What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Developer Blog: Masterwork Professions

Comments

• Options
    kwsapphirekwsapphire Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Unfortunately the need to sacrifice a boon structure slot just for Masterwork professions means I'll never have access to this either. Even though I'm part of a guild of appropriate rank, we have other boon structures slotted for construction. We're not going to give up the boons we find most useful as a guild just for this.

I'd also like to point out that you don't have to be part of a "rich" guild - just an active one. Guilds with no level requirements, no activity requirements, no contribution requirements, and no requirements what so ever? Clearly not going to level up in a reasonable time frame. But guilds that require daily activity and contributions [in the form of influence, heroic shards, etc.], and who require minimum character level and item level (at least for an account's first or main character in the guild), are easily leveling up. The term "rich" implies that there's some kind of monetary investment required, which, there just isn't. It's a time and dedication investment to be sure.

I'm just disappointed that I won't get to participate in this new content system because of the associated opportunity cost. Bummer.
    qtPt2I
  • Options
    kwsapphirekwsapphire Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 671 Arc User

Capitalism, yay?

Trickle-Down economics. It never worked.
    Correct me if I'm wrong (and I may be, as I'm not an economist), but aren't Capitalism and Trickle-Down Economics two two, totally separate concepts?
    qtPt2I
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    mattsacre said:

It's funny how they on one hand, extol how they will able to craft stuff of such quality that the player can make a living at it, then on the other hand, tell just how hard and long it is going to take to do it so its on "par" with other paths i.e. really time/cost/material intensive. The problem being, it will be so much of a pita to make they will have to charge so much for it that nobody but players at their level will be able to afford the craptastic stuff. Once again, they are going to get rich how? From selling to others with comparable gear already? Not likely....from other players not able to get to their tier of expertise? Once again not likely... in fact, the only ones that might be able to afford what the crafter is going to have to charge is: Wallet Warriors....and when you think about it, they can get stuff straight from the zen store or from the other stuff non-crafters will loot.

I hope this backfires really hard. I think this will turn into one of those cases where the price will tank because the difference between mastercraft items and the other available options isn't big enough to justify a high price.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    dodgododgo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 870 Arc User

Masterwork Professions need to be de-coupled from Strongholds, and SH weapons need to be available regardless of GH and Market Ranks. The Explorer's Guild requirement should be totally removed. That would make everyone happy.

or just change the title from D&D to guildhalls and HEs

• Options
    eldeskaleldeskal Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited November 2015

[...] the need to sacrifice a boon structure slot just for Masterwork professions [...]

*sigh*

I was somewhat smug reading this, thinking my guild would probably reach rank 12 while mod 8 is still active...but the need to spend a boon plot to enable masterwork crafting---that means I'll never see this content either.

As someone from a reasonably high-ranked guild, who has advanced 6 professions to rank 25, I'm somewhat disappointed. This after I had come to the forums to applaud finally adding a second dimension to game-play.

[edit - just noticed that I'll still be able to do the masterwork quests, so long as I can buy the ultra-rare resources; this is a little happier, but I just can't imagine anyone spending a boon plot for this. Not with the amount of work and Zen it has taken an active guild of 150 people just to get as far as we have.

In all seriousness, to get the explorer's guild, a guild of 150 people would have to sacrifice a shared resource (boon plot) they had all worked for months to obtain, to enable perhaps 5% of the guild to pursue their passion.]
  • Options
    scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    question for the devs

are the masterwork amulets going to come with a unique appearance? (currently on preview they do not). that could be a nice addition to them since they are not really worth making otherwise (a blue artifact amulet is better statwise, yes it is missing an enchant slot, but the art amulet also has a special ability like extra AP gain). If these masterwork amulets had a unique appearance it would be a good reason to make and purchase them :)
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • Options
    gwalaplothgwalaploth Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 44 Arc User
    I had really been looking forward to this but now it looks like I either have to leave my guild or most likely never be able to enjoy it. This design concept really sucks and it should be open to all your advanced craftsmen, not just those that belong to the big guilds. A big thumbs down on this limitation. Allowing us peons to participate by doing minor bit work is just a slap in the face.
  • Options
    mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    In order to unlock masterwork recipes a player must be a member of a guild with a stronghold guildhall of at least rank 12. At that point players with at least one profession at rank 25 will receive a quest from The Master of Coin to speak with a new contact, “The Artisan.” In order to unlock new recipes for a given profession players will have to undertake a series of quests for that profession that puts their crafting abilities to the test.

There is a few things from this post that stands out:
    1. Small guilds are not welcome
    2. Bigger guilds get a way to earn more AD
    3. Winter festival is on its way back
    Small guilds are not welcome
    With more than 50% of Guild standing at less than level 6 that means that more than 50%, the fast majority of guilds, will not be able to use the Masterwork Professions until after the mod that is release after underdark.

WHAT LEVEL IS YOUR GUILD'S STRONGHOLD?

