What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Additional Astral Diamond Sources

Comments

• Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    The way you earn AD is part of the problem.. we actually can make less a hour now then we did (just playing the game) while all of our leadership AD was removed at the same time, and the only REAL costing adjustments done was to refining stone bazaar costs. I could easily (if I wanted to ) make 7-8 k AD in a skirm hour spamming dread ring or master of the hunt in a skirm hour. I really didnt love the DESIGNATED time to do things though and I always though allowing us to do what we wanted was the best route, but I didnt know they would remove up to half of the AD we could make while doing them.. Since mod 6 , key system has been broken, as it now costs more (or can) then then to run a DD to buy one. In the old (mod 5) system , the keys would be nothing worse then breaking even.

Costing is still a major issue (probably) the biggest in game. From everything (SH dontations, Boons, offhands, professions, companions) ect.

The other issue is you basically cant make much AD below 70 now and boon costs are ridiculous, I made it a point not to move AD to my paladin just to see how hard it is and you will have to stop playing regular progression, to go out of your way to make AD now.. There are days I cant do the stupid boons (unless I also stop grinding AD on my other 70s) just to make enough AD to get the next boon (boo)

Sort of silly. This change will help (some) new players, existing players should be pretty (meh) to this, its sort of a redundant issue. I wouldn't call it bad, just not great and definitely , not the biggest issue (we need to get that costing fixed!)

They are throwing pebbles at a boulder and trying to figure out why the player base is still upset.

• Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited October 2015

The other issue is you basically cant make much AD below 70 now and boon costs are ridiculous, I made it a point not to move AD to my paladin just to see how hard it is and you will have to stop playing regular progression, to go out of your way to make AD now.. There are days I cant do the stupid boons (unless I also stop grinding AD on my other 70s) just to make enough AD to get the next boon (boo)

That's one thing I don't understand about this game. Basically everything is aimed at level 70 players and if you're below 70 you're stuck with nothing until you grind out EE. Heck, mods 7 and 8 have basically nothing for you if you aren't 70. And even when you hit 70 you aren't at the point where you can even start to complete the campaign areas. It's like they're deliberately trying to make people burn out before 70 so they don't realize how massive the amounts of RP, EXP and AD are needed to progress after 70.

I mean ffs Underdark is a perfect mod to actually try to draw new players in but they basically made a bunch of level 70 HEs and a 2500 ilvl raid. Hopefully there's at least something for players below 70 because otherwise it seems like a wasted opportunity.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    Which is why I said man times, dread ring and sharandar should've been left at 60 zones, make iwd a 65 zone and then wod 70.. (ALSO remove costing for boons)

bam. Plenty to do for a new player and its not above thier heads as it is now.

The whole changeover really screwed progression pacing in this game.

• Options
    feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    If you actually want players to be rewarded for playing the game and not merely get on their nerves for forcing them into unwanted grinds with minimal rewards, there is an obvious solution. Every endgame quest should reward AD up to the daily cap. I suggested this on day 1 of the leadership nerf. It lets players choose which content to play. It does not insult their intelligence. It does not require them to grind zones and dungeons they are tired of. But the last time I saw the dev team take a good, obvious suggestion and implement it was....?
  • Options
    urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    I noticed a blurb about getting 3K AD for completing some weeklys.

When will this start?

I have run the stated quest and no AD

Thanks

Urlord
  • Options
    faredawg1faredawg1 Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    So this is my first chance to test this out. Ive done Dread Ring and AR and didnt get any AD for completion. Is this not in game yet?
  • Options
    shurato2099shurato2099 Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    faredawg1 said:

So this is my first chance to test this out. Ive done Dread Ring and AR and didnt get any AD for completion. Is this not in game yet?

Nope, not yet. Could be any time between Thursday and whenever Underdark launches.
  • Options
    myles08807myles08807 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 409 Arc User
    I just killed my weekly shot at Arcane Reservoir and got no AD. It would be nice if they announced a start date.
  • Options
    faredawg1faredawg1 Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    Ok Thank you
  • Options
    urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    YEP

That's why I ask here someone knows for sure... just not me

Urlord
  • Options
    psistarprimepsistarprime Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    Best bet is to hold off until the weekly maintenance and see if there is a patch. Then read the patch notes to see if it has been implemented.
  • Options
    They have ignored pretty much EVERYthing suggested.

I would agree 100%, EVERY completion should be just 2k.. (dds still would offer the best return due to salvage) do a quest 2k , do a dd 2k, do a match 2k.. up to 24..

At 24k you just get turned off.. but DOING dailies then would be GOOD.. and at least semi rewarding..

• Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    It will be mentioned in a patch note when they're ready to go live with it. I wouldn't hand in any weeklies until after knowing one way or the other, for now.

I agree that an actual start date would be welcome though, instead of just "soon", but they may not really know when they'll be able to push a build.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    nogete#8587 nogete Member Posts: 1 New User
    yo
  • Options
    goldmoon#5670 goldmoon Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    Mod didn't close this thread?

