What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[PC] CW Mechanics Guide: (Mod 13)

Comments

• Options
    dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User

"if you teleport forward during the animation you will land on the fire"

I get the joke in this section, but you'll trigger relic defense buffs if you're using the weapons...

Yup that's a pain hehe. The other option is to be moving forward, jump, and then cast wheel while you're in the air. It'll deploy beneath you while you inch ever so slightly forward as you fall so that you land forward enough to trigger fire.

But yeah, relic weps are a pain with Wheel. And with dodging / footwork in the heat of battle too.
  • Options
    dairyzeusdairyzeus Member Posts: 304 Arc User
    @fizgigtiznalkie#4436 from my experience, your daily is only ever cast if you lose your ap. All the other animations you see while you still have AP are due to lag.

• Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User

Great work. Sometimes I notice I cast oppressive force and my daily is not used but it's visible on screen. It's hard to tell on PS4 with all the other DoT numbers and the blinding OP animation where the numbers are if it actually cast. You mention the animation cancelling, I assume dodging out of the red counts, is it not really casting when this happens?

@fizgigtiznalkie#4436 it isn't actually casting. This bug frequently occurs in runs with more than 1 CW where you both attempt to cast OF at the same time. I am not sure why.
  • Options
    niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    @thefabricant

In recharge speed section:

"Fight On: 2/4/6/8/10%.
    Intelligence: 1% for every point over 10 seconds.
    Wisdom: 1% for every point over 10 seconds.
    Recovery: 1% for every 200 points invested.
    Book Imp: 2% at epic.
    Arcane Presence: 20% at rank 4."

Did you really mean "points" instead of "seconds"?
  • Options
    niadan said:

@thefabricant

In recharge speed section:

"Fight On: 2/4/6/8/10%.

Intelligence: 1% for every point over 10 seconds.

Wisdom: 1% for every point over 10 seconds.

Recovery: 1% for every 200 points invested.

Book Imp: 2% at epic.

Arcane Presence: 20% at rank 4."

Did you really mean "points" instead of "seconds"?

Thanks for noticing this @niadan, ill correct it shortly xD
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    I study everything you and your motley crew of testers, theorists, and pun "artistas" write!

Again TY for the work...probably your best to date.
    Post edited by niadan on
  • Options
    rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User

I did not take part to the previous version either, I was listed as co-author for no reason.
    Anyway, here's a guide for you:

The best rule of thumb for punctuating in and around parenthetical remarks is that the sentence should be valid if you remove the parentheses and everything inside them.

Here I have an example (with a parenthetical remark).
    Here is the same example (with the same remark, even.)

Removing the entire parenthetical remark from the first sentence still leaves me with a valid structure, while removing it from the second leaves me lacking any terminal punctuation; thus the first is correct.

https://english.stackexchange.com/questions/6632/where-does-the-period-go-when-using-parentheses

Pls no ... getting English 01C flashbacks on period and colon use.

Michela secret English professor confirmed????????????
    niadan said:

I study everything you and your motley crew of testers, theorists, and pun "artistas" write! ...

Pun = art confirmed!

... wait a second, there's more than one person who makes cheesy puns in the company of Sharp's edgy wit? Who is this mysterious other pungeon master????

I must know this!

*prepares for Sharp to pun-t me*

• Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Guess
    pitshade said:

"I will try to update these sections as best as I can with the release of mod 12, but be weary investing into anything based on the information contained within these sections."

You've been so TIRELESS in your testing and I FEAR you might burn out. ;)

Guess I should have been more clear. Weary means tired, wary is the word you wanted.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    pitshade said:

Guess

pitshade said:

"I will try to update these sections as best as I can with the release of mod 12, but be weary investing into anything based on the information contained within these sections."

You've been so TIRELESS in your testing and I FEAR you might burn out. ;)

Guess I should have been more clear. Weary means tired, wary is the word you wanted.
    Thanks @pitshade, I did indeed miss this.
  • Options
    masterogamasteroga Member Posts: 474 Arc User
    Does bilethorn crit on PC? On Xbox the delayed hit only crits maybe 5% of the time for some reason. So an example is bilethorn doing 1128 on first hit (crit), and 691 damage on 2nd (non crit) for a total of 2014 damage. Holy avenger on the other hand always crits in the same test for 2600-2900.
  • Options
    ishtar62ishtar62 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Hello,

I'd like to publish your post on our guilde web site (www.uscvb.com/insanes).
    Waiting for your agreement.
    Best Regards
    Ishtart
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    ishtar62 said:

Hello,

I'd like to publish your post on our guilde web site (www.uscvb.com/insanes).
    Waiting for your agreement.
    Best Regards
    Ishtart

@ishtar62 sure, I don't mind. Thanks for asking. Also added your domain to a list of websites that have asked.
    masteroga said:

Does bilethorn crit on PC? On Xbox the delayed hit only crits maybe 5% of the time for some reason. So an example is bilethorn doing 1128 on first hit (crit), and 691 damage on 2nd (non crit) for a total of 2014 damage. Holy avenger on the other hand always crits in the same test for 2600-2900.

