Install Arc

Tomb of Annihilation Launch Bug Reports

1235»

Comments

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    tkitteh said:

Adding to the vendor issues

Buggy Removal of alliance/elven gear has made a severe lack of starter cloaks and belts.
    This seems to leave Neverember Cloaks, Legacy Belts and other legacy items, or ground drops for early end game.

Ehhh, the cloak from Neverember isn't terrible, and a single-stat artifact belt good for your class can run under 1000AD. I don't think this change is catastrophic.

Edit: Also, Elemental items still DROP, you just can't buy them with seals.

Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    edited July 2017
    pterias said:

I have also been periodically experiencing the bug where after reeling in a fish and hitting '1', the progress bar resets to zero, but I can usually re-reel the fish and catch it with '1' the next time, however it has greyed out the controls a couple times.

I've run into this as well. I'm not good at recovering from the total reset of progress though, so I always lose the fish when this happens. I haven't been able to identify anything I do differently when I get the reset instead of landing my catch.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• nakkuchhannakkuchhan Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    vaiyshias said:

When doing the quest "a Little Research" i cannot finish it. People and friends told me they killed one rare creature and got a bait item and the quest was done.. now i have gotten 10+ of those items and the quest is still active. i killed every possible rare mob at least 2x for the drop. thank you in advance.

I have the same problem. I already found a trophy but the quest doesn't finish. And there is no hint of how to finish it. Any help?
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    today just came across a huge bug when picking quest and accepting cinematic bugs and doesntb let me move or do anything at all

sometime yuan-ti snake people are immune to steal time and oppressive force from my cw

having more than one legendary companion messes up the stats and is not giving the bonus its says it gives

yuan ti contols fear and other controls they inflinct on my oath paladin break my shield animation even if i still am pressing shift key and have stamina

yuan-ti and knight spawn time is too slow, try spawn the knight on ground already, its a burden to have to wait for the knight to be knock down, when i killed the yuan-ti so fast and the knight survives xD

@terramak @nitocris83
    please send these as soon as possible
    obsiddia said:

Stuck in Combat Mode just walking around the town.
    I have never ventured outside the town yet, so that's
    not a trigger.

If it's anything like the other times this has happened, it was
    from walking past the Axe Beaks fighting the dummy.
    I did not attack the dummy at all.

Couldn't come up with a way to unstick me. Including
    going back and attacking the dummies.

Conversations with merchants work. Walking around looking like
    an idiot (CW slow crab-walk) and not being able to use my mount
    is not fun, tho.

went combat mode just by dropping from mount
    arcanjo86 said:

today just came across a huge bug when picking quest and accepting cinematic bugs and doesntb let me move or do anything at all

sometime yuan-ti snake people are immune to steal time and oppressive force from my cw

having more than one legendary companion messes up the stats and is not giving the bonus its says it gives

yuan ti contols fear and other controls they inflinct on my oath paladin break my shield animation even if i still am pressing shift key and have stamina

yuan-ti and knight spawn time is too slow, try spawn the knight on ground already, its a burden to have to wait for the knight to be knock down, when i killed the yuan-ti so fast and the knight survives xD

@terramak @nitocris83
    please send these as soon as possible

after posting the quote here, went into the game and the cinematic frame was on login screen not letting me log, forcing me to exit game.
    edited July 2017
    obsiddia said:

Stuck in Combat Mode just walking around the town.
    I have never ventured outside the town yet, so that's
    not a trigger.

If it's anything like the other times this has happened, it was
    from walking past the Axe Beaks fighting the dummy.
    I did not attack the dummy at all.

This happened my first time through, possibly because I lingered by the dummies instead of rushing past them. I went to the character select screen and logged back in to drop from combat mode.

It hasn't happened again though I've been in and out of the zone many times.

Neverwinter Census 2017

One bit of probably-not-a-bug feedback I'd like to relay is that I love the Soshenstar River zone layout and the way you can cross back and forth over the map in multiple ways, but I dislike that there are invisible walls blocking the river bank in some locations. If I can see the water through the jungle, then I should be able to beeline for it, rather than having to go around. I am making massive use of my khyek for fast travel here, more than I was ever able to utilize it in SoMI. I want to be able to use it even more effectively.

One of the better features in SoMI was that (assuming you didn't have aggro), you could drop into the water from essentially anywhere. Unfortunately, SoMI water has so many obstacles in it that zone navigation is a beast regardless, so the usefulness is perhaps limited in the long run.

