test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Great Reclaim (Items that should be reclaimable, yet are not).

zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
edited April 2016 in Player Feedback (PC)
Please reply here with your suggestion, appeal, or report for a fix on any special game items which should be or have been reclaimable, yet currently are not reclaimable through the Reward Claims Agent. The intent of this thread is to bring to light the numerous items that are permanently lost to a character/account if they accidentally delete or somehow loose the item. For instance, while the Cloaks of the Plague Tower are nice items and it is a shame to loose one, they can be earned again simply by running the leveling version of the quest again.

Please be as specific as possible, using the Full Item Name and if possible, link to it's listing on The Neverwinter Wiki. We'll get a "master" list going to submit to the Devs.

As this thread will be sent directly to Developers for review, please also feel free to state why you wish such items to be reclaimable. Thanks!

Note: Text in Hunter Green is the suggested change to the item. Not how it currently is.
Note: The lists have now been split up between the following 3 replies to conserve character limitations in the posts.
Post edited by zebular on

Comments

• Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2016
    Items that were once Reclaimable but Currently Are Not:
    Class Quest Reward Items that Should be Reclaimable:
    • [Abolethic Cloak] (Character Specific: CW Class Quest Reward)
    • [Cloak of the Illithid] (Character Specific: TR Class Quest Reward)
    • [Diabolic Cloak] (Character Specific: SW Class Quest Reward)
    • [Mantle of the Underdark] (Character Specific: GF/GWF Class Quest Reward)
    • [Symbol of Truth] (Character Specific: DC Class Quest Reward)
    • [Woodsman's Blades] (Character Specific: HR Class Quest Reward)

Race Quest Reward Items that Should be Reclaimable:
    • [Cloak of the Drow] (Character Specific: Drow Race Quest Reward)
    • [Cloak of the Dwarf] (Character Specific: Dwarf Race Quest Reward)
    • [Cloak of the Elf] (Character Specific: Elf Race Quest Reward)
    • [Cloak of the Half-Elf] (Character Specific: Half-Elf Race Quest Reward)
    • [Cloak of the Half-Orc] (Character Specific: Half-Orc Quest Reward)
    • [Cloak of the Halfling] (Character Specific: Halfling Quest Reward)
    • [Cloak of the Human] (Character Specific: Human Race Quest Reward)
    • [Cloak of the Tiefling] (Character Specific: Tiefling Race Quest Reward)

Campaign Reward Items that Should be Reclaimable:
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Foundry Achievement Reward Items that Should be Reclaimable:
    Other Special Items that Should be Reclaimable:
    • [Cape of Catastrophe] (Character Specific: Caturday Reward)
    • [Cloak of the Emissary of Neverwinter] (Character Specific: Level 60 Quest Reward. Also, make it so it cannot be donated to the Stronghold Mimic.)
    • [Cloak of Lesser Etherealness] (Character Specific: Obsolete Quest Reward)
    • [Dwarven Facemask] (Character Specific: Caturday Reward)
    • [Siege Master] (Character Specific: If the user deletes to otherwise is unable to obtain the Siege Master, they are unable to start and participate in the Siege of Neverwinter profession tasks. He should be made to be obtainable again, should he leave the player's inventory.)
    • [Sybella's Scrying Orb] Temporary Quest Utility Item, Needs to be Obtainable during the course of the Quest in the event the player discards it.
    • [War Dog] (Account-Wide: First Time Buyer's Pack. Make it BoP and Account-Wide)
    • [Wings of Bahamut] (Account-Wide: Dragonborn Legend Pack - The Wings of Bahamut are a single claim item. Make it BoP and Account Wide.)
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Other Community Suggestions (that don't quite fit into the intent of this thread):
    • "Caturday Survivor" title and [Cape of Catastrophe] (Caturday Reward. Over the years, the Community is split on this suggestion: Many want the Cloak and Title to be unlocked account wide, while just as equally, the Community wishes it to remain Character-Specific to those characters that were around at that time.)
    • Blackdagger Equipment (Blackdagger Ruins Boss Drops and from Blackdagger Treasure Cache: Needs to be attainable again if no longer available. Need confirmation of whether/how these items drop at present.)
    • Class Artifacts (Make class artifacts reclaimable in your last achieved rank, character specific. That way if you accidentally discard it, or somehow loose it due to a bug, you can at least reclaim it at the last rank achieved on that character.)
    • Elemental Weapon Sets (Make them reclaimable on a given character when that character has attained it through the quest(s) granted by Archdruid Morningdown in Protector's Enclave.)
    • All Simril Scarves (Character Specific: Simril Winter Event. Make each reclaimable once a character has obtained it as players report that they take up valuable bank space. Note: These scarves can still be earned in duplicate by completing Simril related events/rewards, so this is a tad out of the scope of this thread.)
    • Lore Entries (Make the Lore Book Account-Wide. See this thread for feedback.)
    • Rothe Valley's Drow Armor Sets (Make them more available, since those dungeons in quests are one-timer, and end up with wrong class or incomplete set.)
    • Wardrobe (Implement some type of Wardrobe System where all our collected gear appearances are stored and available for transmutation)
    • Remove Transmutation (Add a way to remove the transmutation places upon an item, reverting it back to its original appearance.)
  • Options
    jpalo316jpalo316 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 44 Arc User
    zebular said:

Add in any of the cloaks for the class-race quest.

The Maelstrom Cloaks? If so, added. Thanks! Added your list too, Kreatyve, thanks!

I thought they were talking about stuff like "Cloak of the Tiefling" or the stuff you get at the end of the race or class quest lines.
  • Options
    two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    [Spider Silk Cloak] from the Maze Engine Campaign.
    [Owlbear Figurine] from Portobello's Campaign.
    [Intern's Tunic] from Portobello's Campaign.
    [Intern's Slacks] from Portobello's Campaign.
    [Staldorf] from Portobello's Campaign.
    [Portobello's Wand of Sight] from Portobello's Campaign.
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
  • Options
    eightcatseightcats Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10 Arc User
    Wings of Bahamut I want these to be reclaimable :p
  • Options
    [Cloak of Lesser Etherealness] formerly from Illithid Enclave.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    jpalo316 said:

zebular said:

Add in any of the cloaks for the class-race quest.

The Maelstrom Cloaks? If so, added. Thanks! Added your list too, Kreatyve, thanks!

I thought they were talking about stuff like "Cloak of the Tiefling" or the stuff you get at the end of the race or class quest lines.
    two30 said:

[Spider Silk Cloak] from the Maze Engine Campaign.
    [Owlbear Figurine] from Portobello's Campaign.
    [Intern's Tunic] from Portobello's Campaign.
    [Intern's Slacks] from Portobello's Campaign.
    [Staldorf] from Portobello's Campaign.
    [Portobello's Wand of Sight] from Portobello's Campaign.

eightcats said:

Wings of Bahamut I want these to be reclaimable :p

two30 said:

[Cloak of Lesser Etherealness] formerly from Illithid Enclave.

Updated the list with all these, thanks!

However, for the class quests, I am missing the names of the final reward in the quest chains for the Control Wizard and Devoted Cleric. I have all the rest listed. Anyone know what these two items are off hand?
  • Options
    eightcatseightcats Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10 Arc User
    WooHoo! :p
  • Options
    mekolsmekols Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    War dog carrier from first time buyers back. this companion is bound to character. BUT thats just HAMSTER ( sorry my Words)
    because you b uy 500/1k zen to get it. then you can only have it on 1 character. like now i have it on my hunter. I never use my hunter. so its a waste of a companion that cost me irl cash to get
  • Options
    SCARFS, from Winter event. OH BOI. its like 10+ scarf. and i have them all in my inventory right now, becasue i know if i lose t hem. i need to wait a year Before i can get them again. THAT is just HAMSTER
  • Options
    zebular said:

However, for the class quests, I am missing the names of the final reward in the quest chains for the Control Wizard and Devoted Cleric. I have all the rest listed. Anyone know what these two items are off hand?

I think these are their names (neither is in the wiki):
    [Abolethic Cloak] from Control Wizard class quest.
    [Symbol of Truth] from Devoted Cleric class quest.
  • Options
    lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    mekols said:

War dog carrier from first time buyers back. this companion is bound to character. BUT thats just HAMSTER ( sorry my Words)
    because you b uy 500/1k zen to get it. then you can only have it on 1 character. like now i have it on my hunter. I never use my hunter. so its a waste of a companion that cost me irl cash to get

Oh gods this please! All the other companions from packs are reclaimable so why is War Dog not, as we spend zen to get it as well?

I actually have mine on the wrong HR and my Archer wants a War Dog very much.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    tieashame#1782 tieashame Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    removed
    Post edited by tieashame#1782 on
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    zebular said:

The Maelstrom Cloaks?

