Install Arc
Options

Astral Diamond Changes

Comments

• Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    blannde said:

Think anybody insane enough to invoke 50 alts for fours hours deserves 150k.... though where they'd find time to use it beats me unless their the dungeon dwelling 40 year old stilllive with parents type....

Not even botters would do that, those rather farm profession nodes non stop.
    Besides what would be the next step, removing rAD from invoking too?

If anyone really goes through invoking 50 characters each day, without a script/macro, let him have his rAD reward, he really earned it.
    mattsacre said:

snip

No rAD reward for a lose in PvP, unless you want to reward jumping around in PE with rAD too...

Anyway, still hoping for seeing Stronghold Vouchers filling up the Leadership tasks rewards...
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    edited September 2015

Again,

There will be more means of obtaining AD added. There's no need to be a broken record about how much AD you make now. It would be far better to suggest mehods other than Leadership in which you would like to generate AD rather than continuing to beat the dead horse which is the majority of this 71 page thread.

Seeing is beliving. They just removed AD rewards from leadership, period, NO rework of the tasks, NO compensation. As a matter of fact, their 'improved' dungeon/ skirmish rewards LOWERED the RAD income even more.

They IGNORED 70 (100+ including deleted posts) pages of rage, tips, data and questions. If my guild represents the community, in parts, they lost a significant number of players.

WEEKS later, they saw the numbers and went 'WTF, they dare to quit, just bc we screwed up the economy a little bit'. They did remove most of the AD generating, while they left ALL the AD sinks (+500 Millions AD for Stronghold, 500k for a R 12, boons, keys, respec,...).

Now they promised ONE change, of dozends needed. They did not even deliver it. They just said so. They promised more changes, if needed. They did not even go into details.

ATM the game is runnig on promises of further changes, without ONE actual GOOD change. Leadership ran for 2+years, but they felt the need to INSTANTLY nerf it, WITHOUT ANY FURTHER CHANGES.

What do you think, how many players will see the promised changes, IF they deliver them in, lets say 3-6 month. They bleed the community dry and promise one patch for a gushing wound. Not enough? Maybe another band aid will follow.

They either deliver as fast as they 'fixed' leadership or they can pat themself on the back in 6 month, that they did a good job and wonder, where all the players went in the last 6 month.

PS. I like the idea of Stronghold vouchers in leadership. ATM nobody, but really large guilds, whales or exploiters are able/ willing to spent 180k equipment (more than 1 Million RAD) or 2-4 million AD for ONE upgrade.

Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • Options
    drwarpeffectdrwarpeffect Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 71 Arc User
    I only have 1 character. I leveled up leadership the hard way. Now almost all of my reason for having it was simply dropped from game AFTER my huge investment. I never bot nor do I buy from bots. I WAS playing the game as much as I cared to. These changes will simply find me playing far less and perhaps stopping altogether. The direction in the last few months taken in the game has been amateurish and counterproductive. Someone with access to D & D storylines should take that responsibility more seriously and meet standards or release the license to someone that can.
  • Options
    coolgeek357coolgeek357 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited September 2015

Again,

There will be more means of obtaining AD added. There's no need to be a broken record about how much AD you make now. It would be far better to suggest mehods other than Leadership in which you would like to generate AD rather than continuing to beat the dead horse which is the majority of this 71 page thread.

OK here are my suggestions
    1) Add AD to every quest and PVP match
    2) Lower the cost of everything that sells for AD
    3) Make scrolls sell for gold not AD (This make gold relevant at high levels)
    4) Put AD back in Leadership @ 10% of before (i.e. 1600 becomes 160)

BTW
    Your beating a dead horse also. The players have gripes and deserve to be heard. How else will you know how they feel about what is happening in the game. There should have been a comprehensive plan for this but this seems to be Cryptic's MO. Break the game, spend months fixing it all the while loosing good players. If you don't understand why they are mad I will tell you. They love the game. They want to play the game. They want to enjoy the game. Not have to deal with months of the game being screwed up like after MOD 6. Be thankful they are still here, they could be somewhere else. The developers have a number of outstanding "promises" to the community

