test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Additional Astral Diamond Sources

Comments

• xreverusxxreverusx Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    Still, as said above (adorabell) "Better than nothing" ; )
  • uncagedwaruncagedwar Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Will you be bringing these changes to the xbox? It 's tough to get a group together that can finish a dungeon and takes forever just to get 5 people together we need AD added to dailies badly and an increase in the amount that can be refined each day. I use to make enough ad a day that it would take a month to refine it all but with the changes to armor picked up in dungeons now being BOP its impossible to make that much ad anymore that and the fact its harder to get a good PUG I cant put together enough ad to buy a gmop ay the end of the week its sad. Even sadder is the fact i paid for 8 months of vip ; (
  • zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    thats ok, but....

1 - pass the "linus favor" of "rewards for the hoard" to " Reclaiming the Horde" (give to the previous something more in line).

2 - some reward to Biggrin’s Tomb.

do that terribles quests just for ad is... well...

• sabre10sabre10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    goatshark said:

Hey everyone, Scott here today with a quick note about Astral Diamond sources. As you know, we recently made a change to increase the AD players earn via queued content. We know that players can’t always participate in that content, so we are looking at more ways to get AD into your hands. These first changes will be coming very soon.

Each of the following weekly quests will reward 3000 Rough AD upon completion:
    * Arcane Reservoir (Sharandar)
    * The Red Wizards (Dread Ring)
    * Biggrin’s Tomb (Icewind Dale)
    * Reclaiming the Horde (Tyranny of Dragons)
    * Protecting the Portal (Harper Boward, Tyranny of Dragons)

It’s important to note that this is not meant to be your sole source of AD, but rather a way to begin supplementing earn rates.

We are weighing additional options for Astral Diamond sources, and will continue to watch what players are earning.

Scott Shicoff
    Lead Designer

Scott, whilst I appreciate the gesture.... it feels exactly like that, a gesture.
    This is an additional 15k rAD for the week in the context of unadjusted AD sinks throughout the game.
    Frankly, given the amount of time that you guys have had to assess the data this move is woefully insufficient.

As per your suggestion that any change increased the AD players earn via queued, do you actually believe your own fallacy?

How very disappointing

aDXr4Ur.png
    Civil Anarchy Officer
    Fabled Alliance
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    Like mentioned before, for super casuals, this isnt bad, but for the rest of us, its wholly insufficient. Its a pretty empty gesture overall and we still are back to square 1. Why do even log into the game ?

Brutal honest question.. are we really having fun at this point?

• golkaxgolkax Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    This is what I hear: "I realize that many of you are starving, so we will be distributing sticks of sugarfree gum..."
  • vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    Scott where is the victory pvp quest? when it will be back?
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    :|

The problem with these changes is that the only way any of the new AD rewards scale well enough is if you have alts that can run them. For dungeons this is fine because you can just run three mans at ~20 minutes per character. But not everyone has a pile of level 70 alts and even if they did they're not going to run all the campaign quests. Even on one character this is easily about an hour between walking and finishing the quests. And you pretty much have to be around 2.2-2.5k to solo any of this.

It seems to me like they're trying to scale back the AD you can earn by no-lifeing the game and people with limited amounts of time get punished for it. Heck, this is one of the few MMOs where I feel like after I've done a couple of hours of playing it just stops being rewarding. I'll run ~six three man dungeons, reset my professions, do my DR lair and just log off.

Adding AD to weekly quests just increases this problem. They need to add an AD source that you can complete as many times as you want with a reasonable duration and difficulty. Just increasing AD from dungeons and skirmishes would be a good step but they really need to stop trying to make us re-run content like these quests. I don't want to walk all over the place turning in quests and doing the same HAMSTER over and over again for a pittance.

And if you aren't going to give us more AD at least just add more quests that let us progress our characters. I run DR lairs every day because they are rewarding. They need to try to replicate that in other areas and stop just slapping 3k AD on random things no one wants to run again.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • mattsacremattsacre Member Posts: 330 Arc User

And if your not high enough to do any of this content you are basically stuck doing the same old stuff that takes at times ages to que for.

Put my lvl 50ish paladin on and 1 hour later I was still in a que for PVP. Then when I get to level 60-69 there will be even less to do. Also dungeon chests are bugged where they wont open.