These are boss drops in Blackdagger Ruins, and I am relatively certain they are/were even BoE and shouldn't be included. Can't remember if some of the items called Maelstrom Cloak were old dungeon drops. The non-class-specific one is from Marion Hexbane, I think.
    two30 said:

zebular said:

I think these are their names (neither is in the wiki):
    [Abolethic Cloak] from Control Wizard class quest.
    [Symbol of Truth] from Devoted Cleric class quest.
    These are correct.

We need Cloak of Lesser Etherealness back in the game. I always thought they removed it due to the stealth, but then they gave us Ambush rings and Shadowclad.

I agree. This was one of the neatest quest rewards ever, and there's no longer any logical argument for having removed it. (Was replaced with a useless green weapon... boooooo.)

I originally purchased the Courtesan Wear from the Zen market, was reclaimable account wide until they removed it from the Zen market. I would like to see items that were account open from there, once again claimable account wide.

This is something you're mistaken about, I'm afraid. Zen store fashion has always been single-use, although occasionally they gift us an account-bound set, which stays that way when equipped.

Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    This would be a hugely long list of class-specific items that I can't note down in detail at this time, but with New!EE going live... all the campaign reward equipment, for transmutey goodness.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    Updated the list with categories to be easier to read and to add new entries, such as Campaign items.
  • Options
    grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    verdonix1 said:

I am AVIDLY FOR making the Caturday cloak reclaimable. However, ONLY on those toons that existed during "Caturday". I do NOT agree with an account unlock. I do not know how the coding would work to make it this way but if it were an account unlock, then a toon I make today can get it and wear it defeating the exclusivity of owning one and the length of time in game it represents. IMHO

I agree, I only have one character eligible for the Caturday title and I'd like to keep it that way. Otherwise, when you see the title - was it that character or their main(s)??
  • Options
    zebular said:

Updated the list with categories to be easier to read and to add new entries, such as Campaign items.

The Cloak of the Emissary of Neverwinter is eligible to donate to the Stronghold coffer, so that's a problem with making it reclaimable, unfortunately.

I am not sure where the Woodsman's Blades come from, but as far as I know, HRs still don't have a class quest line (another booooo). Maybe they were a low-level quest reward? Item name sounds vaguely familiar, but I only ever made one ranger, so it has been a while.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User
    Other Quest line items - aka Cloak of the Plague Tower - this is the one that springs to mind (since on 2xXP the other weekend got my toons past this quest line)
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    [War Dog] from first time buyers back. War dog carrier are a single claim item. Make it BoP and Account wide.
    @zebular

and maybe scarfs from chrismas event?
  • Options
    btfdbtfd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 177 Arc User
    What about the burning weapon set giving AP, or drowning set, etc? Also it would be a nice idea to make class artifacts reclamaimable in your last achieved rank... Let's say I level the sigil of devoted to epic I get the ability to reclaim it in epic quality once I discard it.

• Options
    tieashame#1782 tieashame Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    removed
    Post edited by tieashame#1782 on
  • Options
    bakedpotardobakedpotardo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 22 Arc User
    So happy to see this, nothing to add but glad to see the cape of catastrophe on the list, back when I got my hoard necklace, I forgot about my cape of catastrophe transmute on my old arti neck and used it for RP on the hoard neck, I realised as soon as I hit refine :[ I'd kept that cape transmute and used it on every new neck I got since beta, then suddenly gone and no way to get it back D:
  • Options
    flyingleonflyingleon Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    The epic cloak you get when you get level 60 or 70 can be put into the SH coffer. I suppose it is OK how it works now.

Join the Greycloaks

Ana-GWF SM Destroyer | Farseer-CW MoF Renegade | Leon-GF SM Tactician
    Adrik Battlefate-DC DO Virtuous | Cassi Woodsheart-HR PF Trapper
  • Options
    edited April 2016

I know I bought the set in the Zen store and claimed it on several of my chars from the Zen market. Opened the box and got the 3 pieces. Now I cannot reclaim it because they removed it. It was bought last year when I was in a previous guild, there was no promo on buying it, used a coupon.

Well... if it was working that way for you, all I can say is you were lucky enough to benefit from some unknown bug. Zen-store fashions were always single-use for normal purchases.

Edit: quote tags

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    [Robe of Useless Items] is Reclaimable but i would like to see this added to the Bazaar. This item makes for a great Armor Transmute that I use. Many have ask where I get it but they don't want to purchase the Guardian or Hero Packs it came from. B)