What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Developer Blog: Masterwork Professions

12346»

Comments

• Options
    inyawayupdeepinyawayupdeep Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 206 Arc User
    Scott needs to make it known if small guilds and solo players have any place in the game, or are we supposed to abandon our small happy guilds and solo play, will we be able to get BIS equip from dungeons or not. We're holding fast in little guilds hoping SH will only hurt for a mod or two and that things will normalize once you don't feel the need to hype it with all the best stuff in the game. So please give us a few words on the matter, need the info.

And aleblain you need to get a new catch phrase if you want people's respect, deal with it isn't working.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

My concern is the possible botting on the Gateway of these BOE items. Will the tasks be disabled on the gateway?

If the materials are hard to obtain/expensive, and the crafting tasks themselves require some form of training period to learn (which they apparently do), and you can only obtain one masterwork tool of each type from each training period (already confirmed), and we can also fairly safely assume a lengthy run-time for the crafting....

Are you f'n kidding? Who gives a flying fark if someone is able to use Gateway to possibly produce marginally more items than otherwise?
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    gomok72gomok72 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    I got a question, Strum.

If you are less than level 70 can and will you still be able to do the Masterwork proffesions if you are in a rank 14-15 SH?

I have a crafting toon that is capped in every sphere with the exception of artificing and weapons (both are at level 17 and 19, so I'm interested in this as a whole.
    I may not be considered by most the BEST PVP Warlock on the server but, I am the most HATED amongst them.

-Kymos
  • Options
    soltaswordsoltasword Member Posts: 290 Arc User
    Yet again, Cryptic finds more ways to kick the solo/casual player even farther to the curb. When are you going to pull your head out of your HAMSTER and actually make something in the game every single person can enjoy doing without everything being gated behind being in a darn guild ( and a large rich one at that ). You do the exact opposite of what almost every player tells you sucks and they can't stand and then turn around and say stuff like " we are looking into it " or " we will be monitoring things " of which we all know is just a bunch of bs. Seriously, why does anyone still put any hope into this game anymore. So disappointed and frustrated.
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User

My concern is the possible botting on the Gateway of these BOE items. Will the tasks be disabled on the gateway?

If the materials are hard to obtain/expensive, and the crafting tasks themselves require some form of training period to learn (which they apparently do), and you can only obtain one masterwork tool of each type from each training period (already confirmed), and we can also fairly safely assume a lengthy run-time for the crafting....

Are you f'n kidding? Who gives a flying fark if someone is able to use Gateway to possibly produce marginally more items than otherwise?
    If someone wants to bot it training/gathering materials will be easier with bots anyways, and they'll be able to do it on multiple characters too.

The only reason why this won't happen is because the people that would exploit this sort of thing probably don't have an explorer's guild and don't need to bother with it. They're already rolling in AD that they got from past exploits anyways.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    After thinking on this, I think Cryptic decided to gate these behind large rich guilds in another way to force the smaller guilds out of the game and as another way to generate revenue since not many will be able to do these. And what items will trickle to the AH will cost more AD than the solo/casual player can generate in a reasonable amount of time, thusly in another attempt to force us to fork over more money. Instead of making these availabe for everyone or heck, even making these available for just being vip, that is the only reasoning you can come up with for the fact that they are gated behind large rich guilds. They just plain don't want everyone to do them.
  • Options
    mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited November 2015

After thinking on this, I think Cryptic decided to gate these behind large rich guilds in another way to force the smaller guilds out of the game and as another way to generate revenue since not many will be able to do these. And what items will trickle to the AH will cost more AD than the solo/casual player can generate in a reasonable amount of time, thusly in another attempt to force us to fork over more money. Instead of making these availabe for everyone or heck, even making these available for just being vip, that is the only reasoning you can come up with for the fact that they are gated behind large rich guilds. They just plain don't want everyone to do them.

The problem is the smaller guilds spend large amount of money on the game. So it will not only hurt the game with yet another exodus of players but will finacially hurt the company indirectly hurting the game as well.

Rich guilds farm for there upgrades most small guild have to buy stronghold packs to survive.
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• Options
    the13thpaladinthe13thpaladin Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I didn't receive a reply to a message sent privately, so I will put this out here.

I have a physical disability that prevents me from participating in voice chats, I am functionally deaf. Completely deaf in my left ear and I have a severe enough deficit in my right that I cannot utilize anything like a voice chat program.

