test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Developer Stream: State of the Game [3/7]

Comments

• jabr#5141 jabr Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Do you plan to build a better bridge between new lvl 70s and endgame? Such as Ilvl Recommendations for lvl 70 campigns and/or a guide for new lvl 70s to learn how to gear up?
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    jabr#5141 said:

Do you plan to build a better bridge between new lvl 70s and endgame? Such as Ilvl Recommendations for lvl 70 campigns and/or a guide for new lvl 70s to learn how to gear up?

Is this really needed? Most guilds can provide this to newer players. I think its relatively straight forward.

You can do the modules - unlock boons and easily get gear this way too. Join a Guild and start doing SH quests and can get SH gear too.

I do think this is relevant to the PVP conversation though, because gear isnt AS necessary in PVE as it is in PVP. In PVE if you get "average" gear you can do most of the content well.

In PVP "average" gear doesnt even put a dent in BIS player gear. So the "gear/power gap" is much more of a problem.

Personally I think there are too many "modules" each with their own quest lines and boons... In my opinion, it wouldnt be a BAD idea to increase the level cap to 80 and use the modules as "leveling areas" instead. Starting Sharandar at lvl 68-71 ish and working your way up from there + SH quests.

This way a player who hits max level (at 80) would have majority of boons done.
  • ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User

And not exactly a question but I strongly second the unbind from character to account option. I'd buy it.

omg yes. there are times i'm not gonna go to the effort for an alt but I have old used artifact gear. if you've bought it you should be able to transfer it among your alts. all the things should be transferable among your account.
    I would love to hand-me-down items as my mains out grow them. Especially rings, artifacts and companions.
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• mcgwarfacemcgwarface Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    Please in the future can we get some transmorg love for pally weapons (spears) and let dragonborn wear helmets ......Ill send you cookies :)
  • lifeofrisklifeofrisk Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    pvp
  • taconight1977#6814 taconight1977 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    I am new to the game. Playing on xbox one. Watching the stream now. I just want to add a bit of feedback.

I purchased VIP and a Mount. I had no problem paying 60$ for a game that gave me a ton of enjoyment. I still enjoy it and will probably drop 15$ or so a month as a sub model , maybe more.

The issue that I have with this is that there is no real recommended starter package that truly benefits a new players. I think a great addition to the zen shop would be a package that veterans recommend for different aspects of a players game progress.

A new adventurer pack. extra slot, bag, vip, and a mount. That's all i wanted when i started.

I feel that this game is great but the demands for convenience are making it difficult to justify the forking over cash at every turn. I was really excited about the siege event having never done it before and the chance at some earned boxes. The minute i saw the boxes on the store, i realized that the amount i farmed wouldn't amount to any substantial rewards since you can just buy them with cash. It was disheartening. I've opened my daily box every day and i feel that VIP was the biggest waste of money my first month that i spent. I get garbage from the bags, i can't use epic dungeon scrolls because im not really at an ilvl that's worthy.

I look at when i'll receive a benefit that i feel is valuable. 4months of vip for fast travel. So to save more frustration, another 30 bucks over on top of the 50 for my pack, the 10 for vip and so forth and so on. Recommended gear for an alt, item shop, recommended companion, item shop. I am pretty responsible with my money so i wont just throw it out but i also don't want to spend so much at once. I'll pay for my entertainment but the restrictions so early really feels like too much of a requirement upfront.

i may be totally offbase here but it's just the way the game has made me feel as i've progressed through it. I really think you have a great product and can make a ton of money of your item shop without making it so hard for newer players to stick through it.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    Riiight....

Watching this now.

M11B will be announced "soon" and is supposed have a lot of guild-related rewards, including Mastercraft-related updates.

No mention of any of the M11 issues people have been raising recently, like why the M11 weapon restoration was "sabotaged" (the Arcanic Focus issue), turning M11 weapon restoration into a mind-numbing grind.

