Install Arc
Options

New Updated TR Build

124»

Comments

• Options
    sirjimbofrancissirjimbofrancis Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    rustlord said:

@sirjimbofrancis So I was testing something entirely different today where I found myself scrutinizing Shadowborn again. I always felt the power bonus is clunky so it drove me curious. I just wanted to check if everyone is the same page with me or if it has been noted before;

Shadowborn - 2x power for the first attack after entering stealth. Only, DoT ticks of any kind consume that bonus. Say, Smoke Bomb, Duelist Flurry bleed etc. If I have any of these ticks going, Shadowborn is spent on the next ongoing tick and sets you back to your base power.

So, I think you are correct.

First, the 2x power is 2x your BASE power. It doesn't go out of site for buffed power.

Second, it will proc from dots, bleeds, smoke bombs, etc. But, for whatever reason, it still feels like it is proccing for me on my encounter powers against bosses. On mobs, I don't know. They usually aren't alive long enough to get a lot of dots going. But, on the bosses, maybe because I slot lashing blade and dazing strike and they are fast, I seem to be able to stealth and hit, most of the time, in between procs.

My disclaimer: I am not sure how to test or even if it is possible. All I'm going on is how it feels. And, despite all the math I put out there (which I hate doing, BTW), I operate an awful lot on feel. I swapped out Shadowborn for twisted grin and did substantially less overall DPS. I attribute that to the fact that the competition to damage mobs is very tough with the other classes that the increase in DPS there was not enough to offset the decrease I saw in DPS in boss fights.

Will Shadowborn proc on dots. Yes. Does it happen every time? No, and the times you are able to land a dazing strike or lashing blade with the extra 30,000-35,000 power, it really packs a punch. And, even if it does proc on a bleed or smoke bomb, I figure it's still contributing albeit in a less efficient manner.

I still see TR executioners as, primarily, boss killers. Honestly, there just aren't many classes out there that can keep up with our ability there. For me, my job isn't necessarily to do more damage than anyone else in the party. My contribution to the party is single target damage. I'm not there to kill the zombies, I'm there to melt Orcus. In that sense, for me, I hesitate to swap out Shadowborn for the other feats. I think it is still the best option for my style of play, even though I might be in the minority of hard core PVE TR players out there.

But, and this is true for anyone looking at any build, go with what works for you! My style of play is different than yours which is different than a lot of other TRs. Try swapping it out and see if something else works better. Because, you can't get too attached to any power or feat. If you find out that swapping it really increased your overall damage, I can be convinced! :smile:
    Lilia Drakon - PVE Executioner TR
    She Looked Lvl 18

Here is my Blog
  • Options
    rustlord said:

@sirjimbofrancis So I was testing something entirely different today where I found myself nitpicking Shadowborn again. I always felt the power bonus is clunky so it drove me curious. I just wanted to check if everyone is the same page with me or if it has been noted before;

Shadowborn - 2x power for the first attack after entering stealth. Only, DoT ticks of any kind consume that bonus. Say, Smoke Bomb, Duelist Flurry bleed etc. If I have any of these ticks going, Shadowborn is spent on the next ongoing tick and sets you back to your base power.

base: 15,316 reset toon only non-essential feats to reach shadowborn, no enchants etc
    shadowborn: 30,632
    base + 3n WW: 24,506 or 1.6 modifier for 3 hits
    base + shadowborn + 3n WW: 37,695 or 1.5382 modifier

The last one is just closer to 54% for hitting 3, comparing from buffed power (shadowborn) and power after WW. A few seconds after, it even drops to 33,695, but you understand how the WW works better than I do. However, the stacking power is irrelevant up to this point because what I'm testing for is Shadowborn's interaction with a DoT power.

In practice, if I have a DF bleed ticking off somewhere, then this whole buffed power with shadowborn, it doesn't happen. >.<</p>

I didn't see the second part of your post! I think it's worth checking out, and I think I have an idea how to do it to see if I am indeed getting the bonus occasionally or if I am losing it the minute I start stacking bleeds.