I love that these recent criss-crossing layouts make zones feel more massive than they are, without all the empty space that makes every talked-up "biggest zone yet!" completely tedious to navigate in practice. It feels like the message has been taken to heart that adding extra travel to missions only serves to make players very aware that their time is being purposely wasted, which makes us grumpy. It's really nice to see this change of direction.

Anyway... water landings on an owlbear are the greatest, and I want to make them from more locations. The owlbear does not seem to mind.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• pubefropubefro Member Posts: 1 Arc User

When you complete King of spines and open the reward it says it gives 10 chultan riches but I didn't get any.. even checked inventory logs.

Having same problem
    The "Oh, my!" achievement has been placed in the Special category previously only used for achievements related to purchases or redeeming titles.

It probably belongs in General with a bunch of other Chult achievements.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    I have noticed in several tombs that some of the mobs spawn in a location/terrain that can't be targeted by me but my CW's paranoid delusion can (slowly) kill it. It happened last night in three different tombs. Each time, I was being attacked only to find that I could not return the favor. I had to wait for my delusion to kill it. Tedious but not earth-shattering. It did not happen in the tombs that you entered from within the Port, only the ones in the jungle proper.

One stray batiri took forever to die. His screams were glorious :)
    I aim to misbehave
  • treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    @asterdahl but what is the point of "unique trophy" on inventory? Most people know they can mail themselves these trophies, so it's really just making me send them every time i get one so i don't loose the next equal i catch.

• hagbard#9047 hagbard Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    pterias said:

I have also been periodically experiencing the bug where after reeling in a fish and hitting '1', the progress bar resets to zero, but I can usually re-reel the fish and catch it with '1' the next time, however it has greyed out the controls a couple times.

I experienced some new weirdness fishing in Chult last night, though.

I was using Glowworm bait and after I caught a fish and it went to re-bait the hook, the baiting the hook message kept popping up over and over. It ended up eating the rest of my Glowworms (only had a few left fortunately), but the message kept going after that. Even going to shore didn't stop it, I had to log out and back in to stop it. Then, whenever I went to fish with my Leatherjackets, hitting tab would "say" using Leatherjackets, but the icon was a greyed out Glowworm icon that wouldn't change. I could still fish alright, but it was strange. To get that corrected, I had to go find some more Glowworms.

Everything seemed to be working alright after that, but the whole thing was weird.

*resisting urge to joke about constant "baiting" and being bugged out after*

*fails*

Had the same problem a few times on the new chult map too
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    > @silence1x said:
    > I have noticed in several tombs that some of the mobs spawn in a location/terrain that can't be targeted by me but my CW's paranoid delusion can (slowly) kill it. It happened last night in three different tombs. Each time, I was being attacked only to find that I could not return the favor. I had to wait for my delusion to kill it. Tedious but not earth-shattering. It did not happen in the tombs that you entered from within the Port, only the ones in the jungle proper.
    >
    > One stray batiri took forever to die. His screams were glorious :)

Seconding this. I can't even hit the mobs with ground targeted powers on my DC.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • eoleeeolee Member Posts: 264 Arc User

@asterdahl but what is the point of "unique trophy" on inventory? Most people know they can mail themselves these trophies, so it's really just making me send them every time i get one so i don't loose the next equal i catch.

The point imho is people using illegal way for fishing.
  • lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User
    kharkov58 said:

I received the message when turning in quest to the merchant prince that I have reached the limit on how many patrol commendations I can receive for the week. That was fine, I had done a bunch of them, but when I check my currency tab, there are 0 patrol commendations in my campaign currencies. Where are my commendations stored?

Oh, and on this subject, what are the commendations used for?

What that means is that you've done all 6 of your "do any Patrol (6xWeekly)" quests. You won't get any more Totems from Patrols and you won't get any more Treasure Maps from them, this week.
  • lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User
    pitshade said:

> @silence1x said:

> I have noticed in several tombs that some of the mobs spawn in a location/terrain that can't be targeted by me but my CW's paranoid delusion can (slowly) kill it. It happened last night in three different tombs. Each time, I was being attacked only to find that I could not return the favor. I had to wait for my delusion to kill it. Tedious but not earth-shattering. It did not happen in the tombs that you entered from within the Port, only the ones in the jungle proper.

>

> One stray batiri took forever to die. His screams were glorious :)

Seconding this. I can't even hit the mobs with ground targeted powers on my DC.