No mention of plans for fixing the broken M11 dig sites.

New stronghold content coming soon - duel arenas?

And yes...the Unstoppable issue finally solved...what? That will make some people very happy.

No promises on new classes (there was a class planned for M12, but resources were moved to the new game, and it sounds like it will be delayed....m13, maybe?)

A TR revision is likely to be happen after the DC rework is done.

"M12 has a lot more rewards in it" (compared to M11, I assume.)

Regarding the Foundry, there was no response other than excuses why it is as broken as it is....doesn't sound like it will ever become relevant again.

Loadouts, you get them at level 30 - will be included in the next module. Loadouts do not allow switching mounts or companions, but allow swapping a lot of other stuff - sounds like they will allow swapping of powers and feats...not sure about boons or paragon selection.

Different dungeon tiers are on the to-do list.

When you kill a mimic in the future it has a chance of dropping really good loot.
    Post edited by adinosii on
    Hoping for improvements...
  • mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User

How closely do the devs follow the forum?

Well, you decide...

[Livestream paraphrased from approx 34min mark]

Thomas Foss : "Hey! We should put up a poll to see what new class they want!"

Andy Wong: "... Um... Yeah... they already had a poll... so..."

TF: "They did?"

AW "Yeah. Yeah... and Bards... Bards are..."

TF: " Oh... I didn't see that. Well good. Get me a copy of that."

AW: "..."

That poll's been up for what, a year?

Proof that we are talking to ourselves.

Sad.

That pretty much says it all, doesn't it?
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User

How closely do the devs follow the forum?

Well, you decide...

[Livestream paraphrased from approx 34min mark]

Thomas Foss : "Hey! We should put up a poll to see what new class they want!"

Andy Wong: "... Um... Yeah... they already had a poll... so..."

TF: "They did?"

AW "Yeah. Yeah... and Bards... Bards are..."

TF: " Oh... I didn't see that. Well good. Get me a copy of that."

AW: "..."

That poll's been up for what, a year?

Proof that we are talking to ourselves.

Sad.

they had at least printed this thread out for him
  • fluffy6977fluffy6977 Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    Epic fail. Maybe dev's need to be assigned a half hour forum browsing per week.
  • arcticblitzarcticblitz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 126 Arc User
    is there going to be a transcript of the stream?
    Blitzy : PVE only Barbarian
    Martin ConDion PVE only Ranger

Guild Founder: -HunterS-
  • fizgigtiznalkie#4436 fizgigtiznalkie Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    One thing that struck me in the talks on rewards, you don't need to make all new gear as chest rewards, just drop better stuff. Bump some of the peridots to rubies, drop some purple stones, everyone loves getting the purple thaum stone or blink dog in sharandar, drop some more of the rare shards, drop weapon/armor enchantments, rank 8s and 9s enchantments instead of 5s, 6s and 7s.
  • nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    My Standard British English is not good enough to understand all your American heavy accents.

Is there going to be a transcript of the stream?
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • wizardlvl80#5963 wizardlvl80 Member Posts: 519 Arc User
    People wanting better rewards should actually consider what they want. I like what Tom said - you always want what you don't have. Talking about rank 9's drop is absurd. Maybe rank 10? Why even bother with refining.

I don't need class balance. Game is fun for me and I actually like new campaign. Even tough they backstabbed the restoration of the new weapons. This grind is kind of fun and way better than Somi.

I think that game needs new dungeons. If I would be a guy in Cryptic, I would consider to make new campaign based on dungeon runs and made every area to have its dungeon or skirmish. I think that tiers of dungeons is a nice idea.

I actually like how they explained campaign storyline.

They also made a mistake asking "How often do you kill a god?" when someone mentioned god-based artifacts. Before mod 11 we actually killed/banished Tiamat every xx:00 hour. We can kick Demogorgon in the teeth when we want and he's actually way more powerful than gods :smiley:
  • spideymtspideymt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 710 Arc User

I like what Tom said -

I was wondering why, than you wrote that

I don't need class balance.

and i understood why.