This is trolling
  • Options
    lwedarlwedar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 790 Arc User
    good start, ready to hear more!
    "we all love this game and want it to thrive"
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User

It will be mentioned in a patch note when they're ready to go live with it. I wouldn't hand in any weeklies until after knowing one way or the other, for now.

I agree that an actual start date would be welcome though, instead of just "soon", but they may not really know when they'll be able to push a build.

And then you're missing out on weeklies until it hits. Could be tomorrow or a month from now : |
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    lucadamingolucadamingo Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    I'm so happy I spent my entire 20 million on adventurers and Hero's!I haven't played in a few months,I see nothing has changed.I can't believe I spent so much time on this game even after getting screwed so many times.They ruined this game with greed.
  • Options
    crizpynutzcrizpynutz Member Posts: 349 Arc User
    Things like upgrading a companion, etc. need to be looked at. It's a massive sink to need 750k - 1m AD these days just to upgrade a single companion. A way to earn a little more AD by playing and a retool of more of the sinks that require AD and the balance would be bearable.

BTW, please bring back some dungeons.
  • Options
    luks707luks707 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    I don't understand why you announce this and then don't implement the change. The same counts with the PVP change to companion bonuses. There needs to be clarity. Surely you can schedule these things or at least set a target (which I would hope exists internally).
    It remains HARDER to get rAD from playing the game than before the changes. This is quite silly!
  • Options
    rogerdtaterogerdtate Member Posts: 46 Arc User

They have ignored pretty much EVERYthing suggested.

I would agree 100%, EVERY completion should be just 2k.. (dds still would offer the best return due to salvage) do a quest 2k , do a dd 2k, do a match 2k.. up to 24..

At 24k you just get turned off.. but DOING dailies then would be GOOD.. and at least semi rewarding..

I agree , except they should not "turn it off" they should allow a person to earn as much as they can play.
    If a person can only play one day a week they should still have the ability to earn as much as that days play time allowed.
    If a player is able to play 8 hours a day everyday then they should also earn as much as the play time allows.
    Earn what you earn !!
    Each player should be awarded for how much they put into the game, both play time and cash.
  • Options
    seventhpillarseventhpillar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 216 Arc User
    kalindra said:

luks707 said:

I don't understand why you announce this and then don't implement the change.

...that's just to compensate for all the sudden, unannounced, undocumented changes, like LD nerf, slowing down the mounts, Arpen on, off an on again, the Dragonhoard nerf, etc.

I'm not surprised on how slow the inplementation for it. Just remember, leadership and dragon fang nerf came in fast because it is beneficial for them but for any changes that would benefit the user, they will slow roll it as much as they can because it is not that important to them. Remember, when I asked if any of them played foreal, none of them came back with even one answer. Goes to show they don't understand the frustrations we are having because they don't feel it first hand. I would like to think so otherwise but really now, they have not shown otherwise. I have never seen such disregard from devs on any other games. Most game devs love feedback and they implement them ASAP especially if they know it would improve the QOL of players. In here, seems like everyone is wearing blinders and essentially zero (f)[ph]ucks given!
  • Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    At this point i'm just wondering,
    who is in charge of those changes,
    and how could that person be contacted?
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    mattsacremattsacre Member Posts: 330 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    It's a corporation people....there are good and there are bad corporations, this is one of the bad.
    Everyone has to eat and pay bills, what makes the Dev's any different? They clock in each day and do what they are told to do by their supervisor, they don't do that they soon are unemployed. The supervisors have supervisors, they don't get work product out of their charges in a timely fashion and on budget, they too are unemployed. It's not the Dev's fault or the supervisors, they just want to work and make enough to live on. It's an unfortunate part of their job that everyone vilifies them and blames them for what they can't help. It does no more good to blame them for everything, than it does to rant at counter help or the cooks at a fast food joint for the high prices, they don't set the prices, they just clock in and do their shift and pray, there is enough cash left over after the government takes it's cut to pay the bills.

So corporations are only as good as the people in charge (or lack there of.) Some companies work product speaks for itself, while even the best ones have detractors, when the consensus is mostly positive then they are considered a "good" company. Consider Apple and all it's fans, it's sales tend to speak for itself, they and Samsung almost own all the cell market.

Most companies that are considered "bad" or "mediocre" tend to have a far greater PR department or blogging presence in comparison by percentage to other companies. Consider the huge blogging effort and PR step up of NW/Arc...they are slipping and at best are considered "mediocre". They have committed (perhaps over committed) to a development schedule by their backers that has them rolling out module after module with little or no resources being available to debug and fix back content.

The recent changes to AD and other things are a attempt to monetize the game more, they simply find themselves between a rock and a hard place. Due to their roll out commitment, they have no resources left over to fix, so how to get the money to get more personnel and resources? You got to wring out some money somehow to do so, thus the recent changes. But that puts you in a catch 22, to get the money you got to wring out more, but wringing out more you anger the players to the point they spend less.

