What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] Combating Gold Spammers

12346»

Comments

• scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    Thank you so much! very very much :)
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    That is awesome. Thank you so much!
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • landgin#9540 landgin Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    As a old pc player and a new PS4 player, I'd say cryptic really damaged new players. No using the ah till 40 and pretty much making the escollard/dragonbone weapons much less useful.

Knee jerk reactions are the worst. Also removing the swordcoast app was both silly and a foolish idea. You should have just bound everything to account.
  • sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    I have been happy with lower exposure to gold spammers from a combination of some attempts to make things harder for the gold spammers to operate and adjusting my own play by basically avoiding PE at almost every cost. Between the guild hall and Port Nyanzaru, there is almost no reason to return to PE. Right now, I think the only reason I have to go to PE is for my free daily dungeon key and an occasional quest and the events.

Would it make sense to add a few of these NPC's in Port Nyanzaru to further minimize the potential interaction with gold spammers? If you read and consider this, I think the port could due with a guild bank as well, it seems to have 3 personal banks only and no guild bank...
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies
  • akanaroakanaro Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    Why not simply remove person to person AD trade completely or limit the amount per day you can give to another player? We have an AH for large sales so I see no reason why you can't just limit this. I mean we can't even send AD to our alts without using the exchange and yet you can hand over millions of AD to someone else? So yeah, impose a daily limit and you'll never see another gold seller again.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    If you have found some way to transfer AD directly to another account without using the AH, report it to the Devs. There is no legitimate way of doing that, AFAIK.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    pitshade said:

If you have found some way to transfer AD directly to another account without using the AH, report it to the Devs. There is no legitimate way of doing that, AFAIK.

What he/she said. There is no way to transfer AD to another person. People might trade multiple ITEMS for an expensive item but you can not trade AD at all.
  • akanaroakanaro Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    pitshade said:

Yeah, when I was posting that I did not realize people use the AH to move illegally bought AD. My guild mates corrected me. Lol.
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    Hey I his foundry race events where the winner gets 1000 zen, I want a direct zen trade option
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • deathkknight19#7693 deathkknight19 Member Posts: 1 New User
    this system literally sucks cant say anything in game at all trying to communicate with someone who is trying to help me understand the game and hep me and i cant your system <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> SUCKS THINK OF SOMETHING ELSE YOUR SYSTEM <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> SUCKS MONKEY <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>
  • kyosjikenjikyosjikenji Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    The amount of restrictions on the players in this game is insane. I've been doing nothing but quests for the last 2 days, hit level 20, and it seems like I'm still barely half way to being able to chat and sell on the auction house. How are any new players supposed to get help or make any money starting off? From what I've been seeing, it seems like the minimum level to start being able to use these functions is level 34-37, which is just dumb. To top it off, you can't just go to the forums to ask questions, as there's yet another ridiculous lock on players from chatting here. I can't even create a new thread to ask questions or post concerns. I only have the ability to hijack other threads and speak what I need. This is insane, and with the bugginess of the zen market not giving me the items I bought, I'm seriously on the fence if this is even a game worth continuing in. I mean, I'm having fun, but it feels like with the lack of GMs and the absurd restrictions, even after spending money, we are more like mindless cattle than players.

Sorry for necroing an old post, but ffs, I had no choice cause I can't create a damn thread.
  • devilmon#1642 devilmon Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    hello with respect to the quests above I do not have to do it because I have arrived earlier than expected at level 70 and no longer give me the missions that I need to unlock the business and general chat, somebody has the idea that I can do in this case I would not like to have to start over
  • ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 452 Arc User

hello with respect to the quests above I do not have to do it because I have arrived earlier than expected at level 70 and no longer give me the missions that I need to unlock the business and general chat, somebody has the idea that I can do in this case I would not like to have to start over

Have you tried switching "show low level quest givers" on? I can't recall where exactly it is in the game options but it's in there somewhere.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • yberioth#7595 yberioth Member Posts: 1 New User
    I've been trying to solve those quest chains, and now, at level 48, it forces me to hours over hours, on searching for which quests i might have left out.
    Could someone point out, how to see them in game, as a Quest-chain? couse i simply can't find the missing ones anymore, and it became extremely frustrating to constantly farm old regions over and over, in hopes of somehow unlocking it.
  • juan#5043 juan Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    You just have to complete the basic campaigns until neverdeath, there are all the included chains, and you can enter in auction, trade etc, etc
This discussion has been closed.