• wizardlvl80#5963 wizardlvl80 Member Posts: 519 Arc User
    Execuse me for liking the game I play and not moaning about it. And guess what. If I ever stop to like this game I'll find another one. So basically a no problem for me. I have a bunch of friends. We meet online after work, run some dungs, enjoy the game, have a great time. We actually like the game, new mod etc. I advice to enjoy it too or move forward.
  • dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    @wizardlvl80#5963
    "Execuse me for liking the game I play and not moaning about it. And guess what. If I ever stop to like this game I'll find another one."
    Well, mate, Queen's best to ya.
    That's how you deal with a game you love? Play it until it sucks then leave? Sounds good. Good luck with that.

I reserve my right to "moan".
    I've earned that right to "moan" about NWO after 3 1/2 years and a several hundred quid invested. So you deal your way and I'll deal mine, k mate?

The developers will not be motivated to make improvements unless paying customers give constructive criticism and feedback on the content ("moaning", in your words).

Glad you are enjoying Mod11. You are welcome... it's the work of us "moaners" working on preview Mod after Mod to do quality control and "moaning" feedback that allow you to have "basically a no problem for me" enjoyment @wizardlvl80#5963 . Cheers. Enjoy.
    Some of us "moan" because we care and are trying to make it better.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
  • treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    Bondings rework was talked about 5 months ago, not now, team was reduced and devs allocated to another game, people not wanting class balance inspite of the most awesome paths being broken or rellying on proposedly inserted unbalanced items/features, life steal replacing healers, unexperienced people allowed to enter dungeons without certified competence(no, 1 month to unlock a dungeon is not a proof), soloing for low geared players on lvl 73 is still too much of a pain.
    Probably for people that come and play 2 or 3 hours/day this is ok, they just fill up with everything they have and blow things up, they like it? Sure, it's easy and life it's hard, it's also empty headed? Yeah, but who cares, everybody else does the same.

I would play another game if there was one ofering what this does: Decent graphics in third person, dungeons that dont require seeking persons but yes a queue, not much discrepance between graphics expectancy (world, characters and items) but was also offering balanced challenges and multiple possibility of content (yeiii no more fire forest lattelly =D);

• mephisto2313mephisto2313 Member Posts: 6 Arc User

People wanting better rewards should actually consider what they want. I like what Tom said - you always want what you don't have. Talking about rank 9's drop is absurd. Maybe rank 10? Why even bother with refining.

I don't need class balance. Game is fun for me and I actually like new campaign. Even tough they backstabbed the restoration of the new weapons. This grind is kind of fun and way better than Somi.

I think that game needs new dungeons. If I would be a guy in Cryptic, I would consider to make new campaign based on dungeon runs and made every area to have its dungeon or skirmish. I think that tiers of dungeons is a nice idea.

I actually like how they explained campaign storyline.

They also made a mistake asking "How often do you kill a god?" when someone mentioned god-based artifacts. Before mod 11 we actually killed/banished Tiamat every xx:00 hour. We can kick Demogorgon in the teeth when we want and he's actually way more powerful than gods :smiley:

It was me that mentioned God specific artifacts. They took my idea and went way left field on it. Thats not even remotely what I asked for. Make artifacts that are God specific. Like Torm, his Portfolio- Law, Duty, loyalty, obedience, paladins and truth
    Domains- Good, Healing, Law, Protection, Strength. Use his ideals, what he stands for and design an artifact around it. It was never about killing Gods.
  • spideymtspideymt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 710 Arc User

Execuse me for liking the game I play and not moaning about it.

No excuse accepted if you really think we dont need class balance. And you realize that the "moaning" ppl are the reason for fixes/finding exploit/finding bugs? If you like module 11 its totally fine for me, but its not ok if you think we dont need class balance and ppl who are trying to make this game better are only a bunch of moaning players...

• ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    Here is what should be added to the chests EVERY time we open them.

Marks and wards, one in every chest, same as salvage.
    Regular dungeons = green
    epics = blue
    Master epics = purple
    FBI, MSVA, SVA = the stupid stuff for those relic weapons
    New content that the Consoles haven't seen = whatever we need to upgrade those weapons.

At least one in EVERY chest, and if we don't get a mark we should get a preservation ward/coal ward.

Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• darthtzarrdarthtzarr Member Posts: 1,003 Arc User
    ravenskya said:

Regular dungeons = green
    epics = blue
    Master epics = purple
    New content that the Consoles haven't seen = whatever we need to upgrade those weapons.

At least one in EVERY chest, and if we don't get a mark we should get a preservation ward/coal ward.

An account bound pres ward in every epic chest in the game would be awesome.

Signature [WIP] - tyvm John

• ragequittingdc#8599 ragequittingdc Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    didn't know a new class was supposedly in the works, would love to see that and would immediately grind up to 70. also agree with an expansion into the underdark. all that map just for the maze engine campaign, and a little cliff for demo...might as well slot a tweener epic dungeon in there if nothing else.

one thing different I would want to see, a lfg tool. like a list of names of people who are in queue for group but with the option to invite from that list based on if you are queue'd for the same dungeon. an mmo I used to play had this and it was the most convenient thing. everything sorted by class and level so you could filter for just what you are looking for.

one thing I'd like class balance wise, since gwf seems to be up pretty soon for balancing, really make instigator useful, in a renegade sort of way. I noticed gf has an ability to have more control and do more dps to prone targets(I might be mistaken not near game atm), and I also noticed instigator has the ability to knock targets they crit from behind prone. What if instigator could act as an support/debuff spec to boost the ability of the gf and op, sort of like renegade boosts the ability of the dps?
    im actually the gwf carry
  • treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User

ravenskya said:

Regular dungeons = green
    epics = blue
    Master epics = purple

An account bound pres ward in every epic chest in the game would be awesome.
    I would like rather a % chance to get not just p.wards but also c.wards something like:
    Instead invoking giving the 11 coins chests there would be a 3 keys costing 11 coins each, those keys could be used in a box droped in dungeons in the 3 forms we now know the 11 coins to have(the diferent types of RP) but instead of the drop chances we have currently, increased chance for the best rewards, the game is infested with invocation bots forcing people to run dungeons (epic) but increasing the boxes drops would do the trick, i think.

• hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    I'm in the midst of watching the replay of the livestream. @mimicking#6533 , @nitocris83 , please bear in mind that the Foundry editor is currently broken. We can't create quests because we can't deposit any assets. This will necessarily skew any numbers you get with respect to publishing.

As for people playing them, we really have a chicken-and-egg issue here. The vast majority of players are looking for rewards, not decent stories, and from the standpoint of rewards there is no incentive for them to spend time playing any Foundry quests, regardless of how good they might be. We can create a plentiful supply of Foundry quests, but we rely on you to create the demand for them.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • darthtzarrdarthtzarr Member Posts: 1,003 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    hustin1 said:

I'm in the midst of watching the replay of the livestream. @mimicking#6533 , @nitocris83 , please bear in mind that the Foundry editor is currently broken. We can't create quests because we can't deposit any assets. This will necessarily skew any numbers you get with respect to publishing.

As for people playing them, we really have a chicken-and-egg issue here. The vast majority of players are looking for rewards, not decent stories, and from the standpoint of rewards there is no incentive for them to spend time playing any Foundry quests, regardless of how good they might be. We can create a plentiful supply of Foundry quests, but we rely on you to create the demand for them.

Another great place to stick a pres ward in every single chest. :)

I would totally run a foundry mission (since they are awesome) for a pres ward every day, but not for nothing. I would rather go get me some AD!

Signature [WIP] - tyvm John