test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Developer Stream: State of the Game [3/7]

1235»

Comments

• ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    If foundry was available on console I would happily run the content - unfortunately it doesn't appear that will be possible. I understand the difficulty so I'm not mad at them over it, but I would have loved to have tried some of the player made content.
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    Not looking good for PVP. They are testing dueling and there "might" be a new map "out of content they have". Translation: Not currently working on something. I'm also a bit worried about the effort they have to put into. It's not quite the foundry, but a few new maps and balancing won't save PVP any more. It needs a complete overhaul. From the way you acquire gear to a competitive system and campaign.
  • araneaxaraneax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 639 Arc User
    Can you please, for the love of Gods, fix the freaking forum ?

I am sick of putting effort in what i wrote in and then if i try to edit it , it vanishes.

Anyone ?

d7d81448-df6b-48cf-94a0-cf1ba87d861a_zpsish6zr2v.jpg

• wizardlvl80#5963 wizardlvl80 Member Posts: 519 Arc User

@wizardlvl80#5963

"Execuse me for liking the game I play and not moaning about it. And guess what. If I ever stop to like this game I'll find another one."

Well, mate, Queen's best to ya.

That's how you deal with a game you love? Play it until it sucks then leave? Sounds good. Good luck with that.

I reserve my right to "moan".

I've earned that right to "moan" about NWO after 3 1/2 years and a several hundred quid invested. So you deal your way and I'll deal mine, k mate?

The developers will not be motivated to make improvements unless paying customers give constructive criticism and feedback on the content ("moaning", in your words).

Glad you are enjoying Mod11. You are welcome... it's the work of us "moaners" working on preview Mod after Mod to do quality control and "moaning" feedback that allow you to have "basically a no problem for me" enjoyment @wizardlvl80#5963 . Cheers. Enjoy.

Some of us "moan" because we care and are trying to make it better.

Well... I love my wife, I love my job, I love my friends. If you say you're in love with cpu game then I think I see your problem. If you think that playing the game gives you right to moan, then good luck with it.

If you think that developers won't be motivated when they don't take criticism - LOL - have you ever had a job? My paycheck is my motivation. Not some random guy who complains about my work no matter what I do. Just to say - I work in IT buisness and let me assure you that client is NEVER happy. No matter what you will do, they will always whine and cry about some irrelevant things. That's why I underderstand the process of DEVELOPMENT.

And please, don't misunderstood constructive criticism with all this moaning. I understand the need for bugfixes. But all this discussion about class balance, bondings nerfs (lol), new content is bad etc. is nothing I would care for if I was Cryptic developer.

Your problem is that you want everything good and want it now. No matter what people get here, they cry. There's always a problem - never a kind word.

That's why I say - why even bother if so many people here are frustrated? Go for a walk, on a date, find a new game. Just don't do things that frustrate you and you'll be a happier person.
  • diloul31diloul31 Member Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    You should avoid trying to give life lessons to people...

You enjoy the game with its flaws, good for you.
    We enjoy the game but would like to see the legion of bugs and problems fixed, good for us, we don't need your aprobation.

That's all there is to say, the rest is useless.
    Post edited by diloul31 on
  • lolnubelolnube Member Posts: 2 Arc User

Hey, I've been loving 'The illusionist Gambit' Skirmish, and i was wondering if we'd be seeing a dungeon that maybe incorporated some of the randomized monsters and effects with with the bad-HAMSTER traps, And if not might we be seeing some of those traps or effects, Particularly the most fowl one, come to the foundry eventually?