1) AD reform
    2) Something in Stronghold for smaller guilds (which currently limits availablity to the best gear)
    3) Something for solo players who are not in a guild (which currently limits availability to the best gear)
    4) New content (I mean REAL content not just another GRIND FEST)
    5) The missing dungeons

We are your customers, we are the sole reason you exist and we deserve to be heard.
    Post edited by coolgeek357 on
  • Options
    hydropriesthydropriest Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Ideas to increase AD income without allowing a bot to have access to it. The current AD system with dungeons, pvp, and whatnot.. increase AD rewards of that by 5-10x. Increase the cap of AD refinable per day to 50k from 24k. Cut the cost of anything AD related from merchants by a decent amount. Make high level enchantments and primary enchantments higher than a 1% enchantment chance, so that players can have a half-decent chance of getting a lucky upgrade with preservation wards and not be forced to use coalescent wards all the time, which mind you are now currently over a months worth of grinding everything in the game daily on 2-3 characters to get -ONE-. Can't bot endgame content. Make a lot more stuff related to Gold, and make stuff related to gold bind to account on purchase, to avoid being able to buy stuff and then sell it for AD. Increase the AD reward from Invocation on the final 3 by another 5x of what it is. Invocation I eventually stopped doing because it just wasn't worth trying to spend the time to do it. With Leadership gone, most of all AD generation is gone, and people that did invoke and leadership on 50 characters will never be able to even make 1/50th of their AD now. Forcing people to PvP to get closer to their AD cap is stupid. While it's important to reward those who PvP, the AD exchange between the two should be close to equal. Giving players who PvP as much access to AD without touching dungeons as a pure PvE'r can attain equal amounts from their dungeons. Forcing either to do the other is silly, and rediculous. After the foundry was down for over a month, which now its broken even more than it was previously, the leadership change, and everything else, I've come pretty close to just saying screw this game. Even with nothing else I still had the foundry to play with, but since that isn't working worth a damn, all purpose of this game has become null, unless the developers listen to their players and actually work on fixing the game. Don't take Neverwinter down Perfect World International's path, where the game became so infatuated with ZEN that you can't even repair your equipment at higher levels without spending real money because they entirely removed any form of ingame currency from being obtainable by normal methods, due to "Bots".
    [P.S. I've been playing PWE games for close to 8 years now I think, starting with PWI. PWI was good until it went to hell, and once it started going down, the company, PWE, just decided to make it Pay to Breathe.]
  • Options
    psyb3rtr011psyb3rtr011 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    blannde said:

Think anybody insane enough to invoke 50 alts for fours hours deserves 150k.... though where they'd find time to use it beats me unless their the dungeon dwelling 40 year old stilllive with parents type....

As I said in another thread, at less than 1 minute time to change characters, this can be accomplished in less that 4 hours.

Beats running around completing all possibly Dungeons, Skirmishes, PvP Matches, and Foundry Mission for a paltry 24K during the same period.

