test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New Updated TR Build

Comments

• Options
    sirjimbofrancissirjimbofrancis Member Posts: 348 Arc User

What am I missing with Shadowborne? 100% sounds great, but its NEXT attack. That's 5 points for one attack? I see it good for the 3rd phase of the flurry, but now I see its base stat only.

Could it be better than arterial cut?

I have found Shadow strike to be much better than lashing when it comes to destroying the boss. Reguardless if you are using Shadowborne or arterial cut.

Having two stealthed flurry through a SOD... Being that you gain 6% damage when leaving stealth and then get bonuses for going back into stealth... A lashing cannot compete with a stealthed flurry.

It also looks like it adds a nice chunk of AP.

But here is the best part: the heck with stacking crit. You got 100%, plus a lot of severity, when it matters: during SOD. Stack power, and then ITC becomes something special..

I redid my boons, enchants, etc.. Even dropped 3k armpen guild boon for 3k power. Even though I'm a bit shy of 60 armp now, the increase has been huge. I think after x2 refinment, ill be at 60.

Having good AP gain is key to using shadow strike . if you are not getting a lot of dailies to refill stealth bar, you will be waiting for stealth to charge..

Plus, things don't always go smooth. Bad timing and no crit on lashing vs. having the ability to fully recharge stealth if your last got wasted...

"A lashing can not compete with a stealthed flurry", considering using Shadowborn where it adds an additional 30,000 power to the lashing, and the bonuses you are talking about contributing to duellist flurry, also will apply to lashing blade. You can check out my ACT on my page. That is running lostmauth with none of the big buffs from other classes, and my lashing hit for almost a million by itself. Plus, as an executioner, my lashing damage will contribute to my Shadows of Demise, where you might not even get one duellist flurry off in that 6 second window. That means that I'm getting an additional 50% of that damage again as piercing damage.

By stacking crit, I can get the advantage of stealth without having to use an encounter slot for shadow strike. I could see how shadow strike might be very useful for Pvp, but I can't see how you aren't losing out on some DPS using a slot on ITC and shadow strike.

Stacking power IS great, but when everything is proccing on my build, my power is above 70,000, so proccing ITC gives me an additional 7000 power or so, (if I'm not using whirlwind of blades). You will be getting one additional stealth, for sure, but with Shadowborn, it only works on the first attack so you are leaving DPS on the table. I don't doubt that you can do good DPS using only duellist flurry as it accounts for at least 40% of my damage and the largest portion of all my powers, but 60% of the damage I do is *not* duellist flurry, so I can't believe that it could possible make up that difference, having one extra stealth.
    Lilia Drakon - PVE Executioner TR
    She Looked Lvl 18

Here is my Blog
  • Options
    kinganuthinkinganuthin Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    So you're not getting any duelist flurries in stealth and using lashing to trigger sod?
    I'm dropping smoke - start flurry- pop itc, then stealth. Entire bleed portion of flurry in stealth. Shadow strike. Start flurry, stealth during bleed portion.
    I get two stealthed flurries during sod. The second gets the 6% for just coming out of stealth and then the added 15% crit severity for being in stealth. All of which adds into the bleeds, which adds into the sod, and after.
    Sure, sometimes I don't get to do the 2nd flurry because of red stuff.. But I also know that sometimes that lashing hits nothing but air and doesn't even start sod.

I will try it your way, see how it goes.
    I'm still farming to replace rising crit with rising power rings..
    At this point, nothing is hard. I'm usually coming out of fast edemo golds 2nd or 3rd. Top 5 Tia farms..
    Game is silly easy, so experimenting isn't a big deal.. Just zen.

Edit to add: since I pop stealth at the moment the final flurry begins, do you know if Shadowborne applies to the entire hit/bleeds stacks? I might consider it if it does.
  • Options
    Funny though you say " I can see using shadow strike in pvp" I run dazing and lashing hands down. Lol
  • Options

Funny though you say " I can see using shadow strike in pvp" I run dazing and lashing hands down. Lol

I don't really ever play Pvp, so I don't know much about it, really...lol. It might be interesting to run lostmauth and swap each of us for a run with the same party, running act. Then we would really know. If we can find a time that works for both of us.
    She Looked Lvl 18

Here is my Blog
  • Options
    You're well more geared than I giving your power. I just reached 2900 (ps4) . but I've yet to see any rogue keep up with me, even the whales on ps4. Which isn't saying much, I know..

I would love to use Shadowborne in pvp. Don't get companions anyway.. Its all about that opener in stealth and then following with something hard hitting for sod. Not easy getting a flurry in with anyone worth a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> in pvp.
  • Options
    I just wish sly didn't take so long.. I've been experimenting with gloaming cut. Hits pretty hard on things with low health. Compairable to lashing blade even. Mostly pvp t9 get stealth back quicker.
  • Options
    I'd stay away from gloaming, unless you are going for some sort of perma stealth. You can certainly try the build out. I'm on PC, and the equipment available is a bit different than on ps4. Don't get too attached to one thing, because you'll be constantly tweaking your build as you gear up. Good luck!
    She Looked Lvl 18

Here is my Blog
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    For sure. I use it rarely, but mostly pvp. Throw it in after a stealthed,daze, lashing, shocking execution. It can hit pretty hard after all that. Add it into SOD..
    It has decent range, better than flurry or sly. So you can clip someone running away.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Few points I forgot to add about shadow strike.
    Last Moments. I'm getting full advantage of this 25% damage feat at 70% health (while stealthed). Otherwise you're not getting ful potential until 40%.
    Also. Two flurrys in stealth is a lot of AP gain.
  • Options
    slyslepkava#8596 slyslepkava Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    Is there any merit to running all Black Ice enchantments in offensive slots for the added recovery?
  • Options
    blur#5900 blur Member Posts: 490 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Main damage comes from Bleeds from Duelists Flurry so all you should do is make Bleeds crit (not exactly sure how to do that, i saw u should activate stealth before 10th bleed stack or activate stealth before flurry animation ends...). Lashing blade serves the purpose of one big hit to max out the SoD and in that short time u need to use Lashing you cant do anything with atwill (maybe 1 hit or 1 bleed proc, which isnt comparable to Lashing) and you lack that when you use Shadow Strike.
    Speaking from PVE perspective, no idea about PVP.

Is there any merit to running all Black Ice enchantments in offensive slots for the added recovery?

Yes its nice IF you have enough crit.
  • Options
    lamashilamashi Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Thank you for sharing your build! I'm a casual gamer but reaching the point where I have to re-evaluate my life choices character build, and your post gave me some excellent pointers regarding what to do so my PvE TR build isn't completely all over the place. ;)
    Aspen Whitewood (LV40 TR) // Amos Fairfolk (LV21 HR)
  • Options
    lamashi said:

Thank you for sharing your build! I'm a casual gamer but reaching the point where I have to re-evaluate my life choices character build, and your post gave me some excellent pointers regarding what to do so my PvE TR build isn't completely all over the place. ;)

Haha! Sometimes, I STILL feel all over the place. It's okay, that's a natural feeling for a TR! :)
    She Looked Lvl 18

Here is my Blog
  • Options
    boothy#7543 boothy Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    Excellent guide and thankyou for stepping up to educate us! Up to date info on TR seems very hard to find these days.

I have had a thought on swapping a few feats to try and better suit my playstyle.. Ill be running DC Sigil as my active for the constant dailies and my recovery is really low (I have a fair wait time for my encounters to get the SoD rotation going again).

I plan to run Dazing/Lashing/Smoke mainly so the Press the advantage would be redundant and my dc sigil would really soften back alley tactics so what do you think to this?

- Bloody brawler
    - Press the advantage (No ITC)
    - Back alley tactics (DC Sigil active)

+ Arterial cut (Makes up some lost Back Alley dmg)
    + Shady preperations (Cooldown on stealth use)
    + Knifes edge (Cooldown on daily use)

Less prepping and buff more cooldown and slap stuff.. however im not sure if the reduced cd will really help that much? on bosses at least.

Any advice would be nice :)
  • Options
    I suggest to keep BAT. I have no problems with keeping SoD up while i use same encounters but i have around 5.3k Recovery in combat. On Orcus i start a rotation with Lashing bcs it has longest cooldown and that way i manage to keep SoD all the time.

Steath>Lashing(stats SoD)>Smoke Bomb>Lurkers Assault>Duelists Flurry>Stealth(i wait around half a sec for SoD to end)>Dazing(starts SoD)>Duelists Flurry>DF again>Stealth(SoD ends)>Lashing(starts SoD)...
  • Options
    Looks like I may have to alter my rotations a bit since the change to ITC. It is really slowing me down...

Excellent guide and thankyou for stepping up to educate us! Up to date info on TR seems very hard to find these days.

I have had a thought on swapping a few feats to try and better suit my playstyle.. Ill be running DC Sigil as my active for the constant dailies and my recovery is really low (I have a fair wait time for my encounters to get the SoD rotation going again).

I plan to run Dazing/Lashing/Smoke mainly so the Press the advantage would be redundant and my dc sigil would really soften back alley tactics so what do you think to this?

- Bloody brawler

- Press the advantage (No ITC)

- Back alley tactics (DC Sigil active)

+ Arterial cut (Makes up some lost Back Alley dmg)

+ Shady preperations (Cooldown on stealth use)

+ Knifes edge (Cooldown on daily use)

Less prepping and buff more cooldown and slap stuff.. however im not sure if the reduced cd will really help that much? on bosses at least.

Any advice would be nice :)

I would keep the same feats except, if you are planning to drop ITC completely, I'd swap Press the Advantage for the feat that adds deflect. I, (right now), still prefer the flat damage boosts over ones that only proc from stealth or when something dies.
    blur#5900 said:

I suggest to keep BAT. I have no problems with keeping SoD up while i use same encounters but i have around 5.3k Recovery in combat. On Orcus i start a rotation with Lashing bcs it has longest cooldown and that way i manage to keep SoD all the time.

Steath>Lashing(stats SoD)>Smoke Bomb>Lurkers Assault>Duelists Flurry>Stealth(i wait around half a sec for SoD to end)>Dazing(starts SoD)>Duelists Flurry>DF again>Stealth(SoD ends)>Lashing(starts SoD)...

That is a solid rotation! I'd be really tempted to stealth>dazing Strike>Lurker's Assault>Smoke bomb>Stealth>Lashing Blade>duellist Flurry

The reason being, yes your lashing blade will be a second longer coming back, but your lashing and smoke bomb get the damage bonus from Lurker's Assault and extra Back Alley damage. Plus, by the time your SoD procs, you have your Dazing strike back. Just a thought.

BTW, I like how we are throwing ideas back and forth to help improve ourselves in PVE.
    She Looked Lvl 18

Here is my Blog
  • Options
    hell5gatehell5gate Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    Can someone link the actual build. I can't see it when I hit the link on his billboard on the next page.
    Also, with the enchants, which do you go for? Critical or power?
  • Options
    Here you go https://nwohackandslash.wordpress.com/lilia-drakons-big-burst-damage-pve-build/

As for the power vs crit, at BIS I like to get my crit to 85%-90% and stack power as high as it'll go. I'm going to change this in my build a bit, but if you aren't there, yet, I'd shoot for a ratio of about 2:1 power to crit, (as @micky1p00 suggests). ;)
    She Looked Lvl 18

Here is my Blog
  • Options
    hell5gatehell5gate Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    null
    Thanks. Been trying to figure that one out. As for Dying breath, how long does it last? If having to choose it or back alley tactics, which is better?
  • Options
    hell5gate said:

null

Thanks. Been trying to figure that one out. As for Dying breath, how long does it last? If having to choose it or back alley tactics, which is better?

Back Alley Tactics is way better, IMO. It's hard to beat a 25% damage buff.

She Looked Lvl 18

Here is my Blog
  • Options
    raymond00713raymond00713 Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    Lol @llobuastur .. what would you suggest be changed? I think it's awesome btw
  • Options

Here you go https://nwohackandslash.wordpress.com/lilia-drakons-big-burst-damage-pve-build/

As for the power vs crit, at BIS I like to get my crit to 85%-90% and stack power as high as it'll go. I'm going to change this in my build a bit, but if you aren't there, yet, I'd shoot for a ratio of about 2:1 power to crit, (as @micky1p00 suggests). ;)

poor build
    Hey, if you have a suggestion @llobuastur, put it out here. I'm not above admitting when I'm wrong about something, and the build, (as all builds should), will change as we discover new things, fine tune it, powers get changed, etc. But, if you are going to criticize it, which I am totally fine with, offer something constructive. Just saying "poor build" neither furthers the discussion or offers anything of value.
    She Looked Lvl 18

Here is my Blog
  • Options
    micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User

Their feat are bad .. anyone who has been in the game for more than 3 years will know why. The arrangement is shadow demise or it works with everything or that we change it to us of more weapon damage and more damage in atwill. Minor cooldows and if a rookie dies for a executioner in pwe who takes tenacity and learn to dodge it. I did several times several guides to fight tr in 3 hours were seen more than 800 people but some clever I reported. Because it showed that if you know how you can defeat a tr or that it is difficult to kill you. I taught my guild not to die from the shadow demise I trained them in icewind. In fact, a colleague, a magician, said that we were easy prey thanks to what he taught them. The problem is that the two most crying classes of the game gwf and hr always attack us by pvp. And above the saboteur or morethar always criticize us. Morethar I would like to teach you as a tr pwe veteran killea to your whisper and I do not need a shoking. that's the problem

There are 1mil USD prize to solving some tough problems, here:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millennium_Prize_Problems

IMHO, understanding your post\s should be added there.
    Also saying "Anyone.... know why" Is not an answer to "Why?". It's smart-assing, and/or showing the emptiness behind the claims.

Here, some reading material:
    http://www.wikihow.com/Criticize-Constructively
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    @llobuastur from what i saw u speak about a pvp build while the build u said was poor is pve build. Also we have more chances to understand u if u write in your main language bcs google translate is not making things easier. The build is good, i believe most of us here use it with minor differences.
    Post edited by blur#5900 on
  • Options
    caveckcaveck Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    The one thing I would have to disagree with, like someone already commented about it is - shadow born. And that may just be because of the way I use my stealth and rotation. When I'm fighting a boss, my rotation is from the start is- SB > LA > start duelist flurry, stealth in flurry animation to proc SoD but late enough to where there is still stealth left to squeeze in a LB right before SoD ends, DF- again using stealth late enough to have some left over to use DS in stealth to start SoD right after the previous one ends. Using LA when available in the middle of that. reason I would not use shadow born is because when I use stealth its usually when I'm in the middle of duelist flurry. Which wouldn't be as beneficial in the long run as dying breath is when clearing adds throughout the dungeon. For my aoe, dying breath makes things, well.. Melt. Aoe rotation - whirling blade, smokebomb, dazing that generally kills whatever it hits to start dying breath, and blade furry the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out of everything with whirling blades power buff and dying breaths +25% crit severity. That's just my playstyle though. No hate on your build!
  • Options
    rustlordrustlord Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    caveck said:

The one thing I would have to disagree with, like someone already commented about it is - shadow born. And that may just be because of the way I use my stealth and rotation. When I'm fighting a boss, my rotation is from the start is- SB > LA > start duelist flurry, stealth in flurry animation to proc SoD but late enough to where there is still stealth left to squeeze in a LB right before SoD ends, DF- again using stealth late enough to have some left over to use DS in stealth to start SoD right after the previous one ends. Using LA when available in the middle of that. reason I would not use shadow born is because when I use stealth its usually when I'm in the middle of duelist flurry. Which wouldn't be as beneficial in the long run as dying breath is when clearing adds throughout the dungeon. For my aoe, dying breath makes things, well.. Melt. Aoe rotation - whirling blade, smokebomb, dazing that generally kills whatever it hits to start dying breath, and blade furry the HAMSTER out of everything with whirling blades power buff and dying breaths +25% crit severity. That's just my playstyle though. No hate on your build!

Hi fellas, I used this build starting out mod 10 for PvE and it was amazing. Just to make a friendly counterstatement regarding Shadowborn here, I think Whirlwind's ability to retain the buff (or a portion of) Shadowborn is integral to making it all work. I didn't know that pre-mod 8 (I was on break the whole 8 and 9) but like any interactions, Shadowborn+Whirlwind is a core component to this build. On the flipside, @caveck plays more like I do, stealthing right at the end of a DF to get a chance to fire off a trailing encounter in Stealth, and Blade Flurry for trash cleaning. However, I just didn't feel BF is worth it without Lurkers (another cool interaction my friends and I discovered a few mods back).

That said, I do have questions -

Does Whirlwind preserve the original buff from Shadowborn (I'm sorry I read the whole build but either I missed the part that clarified this or I'm totally confused) because when I do it, it seems like it doesnt;

Say, base 50k
    Add Shadowborn 50k (net 100k)
    Whirlwind hits 3, +60k (net 160k)

Does firing off Whirlwind consume the 50k Shadowborn setting the final to 110k, or retain it for the whole duration at 160k? I can't prove the latter.

One minor issue I noticed as well is the uptime. Considering the number of enemies present at any given time, my AP bar and the type of enemies, I find that I couldn't maintain the max buff from WW. However, with really fast AP gain having Flail Snail, Sigil, Tactics, what I can do is fire WW right as the first one ends, 2~3 times max. It extends the buff and adds to it exponentially. My question is have you tried this, and is it worth investing more into AP gain if it means being able to stack WW consistently?

All in all great build for PvE. Hoping to get to try it again soon.