test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New weapons use old Marks

Comments

• agilestoagilesto Member Posts: 516 Arc User
    pando83 said:

Nope. I know what you need. You need all the materials which were also quite expensive. For example, moults. For both main hand and off-hand it's about more than 2M AD. Plus you need to farm 250 BHEs to get all the Voninblood needed (compared to the 100 you need to get water weapons/ fire weapons or the Twisted which is even easier to get (20 demogorgon runs or so). 250 BHEs, considering you need about 10 minutes to complete 3 of them in SOMI or LW (including the travel from one BHE to the other), it's 138+ hours of BHE farming, more or less. If you just farm BHEs 15 hours per WEEK (assuming you can play 2 hours+ every day just to farm BHEs, not taking into account other in-game activities), it takes 10 weeks to just restore the weapons (2 months and a half).
    And after that, you needed all the marks to upgrade them, which was, again, more work then the usual refining, expecially with new key changes.

It's a massive leap forward and for sure not achievable playing the game just 2 hours a day. Again, BiS players who got them said the same thing.

R12 bondings are simply overpowered and that's why they are overpriced. It's being discussed and it's a whole different. Perfect weapon enchants can be obtained with time but way more reasonably. You must build AD to get them from AH. ADs can be obtained through ways that do not force you to farm. Examples: multiple alts running professions and selling stuff (for example, leadership is still a good way to do so), buying VIP that allows you to sell lockbox stuff for more ADs than you spent to get the VIP, refining rough ADs from the multiple sources you have in game.

And it's stuff that lasts way more, while weapon sets sooner or later get replaced.

Sorry dude, the farming was not even close to 15 hours per week, at least if you wanted to get the set before next module hits.

Are you REALLY saying that you need to do HE to get voninblood, aka spend weeks doing it with group, lag, and only 200 voninblood per HE when you can basically, just farm it in BS like 30 min a day and get dozen of thousands voninblood ? This makes no sense
  • vteasyvteasy Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    jonkoca said:

Hey, I'm okay if they get silver. And this is an opinion btw. not a conspiracy.

one could argue you used a method to get your gold medal that is no longer available? does that equate to performance enhancing drugs ;)
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    vteasy said:

jonkoca said:

one could argue you used a method to get your gold medal that is no longer available? does that equate to performance enhancing drugs ;)

This kind of ignores the fact that they postponed the key change right before mod 10.5 happened. We all knew it was coming and anyone on PC had plenty of time to grind it out.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    urabask said:

vteasy said:

jonkoca said:

This kind of ignores the fact that they postponed the key change right before mod 10.5 happened. We all knew it was coming and anyone on PC had plenty of time to grind it out.
    If you're a college student or live in your parent's basement. I wasn't able to stay up to 4:30 am the night before key change to run a few. Still had to get kid to school in morning, etc....
  • niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    My God the difference between fully upgraded epic and legendary is so miniscule that most people stopped worrying about it. I have 2/2/1 legendary marks but I sure as hamster, bunny, flying purple people eater, am not losing sleep over it.
  • pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    agilesto said:

Are you REALLY saying that you need to do HE to get voninblood, aka spend weeks doing it with group, lag, and only 200 voninblood per HE when you can basically, just farm it in BS like 30 min a day and get dozen of thousands voninblood ? This makes no sense

?
    What are you talking about?

Edit: NVM, i got it. You mean running around and farming ostorian relics. Mmmmh...you need a fast mount and may be the SH mount speed boon to make it REALLY effective (keeping into account other players farming them + the chances to get a green or blue relic). I'd say BHE farming in, say, LW, can allow for 18 BHEs per hour (with a fast group)--->3600 vb.
    With my legendary mount+maxed out speed boon i can gather up to 8k vb in 1 hour, but i can't say it's the same for a normal player in green mount and no boon. Closer to half that value imho--->4k, no big difference. Even with gree towel.

Or am i missing something?
    Post edited by pando83 on
    edited February 2017

urabask said:

vteasy said:

jonkoca said:

If you're a college student or live in your parent's basement. I wasn't able to stay up to 4:30 am the night before key change to run a few. Still had to get kid to school in morning, etc....
    Yeah I had forty five hour work weeks + all the extra family stuff from the holidays. You know what? A lot of the people that stayed up in our guild that night are working parents. But sure, assumptions.