Also this doesn't account for scripting the process.
    Psyb3rTr011
    AKA Cyber Troll and Euben Hadd
  • Options
    mcvaemcvae Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    so this is a crook. u guys state and i qoute New: 1. Automatically get 3,000 AD for each of the first two dungeons. 2. In addition, get 150 to 750 AD for each dungeon played (up to a maximum 7,200 AD per day from dungeons). Amount varies by time.
    I ran my first 2 dungeons for the day first one i got 171 second one i got 1300. this new system is a joke. i have not receieved 3000 ad for any dungeon since u guys did this. Thank for ruining this game for me. I will be filing a complaint with the BBB. I am a dedicated player I have invested a lot of money into this game. Not to pay to win, but I realize if some money is not coming in the game goes away. Only to get screwed. My Vip membership is useless yea i get 15 percent extra ad from 145 ad. this is false advertising you guys have done on the 3000 ad per fisrt 2 dungeons. U screwed us over by removing ad in leadership. YOu could not even come up with something creative to put in the ad spot in leadership. Like extra resonate bag etc.. Why is it you guys take stuff away and never replace. Another example the spell Geas. We found out we could use it awesome in ELOL. Oh noooooo you guys had to make the scorps immune. So basically taking the spell and making it useless. Did you give the clerics something in return noooooooo
    NOw u guys can not even deliver on what u advertise. At this rate it will take me over 12 hrs to hit max ad. Also thx you for putting the highest reward for ad on pvp. I play this game for pve. Some of use hate pvp. aka my HAMSTER is bigger then yours section of the game.
    I have pics if you the devs actually care on the ad that I earned yesterday.
    I see were you guys are trying to go with the new changes. I do not have an issue with that. I have an issue when you state 3000 ad for first 2 dungeons. You do not define normal or epic dungeons. Therefore it should be any dungeon. I receive less then 2000 ad.
  • Options
    edited September 2015

blannde said:

As I said in another thread, at less than 1 minute time to change characters, this can be accomplished in less that 4 hours.

Beats running around completing all possibly Dungeons, Skirmishes, PvP Matches, and Foundry Mission for a paltry 24K during the same period.

Really?
    Then why are there no leadership armies of botters phasing in and out of PE the whole day at one of campfires/resting areas?
    Let's face it, the botters make a lot more with just... botting... Ghost Stories around the clock, then with running after 3k rAD per day per character.
    I also doubt that any botters has more then one character per account, let alone 50 characters per account.

And as i said in another thread, you can allready see some botters poking their heads into dungeons/skirmishes and PvP for AD. Probably testing how much they can make from there, but if at some point they calculate, that they can get more from there, you will see thousands of bots jumping right into it.

And then what?
    Removing rAD from dungeons/skirmishes and PvP too?

Last but not least, why is the AD change not also active on Xbox too?
    Post edited by regenerde on
    Want to know why?
  • Options
    shootyer010shootyer010 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    There will have to be a serious restructuring of costs and time spent on all upgrades and professions as our means of progressing at an acceptable pace have been in a big way removed when you took away AD in Leadership. It is only fair to lower the costs of everything as well as the time to upgrade. You cant take away AD and not give something else (lower costs and time to progress). That is just totally unacceptable and unfair. And yeah I could spent actual money , but is that not your plan and wish all a long? I want to be able to progress (although at a snails pace) but it should be my choice to spent my hard earned money to do so and it seems currently that the devs does not want loyal players but paying players. Please give loyal players also the means to progress by giving something else in return for all the negative stuff you guys have done in the past. The drops have not changed, the quality of drops have not changed.

I understand that the Devs want to stop botting, but why not spend time getting to the source of the problem and fix it there?
  • Options
    That number in the Protector's Garden stands for anniversaries and not for modules...
    Want to know why?
  • Options
    coolgeek357coolgeek357 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 91 Arc User

blannde said:

You mean botting? isn't that what got us in the useless state?
  • Options
    zorothegalladezorothegallade Member Posts: 32 Arc User

blannde said:

You mean botting? isn't that what got us in the useless state?
    And so the circle of life starts again.
  • Options
    tom40stom40s Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    branndis said:

Again,

People are upset about Leadership because: 1) it was the biggest time drain of any profession; 2) it was one of the few professions worth the time; and 3) lots of us used AD and keys to get high level profession assets to reduce the time.