But after the Grim Pleasure / Arteriel Cut thing, I'm going to wait a few days to do it! :wink:
    She Looked Lvl 18

Here is my Blog
  • Options
    rustlordrustlord Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    Yeah! The thing is, I still think Shadowborn is one of the best feats in the exe tree to take. In PvE, the other T5 alternative doesn't cut it. In PvP, maybe swapping Shadowborn for Exposed Weakness might have some value, but I don't see that happening in PvE. What I do in PvP though is pay attention when, and when not Shadowborn has been spent, let's say, before a Shocking Execution -- but a lot of that doesn't apply in PvE.

If going by assumption that Shadowborn doesn't always proc on its maximum efficiency, could it be accounted for with better rotation timing? Or is there some merit into looking at the sabo path? That possibly, this slight hiccup with Shadowborn is how, say, Ambusher's Haste + OwtS can creep up behind Shadowborn + SoD.

Right now this is just a concept (check feats tab) and looking for ideas in feat comparisons
    http://nwcalc.com/index.html#/tr?b=1oa5:k6rwk5:8dep:5tb7d,1xi3i0i:1z050z1:1555000:1000000&h=0&p=min&o=0

Starting with, I think exe feats are more situational, kicking in only after a certain HP threshold, whereas sabo has more upfront damage? Right now I think exe still shines the best in bosses, so if there could be a sabo build it will be more for trash clearing.
  • Options
    I'm telling you, sabos are under appreciated in PVE. I'm excited someone is taking a look!

If it were me, I'd probably take 4 out of action advantage, put 2 in lucky skirmisher, no nother 2 in scoundrel training.

In the sabo tree, I might swap out grinning steal for knife's edge, for the simple reason that it's relatively easy to stack critical strike. Having the cool down reduction might help out more in the long run.

I have a guild member who does comparable damage to mine as a sabo, but has no interest in putting his build out there for everyone, mostly because he'd rather spend his time playing than testing. If you decide to try this out, please let me know if I can do anything to help you out!
    She Looked Lvl 18

Here is my Blog
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    I'm going to make a list of it eventually, maybe in a new thread. It's too intriguing for me not to let it play out. For now another thing is Ambusher's Haste (T5) x Shadow of Demise (capstone)

Exe: If I open with an encounter to start SoD, I have 6 seconds to deal as much dps as possible, until I have my stealth and encounter up again to repeat. That 6 seconds window is key. So my load up will comprise of possibly Dazing/Lashing and Duelist Flurry.

Pros: High burst damage contributes a lot to final dps.
    Cons: SoD ends right about as the DF bleed starts, with maybe 1~1.5 seconds overlap, and bleeds will tick for 5-8 seconds afterwards in the time it takes to regain stealth and restart SoD. If it does overlap with your next round of SoD, the bleed ticks has a good chance to consume shadowborn.

Sabo: If I open with a DF, and right by the very end of my DF, I stealth, I get the benefit of 20~25% more damage to my bleed ticks via Ambusher's Haste. I have stealth left so I pair it out with Dazing. OwtS now replenishes my Stealth and I can fire off a Lashing with double benefits from OwtS and Ambushers Haste (again).

Pros: 20%~ more damage on bleed ticks, 50% more damage with Lashing Blade, overlapping my rotation does not hurt my dps unlike what happens with Shadowborn.
    Cons: OwtS only comes up every 15 seconds, but SoD can be activated at 10 seconds interval or faster.
  • Options
    Cool!

I find that, with executioners, if you lead with stealth > dazing strike > Lurker's Assault > stealth (invisible infiltrator) > lashing blade > duelist flurry,
    Your SoD will proc right at the end of your DF, but, because LA gives your stealth back faster, your stealth and Dazing Strike will be up almost immediately once that first rotation is done and you can go right into another Shadows of Demise cycle.

Just, so you are comparing on equal ground here.