@masteroga sometimes the second hit crits and sometimes it does not. Figuring out the exact cause has been giving me a headache.
    Post edited by thefabricant on
  • Options
    micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User

@masteroga sometimes the second hit crits and sometimes it does not. Figuring out the exact cause has been giving me a headache.

Was there any other proc between those 2 that didn't crit? I believe they use a crit flag, and do not calculate actual chance per proc in the same tick. So you calculate only on some things if you crit or not and set the flag, and then apply to other stuff. The result of this is lostmauth effect and such.

So it can be that the main hit set the flag, first WE hit also crit, then something that can't crit reset the flag (instead of just ignoring it), following WE won't crit due to the flag.
  • Options
    micky1p00 said:

Was there any other proc between those 2 that didn't crit? I believe they use a crit flag, and do not calculate actual chance per proc in the same tick. So you calculate only on some things if you crit or not and set the flag, and then apply to other stuff. The result of this is lostmauth effect and such.

So it can be that the main hit set the flag, first WE hit also crit, then something that can't crit reset the flag (instead of just ignoring it), following WE won't crit due to the flag.
    When testing this Janne I was using Eye of the Storm for 100% crit chance. Sometimes the 2nd hit would crit when the main ability had a 100% chance to crit and other times it would not.
  • Options
    micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited July 2017

micky1p00 said:

When testing this Janne I was using Eye of the Storm for 100% crit chance. Sometimes the 2nd hit would crit when the main ability had a 100% chance to crit and other times it would not.
    Yes, you misunderstood me.

For example you have 100% crit chance, doesn't matter from where, stats or EotS. And also something that will never crit, like some boon, insignia or spellstorm

Case 1:
    You attack with at-will, it will crit. Sets crit flag to true.
    Bile begins it's procs, flag passed.
    Bile #1 looks at flag and crits too, not actual crit chance calculation.
    Bile #2 looks at flag and crits again

Case 2:
    Bile begins it's procs, flag passed or global.
    Something was of CD and proced here, for example some boon that can't crit, instead of ignoring any crit flags, it sets the referenced flag or global flag to false.
    Bile #2 looks at flag, now the flag is false, bile #2 will not crit (the crit chance is not calculated here, so having it at 100% doesn't matter).

The crit chance isn't calculated per hit, (even if 100% or 0% as it should be) but instead some damage instances are tethered to others who set crit to true or false. This is why stacks or DoTs all crit or none, or how lostmauth was, instead of the expected crit chance.

For example if you have 50% crit chance you would have expected lostmauth to crit 50% independently of the crit hit that procced it, meaning 25% of the total time, but it didn't happen
  • Options
    micky1p00 said:

micky1p00 said:

Yes, you misunderstood me.

For example you have 100% crit chance, doesn't matter from where, stats or EotS. And also something that will never crit, like some boon, insignia or spellstorm

Case 1:
    Bile begins it's procs, flag passed.
    Bile #2 looks at flag and crits again

Case 2:
    Bile begins it's procs, flag passed or global.
    Something was of CD and proced here, for example some boon that can't crit, instead of ignoring any crit flags, it sets the referenced flag or global flag to false.
    Bile #2 looks at flag, now the flag is false, bile #2 will not crit (the crit chance is not calculated here, so having it at 100% doesn't matter).

The crit chance isn't calculated per hit, (even if 100% or 0% as it should be) but instead some damage instances are tethered to others who set crit to true or false. This is why stacks or DoTs all crit or none, or how lostmauth was, instead of the expected crit chance.

For example if you have 50% crit chance you would have expected lostmauth to crit 50% independently of the crit hit that procced it, meaning 25% of the total time, but it didn't happen
    Ill take another look later, there shouldn't have been any attacks between the application and the trigger, but there is no harm in checking again.
  • Options
    silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    Thanks for sharing this Sharp! Great info; kudos to you and everyone involved.
    I aim to misbehave
  • Options
    fizgigtiznalkie#4436 fizgigtiznalkie Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    Another question, in your rotation guides in past editions you basically say magic missile for at wills and steal time for rotation. In your aura of courage section you are using chilling cloud for at will and sudden storm, do you switch to that in high mob areas like spellplague for the splash damage and uncapped target?

My single target damage went up switching to magic missile and I can't see changing the artifact weapon bonus at 5k a pop per dungeon, just curious as to what you're doing there.
  • Options
    edited July 2017

Another question, in your rotation guides in past editions you basically say magic missile for at wills and steal time for rotation. In your aura of courage section you are using chilling cloud for at will and sudden storm, do you switch to that in high mob areas like spellplague for the splash damage and uncapped target?

My single target damage went up switching to magic missile and I can't see changing the artifact weapon bonus at 5k a pop per dungeon, just curious as to what you're doing there.