So how to stem the tide of defections? PR, big PR... you got to bring the likes of R.A. Salvatore, you got to have a 3 blog or more a week posts that amount to "see we are doing something and not throwing pizza parties", you have to have the exec producer do interviews with tech journals etc. you have to have Dev leads etc. make promise posts of "it's coming we are working on it, just hang on." All of which amounts to "we are all good, nothing bad, rah rah rah" . All of this, every bit, is a can we just hang on, play? It's CorpSpeak, for can we hang on long enough over here with this hand, distracting people long enough, to weather what we have to, while the other hand hopefully gets the time and money to actually do something before it all falls apart.
  • Options
    seventhpillarseventhpillar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 216 Arc User
    mattsacre said:

It's a corporation people....there are good and there are bad corporations, this is one of the bad.
    Everyone has to eat and pay bills, what makes the Dev's any different? They clock in each day and do what they are told to do by their supervisor, they don't do that they soon are unemployed. The supervisors have supervisors, they don't get work product out of their charges in a timely fashion and on budget, they too are unemployed. It's not the Dev's fault or the supervisors, they just want to work and make enough to live on. It's an unfortunate part of their job that everyone vilifies them and blames them for what they can't help. It does no more good to blame them for everything, than it does to rant at counter help or the cooks at a fast food joint for the high prices, they don't set the prices, they just clock in and do their shift and pray, there is enough cash left over after the government takes it's cut to pay the bills.

So corporations are only as good as the people in charge (or lack there of.) Some companies work product speaks for itself, while even the best ones have detractors, when the consensus is mostly positive then they are considered a "good" company. Consider Apple and all it's fans, it's sales tend to speak for itself, they and Samsung almost own all the cell market.

Most companies that are considered "bad" or "mediocre" tend to have a far greater PR department or blogging presence in comparison by percentage to other companies. Consider the huge blogging effort and PR step up of NW/Arc...they are slipping and at best are considered "mediocre". They have committed (perhaps over committed) to a development schedule by their backers that has them rolling out module after module with little or no resources being available to debug and fix back content.

The recent changes to AD and other things are a attempt to monetize the game more, they simply find themselves between a rock and a hard place. Due to their roll out commitment, they have no resources left over to fix, so how to get the money to get more personnel and resources? You got to wring out some money somehow to do so, thus the recent changes. But that puts you in a catch 22, to get the money you got to wring out more, but wringing out more you anger the players to the point they spend less.

So how to stem the tide of defections? PR, big PR... you got to bring the likes of R.A. Salvatore, you got to have a 3 blog or more a week posts that amount to "see we are doing something and not throwing pizza parties", you have to have the exec producer do interviews with tech journals etc. you have to have Dev leads etc. make promise posts of "it's coming we are working on it, just hang on." All of which amounts to "we are all good, nothing bad, rah rah rah" . All of this, every bit, is a can we just hang on, play? It's CorpSpeak, for can we hang on long enough over here with this hand, distracting people long enough, to weather what we have to, while the other hand hopefully gets the time and money to actually do something before it all falls apart.

No one is discounting them in need of making money, but there is a smarter way of doing thing without angering the masses and force players to leave or others boycott and not buy products. First and foremost, if you make the "micro" transactions to really be micro, then people are more apt to buy them. There are many examples on how things can be done smartly but inputs from community are oftentimes ignored. So yeah, no. Not giving them a pass on this. Product can be old and people still shell out money if the price is right. Just look at Team Fortress 2 or Counter-Strike GO. Do you need any of those stupid vanity HAMSTER? Not at all but people shell out money for it because they are affordable for digital items that are not tangible. Not $35 for a mount or $25 for a single companion. Remember, 1player buying $25 companion is not as good as 100 players buying $5 companion.
  • Options
    theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    You don't want a real economist, you want someone who specializes in game economics. Some assumptions made in both, say, Keynesian and Austrian economics really don't make a whole lot of sense in an MMO environment.
  • Options
    melodicahmelodicah Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    I'm going to waste my keystrokes to comment on this as well.

The AD sinks in the game should have been changed when the changes to leadership went live. Not weeks or months (or never in the case of some) afterwards.

-Professions - Why does it cost 100,000 diamonds to make an armor pack?
    -Boons - It costs something like 60k to complete the Dread Ring boons. Then you have to add on Sharandar, WoD, Icewind Dale, etc etc.
    -Appearance changes - Unless you have one of the freebie appearance items, you're going to pay out the booty to make your fugly beaked hat look like something presentable.
    -Strongholds - This doesn't affect me much as I'm in a tiny guild, so we know we'll never get anywhere. However, I think the cost to do anything to them is ridiculous, as is the fact that no small guild can succeed. Way to alienate part of your playerbase!

You've got way too many AD sinks in a game that no longer has the ability to create the currency at that level. Like someone else said, time to hire an economist, because you're doing it all wrong. I really like this game, and I've spent a fair amount of $$ on Zen to buy items, but if things don't change, I'm going to find another game to play. This is just not really worth it anymore.
This discussion has been closed.