I attempted to join several larger guilds when I returned to the game several months ago, but the guilds in question required team speak and refused to allow me to join.

Given that I have some sense of pride, I did not feel like continuing to go hat in hand to every large guild in the game seeking membership. I found it personally demeaning, not to mention frustrating.

This decision bars access to people that for one reason or another cannot access higher end guilds. I am not talking about people that want to play solo, I am talking about people that cannot access the content because of physical barriers.

Crafting is something that many solo players and players in small guilds enjoy because it offers avenues of activity to replace some of the social interaction and the more limited access to raiding and higher end dungeon content.

Will there be new crafting content that will be open to all players? This isn't about equipment. Perhaps for some it is, but for many it is about the pursuit of the crafting as an end in itself, not exclusively as the means.

Thank you in advance for any reply.
  • Options
    asterdahlasterdahl Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,258 Cryptic Developer

I didn't receive a reply to a message sent privately, so I will put this out here.

I have a physical disability that prevents me from participating in voice chats, I am functionally deaf. Completely deaf in my left ear and I have a severe enough deficit in my right that I cannot utilize anything like a voice chat program.

I attempted to join several larger guilds when I returned to the game several months ago, but the guilds in question required team speak and refused to allow me to join.

Given that I have some sense of pride, I did not feel like continuing to go hat in hand to every large guild in the game seeking membership. I found it personally demeaning, not to mention frustrating.

This decision bars access to people that for one reason or another cannot access higher end guilds. I am not talking about people that want to play solo, I am talking about people that cannot access the content because of physical barriers.

Crafting is something that many solo players and players in small guilds enjoy because it offers avenues of activity to replace some of the social interaction and the more limited access to raiding and higher end dungeon content.

Will there be new crafting content that will be open to all players? This isn't about equipment. Perhaps for some it is, but for many it is about the pursuit of the crafting as an end in itself, not exclusively as the means.

I'm sorry to hear about your negative experiences with larger guilds. I play on live (incognito of course!) in a medium-large sized guild that's not too far off from the required rank for masterwork quests, and voice over IP like ventrillo and mumble are not required. I also understand from a history of being members in and running guilds in a number of games the frustration that can occur when trying to find a good fit.

I'm not sure if you've mostly only considered contacting guilds that recruit in game, but you may also want to check out the guild recruitment forum if you haven't already. Hopefully you can find a guild there that does not explicitly require participating in voice chat.

I've always been a big crafter myself, in every game I play, so I understand the desire for new crafting content. As I mentioned before, this content will naturally and through tweaks as needed in the future become more widely available. But that doesn't mean that we have nothing else planned for crafters, or that all new recipes will be gated through strongholds. I can't give you a time frame right now, but we'll definitely continue to support crafting for both players in large and small guilds, even guildless players.
  • Options
    rinat114rinat114 Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    edited November 2015

Just on a personal note and as a large high-end guild leader, I'm sorry to hear you've been refused by other guilds. Despite requiring teamspeak, there are also human feelings and needs and they should have considered your application or whatever it was despite your disability. Again, I'm very sorry to hear that was your experience with certain guilds, I can assure you (and I can only speak for the 2 guilds I run), we never refused a person with disability despite requiring TS. In fact, we have a couple of deaf people. Everything can be communciated in chat if one can't make it to TS during a raid, rest assured. We only require to log TS during large guild stuff (Tiamat, Dragonflight, SHPVP, etc) so people hear the orders and act accordingly, yet, as I said, everything can be communciated via chat as well if needed. You sound like a great person and we'd be honored to have you applying if you ever want to join :) Best of luck and I truly hope you'll end up finding the right guild for you.
  • Options
    asterdahl said:

I'm sorry to hear about your negative experiences with larger guilds. I play on live (incognito of course!) in a medium-large sized guild that's not too far off from the required rank for masterwork quests, and voice over IP like ventrillo and mumble are not required. I also understand from a history of being members in and running guilds in a number of games the frustration that can occur when trying to find a good fit.

I'm not sure if you've mostly only considered contacting guilds that recruit in game, but you may also want to check out the guild recruitment forum if you haven't already. Hopefully you can find a guild there that does not explicitly require participating in voice chat.

I've always been a big crafter myself, in every game I play, so I understand the desire for new crafting content. As I mentioned before, this content will naturally and through tweaks as needed in the future become more widely available. But that doesn't mean that we have nothing else planned for crafters, or that all new recipes will be gated through strongholds. I can't give you a time frame right now, but we'll definitely continue to support crafting for both players in large and small guilds, even guildless players.

