test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Module 12 Speculation and Discussion

Comments

• isaintify1isaintify1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 414 Arc User
    @beckylunatic if you say so bud but please stick to the forum topic, thanks have a nice day!

I still think we may get an Undermountain module, eventually. It is something that they play at conventions, and an Undermountain re-release is long overdue.

Yeah at some point I think we will but I do not think we will see it for a while which is unfortunately.

• ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User

@silverkelt Module 6 was only bad because they released it way ahead of schedule instead of taking a few extra months to finesse things here and there, and removing the dungeons. Module 10 was a bit difficult when it came to the black ic... I mean voinblood but hey it became super easy to farm voinblood when SOMI came out.

Yeah, they rushed it.....

Now come to the realization, that there are less staff working on the game now.....

You should know what the hell will happen if they even try to attempt something like this again. They can't even properly rebalance one class now. It's just been bandaid solutions. I think that's proof enough to show how short manned the entire team is.
  • niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    I forsee more Giants in our near future. Both the "Warm" and "Breezy" types.
    @defiantone99 Well with the stream of annihilation coming up in June I guess we will more than likely find out then but till then we can dream of what it could be! XD
  • bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User
    I wish legendary tools were on the loot table for dungeons. That is all.
    Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.

edited May 2017
    The reason I am thinking MORE GIANTS:

"Each of the giants (hill, stone, frost, cloud, storm) has a different plan on how to rise to the top of the ranks, and in this module we’ll be heading back to Icewind Dale to focus on Jarl Storvald’s plan to secure a powerful artifact."

It just so happens that there are Cloud Giant cities hovering over Waterdeep and Balders Gate.

Read this:

http://www.nerdsourced.com/storm-kings-thunder-review/

Not wishing for more GIANTS. But the above sure sounds like it could be a possibility.
    Post edited by niadan on
  • pteriaspterias Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 661 Arc User
    Nah, Neverember got kicked out of Waterdeep, so he's fully invested in Neverwinter now.

I don't think we're looking at more giants. I'm pretty sure the next mod is gonna be tied closely to whatever storyline WotC is putting out in Sept. The code name they've used is "Dust", but that may only have a very vague connection with the content. I'm personally hoping for an undead themed storyline so we can visit Evernight on a more permanent basis. They may just consider Curse of Strahd their undead themed story, but I think of it as a more generic horror-ish story since there weren't a ton of undead besides the obvious.

Following the pattern of monster themed stories from WotC, we've had:
    Dragon
    Elementals
    Demons
    Strahd+friends
    Giants

Neverwinter has also covered Fey, Thayans, and Far Realm. Off the top of my head, that leaves Devils, Drow, Aberrations (Mind Flayers, Aboleths, Beholders), more direct Undead, Humanoid hordes, Netherese, and Genies/desert. They have also been trying to make tie-ins with previous adventures, and I don't think the little visit by DeVir at the end of Maze Engine was Cryptic blowing smoke. WotC probably directed that to foreshadow a future mod, maybe this one.

I also agree we haven't seen the end of Makos. He knew what was coming. He seemed more annoyed and exhausted than afraid, as if it was something he knew he was gonna have to go through, he just wasn't looking forward to it. He also couldn't be resurrected. Now, that could be because he didn't want to come back, or it could be because his spirit was already accounted for. Remember, he wasn't a wizard, he was a warlock, which means he got his power from some otherworldly entity, maybe an Arch Devil, and that power likely had a price. Said Arch Devil may be willing to send him back for another price, or he could be freed by defeating said Arch Devil.

It's also possible Makos's soul didn't come back because it was in a phylactery that he had prepared...
    edited May 2017
    We still have to find and free the real "Storm King". Jarl was a renegade bent on power after the Storm Giant King went missing. During his absence all the other Giant types are vying for supremacy.

The "story" of Storm Kings Thunder" that we played in NW is just a piece of the actual larger storyline from WOtC.

Maybe...just maybe, Neverember will help fight the cloud giants floating over Waterdeep and get out of his financial mess in return. Whatever happens, I do believe there will be more giant fights and a search for the Storm King sometime in our future.
    Post edited by niadan on
    You may be right. Just speculating like everyone else.
  • wizardlvl80#5963 wizardlvl80 Member Posts: 519 Arc User
    The storyline relies on the Neverwinter Campaign Guide for D&D 4th edition and you guys won't see any Waterdeep or Icewind Dale there. The untouched (or barely touched) topics are:

- Abolethic Sovereighnity and their Symphony of Madness. I think it would be great to see some Aboleths involved, maybe dungeon/skirmish placed in Xxiphu? Wow, this would be a dream.

- Netheril with them trying to rebuild The Flying Cities.

- Spellplague is a really good option to continue with the storyline. The Order Of Blue Fire is a really interesting organisation to investigate.

- The corruption inside Sharandar. One of the Sharandar leaders is secretly following Asmodeus and gathering more and more cultists inside eldarin hold.

- Evernight is also a pretty cool option. I really enjoyed the Shroud of Souls quest. It was perfectly deaigned imho and Evernight took my breath. I would like to see some storyline in there.

- Maegara itself. The topic is still large and can be touched. After all it's a freaking premordial sleeping under Mount Hotenow.
  • rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    They could bring Viz'eran back, he was talking with fire elemental order leader (cant remmeber her name) that would take us to Gauntlgrym at some point and that measn we could find ourselve's dealing with Bruenor and Drizzt
    that could bring Makos back too...

Some ancient dwarven armor would be nice to find buried there and Lord Neverember could make some profit from it...