@fizgigtiznalkie#4436 I use Chilling Cloud for AoE and for the most part I am too lazy to switch to a single target at will, since I use Storm Pillar as secondary at will. Its just a case of personal lazyness more than anything else though.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Mickypoo: You can literally do 1 attack with bilethorn at 100% crit chance, and the 2nd hit won't crit (with any number of different passives, and 0 procs between). It doesn't seem connected in any way to what type of attack applied it

Sharpedge: What % of hits are critting on PC? On Xbox it's maybe 5%, on boss fights it's just a stream of yellow numbers. If the same over there, what would cause you to recommend bilethorn over holy avenger?
    Post edited by masteroga on
  • Options
    masteroga said:

Sharpedge: What % of hits are critting on PC? On Xbox it's maybe 5%, on boss fights it's just a stream of yellow numbers. If the same over there, what would cause you to recommend bilethorn over holy avenger?

I actually asked Sharp this same question.

I believe the reasoning was that there is an internal proc cap, of which Sharp found when Imprisonment was lolbugged. I have no clue what the amount is, but if you attack too quickly, you end up losing some procs. I believe the delay of Bilethorn's second hit is long enough that you don't run into the internal proc cap. The proc cap only seems to be an issue on CW, because I can't think of any other class which can proc things as fast as CW can.

Speaking of loads and loads of procs, I think the CW's procs might be the possible cause of your 2nd Bile hits not critting. If we take Janne's speculation of Crit flags into account, then there's a chance you might have had an Abyss/Storm Spell/Assailant/etc. proc before the Bile second hit, all of which, to my knowledge, can't Crit, and might have set off the non Crit flag.

• Options
    Just run feytouched on boss fights and lightning on aoe and be done with it.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    @masteroga

Bilethorn's secondary hit does crit when procced by the following:
    • Conduit of Ice
    • Icy Terrain
    • Sudden Storm
    • Ray of Frost
    • Oppressive Force
    • Ice Knife
    • Chill Strike
    • Icy Rays
    • Ice Storm
    It does not crit when procced by:
    • Disintegrate
    • Steal Time
    • Shield Pulse
    • Shard of Endless Avalanche
    • Repel
    • Chilling Cloud
    • Magic Missiles
    • Imprisonment
    • Storm Pillar
    • Fanning the Flame
    • Scorching Burst
    • Furious Immolation
    • Maelstrom of Chaos
    • Arcane Singularity
    You would have to ask Cryptic why it does crit on some abilities and not on others. When I redo the comparison for mod 12, I will include the, "some abilities will benefit, others will not," caveat for crits.
  • Options
    Niadan: Fey is bugged with icy terrain. And you want to use icy terrain to proc spellstorm, assailant, weapon enchants, and lots of aura of courage. So it's only an option if you aren't using icy terrain

Rjc: it still doesn't crit when there are 0 other procs. It is definitely not a crit flag
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    *sighs*

Looks like more work to do on weapon enchant comparisons...

Thanks for this confirmation guys...

• Options
    Sharp: was that a fresh respec with no feats? I'm still getting infinity no crit with those abilities, both on dummies and actual enemies....possibly some feats are causing It?
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    masteroga said:

Sharp: was that a fresh respec with no feats? I'm still getting infinity no crit with those abilities, both on dummies and actual enemies....possibly some feats are causing It?

@masteroga on preview I have a character with no feats allocated (and no items equipped except test weapons and no boons+insignias etc) but all 124 power points, I just logged that character and checked there.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    @masteroga

I do not run IT on Boss (single target) fights. I have an aoe loadout (aoe feats, Lightning enchant in Manaseeker set) and a single target loadout (Focused Wizardry, Feytouched enchant in Fey set).

Since you mentioned AOC, Feytouched actually boosts AOC damage.
    Post edited by niadan on
  • Options
    theraxin#5169 theraxin Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    Marvelous guide and some hilarous bug.

@thefabricant: Prestidigitation bugs me a little, as it seems a bit underestaminated and only seen as a straight power buff and not as an aggregate of little (and marginal) buffs. If we reduce the power in the example for only a (more reachable) 55k, but we let the player then redistribute it's crit and ArP to power (as it seems to tend over the 100% and 60%) at the end then it's still shows a slightly better ~2,8k power addition.

And it has a lot more, tiny factor built in as a party buff. I'm not incentivising to count out the party DPS of things like DC critting slightly more in general, other players getting 200-400 recovery and the minimal survivability, but they are there.

It can be seen as nitpicking, but I see Prestidigitation as a borderline, but useful skill, where every bit can count and I feel that if we consider all of this in a package it's just has enough party utility to be considered for use (strictly as buffer). Mof renegade drow, so only 2 feat point to be distributed in this or Learned Spellcaster.

What are you thinking about it? Are these factors count or I'm just seeing things bigger than their actual relevance?
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    I use it on my aoe loadout as I am human and have 2 points to spare after maxing out Learned Spellcaster. If Sharp comes on here and tells me I should quit being stupid and put those points in fight on I will be spending some AD lol. Until then, those two points will sit there doing very little.
    Post edited by niadan on
This discussion has been closed.