test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Developer Stream: State of the Game [3/7]

Comments

• ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    diloul31 said:

- Can you please consider that many great games are coming and if you want us to keep playing your game from time to time, you MUST ease the endless grinding ?

This is a good point. Two off the top of my head that are coming "Soon(tm)" are:
    - Crowfall
    - Chamelot Unchained.

If Neverwinter doesnt get its ducks in a row by the time these release, there will be a hug exodus of players. Those games will also be the final nail in the coffin for PVP.

This is why I am so fixated on PVP atm. If you have ANY hope in retaining the PVP players (the players who historically spend A LOT more) then this is a crucial year to start looking at ways to improve the PVP community.

Tenacity wasnt a bad idea AT FIRST, however now its segregated the population. Before tenacity the best PVE gear was the best PVP gear - the community was together in wanting to do ALL the content. NOW, it seems, any new content is divided. Either the PVE players care but it gives nothing to PVPers, OR the PVPers care but it gives nothing to PVE players.

You can END all that, AND fix the community by adopting the "WOW-itemization" model for PVP. They completely standardized all gear in PVP and it worked!

This is the only think I see that will allow NW to survive the "storm" of new games coming... Fix this, and PVP players will care about PVE again, and PVP will see a big influx of players wanting to play - because everyone will be competitive.

I wrote about this on page 2, and in the other thread. So details are abound if you care to look.
  • akta#9913 akta Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    No more loot rolls. Please just get rid of it
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    ayroux said:

diloul31 said:

- Can you please consider that many great games are coming and if you want us to keep playing your game from time to time, you MUST ease the endless grinding ?

This is a good point. Two off the top of my head that are coming "Soon(tm)" are:
    - Crowfall
    - Chamelot Unchained.

If Neverwinter doesnt get its ducks in a row by the time these release, there will be a hug exodus of players. Those games will also be the final nail in the coffin for PVP.

This is why I am so fixated on PVP atm. If you have ANY hope in retaining the PVP players (the players who historically spend A LOT more) then this is a crucial year to start looking at ways to improve the PVP community.

Tenacity wasnt a bad idea AT FIRST, however now its segregated the population. Before tenacity the best PVE gear was the best PVP gear - the community was together in wanting to do ALL the content. NOW, it seems, any new content is divided. Either the PVE players care but it gives nothing to PVPers, OR the PVPers care but it gives nothing to PVE players.

You can END all that, AND fix the community by adopting the "WOW-itemization" model for PVP. They completely standardized all gear in PVP and it worked!

This is the only think I see that will allow NW to survive the "storm" of new games coming... Fix this, and PVP players will care about PVE again, and PVP will see a big influx of players wanting to play - because everyone will be competitive.

I wrote about this on page 2, and in the other thread. So details are abound if you care to look.
    Neverwinter is a PvE centric game and they're not competing for the players that will migrate to PvP centric MMOs like the titles you're citing. If PvP was really that important a revenue stream for Cryptic they'd be focusing on it more. It's not like there haven't been new MMOs being released all the time either. Black Desert was supposed to kill Neverwinter and then it turned out to be a bad Korean MMO. Wildstar was supposed to compete with WoW and kill Neverwinter too etc. etc.

There are already plenty of games competing with Neverwinter, adding another one really isn't going to change much because there are a limited number that are actually successful.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    I am glad there is a stream, I glad there is new content, I don't want to listed to you talk about the new content, I am sure it is great and you worked hard on it, much appreciated. I would much rather hear about some real topics such as:

What can be done to scale back some of the RNG especially for character progress items such refinement items, marks, gear, power points etc...

Removal of gear gate tactics like frost resist

Addition of mid - upper range dungeon content with or without a story

Any potential revamping of PvP...like just throw a couple pins on some new maps or something, it cant be that hard

State of the key changes and loot tables - how does that seem to be working for the game and the community

Any things that can be added to make the game more alt friendly

TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    ravenskya said:

