Install Arc

Official Feedback Thread: Hunter Ranger changes

Comments

• whitestaruawhitestarua Member Posts: 175 Arc User
    @krondhor leave piercing alone...

i don't saw nothing OP in 1v1 pvp 4k HR vs 4k AnyOtherPvpPlayer
  • krondhorkrondhor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited August 2016

Piercing is piercing so it should pierce so should i just quote my sugestion on that so i get it to be read more often? Because i disagree with how you propose it to work. And abou aspect of the falcon it has already been changed to that.

Beside this you"re quoting sugestions that were given since the begining of this thread 19000000 times, boar charge was spoken of at least 10 times, next time you want to do something similar to this mention that you are suming the chages you think should be touched in the game that other people have brought up without specifying anyone.

Start learn to read first of all, I didn´t said anything about AotF to be changed, I used it as example since it brought me up an idea how to change Battlehoned with what I suggested as next.
    What I did was pump up all the good things ppl said, quoting them and gave them full credit, so next time read closely, before speak for nothing.
    GRAVITY X GAME
  • masterclown61masterclown61 Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    Well, dear Developers,

Today, I played one of my Guardian Fighters for the first time. He had 2560 Power stat and a level 61 rare weapon in his hand.
    His unbuffed at-wills were showing 2000 to 2500 damage and with buffs from conqueror capstone and Into the Fray, they were like 4000. Not talking about them being able to mark anybody they want, defend themselves with shield and 1 shot mobs with only 1 encounter. Seriously sometimes I don't even have to use mark of Weapon Master's Strike for debuffs to one shot mobs. Ohh ohh not to mention that they can get a flat %10 damage buff (without feat buffs) for 15 seconds when they are hit, yet we as Hunter Rangers have to stand behind mobs to get our damage bonus, or try to give damage to multiple mobs with most of powers not even working with them. I also saw that many classes in this game has Buffs to their encounters and Dailies(besides paragon feats) in their feat trees, yet I can't see one for my puny HR. Ohh ohh, again without buff and with a level 61 weapon and only 2.500 power stat, they have more damage in their encounter slots. My ridicolous HR has only 7k damage at his Constricting Arrow with 17k Power and that noob GF has more at his Lunging Strike. The only thing GF lacked was an AoE power, yet the dailies and Weapon Master's Strike close the gap reaaaaaaallly good.

I wish I didn't play that GF today, cuz now I have no respect for my Hunter Ranger. Tyvm.
  • krondhorkrondhor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited August 2016

krondhor said:

Piercing is piercing so it should pierce so should i just quote my sugestion on that so i get it to be read more often? Because i disagree with how you propose it to work. And abou aspect of the falcon it has already been changed to that.

Beside this you"re quoting sugestions that were given since the begining of this thread 19000000 times, boar charge was spoken of at least 10 times, next time you want to do something similar to this mention that you are suming the chages you think should be touched in the game that other people have brought up without specifying anyone.

Start learn to read first of all, I didn´t said anything about AotF to be changed, I used it as example since it brought me up an idea how to change Battlehoned with what I suggested as next.
    What I did was pump up all the good things ppl said, quoting them and gave them full credit, so next time read closely, before speak for nothing.
    Oh nice you gave them full credit for things other people said before them, that seems very similar to media today, nice work. (sarcasm) so maybe you should be the one to read if you want to give full credit to someone then i dont disagree as long as you read all the posts behind and find out who originally mentioned it and give full credit to that person.

And dont flatter yourself my written english is close to garbage but "having a idea coming up from" is not one most used terms i ever heard put how you did.
    And aspect of the spider? Do you find befitting a pathfinder: "I can find us a path through the maze of horror, and I can safely lead us to the other side." having a rework with aditional damage on close range inteded while all pathfinder needs is a decent at-will?
    I quoted the original owners who submitted the bug as first poster, so the credit is at right place, I don´t need give credz for other ppl repeating the same concept using different words.
    Second I didn´t commented your english as being good or bad, mine isn't any better since its not my primary language, I told, you haven't readed what I said, since it's clear that you missunderstood completly what I wrote telling me that I was talking about AotF to be changed to what is it already (funny); and me bringing up a suggestion how to change Battlehoned to something better (as it is utterly useless atm) working similar way as AotF (that helps ranged combat) Aspect of the Spider could do the same but this time helping melee combat, it helps to obtain diversification building wise, but seems all too complicated for you to understand.
    If you like or not my suggestion is irrilevant, I still bring up ideas, rather spend my time in blame and moan others, as we had enough of those here already.

GRAVITY X GAME
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    Seeing the dead silence, I guess they're done with class balance. Even with all the time left. Pretty disappointing.
  • lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    ghoulz66 said:

Seeing the dead silence, I guess they're done with class balance. Even with all the time left. Pretty disappointing.

