What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New weapons use old Marks

Comments

• Options
    luks707luks707 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    jonkoca said:

Glad that there are some new weapons, however, me and a lot of the crusaders spent a hell of a lot of money, time and neurones grinding in somi and sva... acting on the statement that these weapons would be the best available for the foreseeable. People can quibble about the wording but the implication was clear and intentional.

So, the new weapons should be better than twisted, but still fall short of the mod10.5 set. Plus ofc. if they are equal, the mod10 content will utterly go to waste. Which is also wasting the effort the developers put into making it.

Can I ask what you gain from the new weapons being worse than relic weapons? Surely it would be better if there is more choice in terms of artifact weapons? The main problem is that the relic weapons are such a pain in the backside to get to legendary and that it appears these new weapons will be easy.
    There has to be a way to keep the old content relevant without keeping it as grindy as it is, as people won't have the time to play SKT and new stuff.
    In terms of the grind here's another suggestion - there should be an exchange system whereby you can trade in the blue and purple marks to get legendary marks. That would allow those who have bad luck to be certain they will get there eventually. Although of course I still think we'd be fine if the droprate was just significantly increased.
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    Im ok with them even being slightly less powerful with weapon damage as long as they can be had for alts and they are superior to twisted sets in every way .

There has to be a better closure in gap then we have now. Right now, anyone who didnt get the weapons before key change, are unlikely to ever get them.. making it too far of a wide gap.. players might be upset.. but that isnt good either.

Also, relic weapons need to be reviewed, after key changes.. THEY sux to get.. very few if ever are going to get them.. you are tripling or more the expense to get them..

Mod 10 and mod 10.5 were not handled well.. I hope they can figure out some solutions without pissing both sides off too much.

• Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User

They gain bragging rights and an unfair advantage over others. That is the goal of these complainers. To be gods among us mortals.

They earned that right in my opinion. They farmed those weapons furiously when others didn't. Now others are further gated by the unpopular key change, which sucks, and makes it even more important to the game that those items not be outdated in a single mod. If you got them with the chest peek, having those new weapons be vastly easier and equal in terms of power, is a very poor game decision. If you got them without the chest peek...its an even worse one.

If they are going to make weapons/armor/items that are extremely time consuming to get, and then release a slightly lesser but similar version the next mod, then why would anyone bother? I can agree that I'd rather enjoy picking the grind I pursue rather than being forced in to one, but at some point nobody will grind anything.

There should be catch-up mods. But this really should be spread out a lot more. A catch up every 3-4 mods I could see, but you also can't put near gear in the game every mod either when you do that, or these things happen.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    The thing about disparaging players who do already have those sets is that it still wasn't easy for them and they made a major investment into those sets in order to have them at this point. The fact that it's going to be even harder going forward doesn't mean it was EASY previously, only that low drop rates and inability to see non-RNG-based progress were less punitive with peeking. Less difficult/expensive =/= easy.

Being at each others throats over this hamster isn't helping things at all.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    If I run a marathon, I deserve a nicer medal than some guy who didn't.

It's that simple.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Hey, I'm okay if they get silver. And this is an opinion btw. not a conspiracy.
  • Options
    mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    jonkoca said:

It's that simple.

Well, do you think the other guys running behind you should have to pay to open the gate at the finish-line, when earlier you could check and see if it was open and sneak through?
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User

jonkoca said:

It's that simple.

Well, do you think the other guys running behind you should have to pay to open the gate at the finish-line, when earlier you could check and see if it was open and sneak through?
    So complain about that instead of trying to get a medal for free.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    In the end, the game belongs to Cryptic, and they can do whatever they want with the game. Just because people played through the grind to get the weapons does not mean Cryptic does not have the right/obligation to make newer weapons that are just as good one Mod later. People played through it because either they wanted to or felt they had nothing better to do.

Everyone does realize if Cryptic wanted to they could close down the game tomorrow, and everyone would be out all the money that they have invested into the game. That is what makes the argument, that we spent all the money/ad that they should not make newer same level items, invalid or senseless. We own nothing in the game, Cryptic owns it all.

In the end it is a game, meant to be fun. Play the game, have fun and not worry about what others are doing or what they have.
  • Options

jonkoca said:

It's that simple.

They just don't get that. No use talking to them anymore.
    You act as if they can't fix the problems with SVA. If they fix SVA you'd still be complaining about the RNG and how no one is running it.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options

You are the one complaining. This your post, fyi. The nerve. Sheesh....

I've only complained that the new weapons are significantly easier to get compared to the relic weapons and they're just as good. You've been complaining in every thread that you can about how you couldn't get your marks before the chest change as if that's not something they can fix. You just don't want to run SVA and you're using it as an excuse.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    Sneak. Cheat. Etc. Amazing. Since I started playing in mod 2, people declined chests. 3 years ago or so. The key changes have been out what, 2 weeks..?

The chest system was working as intended. Whatever cryptic's excuse. For 3 years. Get angry at them, not at people who were just playing the game as they had always played the game.

