test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Extended Maintenance 10/13 at 6am PDT

Comments

• raymond00713raymond00713 Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    Yep me too
  • underhand001underhand001 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    UPDATE: STEAM will let you log in. ARC still seems to have some type of issue and will not let you log in. UPDATE
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited October 2015
    PC Users: Just run Neverwinter.exe directly, no need to load ARC or Steam.
    Post edited by zebular on
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited October 2015

Endlessly since 7pm EST and since the server is back up

6pm PDT is 9pm EDT, not 7pm EST. Regardless, there's still some underlying issues they're working out.
  • adwelphinehasadwelphinehas Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    null

Others are online..sooo the maintenance is done....why are we not able to log in and why is this thread merged into a completed maintenance thread?
    edited October 2015

null

Others are online..sooo the maintenance is done....why are we not able to log in and why is this thread merged into a completed maintenance thread?

As I said, because there are still underlying issues (Some XBOX users are getting Server Not Responding and PC users are having issues yet with Billing and ARC logins). As for the merger, this is the relevant thread for the topic of this maintenance, no where does it say completed. Relax and be patient please.
  • zyvan1zyvan1 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    Just jumped in to enjoy the fruits of 12+ hours of network maintenance...not sure what was done, but apparently the network maintenance was done somewhere other than where the servers are for the dragon shard. It was lagging so bad I gave up. Oh well.
    My roommate in the same house and same internet can log in and play...I still get the same cant connect message..

How does this make sense?

(Yes I rebooted etc)
    null

Btw, its well past the maintenance window...so....
  • coliercolier Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 119 Arc User
    I log in using the .exe bypassing the arc launcher, everything initially was going good until 9:30PM EST. At that time I was hit with several Server Not Responding and Disconnects...this is the same exact issue lots of people were having before the 13hr maintenance.

I have tried several other games during my SNR issues and all were working with no issues. However they were not hosted by Cryptic.

For information purposes I have AT&T for my ISP. (Just for statistics if anyone is gathering)
  • nem3slsnem3sls Member Posts: 332 Arc User
    I played when servers where back up yestderday, no problems so far, no lag, no DCs, all is good to be honest. Xbox here.
    The Legendary Outlaws

maintaining HR, DC, GWF, TR, SW, CW, OP, 4 Kids and 1 wife :p Dungeon runs anyone?

Tweet me @ nem3sis_AUT
    Streaming NWXbox daily @ 7PM CEST My Twitch
    When is this for you? Worldtime Buddy

I miss you Boo :(
  • instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    It's currently 6:44am eastern.. I've been able to get three of my characters in for invokes/professions/VIP rewards... had some SNR and D/Cs, but was still able to get them in, so long as I kept trying.

However, I am unable to connect with any of my remaining 5 characters... The "loading" bar will scroll quickly to about 90%, then SNR, then D/C.

The same exact thing happened to me last night. I was able to get in with three of my characters, then 100% SNR with D/C.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • davejustdavedavejustdave Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    Why is this in the XBox forum?
  • spencer430#6694 spencer430 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    Arc is doing the best it can guys! Keep in mind they were not just fixing Neverwinter during this maintenence, but were also working on their website as well as some of the servers for their other games, Star trek online, etc. To do it all in one day just made it easier on everyone. It's something that had to be done. :)
  • shamanofsteelshamanofsteel Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    null
    That would be worth considering if some of us hadn't been reporting lag/DC issues for over a week. They have been ignoring the problem until yesterday. I have spent enough money and time on the game that I feel justified in being frustrated and angry at the lack of responsiveness from Arc (particularly when you consider some of the poor gameplay changes that have been made recently). If this has been them doing their best then their best is disappointing.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    They didn't do any sort of a patch to anything yesterday. It was all network issues. I expect that they might do a patch to fix the button issues soon.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • stpensivestpensive Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Before their maintenance announcement, they reported on Twitter that they were aware that their site was down. If I had to guess, something broke (hardware) that needed immediate attention and that was the reason for the longer than usual maintenance. With that, nothing about the gameplay (experience) would likely have changed.
  • extremerugburn#9480 extremerugburn Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    Well they didn't fix network issues either. I can barely play the game due to constant lag and the dreaded red "contacting server" messages that then lead to disconnects. Their are a lot of people suffering from this and it is on your end, please fix it. I have paid into this game quite a bit and think issues like this should be handled, especially when you have a half a day of maintenance that was supposed to fix it and didn't.