So much potential, let down even more now

Run normal (3-man) Temple of Spiders twice: 6300 rAD and at least 6 pieces of blue gear you can put on the AH, or use to refine your gear, or donate to your SH coffers. If the chest won't open, it just means you don't get an extra piece of blue gear.

I have never had to wait longer than 30 seconds for the queue to pop, and a typical run takes 7 minutes. The longest run I've done is 10 minutes with two sub-70 people who killed every single group, the shortest are under 5 minutes.

And once again the point is lost on you.......
    Go do this that and the other and you will be set.....
    The problem being, This=we hate to do, That=we hate to do. The Other=we loath.

Good you found your solution for you it's not for us.

I see that he is at least communicating about it...good, nice to see for a change.
    It is however, too little to late on the 'fix" as usual.

It ignores as usual the other 89.3% that aren't L70 and at end content. You know, the ones that actually need the AD to fit out as they lvl, not the ones that can sit at end content and farm for their AD. (I'm not ignoring the fact that loot of late sucks guys and chests are bugged etc.) I just stating the reality that there are some sources at end content for some AD. That if you don't run the pr-approved grindfest tested 3 paths for AD (pvp/dungeon/skirmish) that once again we get shat upon.

I know it's hard to tear themselves away from important pizza parties and "future content deadline push" drudgery. But how about a "small" it don't have to be huge! 100AD here, 200AD there for EVERYTHING done. Do a quest, get the traditional rewards and a 100AD, run a skirmish get 200AD, endure it twice? Twice as nice 400AD up to daily cap.

Same goes for everything, dungeon? Actual good loot that is either refine-able or trade-able and the same trickle of 100-300AD, doubling ea time for enduring the grind up to a daily cap. Same for pvp, endure it once get a AD amount, endure it twice, twice as nice, grit your teeth and breath the toxins? Thrice the nice! Until cap.

If you did this, a little trickle for everything done, it would not lock people into doing things they hate, every play style would get rewarded, they wouldn't feel "punished" just to get some AD doing something they hate. It would achieve something you Dev's said you wanted! That people actually play. for their AD, not grind and thus hate the game, not have to get invoke bots or node loot bots, not profession set and then log off for another MMO.

If you would trickle the AD in for everything, and then eliminate ALL the sinks, yes that's the professions sinks (you are "sinking" in the resources already, why the AD?), the boons sinks (you have to gather all the other campaign currencies and do the actual time sink...why the AD?), ALL the AD sinks with the exception of durable fixed costs, like MoP/GMoP etc.

You would go a real long way to eliminating the frustrations and gripes of players, they would see that they actually were working towards whatever their goals are, in regards to AD needs, that there was a light at the end. That they didn't have to go through game stuff they hated to do so and thus feel "ground" down by grinds.

Doing it this way with the "trickles", you wouldn't have to overthink how to "adjust" it for lvls or what content should get more or less, you wouldn't have to field the grief from those that feel it isn't "balanced", it happened "automatic" that they got AD for things they were going to do anyway, they wouldn't have to obsess over, do I do this or do I do that? Well this gives more AD, *sigh* I hate that, but I guess I need the AD I'll have to "endure" it.

It would be so lvl balance-able. A L70 gets 100-200AD for a quest/skirmish/dungeon etc? Then a L10 get 10% (10-20 AD), a L20 20% a L30 30% and so on. All with a daily cap, the low lvl player who has 1 character could play all day to get to the cap. The L70 could play a hour or so and reach the cap, the L70 is far more likely to have alts, if they got the time to sink into play beyond a couple of hours, this wouldn't punish them, they would log the alt and do some time with them etc.

To me, ad creation is fine, if they would just be reasonable about costing.. it appears they wont be.. Im rolling up my sleeves today and putting on my punching gear.

• urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    mattsacre said:

And if your not high enough to do any of this content you are basically stuck doing the same old stuff that takes at times ages to que for.

Put my lvl 50ish paladin on and 1 hour later I was still in a que for PVP. Then when I get to level 60-69 there will be even less to do. Also dungeon chests are bugged where they wont open.

So much potential, let down even more now

Run normal (3-man) Temple of Spiders twice: 6300 rAD and at least 6 pieces of blue gear you can put on the AH, or use to refine your gear, or donate to your SH coffers. If the chest won't open, it just means you don't get an extra piece of blue gear.

