test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Updated TR Build

sirjimbofrancissirjimbofrancis Member Posts: 348 Arc User
Hey Everyone,
It seemed to me that there weren't very many up-to-date builds out there with any kind of detail for TRs, so I updated mine (from 8 months ago), and here it is. Thanks to @thefabricant very much, and if anyone has any suggestions, please feel free to let me know!
nwohackandslash.wordpress.com
Lilia Drakon - PVE Executioner TR
She Looked Lvl 18

Here is my Blog

Comments

• archangelzorak01archangelzorak01 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 324 Arc User
    Great stuff here, really great. I run the same build but there are a few things I do differently (not to say that anything you've presented here is wrong) just in case your interested.

At-Wills: I never ever ever use Cloud of Steel (well ok maybe sometimes when I'm bored). Sly Flourish is a much better at will for a few reasons. Firstly when clearing trash while your aoe encounters are on cooldown you'll do more damage with a few hits of Sly than you could with Cloud during the same amount of time. Second when any enemy (boss or otherwise) gets to low enough health that continuing to stack DF bleeds would be meaningless, getting a few hits of Sly will do more damage than either Cloud or DF, as high as 500-600k per hit(this is obviously if enc. are on CD). Lastly, but mostly is the 4th hit from Sly applies the Broken Armor debuff to a target for 10 seconds, increasing all damage it takes from all sources by 10%. It is really easy to squeeze 4 hits from Sly into your rotation at the end of a flurry while you wait for stealth to regen, it actually fits into the timing really really well. So thats an extra 10% damage that your entire party will be doing to a boss.

The next thing that is different in my build is Grim Pleasure vs. Arterial cut. In my testing I found Arterial to be slightly better but in all honesty the difference is so minimal that you could choose either without any significant impact on overall damage output.

Single Target Encounter setup:
    You use Dazing/ITC/Lashing. I feel that Wicked/ITC/Lashing is better. While you might do slightly more personal DPS using your setup, your party will do 21.3% more damage if you keep the Wicked Reminder debuff on a boss. Combined with the debuff from Sly Flourish a TR can increase the damage a target takes by 33.3%. Thats no slouch.

AoE Encounter setup:
    Dazing/ITC/Smoke is a solid setup. An alternative to that would be Blade Flurry/ITC/Smoke or (if your in a party with lots of defensive debuffs) Blade Flurry/Dazing/Smoke. Daily power usage is altered slightly when using Blade Flurry however. You can still use Whirlwind (3 targets or greater) or you can utilize the stealth regen granted by Lurker's to spam the sweet bejeezus out of Blade Flurry, often times getting 12-15 activations before it goes on cooldown.

As far as class features go, Invisible Infiltrator and Infiltrator's Action are the best options, with the offhand artifact power for Inf. Action of course. I would only use Skillful Infiltrator if I was below 85% crit chance.

Companions:
    Exactly the same setup I'm using and the best setup I've found through testing. The only difference is I keep the Wild Hunt Rider equipped all the time and let my Siege Master rot.

Mounts:
    Solid. I agree these are the most ideal choices for insignia bonuses. The only difference from my setup is that I'm using Shepherd's Devotion at the moment instead of Artificer's Persuasion, but I often switch between the two depending on the group I'm in.

Playstyle:
    Really good stuff here and other than the slightly different skill setup is just about the same way I play my TR. The only difference is right before starting up the rotation I hit twice with Sly, then stealth, 2 more hits from Sly then Wicked Reminder to start things off. Then its business as usual.

My full rotation is usually Slyx2>stealth>Slyx2>Wicked(SoDstarts)>DF>Lurker's>DF>ITC>stealth during the flurry(SoDends)>Lashing at the end while still stealthed(SoDstarts)>Wicked>DF>DF(SoDends)>Slyx2>ITC>stealth>Slyx2>Wicked.

Of course using this rotation its a crapshoot what attack gets your Shadowborn, sometimes its a DF hit and sometimes its the DF bleed. There are also times when a boss is at low health, you have Lurker's up and Lashing on CD and you can just a quick Lurker's>ITC>Stealth>Lashing for one last big hit to fishing off a boss. I call that the 'Record Breaker' as I like to try to hit Demogorgon or Goristro with it to break my personal record of 23.4 million Lashing.

Once again, cheers for putting this altogether. I'm still in the process of writing my own guide, but to be honest this one is so similar that I may not need to anymore.
    Neverwinter Module 6: The only MMO expansion in the history of MMO's to remove more content than it added.

• sirjimbofrancissirjimbofrancis Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    Thanks for the input! I appreciate the feedback and the compliments! I'll try out some of your suggestions and edit the build as necessary.
    She Looked Lvl 18

Here is my Blog
  • blur#5900 blur Member Posts: 490 Arc User
    Thanks for sharing this. Personally there is not much difference with my build except that i dont use ITC and Infiltrator's Action (i am still far away from BiS and my crit is still low 75-80% so i prefer Skillful Infiltrator) and i use Erinyes and Death Slaad instead Earth Archon(bcs im often not at full hp) and Wild hunt rider(bcs i cant proc it on bosses).

Thing i would like to add is LAG(net lag, game lag, pc lag). Many of you dont have either one of them but i do have PC LAG which for me is constant since my pc is very weak and barely handling the NW, its so bad that i can barely move in places like Tiamat, VT, Edemo, 2nd boss in CN. For me there is no way to squeeze in 2x duelists flurry during one SoD, i can barely do one df+encounter. Simply lag affects your performance in you want to rank high in Paingiver chart. For me, for example, 2nd boss in CN is probably the laggiest place in NW, rest of the party moves 2x faster than me, if not more.
    blur#5900 said:

Thanks for sharing this. Personally there is not much difference with my build except that i dont use ITC and Infiltrator's Action (i am still far away from BiS and my crit is still low 75-80% so i prefer Skillful Infiltrator) and i use Erinyes and Death Slaad instead Earth Archon(bcs im often not at full hp) and Wild hunt rider(bcs i cant proc it on bosses).

Thing i would like to add is LAG(net lag, game lag, pc lag). Many of you dont have either one of them but i do have PC LAG which for me is constant since my pc is very weak and barely handling the NW, its so bad that i can barely move in places like Tiamat, VT, Edemo, 2nd boss in CN. For me there is no way to squeeze in 2x duelists flurry during one SoD, i can barely do one df+encounter. Simply lag affects your performance in you want to rank high in Paingiver chart. For me, for example, 2nd boss in CN is probably the laggiest place in NW, rest of the party moves 2x faster than me, if not more.

Lag will absolutely kill you! Props, Blur, for playing with that kind of challenge. If you are lagging, it makes everything very very hard. In that case, Death Slaad might be a better choice, since his active bonus less dependent on the damage you do through your rotation.
    She Looked Lvl 18

Here is my Blog
  • raymond00713raymond00713 Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    Cool. I appreciate the effort you put into this. I always wondered about the 30% damage from wheel versus the constant daily uptime given by dc sigil. I kept the dc sigil but I have both at mythic.. been playing a tr a while lol.

Cool. I appreciate the effort you put into this. I always wondered about the 30% damage from wheel versus the constant daily uptime given by dc sigil. I kept the dc sigil but I have both at mythic.. been playing a tr a while lol.

Well, you'd be losing a bit more than the +30% damage bonus from the wheel, as back alley tactics would be less effective, but I'd say it's more situational. Sometimes having the DC Sigil would work better, but I think, most of the time, the Wheel is best for straight DPS.
    She Looked Lvl 18

Here is my Blog
  • raymond00713raymond00713 Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    Yeah i have back alley tactics but with sab. I've tried a lot of different combos and tho I know your build on the same level (bis) as me can equal my damage, i have more fun with sab. I've found that we'll played trs that go exe can't stay close to me in dungeons until we get to the boss, then they usually make ground.

I have yet to play with an amazing exe tr against an amazing sw or gwf. I'd imagine that the exe tr would be far behind but I dunno, it's a new mod for Xbox and maybe the bosses stay alive long enough for SoD to actually matter.

I haven't tried the wheel tho I did take it to mythic. There are times I use dailies 2 or 3 times in one encounter. I just dont think the wheel and it's sometimes clunky interactions can make up for the ability to spam dailies

Yeah i have back alley tactics but with sab. I've tried a lot of different combos and tho I know your build on the same level (bis) as me can equal my damage, i have more fun with sab. I've found that we'll played trs that go exe can't stay close to me in dungeons until we get to the boss, then they usually make ground.

I have yet to play with an amazing exe tr against an amazing sw or gwf. I'd imagine that the exe tr would be far behind but I dunno, it's a new mod for Xbox and maybe the bosses stay alive long enough for SoD to actually matter.

I haven't tried the wheel tho I did take it to mythic. There are times I use dailies 2 or 3 times in one encounter. I just dont think the wheel and it's sometimes clunky interactions can make up for the ability to spam dailies

I'd say the performance of the various classes vs each other depends a lot on the dungeon itself. As an executioner, I'd have a hard time keeping up with a BIS gwf in valendra' tower. However, drop us in lostmauth, and I can beat almost any gwf. There are some really really powerful sw out there. But, in CN, Demo, or even etos, this build can do well. As for sab vs exe, I've only known one sab able to keep up with me, but he does well!

I just wish we had more PVE rogues willing to stand up, because the fact of the matter is we CAN compete with BIS GWFs and SWs and any other dpsers at this level. I wanna do my part to make that happen. ;)
    She Looked Lvl 18

Here is my Blog
  • superkwstarassuperkwstaras Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    What would you say for path of the blade instead smoke bomb?

What would you say for path of the blade instead smoke bomb?

I know some people love path of the blade, but I think smoke bomb is better in every way. Plus, you get some crowd control. Seriously, I can't think of a single scenario where I would slot path of the blade.
    She Looked Lvl 18

Here is my Blog
  • talon1970talon1970 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 152 Arc User
    First:

Really nice build, i am running meanwhile an similar build, but with the same rotation, always trying to maximse SoD proc.

Just a few questions, i am trying to complete the Orcus Set, what is more or less the dps boost between Orcus and Lost-Set?

Wild Hunt Rider: I bought one back in Mod5, still on green Quality, but it seems for me, that he is not that much proccing as back in the days of Mod5.
    Is it worth to bring him on blue/purple/legend Quality, or should i stay with my companion setup: Fire (legend, summond), Air (epic), Earth (Epic) Archons, SiegeMaster (Epic), Erinye (Epic).

To Path of Blade:

I hate it^^, everytime i am running pug and i am seeing an TR using it, i will know what happened:
    He dies in seconds, bc for me, it is the only aggro gain encounter in our Arsenal. And it is logical, these Attack on an few adds, without any CC ability (can't speak for Scoundrel), will gain aggro, the last thing an Tr will get is: Aggro espaicelly an Mi Exe without stealth....
    So until PotB will not become the next uber Encounter with Billions, trillions, quadzillions on dps with the next TR Rework (in this century maybe) i will not use it.
    talon1970 said:

First:

Really nice build, i am running meanwhile an similar build, but with the same rotation, always trying to maximse SoD proc.

Just a few questions, i am trying to complete the Orcus Set, what is more or less the dps boost between Orcus and Lost-Set?

Wild Hunt Rider: I bought one back in Mod5, still on green Quality, but it seems for me, that he is not that much proccing as back in the days of Mod5.
    Is it worth to bring him on blue/purple/legend Quality, or should i stay with my companion setup: Fire (legend, summond), Air (epic), Earth (Epic) Archons, SiegeMaster (Epic), Erinye (Epic).

To Path of Blade:

I hate it^^, everytime i am running pug and i am seeing an TR using it, i will know what happened:
    He dies in seconds, bc for me, it is the only aggro gain encounter in our Arsenal. And it is logical, these Attack on an few adds, without any CC ability (can't speak for Scoundrel), will gain aggro, the last thing an Tr will get is: Aggro espaicelly an Mi Exe without stealth....
    So until PotB will not become the next uber Encounter with Billions, trillions, quadzillions on dps with the next TR Rework (in this century maybe) i will not use it.

Yeah, I hate POTB, too! Lol. It will literally be the last power I put points into.

It's hard to pin down the exact amount of DPS gain on the Orcus set because it doesn't show up as an individual stat in ACT. However, my lostmauth set accounted for something between 2 and 3% of my DPS, and I'd say we probably get about a 10% boost, at least, from Orcus. It's good. Really, really good compared to everything else right now.

As for the companions, I think, after testing, that, unless you are in the stronghold, the siege master should be swapped out for the wild hunt rider. I wouldn't use it unless it was purple, but it procs quite often. I believe every tick of smoke bomb, for instance, gives you a chance. I was skeptical, too, but I never take it off anymore.
    She Looked Lvl 18

Here is my Blog
  • slyslepkava#8596 slyslepkava Member Posts: 41 Arc User

Great stuff here, really great. I run the same build but there are a few things I do differently (not to say that anything you've presented here is wrong) just in case your interested.

At-Wills: I never ever ever use Cloud of Steel (well ok maybe sometimes when I'm bored). Sly Flourish is a much better at will for a few reasons. Firstly when clearing trash while your aoe encounters are on cooldown you'll do more damage with a few hits of Sly than you could with Cloud during the same amount of time. Second when any enemy (boss or otherwise) gets to low enough health that continuing to stack DF bleeds would be meaningless, getting a few hits of Sly will do more damage than either Cloud or DF, as high as 500-600k per hit(this is obviously if enc. are on CD). Lastly, but mostly is the 4th hit from Sly applies the Broken Armor debuff to a target for 10 seconds, increasing all damage it takes from all sources by 10%. It is really easy to squeeze 4 hits from Sly into your rotation at the end of a flurry while you wait for stealth to regen, it actually fits into the timing really really well. So thats an extra 10% damage that your entire party will be doing to a boss.

The next thing that is different in my build is Grim Pleasure vs. Arterial cut. In my testing I found Arterial to be slightly better but in all honesty the difference is so minimal that you could choose either without any significant impact on overall damage output.

Single Target Encounter setup:
    You use Dazing/ITC/Lashing. I feel that Wicked/ITC/Lashing is better. While you might do slightly more personal DPS using your setup, your party will do 21.3% more damage if you keep the Wicked Reminder debuff on a boss. Combined with the debuff from Sly Flourish a TR can increase the damage a target takes by 33.3%. Thats no slouch.

AoE Encounter setup:
    Dazing/ITC/Smoke is a solid setup. An alternative to that would be Blade Flurry/ITC/Smoke or (if your in a party with lots of defensive debuffs) Blade Flurry/Dazing/Smoke. Daily power usage is altered slightly when using Blade Flurry however. You can still use Whirlwind (3 targets or greater) or you can utilize the stealth regen granted by Lurker's to spam the sweet bejeezus out of Blade Flurry, often times getting 12-15 activations before it goes on cooldown.

As far as class features go, Invisible Infiltrator and Infiltrator's Action are the best options, with the offhand artifact power for Inf. Action of course. I would only use Skillful Infiltrator if I was below 85% crit chance.

Companions:
    Exactly the same setup I'm using and the best setup I've found through testing. The only difference is I keep the Wild Hunt Rider equipped all the time and let my Siege Master rot.

Mounts:
    Solid. I agree these are the most ideal choices for insignia bonuses. The only difference from my setup is that I'm using Shepherd's Devotion at the moment instead of Artificer's Persuasion, but I often switch between the two depending on the group I'm in.

Playstyle:
    Really good stuff here and other than the slightly different skill setup is just about the same way I play my TR. The only difference is right before starting up the rotation I hit twice with Sly, then stealth, 2 more hits from Sly then Wicked Reminder to start things off. Then its business as usual.

My full rotation is usually Slyx2>stealth>Slyx2>Wicked(SoDstarts)>DF>Lurker's>DF>ITC>stealth during the flurry(SoDends)>Lashing at the end while still stealthed(SoDstarts)>Wicked>DF>DF(SoDends)>Slyx2>ITC>stealth>Slyx2>Wicked.

Of course using this rotation its a crapshoot what attack gets your Shadowborn, sometimes its a DF hit and sometimes its the DF bleed. There are also times when a boss is at low health, you have Lurker's up and Lashing on CD and you can just a quick Lurker's>ITC>Stealth>Lashing for one last big hit to fishing off a boss. I call that the 'Record Breaker' as I like to try to hit Demogorgon or Goristro with it to break my personal record of 23.4 million Lashing.

Once again, cheers for putting this altogether. I'm still in the process of writing my own guide, but to be honest this one is so similar that I may not need to anymore.

I'm sure we would all still like to hear things from your perspective. I know I would. There is always some information to be gained from another person's take on the same/almost the same build.

I'm sure we would all still like to hear things from your perspective. I know I would. There is always some information to be gained from another person's take on the same/almost the same build.

+1. Agreed!

She Looked Lvl 18

Here is my Blog
  • izworizwor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    I wonder why not to use DEX/CHA then STR setup rather than STR/DEX then CHA?
    I think with how you want to utilize CA bonus from Infiltrators Action it will be more efficient.
    I got a bit didfferent build (no Scoundrel, just 5 points in Sabouter for better at-wills damage, but... When I checked ATC my TR has ~95-97% flanking bonus, so its almost all the time. With numbers that hight CA bonus damage from CHA should be at the same level as DMG bonus from STR. What's a big difference CHA gives you more than that - Deflection Chance (you can easily reach high numbers with CHA+DEX) which I think is better than Stamina or DoTResist bonuses.

It's great build overall, because it explains how to play TR. Mine is different, but I'll give it a try on preview, to check if it;s better ;)
    One more thing that I've noticed - Action Advantage in Heroic Feats Tree, I find it useless, because as far as I know it gives you % bonus of your % AP gain bonus. Lets say you got 30% AP gain bonus, with maxed out Action Advantage you will have 33% AP gain bonus, not 40% ;/ Similar feats are usefull on other classes like DC which have AP gain bonuses near 100%, but not on TR. You may put these points in better use.

I did not even consider Hunt Rider as a good companion for TR :) Used it on my CW and SW, but I'll give it a try.

About optimizing SoD damage on boss fights. I use SB, ITC, WR. SB allows you to activate SoD one after another without break. With bleeds hitting for 500k-1mln I find activating SoD more important than any encounters we can use.
    My TR do not have feat for ITC, so I don't use it all the time. This is why in mobs-intesive fights like CN, VT or eCC I use Blade Flurry, five hits from these with all the buffs DC/GF/OP can give you and you're AoE DPS beast :)
    izwor said:

I think with how you want to utilize CA bonus from Infiltrators Action it will be more efficient.
    I got a bit didfferent build (no Scoundrel, just 5 points in Sabouter for better at-wills damage, but... When I checked ATC my TR has ~95-97% flanking bonus, so its almost all the time. With numbers that hight CA bonus damage from CHA should be at the same level as DMG bonus from STR. What's a big difference CHA gives you more than that - Deflection Chance (you can easily reach high numbers with CHA+DEX) which I think is better than Stamina or DoTResist bonuses.

It's great build overall, because it explains how to play TR. Mine is different, but I'll give it a try on preview, to check if it;s better ;)
    One more thing that I've noticed - Action Advantage in Heroic Feats Tree, I find it useless, because as far as I know it gives you % bonus of your % AP gain bonus. Lets say you got 30% AP gain bonus, with maxed out Action Advantage you will have 33% AP gain bonus, not 40% ;/ Similar feats are usefull on other classes like DC which have AP gain bonuses near 100%, but not on TR. You may put these points in better use.

I did not even consider Hunt Rider as a good companion for TR :) Used it on my CW and SW, but I'll give it a try.

About optimizing SoD damage on boss fights. I use SB, ITC, WR. SB allows you to activate SoD one after another without break. With bleeds hitting for 500k-1mln I find activating SoD more important than any encounters we can use.
    My TR do not have feat for ITC, so I don't use it all the time. This is why in mobs-intesive fights like CN, VT or eCC I use Blade Flurry, five hits from these with all the buffs DC/GF/OP can give you and you're AoE DPS beast :)

Thanks for the feedback! Here is the reason I put strength over charisma. Correct me if I am wrong here people, but I believe the strength bonus is computed first before the charisma bonus for Combat Advantage. So, in other words, if you put, say 10 points into Charisma, and had a base damage of 1000, you would be doing 1100, or 1000 * 1.10 for a 10% bonus. However, if you put 5 points into strength and 5 points into charisma, your base damage becomes 1050 before the charisma bonus hits, which means you'll be doing 1102.5, or 1050 * 1.05 for a 5% increase. Now, that I look at it, the number is pretty small. It isn't very much of a difference, so it might not be a bad idea for the extra deflect! Thanks, I'll check it out!

I think you'll find that the scoundrel bonuses will give you higher DPS overall than the Sabo. Check it out and let me know!

I chose Action Advantage because I seemed to notice a difference. However, you could easily put two points in it and the last 3 into the deflect bonus, if you like. It probably doesn't make a big difference, either way.

The only problem with Smoke Bomb on the boss fights, is that 1) unless you stealth after you pop it, it won't proc SoD, which means at least some of the ticks will not crit, 2) The ticks last longer than the SoD takes to proc so, I find it isn't the most efficient, 3) the cool down is nearly as long as lashing blade so I can almost get 2 Dazing strikes for more damage out in the same amount of time, and 4) it will proc the shadowborn feat for a tick, instead of letting me use it for an encounter (although this can be a problem for bleed ticks as well, which is why I like fast attacks). Smoke bomb can be very handy when the boss has adds (like the mindflayer in CN) or if there is more than one (scorpions in Lostmauth). But, for single targets I prefer Dazing Strike instead.

Wicked Reminder is a great encounter to use, especially if you are running with a team that is undergeared or FBI. I just generally go with the encounters that give the highest damage. But, seriously, WR is great, and can really help the party. Same goes for Courage Breaker. Slightly less DPS, but it will help your party out more against those big bosses.

Blade Flurry is a really good AOE attack. I just find that damn sound annoying as HAMSTER. Purely personal taste here. after about 10 of those "slussslink"s, I want to scream. I'm able to keep up pretty well with SB, ITC and Dazing Strike, along with whirlwind and ITC (so I can survive in the middle of the mess). 10% bonus power each ITC helps me keep up. But, as I say in the build, there is more than one way up this mountain. If it works for you, absolutely use it.

Thanks again for the feedback!
    She Looked Lvl 18

Here is my Blog
    I updated the build to take advantage of some of the very fine advice you all have given me. Thank you and feel free to hit me with more, if you see something I can improve on. Thanks again!
    She Looked Lvl 18

Here is my Blog
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    izwor said:

About DEX/CHA etc..

The issue with CA, is that it's added to existing CA and not a multiplicative buff like STR.

(levelbase + weapons_damage) * skill_modifier * power * str_buff * (1 + I[ca]*(ca_stat + ca_base + ca_companions + ca_ability) + I[crit]*crit_severity )

So to put some numbers, lets start with no bonuses, assume 100 base damage (and no skill modifier and power, not relevant for this), and CA:

base is 15%, stat is about 9%, companions 0, ability 0, and no crit.

100 * (1 + 0.15 + 0.09) = 124

Now with cha at 25, we get 15% more CA:

100 * (1 + 0.15 + 0.09 + 0.15) = 139

This is 12% increase in damage over the former.

Lets see STR instead, again 15 points over 10 (25 total):

100 * 1.15 * (1 + 0.15 + 0.09) = 142.6

And we get as expected 15% over no bonus.

The bigger problem starts when we look at it together with crit, at this crit severity and CA added:

So lets assume 150% severity:

100 * (1 + 0.15 + 0.09 + 1.5) = 274

With CHA:

100 * (1 + 0.15 + 0.09 + 0.15 + 1.5) = 289

5.4% damage increase from the 15 cha points.

And instead STR:

100 * 1.15* (1 + 0.15 + 0.09 + 1.5) = 315.1
    (Same 15% increase over the without bonus number)

So baring mistakes and etc... STR is always significantly better than CHA.
    Even assuming 100% CA uptime.
    edited October 2016
    About ITC press the advantage:

The good thing:
    1. It takes the char sheet number, means it takes the bondings, twisted, and everything that adds power.
    2. ITC doesn't interrupt stuff, so most of the time you can activate it in the middle of stuff.

The bad: it's only 10% and it's short, very very short.
    On it's own to time those 10% power (not dps) to get significant increase out of is daunting.

The main trick I can see using it, is with whirlwind, whirlwind buffs 20% per hit up to 100% of basepower. Means no bondings, twisted etc, but ITC feat is direct stat modifier and will count as base, so if we ITC and then immediately Whirlwind, whirlwind will take into account the added power and with that the 10% of all the bondings etc.. With this small double buff.
    And for a longer duration than ITC by itself, 5 sec for press the advantage vs 10 whirlwind buff.

But honestly at the end, all this timings to take care off... just slotting lashing and hit stuff is more fun. I personally use one of these:

Dazing, smoke, lashing
    Dazing, smoke, blade Flurry
    Dazing, WR, lashing.

Even though I've feated ITC last respec.
    I agree with @micky1p00 and use same encounter setup except in the 3rd row. First row is my general boss encounter setup dazing+smoke+lashing, it gets changed to second row dazing+smoke+blade flurry in CN for mobs part. For the 3rd row, smoke bomb never leaves my side and i handle FBI bosses with smoke bomb+WR+Lashing. Smoke Bomb may be a bad choice for Drufi since she runs all over the place but i cant use 3rd stealthed encounter anyway, bcs WR or lashing are ready and i prefer them. Also just before Drufi prepares to cast blizzard i leave a smoke bomb for her.

ITC may be good in the climb part of FBI to help survive(i personaly die there a lot, with my lag i cant dodge in time or just hoping pally/dc will save me lol).

Another nice thing, like said above, is buffing the WoB, combined with Tenser's combat power+ Cavalry Warning thats + ~30% power(if tenser and mount bonus take char sheet number). If i get tenser in this century i may try it out.
    edited October 2016
    blur#5900 said:

I agree with @micky1p00 and use same encounter setup except in the 3rd row. First row is my general boss encounter setup dazing+smoke+lashing, it gets changed to second row dazing+smoke+blade flurry in CN for mobs part. For the 3rd row, smoke bomb never leaves my side and i handle FBI bosses with smoke bomb+WR+Lashing. Smoke Bomb may be a bad choice for Drufi since she runs all over the place but i cant use 3rd stealthed encounter anyway, bcs WR or lashing are ready and i prefer them. Also just before Drufi prepares to cast blizzard i leave a smoke bomb for her.

ITC may be good in the climb part of FBI to help survive(i personaly die there a lot, with my lag i cant dodge in time or just hoping pally/dc will save me lol).

Another nice thing, like said above, is buffing the WoB, combined with Tenser's combat power+ Cavalry Warning thats + ~30% power(if tenser and mount bonus take char sheet number). If i get tenser in this century i may try it out.

Yup, I used the third only in FBI, to help debuff and because of all the chasing around, usually it's only the first, with the second is for CN zombies (or farming vouchers in siege event and such).
    micky1p00 said:

izwor said:

About DEX/CHA etc..

The issue with CA, is that it's added to existing CA and not a multiplicative buff like STR.

(levelbase + weapons_damage) * skill_modifier * power * str_buff * (1 + I[ca]*(ca_stat + ca_base + ca_companions + ca_ability) + I[crit]*crit_severity )

So to put some numbers, lets start with no bonuses, assume 100 base damage (and no skill modifier and power, not relevant for this), and CA:

base is 15%, stat is about 9%, companions 0, ability 0, and no crit.

100 * (1 + 0.15 + 0.09) = 124

Now with cha at 25, we get 15% more CA:

100 * (1 + 0.15 + 0.09 + 0.15) = 139

This is 12% increase in damage over the former.

Lets see STR instead, again 15 points over 10 (25 total):

100 * 1.15 * (1 + 0.15 + 0.09) = 142.6

And we get as expected 15% over no bonus.

The bigger problem starts when we look at it together with crit, at this crit severity and CA added:

So lets assume 150% severity:

100 * (1 + 0.15 + 0.09 + 1.5) = 274

With CHA:

100 * (1 + 0.15 + 0.09 + 0.15 + 1.5) = 289

5.4% damage increase from the 15 cha points.

And instead STR:

100 * 1.15* (1 + 0.15 + 0.09 + 1.5) = 315.1
    (Same 15% increase over the without bonus number)

So baring mistakes and etc... STR is always significantly better than CHA.
    Even assuming 100% CA uptime.
    Lol! Thank you for putting the numbers down for me Micky, and I hope you don't mind me putting this into the build. I should have tested it more carefully before I changed it. My mistake and I'll put my build back the way it was with a better explanation of why.

She Looked Lvl 18

Here is my Blog
    micky1p00 said:

The good thing:
    1. It takes the char sheet number, means it takes the bondings, twisted, and everything that adds power.
    2. ITC doesn't interrupt stuff, so most of the time you can activate it in the middle of stuff.

On it's own to time those 10% power (not dps) to get significant increase out of is daunting.

The main trick I can see using it, is with whirlwind, whirlwind buffs 20% per hit up to 100% of basepower. Means no bondings, twisted etc, but ITC feat is direct stat modifier and will count as base, so if we ITC and then immediately Whirlwind, whirlwind will take into account the added power and with that the 10% of all the bondings etc.. With this small double buff.
    And for a longer duration than ITC by itself, 5 sec for press the advantage vs 10 whirlwind buff.

But honestly at the end, all this timings to take care off... just slotting lashing and hit stuff is more fun. I personally use one of these:

Dazing, smoke, lashing
    Dazing, WR, lashing.

I may be wrong, but if we have Shadowborn feat, doesn't ITC's 10% count for that as well? If, after bondings and brutals, my power sits at 70,000, I stealth and proc Shadowborn bumping my power up to 140,000, and then use ITC, that then buffs my power an additional 14,000, which is an additional 35% buff. Then I pop whirlwind. That buff then lasts an extra 10 seconds, like you point out. Please correct me if I am HAMSTER up the math, though! I think we are missing something, though, because after checking my stats after WoB, my power is very often in the 160-175K range for the 10 seconds, if I am by myself. Any ideas?

As for the rotations and using ITC, you may be right and I could help myself out by saving ITC for some specific bosses and situations. In FBI, it is very hard to get full use of all the buffs because timing is more difficult, especially with that last boss. I'll play around with my rotations and see if I like something better, but, as you know, rotations are somewhat flexible as there are plenty of successful combinations. Thanks for the feedback!
    She Looked Lvl 18

Here is my Blog
    I didn't even know that was a bad word here, BTW. LOL
    She Looked Lvl 18

Here is my Blog

micky1p00 said:

The good thing:

Dazing, smoke, lashing
    Dazing, WR, lashing.

I may be wrong, but if we have Shadowborn feat, doesn't ITC's 10% count for that as well? If, after bondings and brutals, my power sits at 70,000, I stealth and proc Shadowborn bumping my power up to 140,000, and then use ITC, that then buffs my power an additional 14,000, which is an additional 35% buff. Then I pop whirlwind. That buff then lasts an extra 10 seconds, like you point out. Please correct me if I am HAMSTER up the math, though! I think we are missing something, though, because after checking my stats after WoB, my power is very often in the 160-175K range for the 10 seconds, if I am by myself. Any ideas?

As for the rotations and using ITC, you may be right and I could help myself out by saving ITC for some specific bosses and situations. In FBI, it is very hard to get full use of all the buffs because timing is more difficult, especially with that last boss. I'll play around with my rotations and see if I like something better, but, as you know, rotations are somewhat flexible as there are plenty of successful combinations. Thanks for the feedback!
    I don't have shadowborn right now, so will have to check on preview (but I'm super lazy, so if someone want to check, don't wait for me), but as far as I remember, it adds 100% to the base power, so no bondings, twisted and all that.

But using itc+shadowborn as a preparation for whirlwind can be an interesting idea.
    ITC to get 10% of all added to base, shadowborn to x2 the base and then whirlwind to set it for all hits for the following 10 seconds. It will be interesting to see where the cutoff will be, meaning if it will be better or worse on single target vs lurkers, 2 targets, 3 and so on...
    micky1p00 said:

I don't have shadowborn right now, so will have to check on preview (but I'm super lazy, so if someone want to check, don't wait for me), but as far as I remember, it adds 100% to the base power, so no bondings, twisted and all that.

But using itc+shadowborn as a preparation for whirlwind can be an interesting idea.
    ITC to get 10% of all added to base, shadowborn to x2 the base and then whirlwind to set it for all hits for the following 10 seconds. It will be interesting to see where the cutoff will be, meaning if it will be better or worse on single target vs lurkers, 2 targets, 3 and so on...

Okay, so, I've been doing some testing and confirmed ITC and Whirlwind both proc with your current power, but shadowborn is only your base. Furthermore, if you use ITC from stealth, it kills your shadowborn bonus, (even if you aren't doing any damage).

My base is about 30,000. The optimal rotation is stealth > Whirlwind > ITC > Stealth > Encounter (probably Dazing Strike). Using this rotation, I got my power to between 155,000-160,000. That does make for a big hit and saving your ITC until the end gives you about 14,000 additional power.

Furthermore, Whirlwind of blades does extend your shadowborn bonus for the extent of the Whirlwind bonus, however, it does NOT extend the ITC bonus. ITC goes away when ITC wears off.

I'd say the main advantage of ITC is defensive, with the possibility of a good power bonus entirely dependent on your rotation. In many instances, it is perfectly fine (even preferable) to run an additional encounter power, but ITC's best use (in my opinion), is saving your rotation against bosses about to put out big splash damage or control. It can be useful in big mobs to keep you alive if you find yourself surrounded, but if you take it as a buff move, make sure you have your rotation down very specifically in order to take full advantage.
    She Looked Lvl 18

Here is my Blog
  • gavstarxgavstarx Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Silly question were is all your armour pen coming from ?
    gavstarx said:

Mostly from Loyal Avenger gear on companion. You can get some from Artifacts(usually Lantern, Kessel, Lostmauth Horn), from Insignias, some armor chest pieces give crit+armpen, but main source is companion.
    blur#5900 said:

gavstarx said:

Mostly from Loyal Avenger gear on companion. You can get some from Artifacts(usually Lantern, Kessel, Lostmauth Horn), from Insignias, some armor chest pieces give crit+armpen, but main source is companion.
    Yup! I took off all my artifacts that gave me arm pen and got ones that help out with other stats. This left me a little short, even after the arm pen from my companion, so I ended up with a few armor pen kits for my armor.
    She Looked Lvl 18

Here is my Blog
  • kinganuthinkinganuthin Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    What am I missing with Shadowborne? 100% sounds great, but its NEXT attack. That's 5 points for one attack? I see it good for the 3rd phase of the flurry, but now I see its base stat only.
    Could it be better than arterial cut?

I have found Shadow strike to be much better than lashing when it comes to destroying the boss. Reguardless if you are using Shadowborne or arterial cut.
    Having two stealthed flurry through a SOD... Being that you gain 6% damage when leaving stealth and then get bonuses for going back into stealth... A lashing cannot compete with a stealthed flurry.
    It also looks like it adds a nice chunk of AP.
    But here is the best part: the heck with stacking crit. You got 100%, plus a lot of severity, when it matters: during SOD. Stack power, and then ITC becomes something special..
    I redid my boons, enchants, etc.. Even dropped 3k armpen guild boon for 3k power. Even though I'm a bit shy of 60 armp now, the increase has been huge. I think after x2 refinment, ill be at 60.

Having good AP gain is key to using shadow strike . if you are not getting a lot of dailies to refill stealth bar, you will be waiting for stealth to charge..

Plus, things don't always go smooth. Bad timing and no crit on lashing vs. having the ability to fully recharge stealth if your last got wasted...
    Couple of Pallys gave you instant cooldowns? Another sod coming right up!
    Post edited by kinganuthin on