Why is this in the XBox forum?

Because that's where it was placed, for it spanned both platforms and we didn't want to have two separate thread announcements up top. The announcement link atop the forums directed to this thread regardless of forum.

• coliercolier Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Hello,
    Last night the game became unplayable for me as well. At 9:30PM EST I started getting "Server Not Responding" I decided to check other games not hosted by Cryptic/PWE...these games were DDO, LOTRO, ESO, Runes of Magic and Aion. None of these games were having the issue that Neverwinter was having.

I decided to do a tracert to patchserver.crypticstudios.com while I was experiencing the "Server Not Responding" and disconnect issues. My ISP is with AT&T

Results are as follows:

Tracing route to patchserver.crypticstudios.com [208.95.185.41]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:
    1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms dsldevice.attlocal.net [****.****.x.****] IP HIDDEN FOR SECURITY REASONS
    2 * * * Request timed out.
    3 21 ms 21 ms 21 ms 75.19.192.204
    4 24 ms 23 ms 23 ms 75.19.192.184
    5 22 ms 23 ms 23 ms 12.83.79.17
    6 31 ms 31 ms 31 ms gar13.cgcil.ip.att.net [12.122.132.121]
    7 31 ms 30 ms 30 ms chi-b21-link.telia.net [213.248.87.253]
    8 97 ms 51 ms 50 ms nyk-bb2-link.telia.net [62.115.137.34]
    9 58 ms 58 ms 58 ms bost-b1-link.telia.net [80.91.249.15]
    10 83 ms 83 ms * internap-ic-304640-bost-b1.c.telia.net [62.115.38.110]
    11 * * 82 ms border11.te7-1-bbnet1.bsn.pnap.net [63.251.128.41]
    12 * * 81 ms perfectworldent-4.border11.bsn.pnap.net [216.52.61.78]
    13 81 ms 81 ms * 198.49.243.250
    14 817 ms * * 198.49.243.253
    15 * * * Request timed out.
    16 * * * Request timed out.
    17 * * * Request timed out.
    18 * * 81 ms patchserver2.crypticstudios.com [208.95.185.41]

Trace complete.
    I forgot to add that this was on 10/13/2015 at 9:55PM EST

I am not real good with this but the original tracert was for patchserver.crypticstudios.com
    The final trace ended with patchserver2.crypticstudios.com with the same IP (Just different resolution of name)
  • randomdigits#2166 randomdigits Member Posts: 700 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Btw, if I've noticed that on one of my computers I'm still seeing "Extended Maintenance" web page when navigating through the home page UI.

Upon a quick investigation it turned out that the 301 redirect page ArcGames site used to show these messages got cached on this machine with an invalid expiration date (some garbage Unicode characters for the month part of the date) and remained in cache indefinitely.

