test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Updated TR Build

Comments

• blur#5900 blur Member Posts: 490 Arc User
    I think @micky1p00 and @sirjimbofrancis will be able to explain u power stacking better but i dont think its thats much as in example u made.
    About that AP gain, its nice, very nice, but all that investment into AP gain would pay out only in FBI climb part with giants, anywhere else the mobs die too fast, before first WW buff expires. I guess on bosses you would be able to have Lurkers up a lot which sounds nice but again only pays out on long lasting bosses, in this case again FBI only. Otherwise Warhorse/Tenser, Wheel, Inflitrators Action+Invisible Infiltrator would perform better, maybe even on Turtle and Drufi since both have fight ON and fight OFF phases, well Hati as well but at least first 50% HP u can fight without interruption.
  • rustlordrustlord Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    I came to the WW stacking only by incident. I'm already using Sigil and Flail Snail so its quite common to do back to back dailies. Infiltrators Action with Invisible Infiltrator hands down. In situations where the trash dies within one WW buff, often I'm faced a decision between WW and Lurkers/BF because it has a wider range and achieves the same effect, sometimes faster depending on how spread out the mobs are. When they aren't too spread out, and especially on bosses which take longer, this is where I'm interested to know if investing more in AP gain to keep the WW uptime makes more sense than, say, back to back Lurkers, Lashing, Dazing, DF, the works. Any thoughts?
  • shadowmark#2127 shadowmark Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    So, a support tr. Can you elaborate a little bit about your DPS claim with a build that run, most likely, Wicked Reminder and Smoke Bomb? Do you rely on guild boons and mounts? Also, please give up Google translator and use your words - my head hurts right now.
  • hell5gatehell5gate Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    So how much critical would be minimal for an executioner? Should I try and get my critical up and then stack as much power as I can?
    Also, would I loose much if I switched my lostmauth belt for the dex belt?
  • caveckcaveck Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    @llobuastur I always have smoke bomb active, whether it's aoe or single target. Aoe is an obvious reason, no limit to how many adds it can damage. Several parts of CN have an extremely high amount of adds, and when they are all grouped up and you throw a SB down, your screen will be filled with those numbers that make you feel all warm inside. For single target, keeping SoD proc'd is a breeze if you're using SB. Not to mention the damage its dealing after you start SoD, with your duelist flurry and its bleeds, and the lashing blade you squeeze in after your DF is way too much to say it doesn't do a lot of damage.

@rustlord I can't deny that shadow born is an awesome feat, however, I find that dying breath is more worth the 5 feat points. I guess it's a matter of, do you want one insane hit with a 100% power buff, or do you want a lot of hits with 25% crit severity. I've tried shadow born several times, but I lose overall dps. Dying breath may only work on some bosses, but it helps with all add clearing. And for the bosses that it does work for you have a constant 25% crit severity, rather than waiting on stealth for 1 hit with 100% power.

The funniest question to me is when people ask what my highest crit is. Because I have no idea. I couldn't tell you my highest crit after a run I just completed. With smokebomb, DF bleeds and attacks going and filling my screen, I have no idea how hard I'm hitting. I don't pay attention to my exact hits, as I'm watching the boss' health, my ap bar, seeing if my artifact is on cd still, positioning my self, planning on what rotation I'm going to use depending on my encounter cool downs and concentrating on keeping SoD up. I don't care what my highest crit is, but I do like smashing generally every gwf that is my gs in CN, mdemo, Tiamat, etos, etc.

Which is just another reason I don't use shadow born. I would rather do a ton of cumulative damage with multiple hits, than rely so heavily on one.
    @caveck To keep track of your biggest crits and @hell5gate to check how much you crit, use ACT: http://www.villanousity.com/forums/?showtopic=20245
    Also why i prefer shadowborn over Dying breath, im only Boss focused where u get absolutely nothing from dying breath since there are no ads to die. As for the mobs fights, simply other classes do it better, also when one mob dies other mobs are close to dying as well so there is not much left to gain from that severity boost, except in FBI climb part and new Svardborg first phase.
    Another thing i see often is Item Level(gear score), for PVE IL doesnt tell u much because things u benefit most from are not increasing IL (Guild boon, Bondings, Companion gear, Mounts, Insignias). Some players are hiding their IL on purpose, i have seen GWF and GF wrecking top players while they are having IL under 3k, simply its possible to be close to max offensewise while reducing your IL with stuff which doesnt contribute much to dmg and only boosts IL.
    @blur#5900 this may be true for FBI, but that is just one dungeon. I'm saying dying breath is more beneficial overall. Imo it's better for add clearing in everything, and there are many bosses dying breath works on. Some examples being - etos(every boss), mdemo, Tiamat, CN (2nd boss) etc
    @blur#5900 I'm on PS4 and can't run ACT. I know you have a recommended minimum critical chance. Anybody?
    @hell5gate 80-90%. Also be mindful to buff CW's, they grant you +30% crit in certain builds
    @caveck yes, my bad, i dont run etos and tia so didnt take those into consideration. Still tho, trash is trash, boss damage matters more, imo. I must admit, in CN for example, TR's who are focused on trash dmg do have higher total dmg in the end even tho i easily do more on bosses but its not enough to catch up for dmg lost on trash.
    @hell5gate i have 80-85% in combat, ill try to reach around 90%. But around 80% should be fine as well.
    Holy cow. That's a lot of critical to aim for. Thanks. I greatly appreciate it.
  • ardnolardnol Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Yeah, I see TRs running with a lot crit I should probably be trading my silverys for azures 55% crit with vorpal doesn't cut.
    blur#5900 said:

@caveck yes, my bad, i dont run etos and tia so didnt take those into consideration. Still tho, trash is trash, boss damage matters more, imo. I must admit, in CN for example, TR's who are focused on trash dmg do have higher total dmg in the end even tho i easily do more on bosses but its not enough to catch up for dmg lost on trash.
    @hell5gate i have 80-85% in combat, ill try to reach around 90%. But around 80% should be fine as well.

This, exactly, rouses a more abstract question in my mind. Should TR ideally be more focused in boss damage than trash clearing, albeit a less gratifying stand in paingiver, or is the opposite more preferred? What is the general consensus on this for you PvE TRs?

Personally I played a lot of PvE from the days of module 1 through 3, and back then (but let's distance this from stealth runs or boss solos) I always fell into the role of boss killer. It was always bright and clear to me that when we get to the boss, either the GWF or CW will control the adds whilst the tank and I handled the boss (tank keeping it distracted me keeping it dead). I understand things have changed and dungeons are somewhat headed a different design. So considering all this, what is our role precisely?
    edited November 2016
    edited November 2016
    As a tr your role doesn't have to be limited to one though. And I feel like CN is a perfect example of that. High amount of mobs and high life bosses. My skills are being swapped out constantly while I'm playing. Going to go fight a boss? LB, SB, DS active. Boss is dead, now it's time for mobs? DS, BF, SB. While the paingiver doesn't matter to some, it matters to a lot of people. And when I run with friends I don't care. but when you have that try hard gwf who checks the charts every 5 seconds, I find it pretty fun to put them in second.

And just out of curiosity, what do you use to maximize your single target? I don't think our builds are very different aside from shadow born and dying breath. Do you notice shadow born makes that tremendous of a difference when it comes to single target?
    Post edited by caveck on
    caveck said:

And just out of curiosity, what do you use to maximize your single target? I don't think our builds are very different aside from shadow born and dying breath. Do you notice shadow born makes that tremendous of a difference when it comes to single target?

I am using this build at least for half a year now, i cant show u math bcs i do all based on how it feels. Before i changed to this build i had the exact same build just dying breath instead shadowborn. After switching those two it felt much better.
    About single targets, depends how fast they die i adjust rotations.
    1. dying very very fast - SB>stealth>DS>Lurkers>stealth>LB>df> hope there is time for SoD...
    2. dying fast - df>df>stealth>DS>Lurkers>SB>stealth>LB>df>stealt>DS>df...
    3. dying slow - same as nr 2. just with WR instead DS.

As for the role of TR, imo, since we have Deathknell and Last Moments, we are there to burn bosses >:) and to provide some control with Smoke Bomb where its needed, also Courage Breaker in case boss is giving tank hard time.
  • sirjimbofrancissirjimbofrancis Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    caveck said:

As a tr your role doesn't have to be limited to one though. And I feel like CN is a perfect example of that. High amount of mobs and high life bosses. My skills are being swapped out constantly while I'm playing. Going to go fight a boss? LB, SB, DS active. Boss is dead, now it's time for mobs? DS, BF, SB. While the paingiver doesn't matter to some, it matters to a lot of people. And when I run with friends I don't care. but when you have that try hard gwf who checks the charts every 5 seconds, I find it pretty fun to put them in second.

I think you are forgetting that, in combination with WoB, you get the shadowborn buff for a full 12 seconds which helps increase your mob damage, as well as gives you a nice boost against bosses with your encounter powers. In that way, it helps offset the loss of some of the other Exe boons somewhat, but retain the boss melting abilities.
    Lilia Drakon - PVE Executioner TR
    She Looked Lvl 18

Here is my Blog
  • talon1970talon1970 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 152 Arc User
    I hope @sirjimbofrancis i did nothing wrong, but i have posted your Guide in the German Tr section of the Forum, bc not everyone is looking here in the Us Forum, espaicelly the Ps4 Players.

Greetings

talon1970 said:

I hope @sirjimbofrancis i did nothing wrong, but i have posted your Guide in the German Tr section of the Forum, bc not everyone is looking here in the Us Forum, espaicelly the Ps4 Players.

Greetings

No problem at all! I made this guide to help all of us PVE TRs out. If anyone has any questions, feel free to send me a message or post here. I'm glad to help.
    She Looked Lvl 18

Here is my Blog
  • ratchetjaw10#5258 ratchetjaw10 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    Thank you for this. I am using the knowledge for my TR. Any YouTube videos OP?

Thank you for this. I am using the knowledge for my TR. Any YouTube videos OP?

I don't! I'm not sure my computer could handle it... I'm looking into the possibility and looking into better graphics cards. When I do, I'll put a post up. Thank you for your interest.
    She Looked Lvl 18

Here is my Blog
  • ratchetjaw10#5258 ratchetjaw10 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    null
    Oh OK,well thank you again for this build. I know a lot of work went into it
  • so, what kind of T1 gear (i.e. Seal of the Element/Demonic Ichor/whatever else stuff) should someone freshly hitting level 70 (or hitting 70 long ago and just not bothering to do much beyond that, like me) be looking at while working on higher tier stuff?​​
    It's not T1, but are you in a guild where you can get some of the guild armor pieces? Or, do you have any trade bars to get dusk armor with? I still wear a couple of dusk pieces. Not blowing off your question, but this way you wouldn't have turn right around and replace them.
    She Looked Lvl 18

Here is my Blog
  • i have no access to anything that needs to be paid for with real money, nor is my rogue in a guild - and replacing T1 stuff isn't an issue for me, because i have 3 different characters that can grab seals of the elements in spades from demonic encounters as well as those elemental evil troves from the campaign​​
    Elemental Alliance Raid Chest - drops in Tiamat and Etos, i think, not sure where i got mine but i think it was Tiamat.
    Elemental Drowcraft Raid Boots - buy normal drowcraft boots for seals and upgrade to elemental with BI SHaping profession.
    Head and Arms, either Dragonflight raid gear which u get from Guild and it needs few runs of Dragonflight and Guild marks or save ADs, convert them into ZEN, buy VIP and get yourself Raid Dusk Head and Arms, which is best option, imo.
    That way you will have Power+Crit on all 4 parts.

i have no access to anything that needs to be paid for with real money, nor is my rogue in a guild - and replacing T1 stuff isn't an issue for me, because i have 3 different characters that can grab seals of the elements in spades from demonic encounters as well as those elemental evil troves from the campaign​​

If you aren't in a guild, you should find one! But, that doesn't help you now. It was a long time ago when I used the t1 stuff, so I'll admit I'm rusty on it. I'd get the blue elemental armor, and that should allow you to take on the t2 dungeons where you can build up your purple armor from there. Then head for the Underdark campaign and see if the Drowcraft armor fits the stats you need. You can also look at upgrading them through the IWD campaign, if you like. Also, you can build up a pretty good stash of astral diamonds, swap them over for zen, and buy VIP. You'll get a lockbox key every day, and very soon you'll have enough trade bars to get the dusk set. Hope this helps!
    She Looked Lvl 18

Here is my Blog
    edited December 2016
    @sirjimbofrancis So I was testing something entirely different today where I found myself nitpicking Shadowborn again. I always felt the power bonus is clunky so it drove me curious. I just wanted to check if everyone is the same page with me or if it has been noted before;

Shadowborn - 2x power for the first attack after entering stealth. Only, DoT ticks of any kind consume that bonus. Say, Smoke Bomb, Duelist Flurry bleed etc. If I have any of these ticks going, Shadowborn is spent on the next ongoing tick and sets you back to your base power.

base: 15,316 reset toon only non-essential feats to reach shadowborn, no enchants etc
    shadowborn: 30,632
    base + 3n WW: 24,506 or 1.6 modifier for 3 hits
    base + shadowborn + 3n WW: 37,695 or 1.5382 modifier

The last one is just closer to 54% for hitting 3, comparing from buffed power (shadowborn) and power after WW. A few seconds after, it even drops to 33,695, but you understand how the WW works better than I do. However, the stacking power is irrelevant up to this point because what I'm testing for is Shadowborn's interaction with a DoT power.

In practice, if I have a DF bleed ticking off somewhere, then this whole buffed power with shadowborn, it doesn't happen. >.<