test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Extended Maintenance 10/13 at 6am PDT

13»

Comments

• kriptical1kriptical1 Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    Same boat. After a few weeks of bad, server not responding. Things had cleared up last week. Then the ext maintenance day and while open zones seem ok instances. Particularly LOL had nasty banding, to the point where we just couldn't finish.
    Need a patch for the patch please.
  • salacious66salacious66 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    Well of Dragons still poor - game freezes for a few seconds when just riding in the zone and then the occassional freeze for 5-15 seconds when fighting the heralds when my xbox starts sounding like an electric saw.
  • kriptical1kriptical1 Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    Also, sat in que's for almost two hours yesterday while running dailies although that might be people giving up on pugs
  • deathbringer#1709 deathbringer Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    Queues are worst now for two reasons:
    1.) The system they have is horrible
    2.) No one is queuing, MAINLY because there is hardly anyone playing anymore.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited October 2015
    zebular said:

[PC] At this time, I am personally getting some serious latency when hopping through 198.49.243.253 (CRYPTIC-NET-PWNAGE-US02), which is a Cryptic registered IP. I ping between 650-810ms when I hit that IP addy and am getting some pretty heavy, but random lag spikes (rubberbanding) in game. All the other hops are within decent to awesome pings. However, when I run CrypticNetTest.exe, it constantly times out connecting to nettest server, so I cannot even run that to further troubleshoot the issue.

Not having any server not respondings, just really heavy lag in game and an insane load-time for the launcher.

I am on Comcast, 50megabit connection and in SW Florida.

Update: Blocking 198.49.243.253 at my software firewall has resolved the issue for me.

@zebular it'd be nice to hear from someone at arc/cryptic that this is being looked into, taken seriously, and there is some sort of timeline for a resolution in place.

Something has to be done before the game falls on its face. I don't want that. I enjoy this game, but the disconnects and the lag is making it anything but enjoyable at the moment.

A few people I know that were big spenders have quite because they've been unable to play the game. That's only going to continue with new games being released next month if this isn't addressed quickly.

Communicate with the community.

We've forwarded information off to IT about the server at 198.49.243.253 and they saw something they didn't like, so they are looking into it. More information as we get it.

I only suggest this if you're tech savvy, but you can try temporarily blocking 198.49.243.253 on your software or hardware firewall(s) until the issue is resolved. This may make things better, or it could very well make things worse. Try at your own risk.
  • randomdigits#2166 randomdigits Member Posts: 700 Arc User
    Is this thread still shared with PC forum?
    It does feel very confusing to an Xbox player.
    Ana Taletreader (CW) / Friend of Casual Gamers
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator

Is this thread still shared with PC forum?
    It does feel very confusing to an Xbox player.

Yes. If you're confused, just look for what the statements are about. If people are talking about ARC, Launchers, or [PC] then it's probably about the PC. It's really not that hard to tell if you look at the conversations in full.

• snoborder101snoborder101 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    Thanks for the update. I genuinely appreciate the communication.
    Ankou - CW
    Xerxes - GWF
    Eazy - DC
    Tyrian - TR
    edited October 2015
    zebular said:

Yes. If you're confused, just look for what the statements are about. If people are talking about ARC, Launchers, or [PC] then it's probably about the PC. It's really not that hard to tell if you look at the conversations in full.

Thank you for clarification.

ohh, and the arc site for Xbox still says that we are under extended maintenance- seriously 2 days later...

It doesn't, please see my post above in this thread.
    I see, so ... myfist2yourface was talking about PC... :smile: Now I get it.
    I could see blocking the ip if that was your destination, but other than that, once the packet is sent, you no longer have control where is goes from there. So if it is a hop, you're in trouble regardless unfortunately. Hopefully IT will be able to address the issue quickly.
    Ankou - CW
    Xerxes - GWF
    Eazy - DC
    Tyrian - TR
    I personally don't even understand how blocking server IP might help.
    Is this a client-side round-robin?
    Or that's an optional (but blocking) request being made by the game?

I could see blocking the ip if that was your destination, but other than that, once the packet is sent, you no longer have control where is goes from there. So if it is a hop, you're in trouble regardless unfortunately. Hopefully IT will be able to address the issue quickly.

I personally don't even understand how blocking server IP might help.
    Is this a client-side round-robin?
    Or that's an optional (but blocking) request being made by the game?

Seems to me that it is an optional hop through Cryptic's Network, as not everyone goes through it. For me, it seems that blocking it makes it time out and continue to the next hop right away instead of getting hung up on it, experiencing packet loss and high ping times. I don't know for sure though, just my personal observations blocking it, unblocking it, reblocking it, and noticing a significant improvement when it is blocked.
    Well hopefully they'll figure out the issue with that server in particular. Seems to be the cause of our woes.
    Ankou - CW
    Xerxes - GWF
    Eazy - DC
    Tyrian - TR

Well hopefully they'll figure out the issue with that server in particular. Seems to be the cause of our woes.

Yeah, I hope so too. My work-around quit working for me late last night, so I removed the block and it seemed to clear up, then came back, then cleared up, then came back and I gave up and watched my movies.
    Haven't been motivated to log on because of the lag, but decided I'd run some tracerts while working on my laptop. Still getting around the same latency(700-800ms) from the same server.
    208.95.185.41 was also experiencing some lag. Around 280ms on the higher end.
    Ankou - CW
    Xerxes - GWF
    Eazy - DC
    Tyrian - TR
This discussion has been closed.