What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Module 12 Stat Drops

Comments

• Options
    jmiller84jmiller84 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 188 Arc User
    dupeks said:

That's my best understanding of what's going on at least with the "companion influence" stuff. Either that or it was so pervasive that everyone was balanced around some unexpectedly amplified stats and the devs decide they are OK with just removing that slice of stats from everyone and telling us to deal with it. To be frank, I mostly want some official clarity before I start re-investing in finalized stat distributions for Chult.

(and I'm also aware that legendary active had some weirdness to it in Mod11.5 as well, but again it's gotten _way_ worse in Mod12)

I'm in the same boat. Not touching much of anything on my HR and GWF until there is some kind of statement about what is going on. Not investing in other enchants, gear, companions or artifacts.
    HR: Vretzen
    GWF: Vretzina
    OP: Vee
    DC: Evee
    CW: nezterV

Leader - Valaraukari Ascension
  • Options
    niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    No Worries....pun intended!

Thanks for the heads up.
  • Options
    muckingfuppetmuckingfuppet Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    > @nitocris83 said:
    > Hi everyone. The first few days after a module launch, my main focus is going to be on the bugs thread for the specific launch since we want to make sure the code specific to the module release didn't do anything weird. So I wasn't ignoring other threads, just putting them on hold temporarily.
    >
    > As for stats changes, I'll ask for any details or clarifications.

I'd say it was a very big bug a lot of us have paid a lot of real money to get where we are with our stats and to have it wiped out by a bug is just a slap in the face
  • Options
    frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    Yay! Thanks for finally responding ^_^
    FrozenFire
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    Yes, responses like that are really appreciated @noworries#8859 We can wait for the fix, not a problem - the annoying thing is when we get no response whatsoever, so we don't know if you are aware of it, working on it, ignoring it or whatever.

So, thank you.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    eoleeeolee Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    thanks you @noworries#8859 for your answer. is all i wanted to read. A bug. So i do not have to do major changes again and i'll be waiting for a fix.
  • Options
    ph33rm3ph33rm3 Member Posts: 549 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    Today's patch is already on preview. Don't get too excited eolee and get ready to spend.
    Good News: The stats don't fluctuate anymore.
    Bad News: Still missing 1000's in power and several % crit and arp.

I prepared for mod 12 by setting my arp to a little over 85%. I've already had 5 legendary pets for ever. I thought when mod 12 hits and the 5 pet bonus kicks in I'll be over on arp and crit. No biggie I thought. I'll just change a couple insignia and be right back to where I am with more power.

Hah. Nope. Instead I had to add crit and arp... even after the additional bonus from the legendary pets.

It's a nerf. Clear and simple. (unless it's still bugged)

***edit***

I am on preview now. Watching my stats fluctuate. Same patch version as live. So I expect the same behavior on live

***edit two***

Patch is now live. Stats are still missing and what remains still fluctuates.
    Post edited by ph33rm3 on
  • Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    I hope this is still being addressed, and maybe with the next patch. There seems to be 2 problems here: 1.) Stats that went down at the beginning of the module, for apparently no reason and 2.) Constant rolling of stats back and forth made worse perhaps by the additional legendary bonuses.
  • Options
    eion311eion311 Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    Yeah I can sit in PE solo in the corner not doing anything with my companion out and watch my HP's and other stats flip flop. One sec I'll have like 196k, then 200+k for few secs, then back to 196k.
    Only two legendary companions active atm for me.
  • Options
    asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    I hope, that this is not one of these problems, when we get one statement like 'we know, that there are issues and we look into it' and because we dont keep pressing the issue, nothing happens.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • Options
    gramps5scorpiongramps5scorpion Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    I have noticed that augmentation is on a timer and everytime the timer counts down to 0 my stats drop.. BUT... it doesn't always count down to 0. Most of the time it resets back to 11 seconds when the count gets down to 3 and the stats don't change at that point, only when it counts down to 0... WHY is there a timer on augmentation in the first place? It is a 100% of the time stat that should not change if you have it summoned. I can see this causing all kinds of issues with related bonus stats dropping when it resets from zero. Having said that, what is causing a timer to not always reach 0 before resetting?
    Take the extra time to do the job right and it will never come back to bite you in the A**
  • Options
    frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator

I have noticed that augmentation is on a timer and everytime the timer counts down to 0 my stats drop.. BUT... it doesn't always count down to 0. Most of the time it resets back to 11 seconds when the count gets down to 3 and the stats don't change at that point, only when it counts down to 0... WHY is there a timer on augmentation in the first place? It is a 100% of the time stat that should not change if you have it summoned. I can see this causing all kinds of issues with related bonus stats dropping when it resets from zero. Having said that, what is causing a timer to not always reach 0 before resetting?