My guess is the devs are doing internal testing to see how PB performs and interacts with other powers and buffs etc. Hopefully @amenar will provide an update soon.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    I'm holding out some hope that they implement @ralexinor's suggestion for changes to PB to make it work in both pvp and pve. Otherwise, we're left with an archery tree that almost works in pve, two trees that don't work in pvp and a combat tree that's useless in pve but a no-skill joke like GF or TR in pvp.

The answer to this was always large increases in base damage and small changes to the buff feats and powers, together with re-doing a few animations to make them useful in pvp.
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited August 2016

I'm holding out some hope that they implement @ralexinor's suggestion for changes to PB to make it work in both pvp and pve. Otherwise, we're left with an archery tree that almost works in pve, two trees that don't work in pvp and a combat tree that's useless in pve but a no-skill joke like GF or TR in pvp.

The answer to this was always large increases in base damage and small changes to the buff feats and powers, together with re-doing a few animations to make them useful in pvp.

All that's going to happen is that people are going to cry, and continue to cry until they buckle under the pressure and end up nerfing combat back into a state it found itself in multiple modules back!

Combat doesn't need piercing damage, no class does. What combat is lacking is a capstone that's unfriendly for pvp, and several powers with incredibly laughable damage, and no speed buff, if it even needs it with a regen feat.

18k bull charge, vs a 4k boar charge(which wasn't fixed yet!). It's not rocket science.

@amenar And flurry not activating UNTIL you use your at-will. Pretty much solves all the problems with flurry activating too early with many powers, and benefits pvp. It's already coded in a similar way the OP's light capstone functions. Trigger buff by X means, and gain a charge, and consume charge and activate effect by X means.

There shouldn't be such a thing as a pvp path. Why not give other classes a pvp path with piercing damage? Because it's ridiculous for one thing.

We all know TR's SE is going to get hammered sooner or later. But we have crybabies that won't let it go. All SE needs is a massive non-piercing DPS boost for every % of health missing from a player. It'll make SE work for pvp and pve.
  • jhpnwjhpnw Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 611 Arc User
    I think that new mod take precedence over all and if no patch notes for tomorrow we are considered balanced for now. some of the other areas feel dev are done per hints they got from dev
  • flowcytoflowcyto Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 196 Arc User

rayrdan said:

flowcyto said:

I dunno, my Trapper is still bulldozing on the shard as he is on live *shrug*.

I mean, not to say I support nerfs to the Trapper (I generally don't), but it'd take multiple drastic changes to make it not viable, imo. I don't think its healthy to catastrophize, but I do want the shard to be updated soon. HRs are in a precarious state there atm, and if it were to go live as is it wouldn't be grand. It sucks not being able to test many of the significant changes yet :/

I guess we should also clarify what we mean by boosting 'base' damage, since according to the devs, apparently 'base' means some sort of early/additive layer and not a final dmg boost (ex. 67% base buff to various attacks only translating to a <10% final dmg boost). I consider that a bit odd, since in other games 'base dmg' often translates to a total dmg boost (10% more 'base' = 10% more dmg, before resists are considered).</p>

thats another thing i cant understand. Math is math but they seems to apply some strange rule. A 67% base damage boost should traslate in AT LEAST a 67% more damage from that single skill which should still be the same regardless the gear of the player since power buff is just a multiplicative factor.
    ^^^^^
    I have seen this several times.. how does this make any sense.. isnt a 67% damage boost just apply linearly or do the code it so once it its a certain bonus range on your tooltip it starts going down.. so the stronger you get individually on stats, the weaker the encounter will buff itself?

That seems like pretty complex coding to do. So can someone explain to me how they could actually do this.

Because this make no sense at all. I understand the need to put in damage caps.. (heck ive been calling for some sort of GF damage cap for high end for months, I didnt really want to see a massive rework of that class, just remove some of the craziness of the 18 million hits and stuff)

It sounds like the usual Cryptic Math (tm). They probably use multiple layers for the dmg formula (not counting resists). I don't know what the theorycraft is like here, but in Champions Online the lowest (here 'base') layer has a built-in diminished return, such that a 50% listed dmg boost in that layer only amounts to a ~5-10% final dmg boost w/ good gear at high level. We usually call that earliest layer the 'damage strength' or the 'passive dmg' layer to distinguish it, since in that game 'base dmg' does actually mean it affects all dmg modifiers (so 10% base = 10% more dmg total there).

In NW, that early layer may not have a built-in DR (in CO its deliberately imposed), but I assume when they mean 'base dmg boost' that they aren't also multiplying it into weapon dmg or Power's effects, as that could explain why 'base dmg' gets dwarfed once ya get good gear/stats. It will mean that lowbie HRs will be hitting much harder w/ those powers, so yay I guess? :p
  • bvirabvira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 385 Arc User
    Swiftness procs with at-will now? I guess you guys really do hate to see people playing combat/archery.
  • genjundeadgenjundead Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    this is completely off topic but @amenar i would like to address the fact that we can no longer get the full dusk set anymore. as i was looking in the zen store for the footwear and it was no were to be seen.
This discussion has been closed.