-----------
    Or they would already have some more insight in next D&D book and make it follow that direction...

hard to say...
  • bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    rafaelda said:

They could bring Viz'eran back, he was talking with fire elemental order leader (cant remmeber her name) that would take us to Gauntlgrym at some point and that measn we could find ourselve's dealing with Bruenor and Drizzt
    that could bring Makos back too...

Some ancient dwarven armor would be nice to find buried there and Lord Neverember could make some profit from it...

-----------
    Or they would already have some more insight in next D&D book and make it follow that direction...

hard to say...

I do have to say that I feel as though there is some unfinished business with the storyline in the Underdark. What exactly is Gyrion trying to 'save' Neverwinter from? Does it have something to do with whatever evil things Viz'eran is playing around with?

Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.

• hadestemplar#9918 hadestemplar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,176 Arc User
    edited May 2017

This is JUST speculation.. ideas/theories or just fun stories for being to come up with about the module 12 update that is rumored to be just as big or bigger than Module 6. .

Best thing they could do is< No new content, no new weapon, no new etc. Just one mod, one freaking mod just to look what is already created and reevaluate that need to update.
    Sharandar haven't seen any changes for long time.
    Profession from level 1 to lv 20 non viable at all. ANd till player reach lv 25 it's just hobby to waste AD/materials.
    Drop table need revise< Why monsters still do drop common(white) ranked stuff at all? 99.99999% of them by default are sold to grocery.

Classes, well this matter always be hot topic. But perhaps in mod 12, put most efforts to fix most of current problems, clarify paragon paths/tress concepts. One or two month to balance class is impossible stuff, if require more time. And one whole module could be best stuff..
    Also improve ways to trace,
    In next mod 13 could focus on all other matters, would not need to worry about x class balance or think how make crafting viable. There are already lot of game content developed, yet they are not blended.

So as you can see, there are already way too many stuff which need attention.

AS for possible what do produced decide to create new? Well lets, we fought against:
    1) giants < yes
    2) dragons, obvious
    3) elementals - yeap.
    4) ghosts - current concept.
    5) magic corruption(spellplague)

SO more less remain make raid party for either heaven or hell.. :)
    ========================================================================
    “The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
    Gustave Le Bon.

==================================================
  • mimicking#6533 mimicking Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 83 Cryptic Developer
    So many wonderful ideas and theories here. I'm really enjoying reading this thread!
    Keep them coming!
    M.K.
    Go ahead, click on the chest...
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    i may have one to add, not sure it was for Mod 12 or Mod 13, "The Vampire Saga", with all new undeads.

so, we all going to need undead slayer and "Sunblade" weapons.
  • wizardlvl80#5963 wizardlvl80 Member Posts: 519 Arc User
    Why not to speculate more?

- We could have a campaign with the Demonic Princes: Grazz't, Orcus and Demogorgon.
    - If I think Underdark - I say Menzoberanzan.
    - Campaign with Illithids storyline. They delve under Gauntlgrym after their Ur-Brain was contained with Spellplague.
    - If we would go with the D&D 5 current production line, we could try to find entrance to Barovia to fight evil count Strahd von Zarovich. A dungeon in Castle Ravenloft? Yes, please.
  • disposablehero#5903 disposablehero Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    There are two demon princes present, I think a journey through the abyss or even parts of the nine hells to locate the books of naming would be fun. We've only seen a few types of the infernal and abyssal creatures that exist in the lore, and the blood war is an interesting topic to read about in general, and if any of you have done high level tabletop you know also that dealing with the infernal makes for some awesome game sessions.
    Dungeon Interior Coordinator for WAR-BOUND. <i class="Italic"></i>

PS4 characters:
    Brie Liadon, Shotgun Wizard
    Disposable Hero, Kidney removal technician
    Valorous Cake, Armored pastry defender
    Ginger Christ needs no introductions
  • torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User

So many wonderful ideas and theories here. I'm really enjoying reading this thread!
    Keep them coming!
    M.K.

play my spelljammer foundry quests!
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
    Thanks for all the fish.
    Alright so I had another idea of what Module 12 could be or ideas in general... So After the wraiths were unleashed not all of them had been "cleansed/defeated", and one powerful wraith had been released. It went to search for its master "Idris the Revenant" and unseal her from a bindings as she was unable to be killed before by a group of adventurers. We get reports from Doomguide Vesper Soulhearth that there are strange happenings in and around the large castle. (Unsure of its name) Soulhearth requests us to assist him in taking a look around the crypts to make sure they are secure, but to only be ambushed by the once again newly risen Barrow Lords of Ebon Downs. Forced to retreat and take up plans against this possible new threat. Of course we later find out that that Idris is being unsealed by some wraith possibly from being released by Lukans foolish actions. We have to stop it from happening.
    After all is said and done maybe their could be some sort of connection between the incident at Ebon Downs and the newly revived Lich from Module 11.b. Who wants revenge against you for what you did to him. (No spoilers here lol) This could lead to something like Module 12.b or 13 or whatever lol.

Hope someone thinks that this is a cool and fun idea! XD

Why not to speculate more?

- We could have a campaign with the Demonic Princes: Grazz't, Orcus and Demogorgon.
    - If I think Underdark - I say Menzoberanzan.
    - Campaign with Illithids storyline. They delve under Gauntlgrym after their Ur-Brain was contained with Spellplague.
    - If we would go with the D&D 5 current production line, we could try to find entrance to Barovia to fight evil count Strahd von Zarovich. A dungeon in Castle Ravenloft? Yes, please.

That would be really awesome :smiley: Id like to see the return of the illithids.