That's still glossing over the fact you had nearly two months after unlocking SVA before the change hit.
    pando83 said:

agilesto said:

?

Edit: NVM, i got it. You mean running around and farming ostorian relics. Mmmmh...you need a fast mount and may be the SH mount speed boon to make it REALLY effective (keeping into account other players farming them + the chances to get a green or blue relic). I'd say BHE farming in, say, LW, can allow for 18 BHEs per hour (with a fast group)--->3600 vb.
    With my legendary mount+maxed out speed boon i can gather up to 8k vb in 1 hour, but i can't say it's the same for a normal player in green mount and no boon. Closer to half that value imho--->4k, no big difference. Even with gree towel.

You just need the epic trowel, a piece of frostborn gear and the relic potion and you should be doing more like 15-20k in an hour.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • waywardwizard#4349 waywardwizard Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    urabask said:

urabask said:

vteasy said:

jonkoca said:

Yeah I had forty five hour work weeks + all the extra family stuff from the holidays. You know what? A lot of the people that stayed up in our guild that night are working parents. But sure, assumptions.

That's still glossing over the fact you had nearly two months after unlocking SVA before the change hit.
    pando83 said:

agilesto said:

?

You just need the epic trowel, a piece of frostborn gear and the relic potion and you should be doing more like 15-20k in an hour.
    Sounds like you caught a fish that was 50 feet long but even if the above statement is true based on your experience its still completely false based on mine. On my main I do have the epic tool and more than 1 piece of Frostborn armor, plenty of potions too. Too many times what I dug out was a white + green, blue + white or only white. So 15-20k VB in 1 hour to me sounds like a rng jackpot or a gross exaggeration. Either way, mod 10/10.5 is a massive failure. Nothing can make me go back to it, not even nerfed mod 11 weapons. What that particular nerf will achieve is reduce Cryptic's income because they may have made the vocal minority happy but they surely screwed up with the rest of us.
    Post edited by waywardwizard#4349 on
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    About refining/upgrading the M11 weapons....here is one thing I was wondering about:

In the campaign you want to focus initially on the "Investigate X", "Confront X" tasks that match the weapon you want. This is because for the initial restoration you need a particular drop that you can only get from one of the castles/strongholds, and to get there you need the relevant portal stone, and to get that you need to complete the "Confront X" task. For example that means that if you want the Fey weapon, you need to concentrate on Nostura, as one of the items you need for the initial restoration only drops there.

How, here is the question - there are four weapons, but only three wizards....when I unlocked the Fey weapon in the store, it seems I unlocked the Aberrant one too, so I assume that's the odd one out - but the question is, just what do you need to restore Aberrant mainhand/offhand (and where does that drop)?
    Hoping for improvements...
  • eion311eion311 Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    We all know this game isn't "fair". Between people who grinded/purchased the old armor sets for buffs only to have them nerfed, to the various artifact sets/bonuses people grinded/purchased getting reduced/nerfed.
    Mod 11 weapons are fine (they've already been changed due to tears). Those who have the 10.5 weapons you're still sporting the BIS.
    edited February 2017
    eion311 said:

We all know this game isn't "fair". Between people who grinded/purchased the old armor sets for buffs only to have them nerfed, to the various artifact sets/bonuses people grinded/purchased getting reduced/nerfed.

Mod 11 weapons are fine (they've already been changed due to tears). Those who have the 10.5 weapons you're still sporting the BIS.

Those were in the game for years (and removed from loot tables no less) before they were nerfed. That's a ridiculous comparison and you know it. Even with the nerf to ascendant weapons relic weapons are BiS to a negligible degree too.

urabask said:

urabask said:

vteasy said:

jonkoca said:

pando83 said:

agilesto said:

?