Bigger guilds get a way to earn more AD

Even though bigger guild find it easier to get the necessary ad to upgrade stronghold related item. They get given an opportunity to earn extra AD with the BOE policy of Masterwork Professions. This will just cause the Massive divide in guilds to grow even larger.

Winter festival is on its way back
    The only positive item I got from this blog post that was clearly directed toward less than half the guilds out there is that the winter festival is on its way. So i better get out the old fishing poll and dust it off

As a side note i noticed level 0 black ice shaping does that mean black ice shaping is now worthless?
    Post edited by mynaam on
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• Options
    badgerpants999badgerpants999 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 70 Arc User
    Well, I'll be looking for a high level guild to ply my wares at, just need a few more professions to 25 to max it all out, glad there is now a point to professions, you just need to revamp leadership so it's not totally confused, and give us more AD already
  • Options
    inyawayupdeepinyawayupdeep Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 206 Arc User
    Boo masterworks professions Booo
    Just when I thought you had turned a corner and we're going really trying to make this game better you pull this, very disappointed in you for this, professions were broken bad enough without you doing this. Many of us have done everything we could to be top level crafters in the game and every time we get there you change things so we're still a little short (carrot and the stick approach).

Now you've eclipsed your previous doings and made it unobtainable for many of us in small guilds and those who are unguilded to craft anything of real worth in the game. I leveled up my professions and scraped to buy the purple tools for a purpose, where's the payoff? There isn't one, there isn't going to be one.

It's time you explained yourselves. Why exactly have you taken it upon yourselves to oppress and destroy small happy guilds? why haven't you ever told us openly your intention to do so? If you had we may have abandoned our guilds long ago, instead we holdout hoping that there will be a place at the table for us, but all you do is make things worse for us. What's your reasoning behind it? Is there reasoning behind it? Do you just not care about the effects of what you do? Please explain in detail in a fresh discussion so we can all find it and maybe have a better opinion of what your up to.
  • Options
    gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User
    asterdahl said:

j4k06s said:

I was wondering what prices you are aiming for with the new gear on AH...
    Are you going for the 1.000.000 AD mark for one of the new rings (or even more)?

How much is too much in your book?

I can't give an exact number of what sort of price we're aiming for, but the prices will definitely start quite high for these items, which is the intent. Due to basic economic mechanics though, the prices will start coming down gradually, the rate at which they do so, the rate at which more players pick up masterwork recipes, that's where we plan to monitor closely.

How much of the Masterwork professions will be dependent on new tools/assets that will come out of a new Lockbox?

The only method to obtain masterwork tools at this time is via quests, no new tools are being added to lockbox profession packs to accompany masterwork recipes.
    I dont get it. You get one new tool for each profession, so you can only run one slot for each with this new stuff?

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

• Options
    jenniann27jenniann27 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    so you have to be in a guild just to access masterwork seems a little unfair, I have been away from Neverwinter for a year just came back, not in a guild and am leveling up a toon to 70 and because i am not in a guild i dont get access to this? Seems like you guys are trying hard to alienate players that don't have tons of time or Money to play the game.
  • Options
    hfleethfleet Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    * DEV'S - Please Read:
    * Separate this from Strongholds!!!
  • Options
    treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Im going to be honest, i could not care less about this, the new dusk and drowcraft equipment obtainable with elixir and then "elementaled" has similar stats and still as set bonus (the one in the picture doesnt), So, for short resume:

Weapons: Twisted, great bonus if set;
    Some pieces of Dusk equipment will be cheap as hell in tradebar store, Drowcraft a bit more hard working, to make it elemental it should not be much more expensive than dragonflight, not to mention that the "mount and companion afinity" of the underdark (the 2 ballons eggs) is a complete HAMSTER, 30% max stamina regeneration and that weapeon damage adition, instead 4000 arm pen or 25% Ap regenration after dailie, it makes elemental dragonflight as good as drowcraft and dusk exept for demon creatures, those mounts are abusivelly high priced, im never seeing one in my life, but some players already have all of this ;
    Shirt and pants: Im tottaly going for them because i like the set healing for the team;
    Cloak and Belt, i have one of the best sets in the game, why do i want new profession ones that i'm almost 100% sure to be worse?
    It remains rings, Personalized admant IL is 135, i wonder how better will be the new ones with 140.

• Options
    darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    I think they gated the masterwork professions to stronhold because this way bots cant farm the materials.

Small guilds that wont ever have a high SH can make the Explorer's Guild and sell the materials to Crafters that are in a big guild with advanced SH that will never make Explorer's Guild sacrificing a boon structure.

Being obligated to select a boon structure or Explorer's Guild is very bad design. It makes players sad.
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • Options
    edited November 2015

I think they gated the masterwork professions to stronhold because this way bots cant farm the materials.

Small guilds that wont ever have a high SH can make the Explorer's Guild and sell the materials to Crafters that are in a big guild with advanced SH that will never make Explorer's Guild sacrificing a boon structure.

Being obligated to select a boon structure or Explorer's Guild is very bad design. It makes players sad.