Things I would like:
    1) A wardrobe to hold fashion items out of my inventory - this would make me more inclined to collect fashion
    2) More ranks to VIP - an extra key, decrease gold cost for making keys, decrease or remove gold cost for swapping enchants, ability to unbind equipment, etc.
    3) Respec abilities for a single portion of the character (respec just feats or just skills)
    4) more ways to get coal wards
    5) undo ninja nerf to dungeon drops (we all know it happened)
    6) A Ravenloft campaign - and before you say it's up to WOTC - I emailed them and they said they didn't have a problem with it, but it was your game so that it was up to you guys where you wanted to go with it.
    7) Strongholds - and this could stop some of the spammers - give us the ability to build everything that we need in the stronghold to never need to go to PE other than for quests - including a special events person. If people aren't hovering in PE then the chat spamming will be less lucrative
    8) Strongholds - fix the guild banks, give us an ability to see when a member last logged in and when they last donated to the coffer
    9) Can we have somewhere to go that isn't arctic? I'm over snow
    10) support characters need a better way to make it through the top end campaigns, not everything needs to be a DPS fest
    11) stop making me need to feed/charge/care for my equipment. It's not a pet, it's a pair of shoes
    12) stop adding new marks/refinement stuff - and do away with account bound/character bound/unbound for all refinement/marks/wards. There is no reason for it, my TR isn't more attached to that one mark of potency over another.
    13) Unless it is quest specific - it shouldn't be more than account bound
    14) allow the unlocking of dungeons on one character to unlock them across all of your characters
    15) multiple loadouts
    16) the TR WK needs work, so does the Healadin. Every one of the three trees on every character class should be a viable option for building a character. As should both options at 30 - right now this couldn't be farther from reality.
    17) respec tokens once opened should go into a main pool to respec any of your characters. They shouldn't be locked on a single character.
    18) we need an ability to unbind things from characters and turn them back into account bound.
    19) decrease the amount of time and gold it takes to make dungeon keys
    20) fix the ability to add people to the queue group that aren't in your group
    21) fix the ability to kick people from the group that aren't in your instance
    22) allow stacking of unused overloads

excellent list.

7) Strongholds - and this could stop some of the spammers - give us the ability to build everything that we need in the stronghold to never need to go to PE other than for quests - including a special events person. If people aren't hovering in PE then the chat spamming will be less lucrative

this is a really strong idea imo.
  • markeen#2032 markeen Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    Some points I've read here that I would like to see across all platforms. I've added my own thoughts to these.

1) removed character binding unless quest specific

2) rid of voninblod for maintaining gear. Nearly impossible if you are in a populated instance.

3) revisit loot tables. grinding for common/uncommon gear is not fun

4) lower cost to build in strongholds. I have a new guild with a small group of players and earning coffer loot to build is taking forever. Maybe make it based on how many members the guild has and having it increase as the guild gains members.
    Founder of Knights of Ra guild in Neverwinter PS4. Founder of The Arashikage Clan in Defiance, formally of PlayStation Home.
  • zenbarrrizenbarrri Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    1) Enchants: Will there ever be a change to any / all types of enchants in regards to upgrading. As it stands they reach a point (1% chance to upgrade) where they require an ungodly amount of preservation wards or the $10.00 out of our pocket cash purchase of a coalesent ward at each new upgrade. Multiply that per invidual items upgrade then add every other item you have that requires the same upgrade and we are talking a small fortune here and thats just on one character, never mind if you have alts. Please do not even mention they are available as drops through other items as I have been here since 2nd beta and trust me I have a better chance at winning the lottery then getting one of those. And the AH is a grind from hell on top of all the other new grinding we have to do now just to try and get this new gear to a place they are worth anything.

2) Lockbox's: They seem to have reached a plateau of only giving out the bottom set items or every once in a while a blue item and then most of the time it always seems to be the usuall bottom tier of those also. In two years of VIP I believe I received 2 purple items, 1 I already had that I could not sell and only thing I could do was discard it and 2 another mount I really didnt need and could not even sell. In all honesty that 1 key a day is what really makes the cost worthwile until all you get is really nothing of worth to help further your character.

3) Hunter Ranger Class: I tried the available classes since 2nd beta until the Hunter Ranger came out, at which point even as new as it was I finally felt that I found my style of play. For the next few mods it was great, an enjoyment to play how you wanted, always got the job done and were desired as an intragal part to the party. Since mod 5/6 the HR class has become a defunct class that is no longer desired in the partys, especially for the latest Epic / Master dungeons unless of course you comply to being the trapper and complying to the same key grind of same moves time after time after time. With my best gear on my IL is 3.3K, my stats are very noteworthy, yet trying to play my style now leaves me at the bottom of the ranks wile other HR's with say 2400IL and stats half as good as mine out dps'ing me to the point they are at the top of the ranks simply because they fall into that specific trapper role. Now either my account maybe has some strange mathmatical issues or ???

Lastly is the direction the "Game" is taking. As if grinding before wasnt hard enough, now with the addition of the last 2 modules it has become an outright slap in the face to the players whom are the ones making all the money for you and providing you the jobs you have. All the fancy words and hidden psycological bs that are used during the creation of the new content has continously left us flat on our faces with the feeling of "oh hell, are you serious". The saddest part is you know we dont have a choice but to leave and there will always be someone to take our place, the typical numbers game played in business throughout history. Why is it so hard to respect all of us that have contributed into this game and to your jobs and where the only desire we have is to have a fun and inviting enviroment to play in that is fair to everyone.
  • kangkeokkangkeok Member Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    Is there any future plan for Archery HR tree? Does the developer team aware of Archery HR issue and will the solution to it coming any soon?