With my friend, he out dpses me on mobs, but I catch up on bosses. In the end, it comes pretty close.
    I'm looking forward to reading what you find. If you are on PC, look me up and we'll run a CN and compare.
    She Looked Lvl 18

Here is my Blog
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    Sounds good. I do play on PC, I might need a week to swap everything out as I'm currently using an old PvP build. That covers, enchantments, gears, the whole package! I'll definitely track you down soon as I sort this out.
  • Options
    micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    Just about 10 hours ago someone asked one reddit and:

I was Saboing for a mod, 2-3 mods ago, IMO, there are several things to notice:

1. Return to shadows, it's more important than the capstone. And you should slot a rechargeable encounter like BF/WR.

2. The capstone 20% to encounters + Return to shadows mechanics really asks for Encounter use, and not DF.
    So Shady Preparations is important.
    Though I still found it really annoying because even with stacked recovery I had to resort to at-wills eventually and loose the synergy.

3. With MI Invisible infiltrator, it's much more burst heavy than exe. You get 3 stealths in a row. But after that the lack of SoD "doesn't stop stealth recharge" + stealth recharge slower forces to use the return to shadows. Otherwise the stealth feels stuck and wrong compared to Exe.

4. While I could achive more or less the same results as exe. It's way more tiresome. The positioning is much more important and much more 'fragile'. And you have to develop muscle memory to press everything on time and in order.
    In this regard Exe is easier. And I've swapped back.

5. Also, with the mentioned burst, they do gain there, but loose on single target longer fights. Where exe can stack bleed and get it as part of SoD, sabo can't, + some feats like 40% more damage that sabo lacks makes more mob destruction, less on bosses.

And from few months ago I think (how time runs), there is a suggestions thread around here and:
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1223349/tr-next-rework-revamp-feedbacks-and-ideas/p2

Shadowborn: They should be activated from encounters only, It's silly that SoD was changed to encounters only, but this feat works on bleed and wasted. Using it forces a very specific "encounter first" rotation. So it creates a choice of investing in it, or leaving the stealth to make DF bleed crit. And it's lose-lose situation.

I think it's important to push for this, it makes the feat much less than what it can be.

Also, imo, it somewhat works for fast animation. All the bleed ticks are 1 per second or so. If the animation is faster, and lashing / dazing are faster. When you click stealth->lashing, stealth->dazing there is a good chance you will get shadowborn.
    The problem is that if you DF->late stealth, is will be wasted on the flurry part, so can't do that.

rustlord said:

I get the benefit of 20~25% more damage to my bleed ticks via Ambusher's Haste. I have stealth left so I pair it out with Dazing.

I don't see this happen reliably, just because the number of stacks is not visible clearly and bound to RNG.
    (please take a look about DF from the same thread, you will see what I mean)

The Ambusher's haste diminishes with the stealth, but the bleed is determined by the last stack.
    So if you are getting the last stack on the second DF you need to click stealth on the last flurry and still it's about 40% chance for each hit

Or if you get to ~7 stacks, but then you need to get 2 more and then stealth to get the maximum out of Ambushers, and this crazy hard with a boss having full debuff bar and you clicking fast enough with the all flurry.
    I personally just don't have the reaction for this (to old).
  • Options
    superkwstarassuperkwstaras Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    Guys, I want your opinion on something. Do you think a MI exe TR would do more dps with legendary Twisted set or epic ready to upgrade to legendary Shadewalker set? I ask this because the stats of the weapons increase with the rank of the weapons and the slots for the enchantments are unlocked at a lower rank now.
  • Options
    The new shadewalker set at epic is better than legendary twisted set. It just leaves the twisted set in the dust from the damage increase alone, but the grind is real! I've gotten mine to epic and my teeth itch thinking about the journey this far!
    She Looked Lvl 18

Here is my Blog
  • Options
    lol i know, but after the grind of the grind i have mine ready for legendary (btw legendary is a joke, i won't ever achieve that).
  • Options
    I feel ya! I intended to go only as far as epic for those extra slots, but sweet jesus being a TR in LFG... I just put mine on break till I unlock SVA on my DC all over again. If the luck doesn't roll, then it'll be closer to next mod at least and maybe I'll just shoot for new weapons, if there's any.
  • Options
    I think I'm gonna start putting msva parties together with at least 5 TRs. Have half the TRs run max DPS, half debuffs. Then have someone video the thing. That'd be a great Christmas present to TRs everywhere!!!
    She Looked Lvl 18

Here is my Blog
  • Options
    ratchetjaw10#5258 ratchetjaw10 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    null
    Please do would love to see it. Very few TR videos available to watch for PvE
  • Options
    ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    I just wish there was a way to easily see the value of the de-buffs. I ran debuff for a few weeks and it felt like the dungeons went more quickly - but it's hard to tell if it was because of all of the debuffing or not.
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• Options
    edited January 2017
    ravenskya said:

I just wish there was a way to easily see the value of the de-buffs. I ran debuff for a few weeks and it felt like the dungeons went more quickly - but it's hard to tell if it was because of all of the debuffing or not.