Bots will form a guild and simply upgrade it faster than normal players since it is easy to have 150 bots running 24/7 farming and donating then they will be the only ones selling these items messing up the economy all over again

They might even sell the guild once at a certain level
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    scathias said:

ghoulz66 said:

I don't feel any incentive to fork over a dime after wasting 40-60 minutes of my time doing siege pvp and getting no reward at the end.

you do know that you need to get 200 points in order to get a reward from siege pvp right?
    And how the hell do I get 200 points if I'm immediately slaughtered by 3-4k BiS players who are already wearing their lionsmane?

• Options
    mynaam said:

Bots will form a guild and simply upgrade it faster than normal players since it is easy to have 150 bots running 24/7 farming and donating then they will be the only ones selling these items messing up the economy all over again

Nope. Bots will ever waste their ADs in a stronhold they can just lose by being banned. Even if they arent banned they wont spend ADs just to produce items to sell for ADs. Is just idiotic.

They arent idiots and Cryptic did this just to combat bots and I think they will be succesfull in that thing. But legit players in small guilds or no guild will be afected too.
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
  • Options
    rapo973rapo973 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 831 Arc User
    I'm in a small guild. Level of interest = 0.

Oltreverso guild leader
    Maga Othelma - DC | Svalvolo - SW | Dente Avvelenato- GWF
  • Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    "All non-event professions other than black ice shaping and leadership will receive new masterwork recipes."

Erm, why are those new tools needed for those new masterwork recipes not coming from Leadership tasks?
    Or what about at least improving Leadership tasks with Stronghold Vouchers as rewards?

Leadership is a broken profession, and you could have used this masterwork system to repair the damage...
    But looks like that is not going to happen.

So what will happen to Leadership?
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options

mynaam said:

Nope. Bots will ever waste their ADs in a stronhold they can just lose by being banned. Even if they arent banned they wont spend ADs just to produce items to sell for ADs. Is just idiotic.

They arent idiots and Cryptic did this just to combat bots and I think they will be succesfull in that thing. But legit players in small guilds or no guild will be afected too.
    they used ad in profession to get the resources to do ad farming.

• Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User

mynaam said:

That is not even far fetched, i have seen bots with guild tags...
    And even if a bot gets banned, the guild itself will still be there, and they could use "regular" accounts for masterwork crafting.
    They can't start banning "players" for being in a certain guild...
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    scathias said:

no, you absolutely need the explorers guild, otherwise you can't get the explorers charts that make it so that you can go find the extra rare resources they created for masterworks

And this is the ridiculous part of the whole process, they should have announced this weeks ago, or you'll get a guild like ours that has to wait another 4 levels of guildhall for a new boon plot or trash an expensively built boon building if they want to take part.

Give a free (or relatively cheaply/easily unlockable/purchasable) extra boon plot please usable only for an explorers guild (or something else if you have one already) otherwise any guilds that got this info leaked will have a huge advantage for their crafters and make a killing.

• Options
    mynaam said:

they used ad in profession to get the resources to do ad farming.
    That was different. They could create ADs DIRECTLY and in a way that is hard to be flagged as a bot. With the masterwork materials they must spend ADs to create items that must be sold for ADs, and that is much more risky for them as lots of bots are detected by the AH.

You cant stop bots, but you can make things harder and less profitable for them and thats why Cryptic is doing this. I am not saying this is good for the players, I am just saying WHY did they gated masterwork resoures behind the Stronhold.
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
  • Options
    moradinallfathermoradinallfather Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 66 Arc User
    Dyed in the wool crafter, solo player, in tiny guild level 1, NO buildings. This content will only make me angry and frustrated. Used to spend money, but that was when I was HAPPY with how the game was going. I had 12 alts, all maxed leadership. Hours and hours and big bucks spent. One "fix" and those alts all have an all but useless skill. Now this? Insult to injury.

Sentence fragments=anger.
  • Options
    kemi1984kemi1984 Member Posts: 849 Arc User
    No way I'm investing time and resources for something that requires so much work for some little return.
    We're already past the mark when the game is really easy PVE wise. What's the reason to make it even more trivial ?

Hard to not agree that gating this new feature behind some serious SH investment is a terrible idea.
    I would rather push these dev resources to create a content for majority of the players (dungeons anyone? no?) rather than feeding the whale guilds with something that will probably be seeked only by other wales to have an advantage in PVP.

As said, SH gear is more than enough to beat all PVE content, so again I ask, why bother?

Cheers
    Nancy - Dragonborn, SM Guardian Fighter
    A proud member of "mythical horde of DPS GFs"

1). Is SW more dps or tank based?
    2). Yes. I am panzer!
    3). Get ACT if you want to celebrate your epeen.
    4). Horniness will not stand between me and what I believe - "MM"
  • Options
    randomhateforumsrandomhateforums Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    Really? More Guild trash? The current system is a joke and forcing people into it just to access the next wave is pathetic. With the Underdark I thought they may have gotten a clue and started moving back in the right direction but looks like I was wrong.

"
    In order to unlock masterwork recipes a player must be a member of a guild with a stronghold guildhall of at least rank 12.
    "