test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Patch Notes: NW.60.20160307a.6

Comments

• Options
    bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User
    Ran ETOS last night to help a new level 70 get gear.. What is with the blue gear drops and seals of the adventurer instead of protector seals on the first two bosses? Is that supposed to happen or is this a bug?
    Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.

• Options
    reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    edited March 2016

So nothing for people with augments ? did not think they will ignore them, given that one of the latest ZEN Additions was a augment pet.... go go bounding stone bugging seems to be the way now ?

They would have to limit 1 proc total on bonding stones to make Augments BIS again and I seriously doubt that will happen. Even if it's nerfed to 3 procs 1 per stone it'll out perform an augment. Now with other buffs introduced we have the flexibility to use the pet we want to! The content is not hard enough to REQUIRE BIS anymore... BiS for SH Dragons and stuff like that, sure but for normal play use what you want to use. Are you in a DPS race? If so then do what you need to do but otherwise use what you want and have fun with it!
    zakseven said:

Hey why drop the servers 7 mins before time? I mean comon was trying to be on the money with 5-10 mins to do all my invoke before downtime.

The ability to change characters usually ends 5-10 mins early but you can stay in game on the same toon until the server drops.
  • Options
    wildfiredewildfirede Member Posts: 886 Arc User
    reg1981 said:

I wanted warlords changed... I posted such many times (though it was all removed)
    I however, dont like the change they decided on..

I can both be happy and sorta pissed at the same time.

So nothing for people with augments ? did not think they will ignore them, given that one of the latest ZEN Additions was a augment pet.... go go bounding stone bugging seems to be the way now ?
    They would have to limit 1 proc total on bonding stones to make Augments BIS again and I seriously doubt that will happen. Even if it's nerfed to 3 procs 1 per stone it'll out perform an augment. Now with other buffs introduced we have the flexibility to use the pet we want to! The content is not hard enough to REQUIRE BIS anymore... BiS for SH Dragons and stuff like that, sure but for normal play use what you want to use. Are you in a DPS race? If so then do what you need to do but otherwise use what you want and have fun with it!
    Exactly, but i would like to perform optimal with the pet i like - so don't nerf bondings just make them not attack dependent would be cool - and i would switch companions often depending on what i like.
    Please fix Zhentarim Warlock companion's skill "Arcane Warping" to the originally intended "Arcane Boost"
    zhentarim-warlock-companion

Pure -> Transcendent Plague Fire weapon enchantment giving 80damge/20 seconds for 500k+ AD is a joke.
    plague-fire-weapon-enchant-r11-vs-r12
  • Options
    jumpingmorksjumpingmorks Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Andy mentioned in another thread that the Sled is a known issue and it will likely be a few patches away before a fix is implemented.

EDIT:
    Actually it was another dev called Terramak and the thread can be found here:
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1213600/demon-sleds-demise
  • Options
    candinho2candinho2 Member Posts: 550 Arc User
    Warlord's Inspiration: This Insignia bonus has been redesigned, and now provides 20% increased Companion damage, up to 40% with five bonuses slotted.
    i'n glad i haven't purchassed any mount, but i was going to buy just for this bonus.
  • Options
    candinho2 said:

Warlord's Inspiration: This Insignia bonus has been redesigned, and now provides 20% increased Companion damage, up to 40% with five bonuses slotted.
    i'n glad i haven't purchassed any mount, but i was going to buy just for this bonus.

Yea I wonder if they will redesign it again when someone works out how to get Shadow Demon to solo Orcus.