OMG IT IS TRUE WHAT THE NW STREAMERS ARE SAYING. The reason why we get awful dungeons and skirmishes is because of people like this posting this on the forums. A message to developers... End game and Mid game players like myself do not enjoy this random run. We like the way dungeons and skirmishes are suppose to be, Dungeons like TOS, Karrundax, Frozen Heart, Dread Vault. We want dungeons like those. Not single room skirmishes with random things going off. And worse of all. Wacky dungeons with single target boss fights I also want to add, these types of dungeons should not be as bad as we say they are. We say they are terrible because they are everywhere, Dungeons need diversity Not all dungeons should have boss fights like this. Especially not end game dungeons. When you do this we have boss fights where boss's run away or do some weird stuff to to stop the fight. We want the old days back when we would leave the tank on the boss and have to go and take care of adds. These new 'dungeon' are not fun. Spell Plague will be ran through and look down on by end gamers the same way the look down on and do not like FBI. Ask them... go.. There are many 4k people online at any time of the day. Most of them are from pre mod3. They enjoy the older dungeons. Why are all the dungeons today single target HAMSTER fights? idk. What do the devs want us to do? Why do we need to do a month and a half long campaign to unlock a dungeon? We want the old dungeons back. Listen to the end gamers please. They want content to run. They want more than one dungeon run that doesn't have a single target in a room at the end. Today the only good dungeon in the game is ETOS. It would be awesome if it were a tiered dungeon. With tiers for 2k,3k and 4k players. Stop changing the dungeons that are brought back. We don't like the ones you change. We don't like CN, We don't like SP. CN is not CN. SP is not SP. What happened? Did the lore change in the chasm? Bring back the old dungeons the way they used to be.
    MY POINT IS : WE WANT DUNGEONS WITH HARD HITTING MOBS and LOTS OF THEM. We want TANKS TO BE TANKS, CLERICS TO BE CLERICS, AND DPS TO BE DPS.
    PS. Really Good work with the new campaign. Mod 11 was a nice step up from the disasters of mod 10 and 10.5.
    There are many things that could be better with mod11. Like SP not being at the top of the campaign tree.
    Mod 11 would have been better if you made it a raid. instead of putting these new bosses in the SP dungeon. They don't belong there. The SP Dungeon belong to the Aboleth Overseer and the Mouth of Mad. Not these new folks. We old players look at this dungeon and we can see you people have very little respect for the lore. The original Lore. Do better next time.
    Im a very old player. Been playing since mod 3 release.
  • draco16#8040 draco16 Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    I appreciated that the developers responded to my question on mastercrafting by saying that it would be part of the yet to be described SH changes but there was not much detail to the response. Are the new armor to be added to the game for crafting going to be improved or are they going to improve the current craft able items? Right now with the exception of the rings the resf of the craft able jewelry is junk items. Any thought to reducing the cost of crafting even? It seems like many of the questions were glossed over.
    The Draconic Brotherhood GH 20
    Escape the Ordinary GH 20

Lord Havok GWF
    Lady Icethorn CW
    Brother Heals DC
    Lord Bubble OP
    Sister Tetera GF
  • laethyn1laethyn1 Member Posts: 4 Arc User

My paycheck is my motivation.

I don't know a single game developer (and I know quite a few) who this is true for. Because if "a paycheck" is the sole motivation, the game industry isn't the right career path.

• fantasticmfantasticm Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    One of the main problems I think is that instead of building onto an existing system they start reinventing the wheel. So many things that made neverwinter great have been left unattended, I would even go so far as to say the magic is gone.

Take gear and professions for example. You used to be able to craft bis items like rings, now there is a heavy rng behind it and masterwork crafting is useless again. A solution could be so simple but devs overthink everything. One think you could do is either run dungeons for resources that are behind a much lower rng wall and then you have to craft your bis items again or if rng than have every mob that drops unidentified gear give you the chance to get this bis item. Right now the lvl 70 gear that drops is trash and not even worth a scroll of identification and professions once again are useless. If you have the base work done, all you need to do is to add to it.

Not sure if that could be implemented but a lot of endgame players are bored and all they do is sit around and wait for an opponent to come to duel in iwd. Why not dislodge the pvp aspect from the game, have a separate option on the start screen and use your character from the pve content via a copy paste system or import system and then battle pvp. That is then without any pve campaigns, mount bonuses and stuff. Have its own campaigns for pvp and New mount bonuses perhaps.

While it is important to add new content it is equally important to have stiff that's not broken. You don't expand a company when your current one is not working 100%
  • ivansinkovic1ivansinkovic1 Member Posts: 43 Arc User

ravenskya said:

Here is what should be added to the chests EVERY time we open them.

Marks and wards, one in every chest, same as salvage.
    Regular dungeons = green
    epics = blue
    Master epics = purple
    FBI, MSVA, SVA = the stupid stuff for those relic weapons
    New content that the Consoles haven't seen = whatever we need to upgrade those weapons.

At least one in EVERY chest, and if we don't get a mark we should get a preservation ward/coal ward.

An account bound pres ward in every epic chest in the game would be awesome.
    I would like rather a % chance to get not just p.wards but also c.wards something like:
    Instead invoking giving the 11 coins chests there would be a 3 keys costing 11 coins each, those keys could be used in a box droped in dungeons in the 3 forms we now know the 11 coins to have(the diferent types of RP) but instead of the drop chances we have currently, increased chance for the best rewards, the game is infested with invocation bots forcing people to run dungeons (epic) but increasing the boxes drops would do the trick, i think.
    You can drop c.ward. - I have dropped one (acc. bound) in MC, it's just that they are pretty rare.