I have never had to wait longer than 30 seconds for the queue to pop, and a typical run takes 7 minutes. The longest run I've done is 10 minutes with two sub-70 people who killed every single group, the shortest are under 5 minutes.

And once again the point is lost on you.......
    Go do this that and the other and you will be set.....
    The problem being, This=we hate to do, That=we hate to do. The Other=we loath.

Good you found your solution for you it's not for us.

Eh. If running a three man dungeon for 10-20 minutes isn't for you then you probably should just stop playing the game.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    Erm, why not add 3k rAD to every daily quest, and then just let the player decide which one they want to do for the extra rAD per day?
    The 24k AD limit per character and day is still in place, so what is the holdup on more improvements to the "AD Changes" here?
    This AD change right here, isn't going to change that much at all...

And as mentioned in the other threads, could we please get Stronghold Vouchers into the former rAD slots of Leadership too?
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • deuceriderdeucerider Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12 Arc User
    Another slap in the face! Reduce the sinks already!

Another slap in the face! Reduce the sinks already!

Amen brother..

• deuceriderdeucerider Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12 Arc User
    The people who made this change are the same ones that tip 1 dollar when their bill is over $100. CHEAP A** Mo Fos
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    These changes *may* make running the weekly quests worthwhile, now, but you still need to address the dailies. Especially once you've unlocked all the boons, they're not worth the time.

What you guys need to do is to step back, look at all the older content, and ask yourself "If I had 1 hour to play a day, what would i spend it on". If the answer only boils down to a dungeon or skirmish, then you need to reexamine the other content.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    Return the Greater Marks to the Dread Ring. (You still have Knox's promises listed anyway.)
    This would cut down the cost of upgrades. I've run Dread Ring a lot and got one Greater Union Mark...
    I need 12.
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • khaymanbbkhaymanbb Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 48 Arc User
    It's all horsepucky. With AD being the most common currency in this game, there needs to be many more ways to acquire it. EVERY daily should give some sort of AD. With 3 or 4 in each level (DR, IWD, SH, WoD), at maybe 1k each, that would be a nice way to increase your AD stores as well as give non-pvp players a way to earn it. You can't do multiple dailies every day, once you do one its done until tomorrow. This also forces players to do each daily, in each zone, and will increase the player base. I know I'd get up an hour early if I knew I had to complete all the dailies in Sharandar each day (there's what, 12?).
  • instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    This is a great start, Scott. Thank you!
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • lilrastalilrasta Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 17 Arc User
    thx for trying and open your AD pocket abit ...i know it was hard since it took ya a month ...

here is a thought for the next month:

need to look at the whole AD prices around ...boons,companion upgrade,SH donation(AD) and the last but not least changing apperance (50k AD a piece)!!

• coldcanukcoldcanuk Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Thank you for the pittance. It really is not anywhere near replacing what we lost due to your inability to control your game. Plus it basically does NOTHING for those below level 70, so its really not much of a give to anyone that truly needs the AD to help grow their characters. Nice try and appreciate the attempt...But its a Fail.. sorry
  • novakk1novakk1 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    This is another big HAMSTER you for the player base.
    Goodbye from my wallet
  • canija777canija777 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    novakk1 said:

This is another big HAMSTER you for the player base.
    Goodbye from my wallet

Exactly.

• thelastmusketeerthelastmusketeer Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    I'm looking more for price decreases (eg., things already mentioned in this thread - eg., AD sinks)

• mutjinninjamutjinninja Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 93 Arc User
    Mmmm just eagerly awaiting Black Desert's NA beta :). Even if you guys are in full swing with mod 8 and had 1 (and only 1) person working on this...they could have come up with more than 15k extra AD per week? Look at your forums. Look at all the ideas that percolate within MINUTES of your posts. These are so common sense, it's ludicrous. Cutting AD sinks now that you've cut AD. Cutting SH requirements since it takes 56m to rank a GH up to 20...that's a stupid amount for having next to no AD income if you're not playing NW like it's your job. 50% reductions across the board and a higher AD refine cap plus more than a pittance of AD for our efforts are what is needed. This change is almost an insult. You guys had weeks and weeks. And this is it post gmop change? No sink cutting even though they're all over the place in the game? Shameful​​
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Do this for a month, yay, can afford to upgrade ONE companion. A year, if you don't have multiple characters.
  • bilitheaxe66bilitheaxe66 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    This is lame. *sighs*
This discussion has been closed.