Wherever you end up taking your frustrations... still doesn't alter the situation. I did X, with result Y, under the premise that Y was a result worth achieving, and would remain a result worth achieving for a reasonable amount of time, like the twisted weapons of mod 8, released in November 2015, those weapons were the best for around a year.

The new weapons seemingly... will remain the best... for a month..?
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    urabask said:

I've only complained that the new weapons are significantly easier to get compared to the relic weapons and they're just as good.

You consider that something to complain about?

I totally, fundamentally, completely disagree with you. The fact that the M11 weapons are as good (well, at least for some classes and playstyles) as the relic weapons is one of the best things that has happened to the game in a long time. If the game had continued along the route it took in M10 and 10.5, it would have annoyed many players - perhaps to the point where they would have given up on the game in frustration.

No, I think the devs did a number of things right in M11, and the new weapons are one of the "right" things they did.....and I really hope they ignore your complaints.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    adinosii said:

urabask said:

I've only complained that the new weapons are significantly easier to get compared to the relic weapons and they're just as good.

I totally, fundamentally, completely disagree with you. The fact that the M11 weapons are as good (well, at least for some classes and playstyles) as the relic weapons is one of the best things that has happened to the game in a long time. If the game had continued along the route it took in M10 and 10.5, it would have annoyed many players - perhaps to the point where they would have given up on the game in frustration.

No, I think the devs did a number of things right in M11, and the new weapons are one of the "right" things they did.....and I really hope they ignore your complaints.
    ^ Pretty much this, and given the fact that there are 4 different sets that hopefully will match M10.5 weapons, it will give players a lot more options when putting a build together.

Also, just like the Elemental and Twisted sets, the M10.5 Relic set will most likely end up in a lockbox near you, in the not so distant future, how much will these people complain then?

Still, an exchange for the 10.5 sets wouldn't be too much to ask for, with a choice of which of the 4 sets you want...
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    adinosii said:

urabask said:

The only difference are the set bonuses and they've got bonuses that provide +4% damage. They're within 6% damage of the relic weapons. It's not some classes or play styles. If you use a weapon they're about as good as relic weapons.

Accepting the new weapons is basically like telling the devs that they can do whatever they want with weapons and we'll never get mad at them.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    viciouscosityviciouscosity Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    urabask said:

Accepting the new weapons is basically like telling the devs that they can do whatever they want with weapons and we'll never get mad at them.

No offense mate, but all the people that grinded the hell out of SVA for the relic weapons was basically like telling the devs they can get away with giving us that trash. To be honest I wanted to slap everyone I saw running around with legendary relic weapons and full sets of armor from FBI, because their buying in to that BS potentially made the devs think it was well received. There's plenty of other stuff in this game to be mad about, and worth making a fuss over. Honestly, I think you and everyone else who got the relic weapons are just gonna have to take one for the team, so that we never ever get something like that again. Be angry, complain, but about what the real problem here is or was, which is how unacceptable the grind for the relic weapons was in the first place.
  • Options

urabask said:

No offense mate, but all the people that grinded the hell out of SVA for the relic weapons was basically like telling the devs they can get away with giving us that trash. To be honest I wanted to slap everyone I saw running around with legendary relic weapons and full sets of armor from FBI, because their buying in to that BS potentially made the devs think it was well received. There's plenty of other stuff in this game to be mad about, and worth making a fuss over. Honestly, I think you and everyone else who got the relic weapons are just gonna have to take one for the team, so that we never ever get something like that again. Be angry, complain, but about what the real problem here is or was, which is how unacceptable the grind for the relic weapons was in the first place.
    It made sense for the relic weapons to have that much grind. They're 20 ilvl higher than the twisted set at legendary. Usually between new sets we only get +5 ilvl. The whole point in mod 10/10.5 was that the grind and difficulty was a notch up from previous mods. The natural progression would've been to release new weapons and armor that were within 10 ilvl next mod that were much easier to get.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    urabask said:

It made sense for the relic weapons to have that much grind. They're 20 ilvl higher than the twisted set at legendary. Usually between new sets we only get +5 ilvl. The whole point in mod 10/10.5 was that the grind and difficulty was a notch up from previous mods. The natural progression would've been to release new weapons and armor that were within 10 ilvl next mod that were much easier to get.

You really need to take some rest from the game if you think that it's ok to farm that much to become BiS.
    The natural progression is to make the game feel like a game and not a job.
    Sorry for you if you think you must play it like a job to become "special" or "BiS".
    Mod 10-10.5 farming was simply absurd, and it's just right that the devs make a step back.
    It was not "a notch up". Compare the time needed to get twisted or drowned/ elemental sets, to the time needed to farm al lthe stuff for relic weapons. It's many times more.

And the devs cannot ignore the fact that 99% of the players didn't bother to get the relic weapons because the amount of farming was simply absurd...
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    pando83 said:

urabask said:

You really need to take some rest from the game if you think that it's ok to farm that much to become BiS.
    The natural progression is to make the game feel like a game and not a job.
    Sorry for you if you think you must play it like a job to become "special" or "BiS".
    Mod 10-10.5 farming was simply absurd, and it's just right that the devs make a step back.
    It was not "a notch up". Compare the time needed to get twisted or drowned/ elemental sets, to the time needed to farm al lthe stuff for relic weapons. It's many times more.