Sounds like you caught a fish that was 50 feet long but even if the above statement is true based on your experience its still completely false based on mine. On my main I do have the epic tool and more than 1 piece of Frostborn armor, plenty of potions too. Too many times what I dug out was a white + green, blue + white or only white. So 15-20k VB in 1 hour to me sounds like a rng jackpot or a gross exaggeration. Either way, mod 10/10.5 is a massive failure. Nothing can make me go back to it, not even nerfed mod 11 weapons. What that particular nerf will achieve is reduce Cryptic's income because they may have made the vocal minority happy but they surely screwed up with the rest of us.
    Yeah I'm sure losing +5-7% damage every 30 seconds is going to matter to so many people (while getting set bonuses that are less awkward to trigger).

Especially all the DC/OPs for whom Fey is still BiS.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
    urabask said:

Not all DCs. I'm a DO DC, focusing on buffing/debuffing, but with decent DPS as well. For me, Fey is not the best. The AP gain is nice, but I'm not constantly spamming AA, like most AC DCs these days, so I don't have a high AP-gain build. Outgoing healing is irrelevant to me - I'm not a healer, and as for outgoing damage - 3% increase with a 1/3 uptime is just a 1% average increase....which is, eh.....not worth much.

None of the 4 new weapons is really well suited for me, but while I got Fey on Preview, I will almost certainly go for the Aboleth one on Live - Extra Life steal is always nice - but I am already at 25%, so this would mean I can switch out one Dark enchant for something else. Extra DoT is always nice, and exploding enemies.... well - seriously - that's cool ;)

Aboleth for this DC here, thank you.
    adinosii said:

None of the 4 new weapons is really well suited for me, but while I got Fey on Preview, I will almost certainly go for the Aboleth one on Live - Extra Life steal is always nice - but I am already at 25%, so this would mean I can switch out one Dark enchant for something else. Extra DoT is always nice, and exploding enemies.... well - seriously - that's cool ;)

I was wondering if Aboleth weapons would be good for GWF. I really didn't spend a lot of time on Preview, I kinda like the new content fresh when it comes out.
    adinosii said:

urabask said:

Not all DCs. I'm a DO DC, focusing on buffing/debuffing, but with decent DPS as well. For me, Fey is not the best. The AP gain is nice, but I'm not constantly spamming AA, like most AC DCs these days, so I don't have a high AP-gain build. Outgoing healing is irrelevant to me - I'm not a healer, and as for outgoing damage - 3% increase with a 1/3 uptime is just a 1% average increase....which is, eh.....not worth much.

"all of the DCs/OPs for whom Fey is still BiS" doesn't exclude the idea of there being DCs for whom it's not BiS.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    The statement was phrased in such a way it could be interpreted as a broad generalization about those classes as well. Clarification is good. No big deal.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia

The statement was phrased in such a way it could be interpreted as a broad generalization about those classes as well. Clarification is good. No big deal.

Right...You can interprete it as

"(all the DC/OPs) for whom Fey is still BiS"

or

"all the (DC/OPs for whom Fey is still BiS)"

It's ambiguous - something I didn't even realize originally...but hey, English is only my third language ;)

It is all Greek to me.
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    Fey will be BiS for two of my DCs but not for my main DC, who is also a DO buff/debuffer. So I will probably go for the aboleth one on her too, out of that being the best choice of the three. But all in all any of the 4 will still be better than the drowned ones I am using now.
    niadan said:

It is all Greek to me.

IDK what it is but some of the best players I know in the game are Greek maybe that's why they're all so good.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
    +1 touche'
  • hawkeyelhawkeyel Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    I just saw Mod. 10 and the 10.5 as this games reward to the truely elite people in the game .They had been asking for a long time for something that would be a challenge for them and that was the goal of those Mods. While this was a nice goal it was also something many of the casual player was not able to do for many reasons so they didnt. I am sure they have that famous metric that showed them just how many people in the player base fit that title and have decided to move forward . Perhaps wanting to increase the numbers a little to soon or not is a topic of debate . I would think that the sooner the numbers of higher end players reach that bar the sooner they could move forward with more challenging things .Until till then we can fight over how long we wish for that devide to last. So do you want a harder game or do you want God Mode forever ??? o:)

I want harder content, but with real rewards, not a sapphire and a piece of Elven. Also without one-shot cheese mechanics, that is not real challenge. That can be overcome with buggy powers and overgearing, instead of using our brains. Orcus, Storvald, Drufi, these are all one-shot Shocking Execution-style cheap. Give us puzzles, class roles, and things like that.

