it was so pervasive that everyone was balanced around some unexpectedly amplified stats and the devs decide they are OK with just removing that slice of stats from everyone and telling us to deal with it. To be frank, I mostly want some official clarity before I start re-investing in finalized stat distributions for Chult.

I'm aware that stats were unstable in 11.5 and certain companions with certain interactions would grow stats over time in combat. If that's what you're referring to, then again I strongly think that what we have in Mod12 is related but a little different.

(and I'm also aware that legendary active had some weirdness to it in Mod11.5 as well, but again it's gotten _way_ worse in Mod12)