test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What do you think of the change removing AD from leadership?

Comments

• kargisterkargister Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    The problem is that by building Leadership and taking the time to do so I invested in something that no longer exists. Fine as is, but the least they could do is allow us to change Leadership into something else. As it stands they just took a rather large timesink away and gave nothing in return.
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,047 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Botters can farm profession nodes, botters can use any profession to still get AD from there.

3: remove all valuable rewards from professions, or make all profession rewards BoA.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • myles08807myles08807 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 409 Arc User
    I accept that all the effort I put into Leadership for my account toons will be greatly reduced in value: Does anyone honestly believe that an announcement of this magnitude can spring from anything but a decision already made? Nothing we say here will change that, and we have to move on from this huge change.

However...

I would appreciate it if some compensatory adjustments were made to the non-AD rewards given by Leadership in concert with the nerf. BtA refining items, with a statistically puny shot at a GMoPot, would go a long way towards soothing the burn, and could not possibly impact the botting situation or the economy to any great extent. (Yeah, I know that a surplus of BtA income means that identical non-bound items found will end up on the AH, but it would be a tiny fraction of today's market share.)

I would also like to see the contents of the various chests and barrels of goods updated. Leadership takes a bloody long time to level, and having a level 60+ toon opening a Leadership reward and getting healing pots that would have been useful thirty levels back is frankly ridiculous. How about level-appropriate potions, and a wider variety of same, not just healing potions? How about including an up-to-date list of professional resources in the RNG for every chest?

I'll be here through this...maybe not the happiest camper, but I'll be here.
  • instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    I don't have a "leadership army." In fact, only 2 of my characters have even bothered delving into Leadership tasks. In fact, after a MONTH of making it only halfway from level 19 to 20, I put Leadership on the shelf so that I could level up another profession so I could at least open up another slot. Once I hit level 25 on three other professions, I returned to Leadership, and have made about enough RAD to give myself a nice little supplement, but it's not the driving force behind me having the Leadership profession on one of my characters.

Granted, I cranked up leadership on another character so I could "farm" those little 400 RAD tasks, but whatever.. I figure since it's getting nerfed, I might as well stock up a little. Although, that character makes more RAD per day invoking than on Leadership.

I love the idea of gaining AD by actually *playing* the game, because that's what I do. I play the game. I run dungeons and skirmishes. I grind for stuff for the SH. I go off and do something random "just because".

If removing AD from Leadership helps combat botters and whatever, I'm all for it.

And for the folks who are all up in arms about the investment they've made in their "leadership armies, I am truly sorry you're feeling slighted. On the plus side, you can probably auction off all your assets for a decent price. I know that when they add more RP to Leadership tasks that I'll be in the market for more Leadership assets. :-)
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    I still have 7 million I've been building-up over the last couple months. Ain't spending any of it if I can avoid it. Call me AD Hoarder. I have the funniest feeling in my gut I won;t be the only one.
  • theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    I recently burned a lot of AD on GMOPs due to x2 RP, and now feel like a total sucker. I was heavily invested in zen, because I figured "eh, prices will drop a little due to 2x RP but they'll recover" but with this announcement, it's anyone's guess.

Right now though, due to future expected deflation, you can bet no one is going to want to spend AD, which will lead to a general recession in the ingame economy.

Add me to the voice of people who agree with the concept, but who demand better options for solo players. NWO started as a very solo friendly game; it's absolutely asinine to not make sure there are valid options for us solo players.
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    such a simple question, so much words, what are you discussing?
    leadership only makes ppl to play on their handy and make money, without taking part in the game

I play this game and do my AD with dailies, leadership is 10% from what i earn, only a sideeffekt, doesn´t help much having 3 chars
    and the ammount you can earn by playing this game is ok, noone can tell me that he is not able to form groups to run the dungeons, in case you can´t play neverwinter but only do AH trading there´s no help , search for a game that simulates a "virtual economy" and have fun
    every dungeon is 3-5k ad+overload enchants or random drops+ rp that drop and much more you can sell, on top VIP grants you one key a day from rank 1 thats extra-AD about 30-50k a day....stop crying
    if you want you can do 100k AD+ a day with ease
    noone wants you to earn 4mio AD a day thats BS, everyone knows it
    no need to be maxed with your char, if you want to be maxed pay for it
    have fun with your leadership armies and do not complain about investing so much zen in absolutely senseless numbers of alts...50+ chars, lol
    its nothing more than a sick side effekt you run after
    Actually, looking at the preview shard ... holy HAMSTER that was poorly implemented.

If you're going to remove AD from the leadership tasks, you seriously need to adjust the non-AD rewards substantially, and/or modify the time each task takes.

For instance, the level 25 leadership task is 100% worse than the level 23 task.
  • vida44vida44 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 667 Arc User
    Why don't they just make a feature where Leadership professions (as they are now) that provide AD are unlocked for each day only if you have successfully completed a dungeon the previous day on at least 1 of your toons (you can accumulate it per 7 chars for up to seven straight days). People can do one dungeon per day, BOTs can't. Everything stays the same for people who play with one char or more, and when it comes to BOTs they can't do AD farming on Leadership since they would actually have to play a dungeon with other players who would not tolerate inactivity in Dungeons and kick them.
    At least an idea. But I know the people implementing these things don't read comments so. :neutral:
  • feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User

such a simple question, so much words, what are you discussing?
    leadership only makes ppl to play on their handy and make money, without taking part in the game

