test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Underdark Owlbear Patch Notes NW.55.20160125b.2 - (2016-02-03 Update)

13»

Comments

• Options
    vida44vida44 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 667 Arc User
    terramak said:

Demogorgon: We've talked to the Goristro and it's agreed to stick around for the full 5 minutes to fight adventurers, no matter when they enter the arena. Please let us know if the Goristro violates our terms of demonic agreement (ToDA).

Is it also possible to end the first phase after getting the gold result?
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

Come on guys, this is a bad move all around.

FARMING hes is horrendous, terrible and boring, but at least while your farming all of this ichor we need, you have a chance to earn a small % of AD back for the time wasted.

Removing this for basically a pittance of RP, is bad overall, in addition you will probably remove 50% if not more of the blue chance rings in game.

Come on, please thing about this one before you implement it. ITs bad for the playerbase in general.

I think you're reading the note as saying the rings are removed from all demonic HEs, but they're only doing that with the bonus overloads. Not that I really agree with it either, but neither is it quite as bad as you make out.

Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    eion311eion311 Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    Is the Champion's Armored Bulette model size ever going to be fixed? :(
  • Options
    aleblainaleblain Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 76 Arc User
    beckylunatic... that's the thing. I don't want to just create one more unseen thread for that, I would prefer an official one or something. But thanks for the answer.
  • Options
    ankabird1ankabird1 Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    Agreed.
    But to notice # of sellers DEVs should play game at about 09-10.00 hours. All players is sleeping and chat is zerged by different sellers. Holly Molly
    regenerde said:

---
    Social
    Players can now only send Friend Requests if they have reached level 15 on at least one character, charged Zen into Neverwinter, or purchased a pack.
    ---

This didn't work for the chat, and it won't work for this problem either...

AD sellers are allready leveling their characters to 15+ to bypass the chat restriction, therefore this will change NOTHING!

How many times do we have to repeat, that we need an editable chat filter?
    So that we can update it on our own with keywords, so that the AD seller spam itself will be filtered right away.
    Take the profanity filter as base, and just upgrade it to what we actually need to fight this spam in game...

And friends request should only work, when you're in the same group with your friend.

Here's an idea for the next Dev stream, after this patch you take a fresh character on a new account into PE on the Dragon shard of course, and just stand there for about 15 minutes with the zone chat showing...
    And then just start counting how many AD seller accounts you have to place on ignore during that time.

That should give you an idea of what we player have to go through day after day...

• Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    terramak said:

Combat and Powers
    Companions

• The sounds made by the Bear Cub, Polar Bear Cub, Baby Owlbear, and Baby Bulette are now approximately 38% cuter.
    Can we double check the math here @terramak ?

I was parsing the cuteness to try and dial in the the Cuteness/Second of each of the new pets, as I think currently cuteness is an underutilized stat and may become more powerful given the direction of Module 9.

However, while it looks like collectively they all average out to 38%, I found specifically the ACTUAL increases of each individual baby to be:

PET: CPS Increase (-Decrease)
    Bear Cub: 83%
    Polar Bear Cub: 43%
    Baby Bullette: 42%
    Baby Owlbear: -16%

So while the Polar and Bullette output roughly the same CPS, the Bear Cub is outrageous overpowered right now, and with limited options adventurers have to defend against cuteness, particularly in PvP, it's almost game-breaking.

On the flip side, the Baby Owlbear actually ended up getting NERF, which essentially makes any build attempting to be cute while using it non-viable. To give you some comparison, the CPS of the Baby Owlbear is now roughly that of a cleanly shaven orc, which isn't saying much, quite frankly.

Hopefully this can be addressed.

"Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    edited February 2016

terramak said:

Combat and Powers
    Companions

• The sounds made by the Bear Cub, Polar Bear Cub, Baby Owlbear, and Baby Bulette are now approximately 38% cuter.
    Can we double check the math here @terramak ?

I was parsing the cuteness to try and dial in the the Cuteness/Second of each of the new pets, as I think currently cuteness is an underutilized stat and may become more powerful given the direction of Module 9.

However, while it looks like collectively they all average out to 38%, I found specifically the ACTUAL increases of each individual baby to be:

PET: CPS Increase (-Decrease)
    Bear Cub: 83%
    Polar Bear Cub: 43%
    Baby Bullette: 42%
    Baby Owlbear: -16%

So while the Polar and Bullette output roughly the same CPS, the Bear Cub is outrageous overpowered right now, and with limited options adventurers have to defend against cuteness, particularly in PvP, it's almost game-breaking.

On the flip side, the Baby Owlbear actually ended up getting NERF, which essentially makes any build attempting to be cute while using it non-viable. To give you some comparison, the CPS of the Baby Owlbear is now roughly that of a cleanly shaven orc, which isn't saying much, quite frankly.

Hopefully this can be addressed.

While I agree with you, my own parsing has found that when the Baby Owlbear is matched with the matching Owlbear Mount, it's Cuteness is actually increased by 78%. So I think your numbers might be off. You really should make sure to include those factors in your study. I believe you will find that the CPS of all the baby pets to be increased by a rather large amount when paired with their matching mounts (aka, their mommies).

@terramak, can you let us know if this is WAI?
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
    Due to Cuteness per Second calculations being relatively young in theorycrafting vocabulary, I think we're going to let this one sit for a short while. There will almost undoubtedly be some unexpected combinations of sounds, motions, and synergies with systems and items that seem unrelated at first (I'm looking at you, Adorable Pocket Pet). Once the player base begins to discover these combinations, I suspect we'll find that the cuteness output will be staggeringly high for each of these companions.

I, for one, look forward to seeing Lostmauth fawn over a Baby Bulette while speaking in falsetto.
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    terramak said:

I, for one, look forward to seeing Lostmauth fawn over a Baby Bulette while speaking in falsetto.

va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    neopets devs be like 'HEY CAN WE GET HIRED??'

edit: foundry silverback bear better have the best. THE BEST mount synergies.
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
    Thanks for all the fish.
This discussion has been closed.