test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

gateway down????

Comments

• jamesbond007#6020 jamesbond007 Member Posts: 32 Arc User

• cajozenfincajozenfin Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I would really like to know what the percentage of craft processing has dropped to. I personally will not spend the time to work on it when I have dailies and weeklies to do. Personally as a new player to the game the gateway is what attracted me and now it's just another game like GW2 and so on.
  • fdsakhfduewhfiuffdsakhfduewhfiuf Member Posts: 604 Arc User
    Bye, bye Gateway. It's official now. The German website has published the decision. The Gateway will not come back.
  • fjdkslsfjdksls Member Posts: 36 Arc User

Bye, bye Gateway. It's official now. The German website has published the decision. The Gateway will not come back.

Got a link?
  • kungomaximokungomaximo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    http://www.arcgames.com/de/games/neverwinter/news/detail/10161562-das-gateway-wird-eingestellt

well, in german.

It seems they'll give us a mini gond apparatus companion as compensation
  • tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    I dont have the German one, but here is the Italian: http://www.arcgames.com/it/games/PAB_nw/news/detail/10161583

Edit - German Post: http://www.arcgames.com/de/games/neverwinter/news/detail/10161562-das-gateway-wird-eingestellt
    French Post: http://www.arcgames.com/fr/games/neverwinter/news/detail/10161573-fermeture-du-gateway

(Devs can we please have the English post? Google translate is good and all, but I'd like my browser to not randomly switch languages on me)

Also: The lag in game has only gotten worse since the Gateway came down. @panderus - It's very clear the gold sellers have moved in game to bot professions which is causing even more lag, you sure you want to take down the Gateway? I feel like its actually the lesser of two evils leaving it up...
  • vityarivityari Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Read the German announcement just now. So they officially admit being ultimately defeated by bots and cheats (whatever this may mean), saying that the company resources will be relocated to generating game content (but SCA was also not the least part of it) and offering a free Gond mount to all who used the GW recently (without being specific as to what "recently" means - a week before September 2, a month, or how long.) No incentives to fresh players who decide to join despite such uncheerful news, never being able to use the GW at all. So we wait for major changes in prices and economy... old players with already maxed professions will get all the advantage, it will hardly be possible to achieve anything in this field from scratch within a reasonable time...
  • rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    Google translation:

Greetings, adventurer!

Unfortunately, we have to announce that the gateway of Neverwinter is set. This decision is not easy for us.

The reason for this decision is that the current Gateway site is extremely vulnerable to various aggressive Botting activities. We have tried several times to put the Botting an end, which then respectively a time Remedy managed until the Botter had found a new way, the gateway to abuse for their own purposes. These incidents have not only affect the gateway but also on the performance of Neverwinter itself.

The constant struggle against these activities requires a large amount of resources that we would prefer to use for the creation of game content for Neverwinter.

We are all grateful to you for your participation in the Gateway and the adventures of the Sword Coast and would not leave you empty handed. Therefore, we are planning the next week to all players who have used lately the gateway to send a mini apparatus of Gond about the post.
  • rinat114rinat114 Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    Farewell Gateway, what a terrible mistake. Bots are now automating the professions ingame. Congratulations, you've made things worse.
  • panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer

I dont have the German one, but here is the Italian: http://www.arcgames.com/it/games/PAB_nw/news/detail/10161583

Also: The lag in game has only gotten worse since the Gateway came down. @panderus - It's very clear the gold sellers have moved in game to bot professions which is causing even more lag, you sure you want to take down the Gateway? I feel like its actually the lesser of two evils leaving it up...

We don't believe the gold sellers MOVED to Gateway. One of the items mentioned is that these sorts of bursts in activity have always happened to Gateway and we have made a number of attempts to try and restrict that sort of behavior without risking affecting real players.

Also @vityari, it is a Mini Gond Apparatus companion, similar to the toy consumable item from the Gond event.
  • fjdkslsfjdksls Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    panderus said:

We don't believe the gold sellers MOVED to Gateway. One of the items mentioned is that these sorts of bursts in activity have always happened to Gateway and we have made a number of attempts to try and restrict that sort of behavior without risking affecting real players.

Also @vityari, it is a Mini Gond Apparatus companion, similar to the toy consumable item from the Gond event.
    Can you quantify "recently"? Will all toons on an account get it, or only those that were using professions? What about those who didn't do professions but did do SCA?
    rapticor said:

Google translation:

the gateway of Neverwinter is set.

not bad for a Google translate, but "einstellen" means here to stop, to cease, not "set", so "the gateway of Neverwinter will be terminated, deactivated, etc". Finita la commedia, that is...
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Can't say I'm surprised, but to all those that will come and say it's a necessity. It's not. It's the usual cheap way out from Cryptic. You can't tell me there was literally no way to save the Gateway by deactivating or redesigning problematic functions.