I play this game and do my AD with dailies, leadership is 10% from what i earn, only a sideeffekt, doesn´t help much having 3 chars
    and the ammount you can earn by playing this game is ok, noone can tell me that he is not able to form groups to run the dungeons, in case you can´t play neverwinter but only do AH trading there´s no help , search for a game that simulates a "virtual economy" and have fun
    every dungeon is 3-5k ad+overload enchants or random drops+ rp that drop and much more you can sell, on top VIP grants you one key a day from rank 1 thats extra-AD about 30-50k a day....stop crying
    if you want you can do 100k AD+ a day with ease
    noone wants you to earn 4mio AD a day thats BS, everyone knows it
    no need to be maxed with your char, if you want to be maxed pay for it
    have fun with your leadership armies and do not complain about investing so much zen in absolutely senseless numbers of alts...50+ chars, lol
    its nothing more than a sick side effekt you run after

1) Dungeons are BORING. The reason to grind dungeons now is to get enough seals to buy armor. Once you'e done that, there's no reason players should be required to continue doing the same stultifying boring thing day after day. Especially since most of the dungeons were removed for no reason whatsoever in mod 6.
    2) VIP is completely immaterial. The point of this discussion is that the devs are (more than ever, which is saying a lot) blatantly lying about their motivations and giving the shaft to legitimate players. You have to pay for VIP. And when 60-80% of the AD goes out of the economy, as it will after Thursday, that 30-50k/day will become 6-8 in a hurry. Please familiarize yourself with the concept of deflation.
    3) Actually, it's many time more difficult to form groups for dungeons now than it was in, say, mod 4, when there were a large variety of dungeons, many more players because Cryptic hadn't taken a long list of actions to alienate them, and a reasonable path for players to reach BiS without having to rely on buying from botters or leadership armies of any size. Back then, you could just queue. Now, you have to wait around for up to 20 minutes until someone who actually plays DC or a healer paladin finally become available.
    4) No, no one should earn 4 million AD/day. However, when you've reached the point of full R8 enchantments, maxed artifact gear and artifacts, you'll find you need about 200k/day to advance in any perceptible fashion.

If they want to rescale the economy, decreasing every last AD sink by 90%, to make this new change truly affordable (and to make botting profitless by the way), that would actually make sense. As it is, this is just stealing from us and telling us it's for our own good. Blaming bots is merely micturating upon our legs and telling us it's precipitation.

They should definitely lower the cost of fixed cost items.
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    1) what is is invoking with 50 toons in a row? ....braindead, depends on what seems to be more stupid, so arguimg that way why playing this grinding game at all?
    2) VIP is no investion, pay once get one key a day for free thats cool and a compensation for most ppl
    3) prices are absurd in AH imo
    4) forming a group for eTOS takes me 5min, 30min later i have +/- 10k AD,
    5) finally they should and will adjust leadership later I guess and they will probably reform some things about AD you can earn IN GAME, so a community grow that PLAYS the game actually and does sit in the capital on their back switching through their leadership army, sure doing so noone wnats to run dungeons
    what is your most enjoayable thing to do in an mmo? invoking?
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,383 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    People will continue to do invoking and continue to do leadership for different reasons.
    Doing invoking, leadership and doing dungeons is not mutual exclusive.
    People did both and will continue to do both (if they stay in this game).

The only difference is they do X for reason B instead of reason A.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

People will continue to do invoking and continue to do leadership for different reasons.

I fully intend to continue to do leadership on at least some of my characters. Not sure how many. And probably will not be invoking on the on a regular basis. Will continue running dungeons and skirmishes on my main and probably 1 alt.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • doctordnadoctordna Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

I fully intend to continue to do leadership on at least some of my characters. Not sure how many. And probably will not be invoking on the on a regular basis. Will continue running dungeons and skirmishes on my main and probably 1 alt.
    Does that mean you are wavering a bit? I thought you are a loyal minion of Cryptic? You better rethink yourself or turn in your uniform kreatyve. You are suppose to be the shiny beacon of all that is wholesome and decent about Cryptic. You meant to type;

I fully intend to continue to do leadership on at least some ALL of my characters. Not sure how many ZEN I will purchase but it will be a lot. And probably will not be invoking on the on a regular basis. Will continue running dungeons and skirmishes on my main and probably 1 alt all of my other characters.

Glad I could help you out. I was going to add "Hail Perfect World Entertainment!" but I thought that was a bit over the top.

Most of my friends have either left the game or can't login. I am waiting until I see what changes are made this weekend before I jump to any solid decisions. I don't make a lot of AD to begin with, but since I started back in March all they have done is pull things from the game. It is rather annoying I haven't been able to do the dungeons or enjoy the game much. Seems every week they find something to remove that I just started working on. They can't remove the quests too?

I am wondering with the hacker and all, if I will have an account here by the end of the month. I didn't want him to get my credit card and banking information, so I put a freeze on my card until the bank issues me a new one. They will keep tabs on my account to make certain no unauthorized purchases are made.

Best Wishes!

• fatgunsfatguns Member Posts: 410 Arc User

So my question is this. Was leadership a fun aspect of the game for people? Did people honestly enjoy the "cookie clicker" aspect of leadership? Or was it the results that made people happy?

In other words, do you feel the game would be more fun for people if:

A) Players were essentially required to run 20-30 or more Leadership toons to be able to play the game

or

b) Playing the game was more rewarding, and provided a more clear path to advancement

Because A is the status quo. If the planned leadership changes were reverted, it would essentially require players to continue to play "cookie clicker" for most of their time, in the hopes that what little slivers of time they had not managing a leadership army was more fun. As well as maintain a very easily exploitable profession for bots and AD farmers.

Or we can go do the path of B, and while it's filled with uncertainty, hope that the benefit to the overall "fun" of Neverwinter, as in just playing the actual game, becomes more rewarding.

Biased polls aside, that's the real choice we're looking at here.

The thing is, not everybody wants to run the damn content couze it wll certainly be PVE, mostly PVPers actualy had those armies couze there were 0chance for us to earn stable AD.
This discussion has been closed.