• Options
    candinho2candinho2 Member Posts: 550 Arc User

candinho2 said:

Yea I wonder if they will redesign it again when someone works out how to get Shadow Demon to solo Orcus.

it hit for just 100k, 40% more won't make it hit that much, stop being a child and grow up, before they nerf it even more
  • Options
    candinho2 said:

candinho2 said:

it hit for just 100k, 40% more won't make it hit that much, stop being a child and grow up, before they nerf it even more
    And what was childish about my comment?
  • Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User

candinho2 said:

candinho2 said:

And what was childish about my comment?
    As it stands, any companion can solo orcus if you have the patience....
  • Options
    there is obviously something wrong with a companion hitting for 140k and the others for 40k on a good day :)
    Please fix Zhentarim Warlock companion's skill "Arcane Warping" to the originally intended "Arcane Boost"

Pure -> Transcendent Plague Fire weapon enchantment giving 80damge/20 seconds for 500k+ AD is a joke.
  • Options
    joyousdecieverjoyousdeciever Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    not that the devs or community moderators will even bother looking at this now that they decided on a "fix" for warlords..... but way to take an overpowered benefit to players and making it practically worthless hence F***ing the players that had pre release invested in that benefit (mounts purchased).... i dont expect it to remain break the game over powered but what about Augment or healer pets and what about defender pets? no damage resistance buff? no hitpoint increase no defensive benefits at all? devs need to get a little feedback before these "fixes" because they obviously have need to broaden their options before rushing into ruining aspects of the game.....
    xx% more damage... great worthlesness charlie brown..... heavy handed panic nerf as usual from cryptic.. why not increase pets stats by 25% and 50% of the PETS STATS for encouragement and inspiration respectively and cap it at 2 or 3 stacks of any warlords bonus ... that way pets with slow attacks can benefit from stacking recovery or heal and augment pets can benefit from this bonus at all???
    warlords went from the bis mount bonus to practically worthless except for the player running solo and depending on pet for damage ( tank and healers ) why never any middle ground with cryptic.... its break the game op or break the .......... worthless with them (class, bonus ,item ect)
  • Options
    lorandelczlorandelcz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 35 Arc User

Fix pvp crashes as well please ! Lots of players reports freezing during dom and client crash to desktop !

agreed. ANd pvp queue is not fixed either. Stil getting penalty for someone else's decline...

• Options

not that the devs or community moderators will even bother looking at this now that they decided on a "fix" for warlords..... but way to take an overpowered benefit to players and making it practically worthless hence F***ing the players that had pre release invested in that benefit (mounts purchased).... i dont expect it to remain break the game over powered but what about Augment or healer pets and what about defender pets? no damage resistance buff? no hitpoint increase no defensive benefits at all? devs need to get a little feedback before these "fixes" because they obviously have need to broaden their options before rushing into ruining aspects of the game.....
    xx% more damage... great worthlesness charlie brown..... heavy handed panic nerf as usual from cryptic.. why not increase pets stats by 25% and 50% of the PETS STATS for encouragement and inspiration respectively and cap it at 2 or 3 stacks of any warlords bonus ... that way pets with slow attacks can benefit from stacking recovery or heal and augment pets can benefit from this bonus at all???
    warlords went from the bis mount bonus to practically worthless except for the player running solo and depending on pet for damage ( tank and healers ) why never any middle ground with cryptic.... its break the game op or break the .......... worthless with them (class, bonus ,item ect)

I would go as far to say that this fix directly hurt those most willing to invest real money in the game but that would be pure conjecture on my part. If the devs do read this I would suggest running a query to find out how much money on average those buying zen mounts in the last week with Warlords bonus have invested in the game to find out how many people deeply invested in this game woke up today and realized they just flushed their money away.

• Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    The warlord's bonus was obviously broken beyond belief. If you invested money into using this and not expecting it to be nerfed/removed then it's all on you.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    ghoulz66 said:

The warlord's bonus was obviously broken beyond belief. If you invested money into using this and not expecting it to be nerfed/removed then it's all on you.

Cryptic put a lot of time, money and effort into the insignia/mount system (a really good system at that I might add) that partly (the warlord's bonus) got completely redesigned a week after it was released. The point I'm making isn't that it was so obviously broken no one at Cryptic seemed to notice it, rather than we have little to no feedback from devs on what is broken or not.

Take bonding companions for example and the LoL set, they provide massive bonuses, do players feel safe making the sort of investment needed to make them work? I'd like to invest in a Shadow Demon pet with Perfect Bondings for my GWF to remain competitive (in a friendly manner) with my friends but I have no idea whether a patch note posted on one Thursday just before maintenance is due will make the time needed to invest in such a thing a complete waste of time.