This is a major blow to the game in multiple areas and I hope it shows in the future. At some point these decisions have to have consequences...
  • eastwardeastward Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    If this is true, then that is the last time I purchase ZEN within the game. I came back because of the gateway. When they remove my reason I remove my $. Thanks.
  • playersnoopyplayersnoopy Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    Only took 3 years of beta testing gateway to come to this... gg :)
    edited September 2016
    Just by way of comparison, in Firefall, another MMO (a shooter) the devs at some stage disabled crafting at all (it was quite fun) promising to put it back in place in the future after a revamp and redesign. This situation persisted for several months and may be so still (haven't checked the news there for quite a while now). Many quit because of this. So I just hope this will not be some beginning of a similar NW's demise.
  • b44#1056 b44 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    You have to remove only the professions, and leaves the rest of the contents of the gateway
  • sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User
    panderus said:

Well all the bots that were using gateway are now in game (and if you think they weren't in gateway, then you are blind, deaf and dumb) - the lag since you have taken down Gateway has gotten worse - it is continuing to get worse. I don't see how you and the rest of the devs cannot see this? What would take 1 second to load, is taking 6. You are going to kill your own game by shutting off gateway, and I don't see how you don't make that connection.
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    I can confirm this as well. Rubberbanding is getting worse these days and probably we can also prepare for some angry DDoS over the weekend. This is what you get for fighting symptoms and never do solutions.
  • istarinistarin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 20 Arc User
    So those of us who upgraded multiple companions to orange to do SCA are getting refunds right?
  • agilestoagilesto Member Posts: 516 Arc User
    So, one of the best exclusive NW feature is now down. Bots moved to live server, that increases lag for players who now have to be Ingame to do these boring and almost useless grind for the professions. We can't play SCA anymore, that was a fantastic feature, and players now can't earn loyal gear and the special pet.
    This is really one of the worse news ever, i would say very good job
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    Dissappointed and angry, but not completely surprised. No point wasting resources for something only that only effects one platform.

I expect, that this is also how the foundry will go. Quietly, without notice or word. With only official confirmation coming may days later and in some other language.
    b44#1056 said:

You have to remove only the professions, and leaves the rest of the contents of the gateway

The AH interface on the GW was way way better than in-game. Anyway, is there a petition somewhere to let the SCA live on in any way possible? :) I would sign, as many more sure will. BTW, in Rift Online there's a sort of mini-game with companions yielding loot, though not challenging or witty as SCA were. Can SCA also be implemented in-game as a way out?
  • andorrabellandorrabell Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 437 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Wow, nice slapintheface by publishing this in other languages and still waiting on it in English, and some crappy green companion ? Really? Where is the information on where companion gear and the thief are going? Can't we even keep the ability to see our gear and bag stuff at least? :(:(

Sad use of my ability to read German.

We realize the end result of this is prices go up, bots bot in game, the game slows down, and real players make less AD versus those bots, wouldn't this increase gold selling?
  • purpenflurb#7068 purpenflurb Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    This is the first post I've made to these forums, and I have to say, I am extremely disappointed to hear about this. I am disappointed, more than anything else, because it means I will never get to try sword coast adventures. The gateway and sword coast adventures were advertised to me in-game when I was starting, but I started playing right after the gateway was evidently taken down (a couple of weeks ago).

I feel like I, along with others who never got the chance to use the gateway, deserve some sort of compensation as well, for the removal of a feature that the game told us we would have access to.

I was actually considering buying some zen for the first time today, but after hearing this, I am no longer sure if I want to.
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    This is the only Game that remove things instead of add New things. Soon few classes Will Be removed xD
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor

We realize the end result of this is prices go up

For SCA items, they sure do! Right now several more Lightfoot Thieves appeared on the AH, their price increases, the classic of the stock exchange flurry begins...

• rifter1969rifter1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 516 Arc User
    -slow clap-

Well done. Well done indeed.

Like someone else said.. what about the companion only gear? the shepherd companion? the lightfoot thief?

This is just sad.
  • fdsakhfduewhfiuffdsakhfduewhfiuf Member Posts: 604 Arc User
    panderus said:

I also have a task to follow up on what to do with the things like the companion only gear, Lightfoot Thief and the companion we internally called 'Tank-dog' that will likely not include the Zen Market. Though I think the dog is in the Zen Market on Xbox since we knew we couldn't launch with Gateway.

There is a chance the companion gear and companions will be put into the game... somehow... someday.

This discussion has been closed.