Developers need to acknowledge that their actions have had the result, hopefully unintended, that we wasted our time leveling up this profession. Seeing a statement like Goatshark's that "Leadership, while no longer a major source of AD, is still a good source for XP, Gold, and loot items. All of these things are valuable to regular players . . ." tells me he has no idea what is important to regular players. psyb3rtr011 is spot on in analysis of how meaningless gold, XP and loot items are to anyone over level 60.

ambisinisterr, the reason this thread is so long, and the reason many of us sound like broken records, is that the developers never seem to acknowledge changes/mistakes that: 1) should and could have been avoided, if they actually played the game; and 2) result in so many players time, effort and money being wasted when rules and rewards are changed so drastically.
    Totally agree with you, Leadership took forever and to get it up to 25 took a tremendous amount of time. And to just say leadership is not an option for AD anymore is a real slap in the face I play a lot of the in game content pvp and skirmish. My top character which is a cleric is still not strong enough for the epic dungeons and I keep getting voted off the island so I will not be making any AD that way, and with out the leadership AD I doubt I will be getting my cleric up to the level that is expectable to the players who do the epic dungeons about 5 times a day because they were on Neverwinter long enough to benefit from the leadership AD thereby able to sell gems and epic equipment GETTING EVEN MORE "AD". So the rest of us are just screwed? That's why there is a 70+ page (ambisinisterr) because maybe just maybe cryptic will see this and see that yes we are not happy with this change and they might possibly give the leadership AD back or even modify it so everyone at least gets something for all the time we all put in to the profession. Cryptic says that the leadership was being taken advantage of and yes I have six characters which I paid for the extra slots to get them. And If cryptic checks, most of the people on here that are upset have spent hundreds up to thousands of dollars on this game. So how are we taking advantage of the profession?
  • Options
    tom40stom40s Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 43 Arc User
    Ok we have a chance for more drops in leadership for grater mark of potency which is what I used the leadership for anyway "to refine my enchantments." We also have a chance for a drop of the new superior mark of potency in the dread ring. There is no more exploits from what I can tell. I can live with these changes.
  • Options
    thelastmusketeerthelastmusketeer Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    tom40s said:

Ok we have a chance for more drops in leadership for grater mark of potency which is what I used the leadership for anyway "to refine my enchantments." We also have a chance for a drop of the new superior mark of potency in the dread ring. There is no more exploits from what I can tell. I can live with these changes.

Sure....as long as the "chance" isn't like this kind of "chance":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqdNe8u-Jsg
  • Options
    novakk1novakk1 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    Vote with your wallet
  • Options
    empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    mattock13 said:

So, I ran some pvp and skirmishes on low level characters and I'm not getting AD. I got something like 50 AD from skirmishes and I think 200 from pvp.

Anyone else try this? Does the AD scale with level or is this a bug?

I am seeing the same thing...their notes say nothing at all about level. Before during skirmishes event could run lower level and get the 1000...but now we just get the shaft.
  • Options
    hanter6666hanter6666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2 Arc User
    This Game its finish, so many polish players go away from this game, its so sad but its true. Cryptic wos killing this game. When people do 70 level they dont have nothing to do and Stronghold its the whorst patch ever, this patch killing guilds.
  • Options
    ethandwethandw Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 80 Arc User
    A few changes I would like to see:
    1. A more realistic upgrade cost on companions.
    2. Daily/Weekly AD rework- a variety of options for daily AD will be welcome.
    IMO Skirmish, dungeon and pvp are too few options (what if I am pve and don't pvp? what if I am a solo player?).
    A. I would like to see daily foundry coming back. It was a nice solo content for daily/weekly ad.
    B. I think it's time for the weekly lord neverember quests to return. They really help getting closer to the daily cap and encourage to play on alts.
    3. More content: I want the old dungeons back, especially the Lair of the Pirate King.
  • Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    ethandw said:

A few changes I would like to see:
    1. A more realistic upgrade cost on companions.
    2. Daily/Weekly AD rework- a variety of options for daily AD will be welcome.
    IMO Skirmish, dungeon and pvp are too few options (what if I am pve and don't pvp? what if I am a solo player?).
    A. I would like to see daily foundry coming back. It was a nice solo content for daily/weekly ad.
    B. I think it's time for the weekly lord neverember quests to return. They really help getting closer to the daily cap and encourage to play on alts.
    3. More content: I want the old dungeons back, especially the Lair of the Pirate King.