I had this happen, but I just ran across the room and the "trapped" enemy followed me out of cover, so I could reach him.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    That is the usual workaround for stuck mobs. However it is more effective with melee mobs. I had it yesterday with a goblin dino rider who was throwing spears at me. Finally he did the charge attack and left the safety of the fern, gaining a swift demise.
    Post edited by pitshade on
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
    edited August 2017
    If you can break the line of sight for ranged mobs caught in terrain, they'll also chase you.

Neverwinter Census 2017

Treasure maps,

opened to see its location, clicked close and map picture dissapear but leaves my with cinematic frame and cant move or do anything, had to close the game, after i relog it asks me for a safe login or normal login.

@asterdahl @nitocris83 @terramak here is the pic

http://imgur.com/PmJMv3W

Another QoL issue is specific to DCs and OPs when using the river to travel, though the problem dates to SoMI. You arrive on shore with no Divinity or Divine Call. Divine Call needs a moment to fill up as long as you don't enter combat. Divinity doesn't recharge at all unless you fight something.

Either way, in SoMI, the spawns on ice floes were modified so that all the landing points were reasonably safe and you didn't end up in combat the second you landed, so you could pick a battle when you felt ready for it. The Soshenstar River has crab spawn points on all the beaches. I don't think the crabs should be changed, but I'd like to see more recognition that this is an unfair disadvantage to support players rather than it being dismissed as "oh well, yeah, khyek travel just does that, sorry".

the divinity issue i came through was on dc do loadout, do dc after aquiring 3 divinity orbs, doesnt get back to normal mode, i have to change manualy to normal mode, while ac dc changes to normal mode automaticaly.
  • dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    arcanjo86 said:

Another QoL issue is specific to DCs and OPs when using the river to travel, though the problem dates to SoMI. You arrive on shore with no Divinity or Divine Call. Divine Call needs a moment to fill up as long as you don't enter combat. Divinity doesn't recharge at all unless you fight something.

Either way, in SoMI, the spawns on ice floes were modified so that all the landing points were reasonably safe and you didn't end up in combat the second you landed, so you could pick a battle when you felt ready for it. The Soshenstar River has crab spawn points on all the beaches. I don't think the crabs should be changed, but I'd like to see more recognition that this is an unfair disadvantage to support players rather than it being dismissed as "oh well, yeah, khyek travel just does that, sorry".

the divinity issue i came through was on dc do loadout, do dc after aquiring 3 divinity orbs, doesnt get back to normal mode, i have to change manualy to normal mode, while ac dc changes to normal mode automaticaly.
    I think what you are experiencing is a separate "issue" although it's likely not a bug.

You probably use Brand of the Sun at-will, which builds divinity over time.

The Divinity will only flip off if you have exactly 0, but since BotS is building divinity for you, you seldom get back to exactly 0 (because BotS has built some up as you were casing your 1st and 2nd divine encounters).

If you play DO, you have to get used to swapping it back off at the end. So it's not so much a bug on DO as a feature on AC, who doesn't have any viable divinity-over-time mechanics and so typically completely empties out their divinity in a rotation.
    dupeks said:

arcanjo86 said:

I think what you are experiencing is a separate "issue" although it's likely not a bug.

The Divinity will only flip off if you have exactly 0, but since BotS is building divinity for you, you seldom get back to exactly 0 (because BotS has built some up as you were casing your 1st and 2nd divine encounters).

If you play DO, you have to get used to swapping it back off at the end. So it's not so much a bug on DO as a feature on AC, who doesn't have any viable divinity-over-time mechanics and so typically completely empties out their divinity in a rotation.
    so its basicly becuse of brand of the sun dots that is filling the divinity pool?
    arcanjo86 said:

dupeks said:

arcanjo86 said:

so its basicly becuse of brand of the sun dots that is filling the divinity pool?
    Yes. I wouldn't call it a bug either. Most DOs LIKE it.

Neverwinter Census 2017

arcanjo86 said:

dupeks said:

arcanjo86 said:

Yes. I wouldn't call it a bug either. Most DOs LIKE it.
    ok ty
  • tagnusironsordtagnusironsord Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 70 Arc User
    I'm sure all the new content is great, can't wait to see it. However, since the last big update last week (July 25) I'm lucky to be able to spend 5 consecutive minutes anywhere before the game crashes. Hard. Hard enough to tank my machine.

• zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    Thanks for all the reports everyone! For any further issues or continued issues, please use the bug report forum to either make a new bug report thread or post in an existing one on the issue. Safe travels!
This discussion has been closed.