• duskwoodduskwood Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    Will we see new planes? The Abyss or Demonweb pits for instance? OR more of the underdark? Menzoberranzan? I REALLY want to see more places, and I love drow :D Forgotten realms is SO cool.
  • terrydennisauterrydennisau Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    "State of the Game" I have enjoyed NW from day 1 and while I have found some issues frustrating in the past, I could live with them as I really enjoy the game. My question is,
    Are the drop rates for Arcanic Focus going to be fixed (doing 50 dig sites for 2 focus is really not an appropriate reward for the level of grind!) ?
    Wasn't it professed that they would be easier to get?
  • rickywade123rickywade123 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Hope you are well I won on the last dev live stream you had said to let you know what platform I play on I sent a few messages I know your busy so I thought you may see this one Thanks
  • kangkeokkangkeok Member Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    duskwood said:

Will we see new planes? The Abyss or Demonweb pits for instance? OR more of the underdark? Menzoberranzan? I REALLY want to see more places, and I love drow :D Forgotten realms is SO cool.

I hope we'll go back to underdark like icewindale did. The map is so empty. Also they should bring back dread vault in the process and introduce a new underdark dungeon.
  • zeroscarlett#9233 zeroscarlett Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    Are cross class transmutes something you could consider bringing to the game?

It gives people tons of fashion options without having to create new content. It's a win win.
    Would you consider making fashion and adventuring gear mixable?

Maybe create a feet option for fashion as well?

As in I could wear my sweet dragonflight boots with my jesters outfit and so on?
    And not exactly a question but I strongly second the unbind from character to account option. I'd buy it.
  • teamstephonteamstephon Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    why not fix the server and fix the lag cause im sure tired of it killing me when i cant play cause this has been going on ever since the winter event has ended where i hope they will be doing some down changes to the new campaign so the cw rangers and monsters cant just 2 shot you right out of the blue
  • maccaellich#8726 maccaellich Member Posts: 1 New User
    1) New class would be nice.
    2) Cleric to be balanced and more like the D&D one...at the moment you might as well play a healadin or paladin since the cleric no longer has a strong DPS option. I used to play clerics all the time in NN (and tabletop D&D) and I'm sad to say that you implementation is a step backwards. Give us back turn undead and a stronger DPS route would be appreciated.
    3) More RPG/story and less grind. I really don't like hitting level 70 then repeat, repeat, repeat content like a teenager with ADD.
    4) Make the Gods relevent. As someone said add artifact quests, Clerical and Paladin armour with specific Gods symbols on, or even give different blessings when praying. Make the choice real and not cosmetic.
    5) Fix the glitch that makes people who select Moonshae Isles as origin, not show later in game history as 'Dalelands'.
    6) Bruenors dailies...make them shared if in a group (commonly known as rewarding teamwork), it is really annoying when you share this quest in your party to find everyone got a different area to kill Demons in.
    7) <b class="Bold">Give storyline priority</b>
  • treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User

Got a question for you guys, you guys have class specific artifacts, why not God specific artifacts? Make a special quest related to what each God or Goddess represents and have the players follow the quest line for these certain artifacts.

Yass and preferentially need to be deserved like the class artifacts were before.

• cinder8000cinder8000 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Any possibility for augments/pets to see a buff that would get them closer to bondings and become a viable companion option? If so, when?
  • dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    Why release new content before dozens of repeatedly-documented broken content and features (egs. GF Protector Capstone) are fixed?
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
  • colossusdc#9777 colossusdc Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    I was wondering where i can get the slayer amulet on xbox. I have the ring and belt, but cannot get the set bonus without the last piece...online digging says they are not available on console yet...any validity to that or plans to add?
    Why are there so many promotions and giveaways for pc but very few if any for xbox? I have won or received a few limited availability codes, Only to see the pc only message after attempting to redeem.
    Any plans to create a mobile app for consoles ? so we can do some profession tasks or menu micro management while we are away from home.. or on my work breaks ?
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    urabask said:

If PvP was really that important a revenue stream for Cryptic they'd be focusing on it more.

Lol. You just proved my point. I know for a fact that PVP is a LARGE portion of revenue for the company. I used to have a buddy who was a DEV at Cryptic who shared that about a year ago PVP was more than HALF of their Revenue.

So I guess we agree then "they should be focusing on it more" :P
  • kalimoucho44kalimoucho44 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 28 Arc User
    I suppose this was already asked, but :

- Rewards when you get an amount of collections points ? the same for (don't know the name in english) exploits points (kill 250 dragons for example) yes there are titles, but I think players needs better rewards from that.

Tr BlackbombA
    French guild : L'Ordre Du Dragon Noir
  • rickywade123rickywade123 Member Posts: 16 Arc User

Hope you are well I won on the last dev live stream you had said to let you know what platform I play on I sent a few messages I know your busy so I thought you may see this one Thanks

forktounge32
  • cottonmouth12ncottonmouth12n Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    You're not the only one who won during the last dev stream and hasn't received the "prize" yet. Count me in right along with you.
  • methouse#6281 methouse Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    when will we get a new Class and or Race? Dungeon TIERS PL.
  • spacemanrazz#3099 spacemanrazz Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    What sort of new events will we be seeing with the introduction of this?