Those are all good. Also, the Trade of Blades daily.
  • Options
    psyb3rtr011psyb3rtr011 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    Regenerde said:

"Really?
    Then why are there no leadership armies of botters phasing in and out of PE the whole day at one of campfires/resting areas?
    Let's face it, the botters make a lot more with just... botting... Ghost Stories around the clock, then with running after 3k rAD per day per character."

Two reason off the top of my head:

1) People do pop in an out constantly at the Enclave Altar, and I doubt anyone would notice who is doing so, even if they watched.

2) You do not have to be at that Campfire, you can be at ANY Campfire. How many are there in this game? Camp each character at a different one, and no one notices any thing.......

Have you seen the prices in the AH recently. Things that a week ago would get you 400-500K are lucky to get you 125K.

Psyb3rTr011
    AKA Cyber Troll and Euben Hadd
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    The prices in the AH collapsed, because people pretty much stopped spending AD, since they can't generate enough AD anymore with just playing the game.
    This is probably also what happened to the ZAX, people pulled their AD listings out of it in panic mode, and anyone that wants AD has to offer now more ZEN in exchange.

But how long will real people continue to spend money on ZEN for the ZAX, only to get a handfull of AD in return?

Unless the Devs come up with more ways to earn rAD in game, the ZEN supply will dry up and the ZAX will bounce back to 500 AD per ZEN, but the backlog won't continue to clear at 1m AD per day at that point...

And all this, while the real botters are still relentlessly farming Ghost Stories profession nodes in close to 1.9k instances. And i doubt that any of those are even waisting a New York minute on invoking or leadership tasks.

Anyway, there is a 2xRP in the calendar for next month, so we might even see the ZAX drop to 300 AD for 1 ZEN.
    But when that weekend is over...

Well, time will tell.
    Post edited by regenerde on
    Want to know why?
  • Options
    cjh1983cjh1983 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 229 Arc User
    Are they ready to undo the rod obvious mistake yet?
  • Options
    lucadamingolucadamingo Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    They really screwed this game up,but they got a bunch of money :) Good job guys!
  • Options
    dillygirldillygirl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    asterotg said:

Again,

Seeing is beliving. They just removed AD rewards from leadership, period, NO rework of the tasks, NO compensation. As a matter of fact, their 'improved' dungeon/ skirmish rewards LOWERED the RAD income even more.

They IGNORED 70 (100+ including deleted posts) pages of rage, tips, data and questions. If my guild represents the community, in parts, they lost a significant number of players.

WEEKS later, they saw the numbers and went 'WTF, they dare to quit, just bc we screwed up the economy a little bit'. They did remove most of the AD generating, while they left ALL the AD sinks (+500 Millions AD for Stronghold, 500k for a R 12, boons, keys, respec,...).

Now they promised ONE change, of dozends needed. They did not even deliver it. They just said so. They promised more changes, if needed. They did not even go into details.

ATM the game is runnig on promises of further changes, without ONE actual GOOD change. Leadership ran for 2+years, but they felt the need to INSTANTLY nerf it, WITHOUT ANY FURTHER CHANGES.

What do you think, how many players will see the promised changes, IF they deliver them in, lets say 3-6 month. They bleed the community dry and promise one patch for a gushing wound. Not enough? Maybe another band aid will follow.

They either deliver as fast as they 'fixed' leadership or they can pat themself on the back in 6 month, that they did a good job and wonder, where all the players went in the last 6 month.

PS. I like the idea of Stronghold vouchers in leadership. ATM nobody, but really large guilds, whales or exploiters are able/ willing to spent 180k equipment (more than 1 Million RAD) or 2-4 million AD for ONE upgrade.

This. I would like to say to Asterotg: they took 2 months to 'fix leadership', not a couple days, so in another month from now theyll come up with something of a comparable amount of work. yay.