If anything that requires considerable time and effort is wasted why bother in the first place? And if our time means nothing why bother at all.

A good example of this is the race reroll, whenever you race reroll your history gets set to Battle Tested Veteran from the Dalelands, I don't know of any communication from Cryptic in any form that says that they either know about the problem or that they plan to fix said problem at some point in the future.
  • Options
    Testing? one of the lead developers had to be in a stream to notice that the first boss in the 'new' instance tends to hmmm not show as was reported before, insignia testing was near impossible on PTR unless you want to doubblegrind insignias like a employe, and bonuses on warlord were 0%... GWF unstoppable is bugged for a year now what testing ;)

I just mean that investing in something new at this point should be like 2-3 weeks after it is live for example they sell a nonexisting enchant in the new keyset that will be probably a typo... and in something that is obviously broken like lostmauth and bonding with the insecurity that it may be "looked into at aome time™" a investition should be made with the idea that it may be gone next Thursday with a note at the Friday afterwards..

• Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited March 2016

A good example of this is the race reroll, whenever you race reroll your history gets set to Battle Tested Veteran from the Dalelands, I don't know of any communication from Cryptic in any form that says that they either know about the problem or that they plan to fix said problem at some point in the future.

Actually, everybody's history has been changed to Battle-Tested Veteran from the Dalelands, whether you've ever modified your character in any fashion or not. They are finally tracking this as a bug.

Edit: Can find relevant thread in XBox bug forum, if you care to look.

Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    melodicahmelodicah Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    ghoulz66 said:

This. There's no way that having such inflated stats was an intended design decision. Anyone who invests $$ or AD in something in a new mod release before all the kinks have been ironed out is just asking to be disappointed.

• Options

Actually, everybody's history has been changed to Battle-Tested Veteran from the Dalelands, whether you've ever modified your character in any fashion or not. They are finally tracking this as a bug.

Edit: Can find relevant thread in XBox bug forum, if you care to look.

Thanks Becky, am glad it's finally been recognized, it's been bugging me for ages!

• Options
    melodicah said:

ghoulz66 said:

This. There's no way that having such inflated stats was an intended design decision. Anyone who invests $$ or AD in something in a new mod release before all the kinks have been ironed out is just asking to be disappointed.

No way that having such inflated stats was an intended design decision? Are you suggesting they had other reasons for releasing the bonus the way they did?

• Options
    silverblade17silverblade17 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3 Arc User
    Why didn't anyone think about fixing the eDemo bug when you were fixing the other queue bugs?
  • Options
    feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    This patch is a complete failure. All I get is rubberbanding, frequent disconnects and the same stupid, broken pvp queue system. No one asked for more pointless prompts after queueing for any group content. No one wants more pointless prompts. Just transfer us to the map. If the point of this is supposed to be synching opposing pvp premades then just make a separate queue for premades like you should have done seven mods ago.
  • Options
    ulthran77ulthran77 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Seriously still no eDemo... Shame. Shame. Shame.
  • Options
    tinead51tinead51 Member Posts: 305 Arc User
    You get that Zen store stuff fixed pronto, god forbid any actual game related bugs are worked on prior to you know what.
  • Options
    bigredbrentbigredbrent Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 155 Arc User
    zibadawa said:

pekupekui said:

So now Warlord's bonus doesn't work. Awesome. Because I wanted to spend AD in an useless mount... not surprised there.

It'll work. It'll just do something different and won't break the game anymore.
    It will not do anything useful for any class that actually wants to do dps.
  • Options
    melodicahmelodicah Member Posts: 35 Arc User

melodicah said:

ghoulz66 said:

No way that having such inflated stats was an intended design decision? Are you suggesting they had other reasons for releasing the bonus the way they did?

Lack of QC? Laziness? Oversight? It's not like this is the first time they've released something that was broken.

In any case, they've now changed it and you or anyone who was stupid enough to spend a lot of currency on it are SOL. Get over it.
  • Options
    kronus#9296 kronus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    I can't find the 20 lockbox keys. Went to the zen market, looked under keys and not there. Am I missing it????
This discussion has been closed.