I disagree on Drufi. She is an agile executioner. For the most part, her strikes do not 1-hit, with the exception of he big winter blast. You can spar with her--the question is how long. Compare to Orcus, where almost every strike is a knock-out blow.
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    New mod.. new weapons... deal with it.. nothing is bis forever.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    urabask said:

A player starting the game right before the Keys change or after it might ask for your weapons to get nerfed then, because you obtained them too easily compared to them. These players might say "why do i have to spend so much more time and efforts compared to urabask?".
    Which sounds a lot like your complaint "why should other players get BiS weapons more easily than i did with relic weapons?".

The point in my opinion is that nobody forced you to grind that much for relic weapons, It was your choice. Nobody forced anything on you. You, instead, want to force the game to stop/ nerf the new weapons because, in your opinion, the amount of farming you "got to endure" should allow you to have an "advantage" for longer.

It's a very childish and nerdsih point of view. You should play to have fun. Not to "work" to have an advantage, and then complain if the game progression does not allow you to have the advantage for as long as you want. Players who decided to do not farm the weapons because it was un-fun to them, accpeted the fact that you would have 20% more damage than them. And YOU instead, when you decided to farm them, accepted the fact that you would be doing so much "work" instead of "fun", to get something that is not even yours (read the TOS of the game). Cryptic might decide to delete relic weapons today and it will be their right to do so. On the other side, while nobody forced you to do something un-fun, you want to force the entire game to go by your wishes ("i spent X time doing something un-fun, so now i want Y time of advantage over other players").

Also, you feel like the new weapons being on par with relics was unfair, but it's funny how you don't think it's unfair how you got relics more easily than new players who join the game after the key changes.

I find it quite childish. No offense.
    edited February 2017
    pando83 said:

urabask said:

A player starting the game right before the Keys change or after it might ask for your weapons to get nerfed then, because you obtained them too easily compared to them. These players might say "why do i have to spend so much more time and efforts compared to urabask?".
    Which sounds a lot like your complaint "why should other players get BiS weapons more easily than i did with relic weapons?".

The point in my opinion is that nobody forced you to grind that much for relic weapons, It was your choice. Nobody forced anything on you. You, instead, want to force the game to stop/ nerf the new weapons because, in your opinion, the amount of farming you "got to endure" should allow you to have an "advantage" for longer.

It's a very childish and nerdsih point of view. You should play to have fun. Not to "work" to have an advantage, and then complain if the game progression does not allow you to have the advantage for as long as you want. Players who decided to do not farm the weapons because it was un-fun to them, accpeted the fact that you would have 20% more damage than them. And YOU instead, when you decided to farm them, accepted the fact that you would be doing so much "work" instead of "fun", to get something that is not even yours (read the TOS of the game). Cryptic might decide to delete relic weapons today and it will be their right to do so. On the other side, while nobody forced you to do something un-fun, you want to force the entire game to go by your wishes ("i spent X time doing something un-fun, so now i want Y time of advantage over other players").

Also, you feel like the new weapons being on par with relics was unfair, but it's funny how you don't think it's unfair how you got relics more easily than new players who join the game after the key changes.

I find it quite childish. No offense.
    I mean they're already making efforts to fix SVA. I made that comment in the context of people assuming that they never were going to.

But a player that started right before the key change should've known mod 11 was hitting in a month and they would have to grind out SVA runs with dwindling interest. They were basically playing chicken with mod 11 and the dungeon key change and should've known better.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
    edited February 2017
    What efforts are they making to fix SVA? I've got 110 runs and 1 S Mark of Ild (14 S Marks total). Barely bother anymore.

If I were half through, as 14 marks would suggest, I'd keep going. But the truth is the Ild marks could run into multi-hundred runs. I don't need 25-30 S Marks of Stig....
  • dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User

What efforts are they making to fix SVA? I've got 110 runs and 1 S Mark of Ild (14 S Marks total). Barely bother anymore.

If I were half through, as 14 marks would suggest, I'd keep going. But the truth is the Ild marks could run into multi-hundred runs. I don't need 25-30 S Marks of Stig....

Latest patch notes for Mod11 say they are tripling the drop rate for the superior marks.