Augmentation is a proc, like legendary bonuses and other things. If it isn't on a timer, it can keep stacking because of how they are setup. Sometimes, when switching zones and so, you might have noticed having 2 stacks of those, because of the timer, they don't stay that way. I probably resets earlier sometimes because the augment used its power earlier. They might be able to make it permanent now like they fixed bondings but *shrug*
    FrozenFire
  • Options
    forums700forums700 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    Logging in after today's patch, I noticed my main's stats were higher.

But they are still fluctuating. If the patch was intended to fix this problem, it hasn't been a success.

Thanks.

Edit: Well, they did at first after I logged in. Now they seem more stable. Will have to watch it some more.

Edit 2: They seem to jump around a bit after zoning in to a new map, then stabilise.
    Post edited by forums700 on
  • Options
    my stats are at what they should be (Xbox) but they do fluctuate, they fluctuate between having my 15% legendary bonus and not having it
  • Options
    cerberusxllcerberusxll Member Posts: 387 Arc User
    forums700 said:

Logging in after today's patch, I noticed my main's stats were higher.

But they are still fluctuating. If the patch was intended to fix this problem, it hasn't been a success.

Thanks.

Edit: Well, they did at first after I logged in. Now they seem more stable. Will have to watch it some more.

mine were fluctuating post-patch, but after dismissing and resummoning, it seems to be sorted.
    Cerberus | Scylla | Orion | Makelo | Nemesis | Ares | Artemis | Asclepius | Nyx | Hades | Dexithea | Dolos | Demonax | Athena | Enyo | Medusa | Talos | Alcyone
  • Options
    teflons7teflons7 Member Posts: 78 Arc User

Augmentation is a proc, like legendary bonuses and other things. If it isn't on a timer, it can keep stacking because of how they are setup. Sometimes, when switching zones and so, you might have noticed having 2 stacks of those, because of the timer, they don't stay that way. I probably resets earlier sometimes because the augment used its power earlier. They might be able to make it permanent now like they fixed bondings but *shrug*
    That's not really how they work. It's not a 'proc'; I.E. Programmed Random OCcurance. Just like the Legendary Bonus, it's a permanent buff. Augments don't 'use' powers; if they did, they could proc bondings. That being said, I noticed the timer quite some time ago when I was still using augments and it always instantly reset, with no stat losses. If that's happening, they need to fix it.
    Evolvent

Tre'Huggar - 70 HR
    Beefthor Battlebeard - 70 GF
    Beefer Sutherland - 70 CW
  • Options
    lalpagueur#3942 lalpagueur Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Stats are back for me, thanks !
  • Options
    niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    My stats are back as well. I still see the temporary drop (like a timer reset) as before, but the stats do rebound shortly (most of the time within a sec or two) after they drop.
    Post edited by niadan on
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    Stats are back ... still getting fluctuations (my Power fluctuates between 58K and 66K, for example), but I can live with that.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    teflons7 said:

That's not really how they work. It's not a 'proc'; I.E. Programmed Random OCcurance. Just like the Legendary Bonus, it's a permanent buff. Augments don't 'use' powers; if they did, they could proc bondings. That being said, I noticed the timer quite some time ago when I was still using augments and it always instantly reset, with no stat losses. If that's happening, they need to fix it.
    That isn't the full form for proc, just one created from the term itself, proc quite possibly isn't an abbreviation. Augmentation is a power, but since it's a passive power, doesn't trigger bondings.
    Post edited by frozenfirevr on
    FrozenFire
  • Options
    And, yes, the stats are proper once again, I think. Don't remember my exact stats before :|

And, while a lot more stable, they still fluctuate, even while not moving. But it's a lot less noticeable now, so yay!
    FrozenFire
  • Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    There is definite improvement. The fluctuations have driven me a little batty for a long time. When combined with stat drops, it was almost intolerable.
  • Options
    i bet as far as cryptic and the devs are concerned this is fixed and done with even though it's far from fixed
  • Options
    arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    not fixed at all i still get small fluctuation but i have to switch baphomets might and eoe last boon to get a stable critchance value, i also noticed when attacking a target dummy baphomet might boon dont activate in any time i hit the target dummy, something is interfering with this boon to activate on first time, im still testing on live with mobs to see if it activates the boon but if @noworries#8859 want to test for me intead and see if something is wrong, most thanfull, btw im talking when using my cw and stopped attacking dummy and let my summoned air archon hit dummy and values still fluctuates after last update, something needs to be done and fast, because i stopped prioritizing the legendary update of my companions.
  • Options
    nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    We continue to monitor player reports on this issue to determine what may be occurring. Some situations have to be addressed in stages for methodological reasons (basically, if you do A B and C at once, you won't know which one, in which order, or what combo had the impact it did).