For Ambisinisterr I would like to add the following: TL;DR steps below! (numbered steps)
    drop working on the new expansion. You need damage control now, or there are not going to be many people playing the new expansion. Just put it on hold, and when you start working on it again announce a new releasedate indication.

The most important thing is getting the players who left over the AD changes back. This can be done quite easily if you ask me - it takes some game designers time though, so I hope you have a couple of those. First of all, people left because you removed the major source of AD without adding any ways to earn AD. You only made the existing ways more accessible.
    The first thing to do is add more AD rewards to the existing ways. Something like 1,5 - 2 x as much AD for skirmishes and dungeons, and make it 3 runs instead of 2 before the large reward stops (and look into pvp, though invocation probably gives enough). You could also make equips BoE again so that people can sell them. This also solves the problem that not everyone can get good armor, because they are in some way blocked from it.
    Second, you have to think about adding AD to solo content. Best way to do this is add AD rewards to (major) quests in all area's (you could do this in stages - first look into 1 or 2 level 70 area's, then add a higher and lower level area each time until everything's done). Easiest is just to award like 10k AD (levelled) or so for finishing whispering caverns (that can be done only once). just add it as a reward for the last quest.
    Then, it would be nice if finishing dailies in an expansion area like Sharandar or Icewind Dale rewards some AD. doesn't have to be much - like 500 or 1k. so, 500 for finishing each of Sharandars 3 area's quests, like 800 for finishing icewind pass and 1000 for finishing dwarven valley dailies. Something like that.
    Lastly it would be cool if HEs could reward AD. Of course, it could only appear on the blue and purple awards. doesn't have to be much again - like 50 or 100 ad for the small HEs, then 200 for bigger ones, and 500 for the major ones. And how about the dragons encounter in Well of Dragons? That could award quite some AD :)! It only appears 24 times a day, so you know exactly how much someone who does not sleep can get from it each day.
    Third, either in addition to, or instead of the first point (you need to add ways for solo players to make AD regardless) you need to look into EVERY way AD is spent in the game. That is the Wondrous Bazaar, Profession tasks, Campaigns, and any store that sells items that are paid partially in AD. And upgrading companions and respeccing feats and boons. I'm probably still forgetting stuff.
    Fourth - Leadership really has to be designed. Anyone who looks at Leadership and does not thing the tasks are ridiculous the way they are now can just ask and they will get some examples from players - plenty tasks do almost the same, except the higher level task that is supposed to be better has lesser rewards or takes 4 - 6 times as long to finish.
    Lastly, this may not be enough to get players back - you gotta restore what you took before. So, redesign those dungeons and skirmishes you removed! If the problem with those was they need to be redesigned, let your game designers do this after the above stuff. If they are buggy, put your programmers on this while the designers work on the above! (you should be ashamed that there are still many references to these dungeons and skirmishes in the game after half a year, by the way!)

If the programmers are finished with restoring the old dungeons and skirmishes or when this is a designer task as well, have programmers fix bugs. There are plenty. Major, game breaking bugs even. Or let them just refactor code. I'm sure it's become messy over the years. That's ok, but you gotta reserve time to clean that up - rewrite your code!

so,
    0. put Underdark on hold
    1. increase AD rewards; up until now you only removed sources and made others more accessible
    2. add AD to solo content
    3. in combination with or instead of 1.: look into ALL systems where AD can be spent. Every single cost should be reassessed.
    4. Redesign Leadership
    5. Restore old dungeons and skirmishes
    Let the developers fix bugs while the designers do all these things
    The artists can keep working on Underdark and make it look awesome, or perhaps some could help test the dungeons / skirmishes / bug fixes, or help look through the many many bug reports and collect often reported bugs and group them so that any included information is available to help find the cause of the problem.

Edit: I would like to hide the above quotes but that is apparently something that can not be done.
This discussion has been closed.