To work around this one can either "Delete Temporary Files" or add a cache breaking token to the URL before navigating to it, e.g.
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/xbox/neverwinter/news?a
    instead of
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/xbox/neverwinter/news
    Ana Taletreader (CW) / Friend of Casual Gamers
  • thebladedpicklethebladedpickle Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I couldnt get in last night, but my hubby goes through steam and was able to get in just fine at 8 pm EST. Guess im switching to going through steam in case this happens again.
  • snoborder101snoborder101 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    lag is really bad today. Worse than it was before.
    Ankou - CW
    Xerxes - GWF
    Eazy - DC
    Tyrian - TR
  • myfist2yourfacemyfist2yourface Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    ok- maybe relating my experience will help you alleviate the problem I am having:
    the server lags badly when there is a lot of stuff to process at once and it used to make a stall/ motorboat sound for a few seconds, then usually would fix itself ...( which sucked, but was better than now...)
    -I cant count the number of times someone in our guild group has called out" MOTORBOAT!!!' to let us know to help keep him alive while the server remembers where it was...
    now: it staggers and a red script at the top says "server not responding..." and counts the seconds- for atleast 20-50 seconds, then either a crazy fast blur of me dying, or it resumes, but only for 5 seconds, then stagger ect... then it dashboards me, at which time- on reload it says - Timed Out Connecting To Server, so I try 3-4 times, then Im back on for "X" minutes- then we rinse and repeat...its sad...
    -there actually was over an hour that I played without rubberbanding or auto D/C- just one... the others were cluttered with login attempt after login attempt...
    this TOCToS issue needs to be resolved, it may be OK when im just standing in no harms way, but when it happens at the end Boss of a dungeon, I get killed without being able to fight back, and most times I have to re-run the whole dungeon/ skirmish or my instance is gone or when I return it says "you are no longer in a party and will be D/C in 3...2...1..."- a complete loss... and another non warranted injury kit...
    -That's our new guild name!!! " the Sleepless Knights of T.O.C.ToS....+
  • myfist2yourfacemyfist2yourface Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    ohh, and the arc site for Xbox still says that we are under extended maintenance- seriously 2 days later...
  • randomdigits#2166 randomdigits Member Posts: 700 Arc User

ohh, and the arc site for Xbox still says that we are under extended maintenance- seriously 2 days later...

It doesn't, please see my post above in this thread.
    It's just the site team messed up the page caching settings and all the pages that you have tried to open during the maintenance are cached as 301 maintenance redirect pages, probably forever. :disappointed:
    So you have to either clear the browser cache or use some other workaround.

If the site team sees this page - hi, folks. Congrats, you messed up. Some fixes available to you:
    1) Add a cache breaking token to all affected URLs
    2) Make maintenance page force re-load previous page
    3) Tell people through maintenance page to manually Clear their cache if they still see it.

Ana Taletreader (CW) / Friend of Casual Gamers
  • yourenext2dieyourenext2die Member Posts: 614 Arc User
    I haven't had any :Server is not responding: drops so something was done right.
    Super Saiyan God- TR Lvl 70 (PVP)
    Unleash The Wolves- HR Lvl 70 (PVE)
    <font color="Aquamarine">"Non-Pay-To-Win"</font>
    I hunt GWF "Magik" on sight.
    edited October 2015
    [PC] At this time, I am personally getting some serious latency when hopping through 198.49.243.253 (CRYPTIC-NET-PWNAGE-US02), which is a Cryptic registered IP. I ping between 650-810ms when I hit that IP addy and am getting some pretty heavy, but random lag spikes (rubberbanding) in game. All the other hops are within decent to awesome pings. However, when I run CrypticNetTest.exe, it constantly times out connecting to nettest server, so I cannot even run that to further troubleshoot the issue.

Not having any server not respondings, just really heavy lag in game and an insane load-time for the launcher.

I am on Comcast, 50megabit connection and in SW Florida.
    edited October 2015
    The lag was so bad last night I just decided to log off. It seems completely random at times. I know of a few friends who have the same problem.

FYI I'm on fios 75/75. Generally get 85mbps down/up, 0 packet loss, and 20-35ms on most tests I run.
    Post edited by snoborder101 on
    Ankou - CW
    Xerxes - GWF
    Eazy - DC
    Tyrian - TR
    edited October 2015
    @zebular it'd be nice to hear from someone at arc/cryptic that this is being looked into, taken seriously, and there is some sort of timeline for a resolution in place.

Something has to be done before the game falls on its face. I don't want that. I enjoy this game, but the disconnects and the lag is making it anything but enjoyable at the moment.

A few people I know that were big spenders have quite because they've been unable to play the game. That's only going to continue with new games being released next month if this isn't addressed quickly.

Communicate with the community.
    Ankou - CW
    Xerxes - GWF
    Eazy - DC
    Tyrian - TR
This discussion has been closed.