test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

So, did I just finish Mod 11b?

litaaerslitaaers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 871 Arc User
I went through the tasks, got the shroud, and ....

is that it? Not sure if I missed something. And will the final battle be repeatable weekly, or something?

Comments

• Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    You can kill the wraiths that may drop a key for the Shard of Night.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    Thanks!
  • Options
    sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User
    Kill wraiths in River district to get a key for the tower again? Do we know if there is a weekly or anything added?
  • Options
    dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    Yeah. That's... pretty much it.
    Kill more paranoid delusions [cough] ... no I mean wraiths. Yes. Wraiths.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
  • Options
    arabaturarabatur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 778 Arc User
    So what's the drop rate on the key? The standard Cryptic once in a blue moon or something more palatable?
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    Think of Mod 11B as a guild update, with loadouts as a bonus - new playable content is rather meager, but well.... that's what Mod 12 will be for, I guess.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    One of the developer streams more or less told us that the purpose of half mods are QOL improvements and stuff like that. Not necessarily for additional content.
  • Options
    nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    Hi everyone! Just to reiterate what others have said, since this is a half module the core focus was not on the story. Once you have recovered the Shroud, that ends the questline. The wraiths in the River District have a chance to drop the Shadow Key which will allow you to repeat the final battle.
  • Options
    nodeexpoliters#8425 nodeexpoliters Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Calling it a 1/2 mod is no excuse for a lack of content. Fixing up guild halls isn't content and the cost in Masterworks for decorations (furniture) is bluntly outrageous.
  • Options
    pteriaspterias Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 661 Arc User
    While it lasted, I really liked the little storyline. It was nice to see a familiar... jar... from the early days and the new "town" was really cool! I always wondered if we'd ever get to visit it. I was really hoping it was a place we could revisit or hang out in. It's a shame it's a "one time per character" deal, I'm surprised this wasn't done in chapters like everything else. I really hope we can go back to a more fleshed out version in a more persistent way in the future. I guess it depends on WotC storylines, but I now hope we can have an undead themed full mod soon.

It would have also been nice if there was some recurring aspect to it other than farming keys. Making the Shard a weekly similar the mage Lairs would have been nice. Rewarding some Magical Writings (plural) from it would have been even better.

Overall though, I'll be caught up with my mains in a few days and have nothing left to do. I guess I have 3 options: Mindlessly grind AD, start slogging my GF or OP through mods 10/11 (*shudders*), or take some time off and play some other games.
  • Options
    niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    Add a 5th boon stucture....there, something worthwhile to do.

Could not resist guys.

Sorry.
  • Options
    nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    Popping in this thread again to say that this feedback is actually of great value to the team. Knowing how to balance feature content with story content is a large aspect of design scoping. I know our loremaster Randy puts a lot of work into the storylines and I hope everything else that's stored in his head can see light of day over time :)
  • Options
    mtndogmtndog Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    I LOVED the story line of recovering the shroud. I thought it was really well done. I was disappointed it went so quickly and we will not return. Alot of work for 15 min quest. But right now, when we have nothing to do, I feel the devs gave us what we had asked for. A dungeon that drops stuff we can sell! I made almost 200 K off of FBI yesterday and a few guild mates got the drop from Spell plague that sells for up to 2 million! Finally, a way to make AD by running the toughest dungeons in the game! yahoo! -Darcy Of Mountainair BLADERUNNER
  • Options
    rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    I liked the story in Mid 11B, the armor looks really nice, i will not wear that one in any toon, but it really looks nice, and is a easy to get armor for new players what is always nice...

And most off all that fact that it was not gated behind 5, 10 15 daily tasks like Underdark quests...

Now i plan to take my time to run my alts there, since i wnat to runn it all in one run i think i will run 1 per weekend (and that says i have more 3 weekend to run it...)

anyway tks for the storyline !

For those taht say what to do, you can farm SOMI to get relic weapons and armor set/restored, if you already did it you can play for fun and farm ad wille doing this...
    play for fun btw should be the main way to play in a game that identify himself as "casual"...

Other option's would be level your mastercraft (not that i will do this...)
    or work for the guild... (if is not rank 20 already)

• Options
    hawkeyelhawkeyel Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    Story content is the most important thing of all for me. As an older player my own history goes back to the D&D days as I and my group followered along the path and into the AD&D days it was the story.This is why you find so many wanting the Foundery up and running . The story part of this is the thing that makes it special.
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    I ran it last night finally and loved it. Yes, every instance was recycled but they changed the ambience enough to not stick out so badly. The call back character was fun, especially given the voice actor. I loved Evernight. As much as I am thankful for the lack of new dailies, it wouldn't have been so bad to hang out there.

This would be a perfect point to rerelease Throne of Idris btw...

My only complaint is that more things were crammed into the River District. The Crypt has left a giant hole in one of my cut throughs and it annoying to have to fight wraiths AND Nashers for one stencil chest.

The stats in the shroud look good and the skin is very nice.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    I was unclear on whether running the Shard of Night again would yield another Shroud, since it is Salvagable. I got another key, ran it again, and got the box from the chest, but I guess the Shroud is a 1-time thing.

I would make that known, since you cannot get it again. Some people might mistakenly think they can repeat the reward.
  • Options
    matthattrmatthattr Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    You guy's have it so bad.....
    Not having any content to "enjoy". *sheds a tear*
    It's so rough not having a time wall to wade (waste time) through.....
    Must be bad knowing you're not 3-5 campaigns behind before you can even play, let alone grouse about current skimpiness of content....
    I wouldn't know...since I'm still wasting time through the old content time wall....

NOW THERE WOULD BE A GOOD VIP BENEFIT! drop the time caps on dailies etc. on old content HAMSTER so i could run them 14 times in a day to get past time walls and grouse about shrouds!
  • Options
    majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    Like many others, I enjoyed the content as well. Evernight especially, as the artistry really captured (at least for me) a realistic representation of the city as the dark twin of Neverwinter. The intoxication effects were a nice and welcome distraction and I'm smacking myself in the head for not picking up more of the Ghoulish Concoction while I was there. :p Its a real shame that its not replayable like the other content. Seems like a bit of a step back, though not a terribly big one. All in all, would love to see more content like this released in the future. Barring that, please fix the foundry. It was one of my favorite aspects of Neverwinter outside of the storyline content.
    ~Shia~

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
    Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
    Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anoited Champion (Faith.)
    Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
    Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
    Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
    Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 60, Rom Sci
    S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 60, Rom Eng
    T'Lyra, LvL 60, Fed, Vul Sci
    Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac