Install Arc
Options

Fixed Damage Weapons:

2»

Comments

• Options
    rinat114rinat114 Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    I forgot to get the goddamn sword, I got some things to retest since you told me about the fixed range. Also lawd the Yeti doesn't even work?! Gotta see for myself, it seemed to work find in Mod 5, haven't touched my shortbus pet since. +1 to the idea, please bring more of those to the game, it'll help us theorycrafters a lot. Last time I checked WD provided less damage than stated actually, I'll check again with the fixed weps it might give me a clearer damage.
  • Options
    michela123michela123 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    I win! Try again.
  • Options
    blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 424 Arc User
    Absolutely agree - and since they already exist, why not make them available?
  • Options
    mystoclesmystocles Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    +1 yes we need this for HRs PLZ
  • Options
    rapo973rapo973 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 831 Arc User
    The idea have to be supported and satisfied.
    There's no contraindication for it.

Oltreverso guild leader
    Maga Othelma - DC | Svalvolo - SW | Dente Avvelenato- GWF
  • Options
    silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User

Sharpedge has probably done more for testing and reverse engineering how this game works mathematically than just about anyone (Kaelac maybe?) I'm aware of. Not only that but he compiles all his data and freely shares it with anyone who is interested.

Agreed. Sharpedge is an example of someone that tests and shares his results. I really wish Kaelac was still around; he was a great asset to us as well.

Give him what he needs to keep us all informed and giving you (the devs) real-world info. He's like a free member of your team anyway. Hook him up :)

I aim to misbehave
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    A commitment to making Neverwinter better includes providing access to tools like these.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    silence1x said:

Agreed. Sharpedge is an example of someone that tests and shares his results. I really wish Kaelac was still around; he was a great asset to us as well.

Give him what he needs to keep us all informed and giving you (the devs) real-world info. He's like a free member of your team anyway. Hook him up :)

Ideally, let's hook him up before the next big class balance hits.

I know historically class balance updates have been hard, and so understandably initially came with some bugs (and sometimes permanently haha, couldn't help myself). I also know that the community helped submit bug reports to iron out issues, and I imagine that many are helpful.

If you give us the tools we need to test things properly, we'll be able to be much more helpful when we submit bug reports. We'll be able to provide more detailed information, especially with regards to interactions (and we know that's where a lot of the issues come up). This stuff is hard to test, and you have an eager volunteer workforce. Equip us please!
  • Options
    bvirabvira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 385 Arc User
    +++++ would help a lot!!!
  • Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    Even if it comes down to putting them in the zen store for some ridiculous amount like 20k zen, do it. I would pay that much for them.
  • Options
    nightranger7477nightranger7477 Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    No Sharpedge they should be paying you 20k zen and give them to you gift wrapped, small compensation for all you have done for our community, thanks again for all you do. Devs @panderus @mimicking#6533 lets make this happen it would really go a long way to showing the community goodwill and give those who are truly trying to make this game better the tools they need to do so. As someone already said help us help you.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    @panderus or @terramak both of you have been so active recently, any chance you could weigh in with a yay or nay on this at least? Or a "We're going to give this some thought (tm)"?

We were told that it shouldn't be a lot of effort to make them available in-game, if that's true this would be a really nice gesture to some of your most dedicated and engaged players.

@kreatyve @zebular @ironzerg79 I hear ya'll have ways of whispering ideas into ears that listen. Could you weigh in here on whether you are behind making these available? If you agree, perhaps you could whisper your magic whispers?
  • Options
    masterogamasteroga Member Posts: 474 Arc User
    There are other games that give complex data you can toggle on (starts as basic data. ...pretty much like most of the tool tips in this game). The game shouldn't require special testing. ....things should be clear and precise.
  • Options
    niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Make some transmutable weapons fixed damage weapons and be done with this. Those that want usable test weapons will have what they want...those that don't care can have a new transmute.
  • Options
    rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    +
    I support, so testing becomes easier.

• Options
    voidgiftvoidgift Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 286 Arc User
    +
    We got this for two classes, add it for the rest. Even tho I only need it for my CW, I don't understand why not all classes have access to it.
    With dreams to be a king, first one should be a man.

Rise to POWER with <House of Power>.

The Exterminator - (NW-DLNXF3BGG)
  • Options
    voidgift said:

+

We got this for two classes, add it for the rest. Even tho I only need it for my CW, I don't understand why not all classes have access to it.

Because the two classes that have access to such a thing are by accident, not by design.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    btairbornebtairborne Member Posts: 352 Arc User

Having these weapons would go a long way to showing us as players support. They already exist and would take under 10 minutes to implement in a patch. Not giving them to us, isn't due to a lack of resources, it would purely be because they don't want us to have them.

Which is a normal thing. What makes you think they want everything about their combat system absolutely quantified by their customers?
    A subset of players always use this kind of information to secretly find and share bugged abilities with their buddies at which point they will then take their knowledge to exploit it to the utmost. At some point the Devs may realize it through data mining, an actual honest bug report, or a loose tongue on the forums and take action to correct it. When it is discovered a cry from the masses will ensue about the fairness of letting those that knew about the bugs get away unpunished (and with all their loot).

So basically this is like opening Pandora's Box for them.

• Options
    tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    Sounds like a fairly easy way to assist the players that invest tons of energy to help make the game better.
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • Options

Which is a normal thing. What makes you think they want everything about their combat system absolutely quantified by their customers?

Considering every normal game out there just provides a manual containing all valid and correct information you need to make proper in-game choices.. You see where I'm going with this?

But your point isn't lost on me. It's probably the reason this thread has existed for a month without any reply from someone in charge and why these weapons probably won't be released. This'll just be another useful thread dieing a slow and quiet death.

Quality testers like Fab are very likely to find errors and bugs that Cryptic is not able/ready to fix. As long as the testers are all like Fab, that would merely make Cryptic look bad if their bug track record could look any worse at all. But in the skilled hands of people trying to abuse these "flaws" it would probably ruin PvP more than the Roar bug did for 4 months before they finally decided to fix it. And the Roar bug was an easy one to fix. Now imagine someone toying around with the hopelessly bugged complexity with which the GWF gains his powers and extra stats and finding something useful.. Cryptic would have to hire Fab to actually find the abuse in the first place, let alone fix it.
    Not having fixed damage weapons isn't preventing anything game breaking from being discovered. Anything game breaking, deviates so much from the norm that you will discover it regardless of whether or not you have those. Think about the orcus set or stacking dcs....effects like that are so off from the norm, that you can spot them because of how out of whack they are. What fixed damage weapon do allow us to do though, is refine our feedback on bugs that we discover, to better report them, as well as test very small things that you would not normally be able to check due to random variance from weapon damage.

Anything on GWF can be tested anyhow...they already have their fixed damage range weapon. The same is true for TR.
  • Options
    btairbornebtairborne Member Posts: 352 Arc User
    How are those fixed damage weapons obtained @thefabricant ?
  • Options

How are those fixed damage weapons obtained @thefabricant ?

The Crystal Daggers are a legacy item not obtainable on PS4 that is maybe obtainable on xbox 1. It dropped in epic dread vault. The ruined avatar of war greatsword drops in CN.
  • Options

Sounds like a fairly easy way to assist the players that invest tons of energy to help make the game better.

Thank you for having the decency to weigh in here (and courage it seems? no other mods have showed support).

The devs' continued silence on this topic is upsetting :(
  • Options
    tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    dupeks said:

Thank you for having the decency to weigh in here (and courage it seems? no other mods have showed support).

I'm pretty sure you would find support for this from the other mods. We have a list of things to bring up with Strumslinger when he's back from vacation. I'll add it to the list. That won't work magic but at least it will create additional visibility within PWE.

Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • Options
    polaris1986polaris1986 Member Posts: 320 Arc User
    please add Healing/Tanking Dummy. and allied dummy...

i mean i would to test my Healing spells and Tanking Wall that will damage you with permonent damage.
    Also need a friendly dummy with clean states, just to look my other buffs on it.

PLEASE, PLEASE, pLEASE.

"sometimes the world doesn't need another hero, sometimes what it needs is a monster"

• Options
    edited October 2016

dupeks said:

I'm pretty sure you would find support for this from the other mods. We have a list of things to bring up with Strumslinger when he's back from vacation. I'll add it to the list. That won't work magic but at least it will create additional visibility within PWE.

That would be really cool. Maybe the other mods can find it in their hearts to weigh in here?

This topic has been around for quite some time (before Andy's vacay, before you were a mod) and I @-pinged the other moderators I knew of to see if they would share their thoughts (see a few posts up). You've been the only one brave enough to post here.

Coupled with @amenar's original statement that suggested this would be an easy update to roll out, to me this indicates that there's probably some internal pushback to the idea of releasing fixed damage weapons to the players (either from the devs directly or from the mods not wanting to communicate it to the devs). I hope and pray that it ain't so, but the evidence so far doesn't leave much room for optimism.
  • Options

Hey Trips, have you heard anything down the grapevine regarding this?

I realize this is probably the type of thing that folks up top want to sweep under the rug, but I think your point is as valid as ever.

#inB4theNecroDeadline
  • Options
    If anyone keeping an eye on this thread is motivated to test if Doohickey damage is affected by buffs, that would be cool. The Doohickey does a fixed amount of damage which does scale up by level/power stat, and it can crit, but that's as much as I know off the top of my head.

If nobody else gets around to it, I probably will eventually.

Neverwinter Census 2017

This discussion has been closed.