And the devs cannot ignore the fact that 99% of the players didn't bother to get the relic weapons because the amount of farming was simply absurd...
    Yeah because the current grind to become BiS is so different. Do the math on how long it takes to get an r12. There only difference is that you're spamming dungeons, resetting professions, and checking the AH. Nothing about SKT required absurd amounts of play time. It just meant playing it to the exclusion of other activities in game.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    I think people tend to forget that a whole bunch of the community isn't even able to lay their hand on any Relics. These Weapons are designed for the endgame players and there needs to be a more casual way to continue the progression. Mod 11 seems to fill the gap and I don't see what the issue is.

Relics will stay BIS, but all other will get a slightly inferior alternative that can be instantly grabbed after completing Underdark if you're unable to progress in SKT yet. What's not to like?
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    urabask said:

Yeah because the current grind to become BiS is so different. Do the math on how long it takes to get an r12. There only difference is that you're spamming dungeons, resetting professions, and checking the AH. Nothing about SKT required absurd amounts of play time. It just meant playing it to the exclusion of other activities in game.

The difference is that rank 12's do not give you a flat 30% increase in damage over other players. Players can reasonably get to rank 10, and be close to BiS.
    Before module 10, you could get close to BiS without cancelling your life. When relic weapons were presented, even BiS players talked about how such weapons would be too hard to just even obtain, let alone refining.
    Compared to twisted set, for example, it's a massive leap. Too massive.

The fact is that 99% of NW players ignored the reic weapons because of that. Should ring a bell that it's the wrong direction.

Your complaints are, egoistically, about how you want to play the game like a job to get some unfair advantage over normal players.
    What the devs are trying to do, instead, is to go back to a situation where 99% of the players can still enjoy the game and not be forced to skip an entire module.

Plus, you might have noticed that most players, me included, have already talked about the excessive power creep in the game. Relic weapons are just the same, but went too much overboard compared to boons exc...
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    pando83 said:

urabask said:

The difference is that rank 12's do not give you a flat 30% increase in damage over other players. Players can reasonably get to rank 10, and be close to BiS.
    Before module 10, you could get close to BiS without cancelling your life. When relic weapons were presented, even BiS players talked about how such weapons would be too hard to just even obtain, let alone refining.
    Compared to twisted set, for example, it's a massive leap. Too massive.

The fact is that 99% of NW players ignored the reic weapons because of that. Should ring a bell that it's the wrong direction.

Your complaints are, egoistically, about how you want to play the game like a job to get some unfair advantage over normal players.
    What the devs are trying to do, instead, is to go back to a situation where 99% of the players can still enjoy the game and not be forced to skip an entire module.
    You don't need relic weapons though. 150 ilvl weapons would still let you steamroll all the content in the game.

And again, you didn't need to cancel your life. 15 hours a week and you could've easily gotten them. If you think that's too much you're playing the wrong genre.

And r12 bondings or a perfect weapon enchant represent a similar boost in damage. They're not giving those away for free ever.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Nope. I know what you need. You need all the materials which were also quite expensive. For example, moults. For both main hand and off-hand it's about more than 2M AD. Plus you need to farm 250 BHEs to get all the Voninblood needed (compared to the 100 you need to get water weapons/ fire weapons or the Twisted which is even easier to get (20 demogorgon runs or so). 250 BHEs, considering you need about 10 minutes to complete 3 of them in SOMI or LW (including the travel from one BHE to the other), it's 138+ hours of BHE farming, more or less. If you just farm BHEs 15 hours per WEEK (assuming you can play 2 hours+ every day just to farm BHEs, not taking into account other in-game activities), it takes 10 weeks to just restore the weapons (2 months and a half).
    And after that, you needed all the marks to upgrade them, which was, again, more work then the usual refining, expecially with new key changes.

It's a massive leap forward and for sure not achievable playing the game just 2 hours a day. Again, BiS players who got them said the same thing.

R12 bondings are simply overpowered and that's why they are overpriced. It's being discussed and it's a whole different. Perfect weapon enchants can be obtained with time but way more reasonably. You must build AD to get them from AH. ADs can be obtained through ways that do not force you to farm. Examples: multiple alts running professions and selling stuff (for example, leadership is still a good way to do so), buying VIP that allows you to sell lockbox stuff for more ADs than you spent to get the VIP, refining rough ADs from the multiple sources you have in game.

And it's stuff that lasts way more, while weapon sets sooner or later get replaced.

Sorry dude, the farming was not even close to 15 hours per week, at least if you wanted to get the set before next module hits.
  • Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    If they fix SVA so that I can complete my weapons, I'm agnostic on the new weapon issue. But this would require them to fix it NOW, not after I've also farmed a whole 'nother weapon. I dealt with restore grind and refinement and have my weapons waiting for the last few marks--then key change and new weps appear.

I'm a little tired of hearing about investment costs from people who already have the weapons at orange.