Then why didn't you do that here with the masterwork professions. What reason can you give that makes any real sense to gate these behind large rich guilds making completely sure that small guilds and people not in a guild have no access to these professions. Because I am surely not the only one that would like an answer to that. I have never seen a game with any sort of crafting in it that excludes many if not most of the people that like to craft. So, why exclude so many people by gating these, not just behind having to be in a guild, but a large rich one at that.
    And sadly, with your track record, I have a hard time believing this " but we'll definitely continue to support crafting for both players in large and small guilds, even guildless players. " Solo/casual players have gotten straight kicked to the curb since mod 6 was released and I don't see that trend changing anytime soon.
  • Options
    And silence. Didn't really think you would give an answer. Just what us players have come to expect.
  • Options
    relkindxrelkindx Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    Any news on when you will be able to get explorer maps from a marketplace. I think this will help to bring down prices significantly. Right now there is like 1 or 2 guild supplying all the mats.
  • Options
    revan06100revan06100 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 205 Arc User
    asterdahl, you seem to be a good guy, and most certainly, efficient in your work, but please, hear us out.
    Listen to the playerbase ! You can't ignore that 90% of the comments here, have been negatives... The playerbase IS NOT happy ! The playerbase is frustrated !
    I understand that you receive orders and words from a higher ground, but the game makers/the people in charge of Cryptic/PWE, have to make efforts towards the players, otherwise they will leave, and i can promise you that !
    Most players i know have left already, some will soon, with the releasing of a new mmo, and others will certainly do too, cause they feel like nothing is going forward, end content gets boring and everything is always about a BIG GRIND.
    You need to take these issues with both hands, time is critical, you're pushing 90% of the playerbase away, don't crush this game please !
  • Options
    jrojasbjrojasb Member Posts: 24 Arc User

Masterwork Professions need to be de-coupled from Strongholds, and SH weapons need to be available regardless of GH and Market Ranks. The Explorer's Guild requirement should be totally removed. That would make everyone happy.

i agree , please listen to us
  • Options
    jrojasbjrojasb Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    han hecho el masterwork casi tan imposible como matar a tiamat, 20% de probabilidad de éxito teniendo que tener todos los assets morados es demasiado, también es muy caro todo y difícil de hacer . el concentrated aqua regia o el gold ingot cuesta millones pienso que deben subir la probabilidad y vender todo con guild marks asi fomenta el farmeo
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    Copy of a comment from me from the life stream thread - reposted here as it is of relevance to this thread:

The whole masterwork design is pretty much a fiasco. It needs serious rethinking. Now, I had high hopes for it, and I am pretty much the type of player that Masterwork crafting should appeal to - I have my Forgehammer of Gond and multiple professions at 25, but I really don't see Masterwork as anything for me. The first reason is that I am in a guild that is not even close to reaching the required guild hall level soon. The Masterwork system is geared towards the largest guilds, and quite frankly, that annoys a good chunk of your playerbase.

The second issue is that the masterwork is not really worth it. There is significant cost in doing the masterwork quests for each profession - now, I am actually fine with that - spending a few million AD on a masterwork profession is just fine with me. What I am not fine with, however, is that it's just not worth the effort. There is only a small number of items (in particular Rosegold rings) that could possibly be crafted and sold profitably, but the rest? Sorry, the rest of the crafted stuff just does not compare with other equipment that can be obtained otherwise with less effort and/or cost.

Masterwork is pretty much pointless, that's the sad fact.

I am not sure how to fix this, but my primary suggestion would be to allow masterwork crafting to create items that do not compete with other stuff. One example could be something like mount saddles that would provide mounts with some equip bonuses. That's something people would love and it could give masterwork crafting a real reason to exist.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    iszuuleiszuule Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 13 Arc User
    Gotta say... the masterwork professions are a JOKE.. the fact that all purple items leaves you at only 20% success rate is rediculous... just another in a long line of "content" that cryptic has pushed out with the sole purpose of costing the playing time, AD, and eventually real money, cause we all know soon they will release an "item" in the zen store for a rediculous price to offset the horrible chance rate on masterwork professions.

it's really no wonder why so many people have left the game for other games.

-=[ Waits patiently for post to be deleted, or moved to a place no one ever visits ]=-