The clerics over at the temple were nice enough to do all the research work. I dug up the thread it's in the Guides forum now.

debuffs list | thread here

But I should point that all of our debuffs are within the 200% cap efficiency, so stacking more than 3 of debuff TR/DC/MoF isn't going to do a lot of good
  • Options
    talon1970talon1970 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 152 Arc User
    To the debuff thing:

I was always a huge fan of wicked reminder as top boss encounter bc of the debuff, increasing damage for everyone.
    But the guild i am in has often so much buff/debuff in the party there, is no need for me anymore using it.
    So it depends alot of the party constellation, low buff/debuff classes : WR is then always a good choice.
    High buff/debuff partys: We can choose encounters to increase personal dps

@Jimbo i am still struggling with my Wild Hunt Rider (epic) it seems to me that the uptime is still lower than the green ones i have on my Cw and SW.

We had also some talks in my guild how to improve the TR and natsu (an SW) and gonzaid (an DC) mentioned if an higher recovery build could be a way to go.
    So i have still radiant and azure enchants in my attack slots, but we were talking about if black ice enchants instead of brutals could be an interesting alternative.
    With black ice the 2:1 power/crit thing is still possible but we had also an higher recovery to bring cooldowns down and filling up our Ap a little bit higher (for the cost of black alley tactics maybe).

So what are you guys thinking about that?
  • Options
    blur#5900 blur Member Posts: 490 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    @talon1970 Wild Hunt Rider will barely proc on bosses, anything is a better option than WHR for solo targets. For trash fights its probably best option, i have been told up time is around 60%+. I am personaly not using it since im not a fan of changing too much for trash/boss fights so cant say more about it but Erinyes or Siege Master are solid replacement who work fine for both trash/boss.

About the stats, yes recovery help and its nice to boost it a bit. Crit and Recovery are stats which arent buffed by others, or rarely are while we get plenty of power buffs from other sources. I have stopped chasing Power stat, even thinking about reducing it a bit in favor of Crit/Recovery. Assault relic chest from FBI has nice stats and that new nSVA-unique chest is probably BiS, plenty of crit+recovery.

Black Ice enchants give highest stats, i have been thinking about them and i would give it a shot if i had 6 offense slots in companion gear, mean full BI, both char and companion but i am not sure if we could get Crit high enough with them, unless we get more crit from other things (mount, insignias). Greater Ostorian ring of Hellig/Krig and Rising Focus +5 are nice options to improve Recovery.

Artificers Persuasion insignia bonus boost Recovery and AP gain.
    Hope this helps.
  • Options
    @talon, black ice enchants are great. They're just expensive! I think they are the way to go. Right now, I'm running cruel (power recovery) on all of my character offensive slots and on a couple of my slots on my companion with the rest on my companion being brutal. My recovery is pretty good (7000-10000) and, I love it! You don't want to neglect your power and crit too much, I IMO. The super high recovery works better in PVP. A build like enyo's is probably more viable for both PVP and PVE, but probably won't match the damage of a pure PVE build in PVE. Stacking your recovery as high as you can without it starting to take away from your other stats is really tricky. But, I would love to try putting BI enchantments in all my offensive slots. I bet it works really well.
    She Looked Lvl 18

Here is my Blog
  • Options
    ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    rustlord said:

ravenskya said:

The clerics over at the temple were nice enough to do all the research work. I dug up the thread it's in the Guides forum now.

debuffs list | thread here

But I should point that all of our debuffs are within the 200% cap efficiency, so stacking more than 3 of debuff TR/DC/MoF isn't going to do a lot of good
    Thank you!!!!
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• Options
    Have you guys seen the new weapons coming at mod 11. Do you think they are better than the relic weapons?